00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club

126,515 Views | 1,160 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-03-31 21:18:43

At 3/31/08 04:14 AM, Mr-Silv3r wrote: If you got into WWH, I can hope that you've been reading The Incredible Hercules. Now that Cable and Deadpool is over, its my favourite monthly title that Marvel's bringing out.

I loved world war Hulk as a concept because it was just exactly the kick in the teeth Tony Stark needed. This is what happens when you stomp on the rights of someone who can stomp back. I didn't even read the Punisher issue because I have no idea why a Punisher fan would be buying war journal

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-03-31 22:27:01

Stark is a skrull, I have no doubt that's how they'll fix all the damage they've done there.

Welcome to the new guy, just hang out, stay active, participate, and it's all good

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-01 01:02:40

At 3/31/08 10:27 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Stark is a skrull, I have no doubt that's how they'll fix all the damage they've done there.

Welcome to the new guy, just hang out, stay active, participate, and it's all good

This I did not know, will read on. Futhermore

Fucking Ben Ulrich gets on this list and the punisher dosent? The Punisher would be be giant threat to the Skrulls. What other human knows how to fight off armies single handed better than he does? Keep in mind Nick Fury is missing.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-01 03:49:31

At 3/31/08 09:18 PM, stafffighter wrote: I didn't even read the Punisher issue because I have no idea why a Punisher fan would be buying war journal

You should really track it down, it's great fun, and the start of War Journal being an enjoyable title, I just wish i managed to get the follow up to the Kraven / Rhino issue.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-01 18:49:32

Urich is on the list because all the points they made about him are true. If they replaced him, they would get a powerful influence for destabilizing the super hero community.

Punisher isn't very useful for them to replace, and they may not even see him as a threat figuring a human with guns is no threat to them. Could this be a potential mistake that could bring them down? Hell yeah! Will Marvel exploit it? Probably no.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-01 19:03:46

At 4/1/08 06:49 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:

Punisher isn't very useful for them to replace, and they may not even see him as a threat figuring a human with guns is no threat to them. Could this be a potential mistake that could bring them down? Hell yeah! Will Marvel exploit it? Probably no.

That list includes people who, replaced or not, it would be a good idea to get out of the way. But I agree that Marvel will find some way to make Spider-Man fix this. He has lots of time for it since he's single now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-02 01:33:24

At 4/1/08 07:03 PM, stafffighter wrote: That list includes people who, replaced or not, it would be a good idea to get out of the way. But I agree that Marvel will find some way to make Spider-Man fix this. He has lots of time for it since he's single now.

For now anyway. But if that mystery blogger can be trusted, they're fighting over whether he'll hook up with Mary Jane, or they'll resurrect Gwen. God mainstream super hero comics are fucked up now.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-02 17:33:10

At 4/2/08 01:33 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:

For now anyway. But if that mystery blogger can be trusted, they're fighting over whether he'll hook up with Mary Jane, or they'll resurrect Gwen. God mainstream super hero comics are fucked up now.

Which is why we need to get EC going. I'll start making a brooding anti-hero while you create a hooded tribute to yesteryear.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-03 04:04:11

At 4/2/08 05:33 PM, stafffighter wrote: Which is why we need to get EC going. I'll start making a brooding anti-hero while you create a hooded tribute to yesteryear.

Planning on making a comic?

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-03 19:50:27

At 4/3/08 04:04 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:

One of the more ambisious goals for the site has been to open an area for fan fiction and origional work.
EC is just an abbriviation I came up with, nothing offical

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-04 01:52:07

Forum update:

1. I'm aware it crashed, and that is what apparently happened. A table in the database crashed and now has to be fixed. I'm pretty sure it can be done, and because it's not a table dealing with posts or what appears to be user memory it shouldn't hurt anything if I have to boot it from scratch.

2. The problem is I'm not entirely clear on how individual tables are booted back up and I frankly don't have time tonight to start mucking with things in there. I'm also going to post something in the programming forum to see if I can get some instructions on how to do this, so the guesswork is gone and the potential for further damage is eliminated.

Bear with me while I get it fixed, redirect anybody that cares here to this posting if they ask you what's up. I've got to work tommorow, so the thing is down for at least most of the day tomorrow.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-04 04:05:32

At 4/3/08 07:50 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 4/3/08 04:04 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:

One of the more ambisious goals for the site has been to open an area for fan fiction and origional work.
EC is just an abbriviation I came up with, nothing offical

Ambitious plans are the starting point of greatness.

