00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cardboard City, a Collab

39,055 Views | 513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 11:27:37

Happy Time.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 11:31:35

oh man we're getting so close to the filesize cap..! this thing is massive guys, its like, 7600 frames long!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 13:04:12

I added you, could you let me know if it worked?

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 13:05:03

unfortunately, dr. clay and kyle, because of being so close to 10 megs, I can't use your easter egg part with the shoe dr clay, and I can't use your second part kyle. I WOULD HAVE REALLY LIKED TO BUT I CANT.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 13:05:14

oh sorry I didnt see the next page

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 13:08:41

At 7/12/08 01:05 PM, MorrowDays wrote: because of being so close to 10 megs, I can't use your easter egg part with the shoe dr clay

Thats ok man, maybe some other time. Atleast I got to show you guys.

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 13:15:38

At 7/12/08 01:08 PM, DrClay wrote:
At 7/12/08 01:05 PM, MorrowDays wrote: because of being so close to 10 megs, I can't use your easter egg part with the shoe dr clay
Thats ok man, maybe some other time. Atleast I got to show you guys.

well we did use the super long awesome one, thats working great actually, I was talking about the one with the nike shoe that comes down and squashes everyone, just in case you thought we weren't using the big one. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 13:22:10

At 7/12/08 01:15 PM, MorrowDays wrote:
well we did use the super long awesome one, thats working great actually, I was talking about the one with the nike shoe that comes down and squashes everyone, just in case you thought we weren't using the big one. :)

LOL i know you ment the shoe one silly. I had it in gray text in my last post.

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 13:33:17

haha, sorry :X

well guys, ITS LIKE DONE WOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOOOO

so now I'm going to write some 'author comments', coauthor you guys up, add a little picture, and hit submit! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 13:39:16

No prob about my part, I still can't wait to five it =D

Check out my newest News Post!

Anyone need an artist or coder for a game? Drop me a PM!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 14:12:07

At 7/12/08 01:33 PM, MorrowDays wrote: haha, sorry :X

well guys, ITS LIKE DONE WOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOOOO

so now I'm going to write some 'author comments', coauthor you guys up, add a little picture, and hit submit! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I wish you would have told me there was a problem with my water animation! oh well :/

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 14:13:12

WAIT NO LONGER!

ITS FINISHED WOOOOO!!!

I think it turned out reallllllllyyy really well guys, great work, all of you! Some things to wrap up:

that co-author for embodiment thing was a tie. :P I gave it to Ziwon AND HandsomeJake because both of your parts really exemplified what nick and I were thinking of when we launched the thread, but both were also different, so it would have been hard to just choose one.

haha, but either way both of you got co-authors and there isn't one slot that actually SAYS 'coauthor for embodiment' so I'm afraid all I can really award you two are bragging rights :D

well that was fun. I hope you guys like coolio's game. I think its great, its so easy and fun to play!

haha, there's also a (low filesize) easteregg on the menu, so you should all go find it! :D

YEAH NICK WE DID IT HIGH FIVE! cheers everyone! to a collab that will exist FOREVER! and hopefully also a collab that lots of people will like, and watch! we'll just have to wait and see I guess. :)

Im leaving on a plane in 20 minutes. I'll catch up on everything once I've gotten off the plane. in two hours.

I will be very happy to try out this whole 'collab leader' thing again, in a little while that is. for now, thats about it!

love you all <3

Moro.

THE END *scene of sunset fades to credits in feel-goodcliche movie*

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 14:17:41

Alright dude!

Cardboard City, a Collab

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 14:18:58

Glad it's finally out there! Would you actually mind though if I asked to change my bio part?

I really just want a link to my graphic design website (www.myspace.com/aetoricdesign).

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 14:20:14

My 7.28 votes voted 5, great job guys, can't wait for the score=D
See ya, morrow, have fun on the plane.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 14:35:16

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY.

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 14:49:31

This should be locked now, because Cardboard City was just submitted to the Flash Portal.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 8663

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 14:55:53

Woot, 4.04, I'm very pleased to see this. Hope those frikin' down voters stay the hell away from it >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 15:33:10

At 7/12/08 02:53 PM, zrb wrote:
This should be locked now, because Cardboard City was just submitted to the Flash Portal.
Backseat modding much, give them a break, these people worked hard for this and now they are celebrating.

I just hate it when the flash forums are clogged up with finished collabs. It annoys me!

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 15:34:07

At 7/12/08 02:55 PM, KyleDaFox wrote: Woot, 4.04, I'm very pleased to see this.

It's going down very fast, just 3.67 at the moment :/

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 15:47:57

Yay! I'm so happy it's done!
It probably got down voted for being a little different. Textures + no diffinitive storyline weirds some people out.
It's just kind of how things seem to go on Newgrounds. But none-the-less! Awesome work to everyone!! Congrats, and good job with all your hard work!

A huge thanks to Moro and Nick! Great collab guys. You brought fourth a lot of originality, and allowed people to explore techniques not too familiar to Newgrounds. It's great for people to use, and this was a great opportunity to learn/experiment!

At 7/12/08 03:33 PM, Archon68 wrote: I just hate it when the flash forums are clogged up with finished collabs. It annoys me!

Suck it up.
It was just finished this morning. We're allowed to have a little congratulation time.

Thanks for sticking up for us zrb ;)

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 16:13:24

You've gotta be kidding me, 3.58!?! Sheesh, down .4 points in an hour, that's terrible.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 16:20:53

I really liked it. I voted 5. I hope the score doesn't get down-voted anymore, you guys worked hard on it and it looks really good. I woulda joined but I was doing other things. This thing deserves front page.

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 16:34:37

Just thought I'd pop in here and congratulate you guys for making such a good piece. Regardless of what my review says, I voted 5 and reviewed it 9 all the same. :)

Anyway, congrats, I enjoyed it. :D

Hope it doesn't get down-voted anymore. :(

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 17:53:23

Well looks as if the downvoting has stopped (hopefully). It's starting to slowly rise once again from the ashes!

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 18:02:44

Awesome collab guys !
People dont know how hard it is to use that type of style , especially when theres so much detail in it , great jobs !
10/10
5/5

When life gives you lemons. Don't make lemonade! Im the guy whose gonna' burn your house down, with the lemons!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 19:49:03

Hey guys, I've been at a party but I'm back now and I'm going to check out the finished thing! Also, Archon 68, quit yo back seat modding man, were allowed to talk about the collab after it's submitted. Supposing more issues need to be talked about it, what are we meant to do huh? HUH?

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 20:01:26

At 7/12/08 02:13 PM, MorrowDays wrote: YEAH NICK WE DID IT HIGH FIVE! cheers everyone! to a collab that will exist FOREVER! and hopefully also a collab that lots of people will like, and watch! we'll just have to wait and see I guess. :)

Yes!! We finally did it Morrow! It was a Great Journey for sure ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 20:41:05

omg! Sqeezy is going to steal out Daily feature with a submission which he resubmitted, look: Over my Head - -LSD-DMT-

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-07-12 20:48:36

Great work on the collab you lot. I thought it was amazing :D

szafranko wrote:

im willing to put much credit for somone who can create a dorito's character to my likeing....

Linkage: Cracked | Geekologie | xkcd | smbc