00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Building MindChamber

66,194 Views | 521 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-20 21:24:14

You and your sacrifical robots. Is it worth it? The destruction of these innocent creatures?

Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-20 21:43:46

i can see MindChamber walking into a room with a bunch of people playing Warhammer then MindChamber clears a table and places down his creation

"We require more nonsense! Somebody fetch me a turtle..." ~ Bringerzl

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-20 23:11:02

At 3/20/08 08:44 PM, compl33tbull wrote:
At 3/20/08 08:39 PM, HahaBears wrote: the hobby knife makes it awesome.
its called an x-acto knife

X-Acto is just a brand of hobby knives. The fact that it may be an x-acto doesn't mean it's not a hobby knife.

I enjoy bold statements

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-20 23:42:43

So awesome i say anyway i have probly read watever u wrote cause they sometimes include pictures ^^
but yea ok urm... lets see here i have no idea wat people are going on aobut the clay and plastic
shit but yea ok its going great as wat im seeing so good luck on making the MindChamber. heh

RAWR!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 00:18:24

Citadel paints also come with a decent base coat, its in a spray can, but it doesn't clump or build up on itself. The coverage is nice and even. There are however only about 3 colors of it, "chaos black", "skull white" and a Grey one if i remember correctly. The nice thing about the base coats, is you can create decent highlights just by spraying the model once.

Citadel paint color chart. Just in case you hadn't found it yourself, there is also a link on the page for the ink color charts.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 03:16:31

At 3/20/08 08:58 PM, Razac wrote: How "posable" is this thing gonna be. Please dont say its stuck in an upright position, I want to see it all crouched over :P

like this?

Building MindChamber

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 03:19:16

oh ya right arm is shaped and ready to be carved.

Building MindChamber

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 03:20:26

I must go, somewhere there is a crime happening..

Building MindChamber

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 06:27:48

At 3/21/08 03:20 AM, MindChamber wrote: I must go, somewhere there is a crime happening..

Very impressive dude.

I've loved all of your art, animations and misc stuff over the years.. and now I think you're out doing yourself once again.

Amazing detail, lets just hope you don't drop it eh ;)

I vwant moire :D

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 08:32:09

At 3/21/08 03:20 AM, MindChamber wrote: I must go, somewhere there is a crime happening..

how are you going to manage the exhaust/spike things on his back without them breaking off all the time?

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 10:44:45

At 3/21/08 06:27 AM, Acerbic wrote:
Very impressive dude.

I've loved all of your art, animations and misc stuff over the years.. and now I think you're out doing yourself once again.

Amazing detail, lets just hope you don't drop it eh ;)

I vwant moire :D

haha thanks for the props.
Its definitely motivational to read compliments from you and the rest that posted here.

we all need that push sometimes.

At 3/21/08 08:32 AM, insipidmortal wrote:
how are you going to manage the exhaust/spike things on his back without them breaking off all the time?

Its gonna be tuff hes already pretty heavy. but most likely it will be 90% foil and 10% clay,.
I also plan to add shock absorbers to keep them in place, so they just dont go limp everytime you move the figure.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 10:48:28

At 3/21/08 03:19 AM, MindChamber wrote: oh ya right arm is shaped and ready to be carved.

Crazy how realised all this is. If it were me it'd be abit more random and done on the day. Would you say you know what he looks like off by heart. Could you draw him exactly from any angle?

How tall is this thing too?

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 10:57:44

If you're quite new to model-painting, I can advise Citadel's inks. Generally speaking, if you're an experienced painter, then I would advise you to just stick with what you know... The inks don't give as nice a finish as you can get from good old fashioned techniques such as blending.

I think I've got a comparison pic somewhere of "drybrushed" finish versus "inked" finish versus "blended" finish versus a heap of others... I'll try to look it out for you.

Just imagine I wrote something witty and funny here....

Oh, and check out my artwork: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /802110

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 11:03:22

I've been following this since day one. God... I want you to finish it. SO BAD....

you asshole <3

"Live The Life."

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 11:21:11

At 3/21/08 10:57 AM, Ynek wrote:
I think I've got a comparison pic somewhere of "drybrushed" finish versus "inked" finish versus "blended" finish versus a heap of others... I'll try to look it out for you.

that would definitely be helpful, thanks

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 13:41:49

I Check on this ever so often but only if you're the last person who posted (=P) just to check if I can see more pictures. He looks great so far, I just hope you actually don't mass produce him because then he would loose his already growing value.