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-04 19:01:04

Questions for discussion:

1. Could Tony Stark come back and collect his own life insurance policy for the Skrull that replaced him?

2. Could Supermans likeness be used to advertise insulting products just to show the grudge the family has against D.C?

3.If the simpsons was a television show in the Futurama universe would the episodes where futurama was refrenced create a paradox that demands Matt Greoning be crushed by a giant pipe? If we was would any of it still exist?

4. Since he was never married does this mean Peter Parker is a virgin in his mid to late 20's and how can Marvel most tastfully answer that question?

5. Can anyone here put on a trenchcoat and not think about Gambit?

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-04 21:13:24

At 4/4/08 07:01 PM, stafffighter wrote: Questions for discussion:

1. Could Tony Stark come back and collect his own life insurance policy for the Skrull that replaced him?

Is that what the big reveal was? Hey, note to everybody, you wanna know why I don't read Marvel outside DD or Exiles? This is why. Nothing ever changes permanently, hell, it won't even change for like a fucking year until they just find a new "event" to overwrite the last one.

2. Could Supermans likeness be used to advertise insulting products just to show the grudge the family has against D.C?

No, because DC still would have approval over any and all products. Ditto the Siegels (should they get to the point in their case where they're awarded a share of things beyond comics). Since it'd be a 50-50 split, I'd imagine the siegels would just collect their checks and be happy with that.

3.If the simpsons was a television show in the Futurama universe would the episodes where futurama was refrenced create a paradox that demands Matt Greoning be crushed by a giant pipe? If we was would any of it still exist?

I think that's one of those questions that makes my brain hurt.

4. Since he was never married does this mean Peter Parker is a virgin in his mid to late 20's and how can Marvel most tastfully answer that question?

Not necessarily, no, and no, I'm not sure they could. Unless he gets a new girlfriend he's obviously fucking. Or if they really want to piss people off, he can get it on with ressurected Harry.

I think of Spike or Angel personally. So I guess the answer to that one is "yes"

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-04 21:23:32

I got one he couldn't answer out of 5. I'm gonna be happy with that

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-04 23:06:16

At 4/4/08 09:23 PM, stafffighter wrote: I got one he couldn't answer out of 5. I'm gonna be happy with that

Time paradox questions are impossible to answer once you start to think about them, that's my big problem with watching stuff like Terminator honestly. Because when you really think about it, they haven't changed a goddamn thing, they're only ensuring that the future where machines rule comes to pass in exactly the way it's supposed to.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-05 02:34:47

At 4/4/08 09:13 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 4/4/08 07:01 PM, stafffighter wrote: 1. Could Tony Stark come back and collect his own life insurance policy for the Skrull that replaced him?
Is that what the big reveal was? Hey, note to everybody, you wanna know why I don't read Marvel outside DD or Exiles? This is why. Nothing ever changes permanently, hell, it won't even change for like a fucking year until they just find a new "event" to overwrite the last one.

It wasn't, so don't get too worked up just yet.

Just to take things away from your conversations, I finally picked up the first trade of Dardevil Vol2 (the one by Kevin Smith). Very enjoyable indeed, surprisingly so after considering it and realising there was hardly any action within it. The whole reveal at the end reminded me alot of Hush, if you sort of see where I'm coming from.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-05 04:24:15

No. Bureaucracy would count him as officially dead. It is impossible for a dead man to claim their own life insurance. He COULD potentially chnage his identity and claim it as a family member, but he can't claim it as tony Stark.

Probably.

A paradox, a paradox a most ingenius paradox!

Since when did you have to be married to not be a virgin?

Nope.

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-05 08:09:11

How could you not possibly think of The Punisher?

Unless it was a brown, woven trenchcoat like Gambit has. Its all in the details man.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-05 23:22:14

Oh, for people that don't know, I fixed the forum yesterday.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-09 18:18:43

I gave you people a chance. I'm going to go in there right now, vote for Bender with no explanation and he'll win the fight by a half vote. It's all your fault. Shame on you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-10 02:42:37

At 4/9/08 06:18 PM, stafffighter wrote: I gave you people a chance. I'm going to go in there right now, vote for Bender with no explanation and he'll win the fight by a half vote. It's all your fault. Shame on you.

Maybe if I could ungay the forum registration, we could get bodies in there to vote. Or maybe not...but still, I'm gonna try to ungay it tomorrow.

Preacher and Fallen Angel, these are now buy on site trades for me, they should be for you too. More proper recommending will probably follow when I get more time.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-10 18:43:04

I'm like halfway through preacher and it's a brilliant series. It asked real questions but was never afraid to have fun with them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-10 21:12:35

At 4/10/08 09:00 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I started Preacher but havent had time to finish. This summer I am reading soooo much.

