00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mangoneNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What exactly is the "vcam"?

556 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What exactly is the "vcam"? 2008-03-07 00:13:32

i've heard it mentioned but not sure of what it does or how to access it. any light that could be shed on this subject would help tremendously. ty in advance. :D

Response to What exactly is the "vcam"? 2008-03-07 00:18:01

Flash, unlike most animation programs, have a fixed stage and you have to move things around to create camera movement. Using action script, people were able to simulate a camera in flash. So you would simply add some code to a square moveiclip the same size as your stage, and you could create camera movement by moving the camera movieclip around instead of everything else.

Just google to gain access to the code. Its not hard to find and there are multiple codes out there.

BBS Signature

Response to What exactly is the "vcam"? 2008-03-07 00:18:55

At 3/7/08 12:13 AM, mrmagichat wrote: i've heard it mentioned but not sure of what it does or how to access it. any light that could be shed on this subject would help tremendously. ty in advance. :D

THIS is the vCam. It's basically a scripted camera that can zoom and pan in Flash. It's helpful because with it you don't have to set your whole animation in a movieclip to zoom or something.

BBS Signature

Response to What exactly is the "vcam"? 2008-03-07 00:42:00

on topic: Hey, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but if you insert AS for a V-cam into flash, then try to publish it to a quicktime file (or whatever, I can't remember what flash can publish to), would it read the quicktime and work, or would it ignore it all together?

This is my sig. It's basically proof of my awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to What exactly is the "vcam"? 2008-03-07 00:51:42

At 3/7/08 12:42 AM, HourglassStudios wrote: on topic: Hey, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but if you insert AS for a V-cam into flash, then try to publish it to a quicktime file (or whatever, I can't remember what flash can publish to), would it read the quicktime and work, or would it ignore it all together?

The V-Cam can only be used in swf format. Any video format will ignore the V-Cam, as it does not run code as the video is exported.

BBS Signature

Response to What exactly is the "vcam"? 2008-03-07 02:17:56

thank you all for your help, much appreciated :D