00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

music pain 2001-03-10 18:00:09

i keep on trying to import a music but it always says has trouble reading the file the only music that i can get is some corny music that was downloaded by mistake am i going to be forced to use that or is there away to get the music work its windows media 7 and so's the dumb one i dont see any difference i checked the help check the import a1000 times

ps:how do i get the game to stop at a certain part unless the person clicks on a button? it the game just keeps going past it

Response to music pain 2001-03-10 18:28:41

At 3/10/01 06:00 PM, Sydax wrote:

i keep on trying to import a music but it always says has trouble reading the file

It could be that the file you are trying to import is an MP3 VBR file. Because these files have a "Variable Bit-Rate", they are decoded differently, and Macromedia Flash may not support it. If you can, try converting it to something like 92kbps or 128kbps. This would give it a fixed bit rate and you might be able to import it then. At least that is the way I solved it when I had the same problem. Hope it helps.

Response to music pain 2001-03-11 06:51:11

This is stupid, but it may work
Your filename could be too long. Flash doesn't like astronomically long filenames.

At 3/10/01 06:00 PM, Sydax wrote: i keep on trying to import a music but it always says has trouble reading the file the only music that i can get is some corny music that was downloaded by mistake am i going to be forced to use that or is there away to get the music work its windows media 7 and so's the dumb one i dont see any difference i checked the help check the import a1000 times

ps:how do i get the game to stop at a certain part unless the person clicks on a button? it the game just keeps going past it

Response to music pain 2001-03-12 22:34:56

At 3/10/01 06:28 PM, Torontofreak wrote:
At 3/10/01 06:00 PM, Sydax wrote: i keep on trying to import a music but it always says has trouble reading the file
It could be that the file you are trying to import is an MP3 VBR file. Because these files have a "Variable Bit-Rate", they are decoded differently, and Macromedia Flash may not support it. If you can, try converting it to something like 92kbps or 128kbps. This would give it a fixed bit rate and you might be able to import it then. At least that is the way I solved it when I had the same problem. Hope it helps.

How do i fix it? i got no clue how to convert it

Response to music pain 2001-03-13 22:47:55

At 3/12/01 10:34 PM, Sydax wrote:
At 3/10/01 06:28 PM, Torontofreak wrote:
At 3/10/01 06:00 PM, Sydax wrote: i keep on trying to import a music but it always says has trouble reading the file
How do i fix it? i got no clue how to convert it

YO I REPEAT HOW DO I CONVVERT IT TELL ME UNLESS YOU'D RATHER HEARING A GAY SONG THAT CAME WITH A GAME!!!!! EITER THAT OR NO SOUND OK!!!!!! I REALLY NEED HELP!!!

Response to music pain 2001-03-13 23:07:26

YO I REPEAT HOW DO I CONVVERT IT TELL ME UNLESS YOU'D RATHER HEARING A GAY SONG THAT CAME WITH A GAME!!!!! EITER THAT OR NO SOUND OK!!!!!! I REALLY NEED HELP!!!

I'd stick with .wav files. I think you might be able to stream mp3's somehow but I'm not sure. If your music is in another format, try looking for a (your format) to wav converter at download.com.

As for stopping the movie, simply place a stop action on the desired frame. If you don't know how to do so, don't even bother submitting your work.

BBS Signature

Response to music pain 2001-03-18 04:27:59

At 3/13/01 11:07 PM, chase wrote:
I'd stick with .wav files. I think you might be able to stream mp3's somehow but I'm not sure. If your music is in another format, try looking for a (your format) to wav converter at download.com.

As for stopping the movie, simply place a stop action on the desired frame. If you don't know how to do so, don't even bother submitting your work.

HARROR!! Some one with some sence, thanks for the converter mate :)

music pain