I think I would enjoy eating fruit more if it screamed when I bit into it.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 13:42:04

At 3/21/08 10:48 AM, Mogly wrote:
At 3/21/08 03:19 AM, MindChamber wrote: oh ya right arm is shaped and ready to be carved.
Crazy how realised all this is. If it were me it'd be abit more random and done on the day. Would you say you know what he looks like off by heart. Could you draw him exactly from any angle?

probably, only because I daydream about alleyway battles with him and IntraFace.. (MC02)
so I at this point Ive seen him from every angle and inside and out, the reason I hardly draw him is because I hate that I cant really do him the justice... at least with a clay model its organic enough to hide my shortcomings ^_^

How tall is this thing too?

14 inches about.. 15 if he looks straight up :-p

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 14:58:03

Noone else gonna mention the eyes on the unicorn picture? I actualy sat there for 5 minutes crying.

Guess im easy to please.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 19:36:17

This is looking great! I did a sculpture of hands that I wanted to be metallic looking, but instead of painting it, I scrubbed it with blue shoe polish, buffed it, and layed on a layer of metallic grease for the highlights. I'll try to take a picture and post it.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 19:58:24

Here it is. It's one way to go, anyway. happy Sculpting! :)

Building MindChamber

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 20:11:52

At 3/21/08 02:58 PM, Darkaxl wrote: Noone else gonna mention the eyes on the unicorn picture? I actualy sat there for 5 minutes crying.

Guess im easy to please.

lol.....

unicorn

At 3/21/08 07:58 PM, deadspread83 wrote: Here it is. It's one way to go, anyway. happy Sculpting! :)

looks hot, definitely got the metal thing going.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 20:51:33

At 3/21/08 08:11 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 3/21/08 02:58 PM, Darkaxl wrote: Noone else gonna mention the eyes on the unicorn picture? I actualy sat there for 5 minutes crying.

Guess im easy to please.
lol.....

unicorn

Corn, Cron either way they both suck. Orange twat, standing there with his translucent hands.

Surely you could have found some better base hands?

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 21:47:29

so what the point of this? Is it someday gonna sell lol, thatd be ausome, id buy

Looks real good so far

Footsteps of zrb || As:Main || As3:Main || Flash Tutorials || PM me for help. ||

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 21:55:53

wow thats awsome cant wait to see wha it turns out as!

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 22:00:06

At 3/21/08 09:47 PM, Swordsbite wrote: so what the point of this? Is it someday gonna sell lol, thatd be ausome, id buy

Looks real good so far

It will probably be used for my cartoon later, but there is really no point other than to create. that should be reason enough.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-21 22:02:49

At 3/21/08 08:51 PM, Darkaxl wrote:

yeah? link me to a few

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-22 01:50:05

id have to say that there aren't many better hands than unicrons for a mold though...

anyway, the project is looking fantastic! i would say this though... the goatee on mindchamber is a bit too big to be a render of his original design.. it looked like a tongue on the model and less like a beard. the torso is nice, but is there room to put the spinal engines (im guessing)?

the bionical parts do fit the mindchamber body structure.... are you going to paint them along with the model (stupid question)?

thats ill im gonna bother you with today my good sir, the chamber of minds.

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-22 12:43:13

At 3/21/08 10:02 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 3/21/08 08:51 PM, Darkaxl wrote:
yeah? link me to a few

And do your work? NO THANKS. Just saying Mc don't get all tetchy.

If anything i don't just see if you've went through all the hastle of building every other part of the body why hijack the hands offa some nub transformer.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-22 15:09:13

Well I personally think it was a good idea to jack the hands. I mean making flexible fingers is going to be... well okay I can't even imagine it working out with clay. And besides i'd think MC would find his time better spent on the head.

Looking incredible MC. Inspiring to say the least! Gonna try and make a theme for him, his existence is epic as is.

Can you tell me what the purpose of MC will be when you start making the tunes? Hunting for some kind of truth? A purpose? Perhaps a target to destroy? Nothing that would be spoiler but I like try and make themes as personal as possible.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-03-22 15:14:30

At 3/22/08 03:09 PM, MaestroRage wrote: Can you tell me what the purpose of MC will be when you start making the tunes?

toons... sleep deprivation is not good for grammar.