With me I just need to get to the point financially to grab the other 8 books, which I will do at my earliest convenience.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-12 02:14:45

It has to be said. I prefere to pronounce Lex Luthor's name like Luther, not Lou-Thor. It just sound more like a real name.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-12 05:07:53

At 4/10/08 06:43 PM, stafffighter wrote: I'm like halfway through preacher and it's a brilliant series. It asked real questions but was never afraid to have fun with them.

Preacher is a series made of pure win.

The entire concept is just cool. I've read up to number 4 but I either need to buy the rest myself or hope my mate who I borrowed them off hurries up and buys them.

Am I the only person who thinks Cassidy is potentially one of the worstv vampires ever? I mena he's a cool charachter and all, but as far as vampires go, he leaves a lot to be desired as seems to sit bang in the middle of the whole ' ZOMG I can't kill people for food' thing and your blood thirsty brute with almos tno indication of any inner struggle at all, which kind of sucks in my mind.

If your going to have a vampire as a good guy then they either need to be an anti-hero psychopath sort that's only just about reigned in by the other characters, or they need to be the sort where they're trying to redeem themselves for every single kill they do. Cassidy isn't either of those which makes me think they were trying to go for something slightly different to the two stereotypes I mentioned, but I dunno if it really works, there's summit lacking in his character....

Also: anyone here read any Constantine? I've heard good things about it and am thinking of picking some up.

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-12 05:08:44

At 4/10/08 09:12 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 4/10/08 09:00 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I started Preacher but havent had time to finish. This summer I am reading soooo much.
With me I just need to get to the point financially to grab the other 8 books, which I will do at my earliest convenience.

Do it, its totally worth it. I've had those books for like 4 years and have read them so many times and its still great.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-12 16:47:16

At 4/12/08 05:07 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:

Also: anyone here read any Constantine? I've heard good things about it and am thinking of picking some up.

I started reading Garth Ennis' run after seeing what he did to the Punisher and I loved it. It's interesting how this guy who's utterly human exists in a slightly off human world.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-16 22:03:01

From what I've read, I'm enjoying the Secret Invasion series. Even the short Prologue, and Infiltration. Although I start to wonder, after a series that's been this long in the making, what else can be done after this event? I liked Avengers Disassembled, Secret War, House Of M, Civil War, haven't read WWH yet, but what comes after this event? I talked to an old school comic reader from the 70's. Other then his obvious hatred over what's been happening with DC, Marvel and so on. He said "Man, I remember back in the day when Huge Events were timed to a point where people wouldn't get tired of them. And while it's nice, it does make people as what's next, as well lead to disappointment. Even if the work is of quality, works of those magnitude are exhausting."

I'd have to agree with this. Your thoughts? Other than that, I'm hoping Luke Cage (New Avengers) isn't the Skrull. Although I got my money on Jessica.

Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature

Response to The Endless Crew: Comic Book Club 2008-04-24 23:12:55

I'm back bitches!!

Let's see, some things to catch up on, lemme hit the list:

1) Cassidy: I really like the character of Cassidy. Cassidy is played to me like an average joe bastard who just happens to be a vampire. I like that approach, and it works for me. My personal feeling is that if you think of vampires like people, in the end you'd probably wind up with some that are very Anne Rice like, and maybe some that are like the 30 days of night freaks, but vampires that are bitten in a more recent situation? Like now? I think you'd have a Cassidy or two. Maybe there was a point where killing bothered Cassidy, but he's obviously made some peace with it, and from the 7 issues I've read so far, looks like he's only really out there doing it to scumbags really.

2) Nobody suing anybody that I know of, but Iron Man opens next week, I'm pumped. Stan Lee is starting a new super people universe (read my new NG blog for thoughts on that). That's about it I think.

3) Big events: Honestly? I think the whole "we've had this planned for so long" thing sounds like crap, especially with how disjointed Marvel and DC's continuity has become. Honestly, these events seem like the equivalent of a smash and grab robbery anymore. The idea is to just keep hitting the customers with this stuff until they hit the point where they either can't think of anymore, or they just can't get people to buy it anymore. My gut reaction is that we're on the down cycle now for these big summer events and Marvel and DC will move away from them. I think it's hit the point where Masterm3nd's friend made a great point, what the hell is left now? Plus, Countdown has been godawful and if Trinity is going to follow suit on that, it's time to abandon the weekly format as well. Time to just put all this hyperbole stuff back in it's box and go back to just making good comics, and good comics related media I feel.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature