00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 32 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Building MindChamber

60,332 Views | 527 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 19:08:26

This is gonna be a really slow project, and I'm an impatient guy so I'll just make a thread about it so I can balance out my time as well as make sure I actually finish.

I'm working on a mindchamber figure. Once I'm done it should hopefully be able to stand on its own, and even pose using ball joints. I also plan to add LEDs for the eyes, chest and hands.

I got a long road ahead but I think Im off to a decent start.

It looks alil wobby now, but once I bake the pieces I will be able to use a drill to carve and sand parts straight. I Also plan to get washers and small bolts for the finer details.

ehh.. wish me luck.

Building MindChamber

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 19:12:06

Nice. Can't wait!

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 19:14:24

Yup, looks like you have a good start there, alright.
What color(s) are you thinking for it (for the surface & the LEDs)?

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 19:16:55

Looking kickass man. I cant wait to see the finished product. How long do you think it will take you?

Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 19:27:21

At 2/15/08 07:14 PM, Fatchaos wrote: Yup, looks like you have a good start there, alright.
What color(s) are you thinking for it (for the surface & the LEDs)?

thanks he will have slashes of blue, a really dark navy blue. yeah LEDs for the light and chest

and red for the hands.

most the of the other parts will be black with a gunmetal brushover.

Im assuming with all the stuff already on my plate he should be done by summer.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 19:27:30

That looks amazing. Good luck with this project man, thats gonna be one unique figure. Keep us posted :)

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 19:30:16

Summer, wow. Still a good start. If the figure is as good as you describe it, Id say NG has found a new product to market: The offical Mindchamber Figurine! Awesome. Well, as said previously, good luck in this, hope nothing goes wrong!

Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 19:34:01

Really promsing man. Good luck on it. Looks like a challange definetly, but it'll probably be a fun one.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 19:34:40

whoa looks awesome goof luck but come on man you are mindchamber you dont need luck XD

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 20:32:34

Nice. I used to do a lot of sculpting and all, but then I mostly stopped. Drawing is easier.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 20:37:35

MC, you should look in to Super Sculpey FIRM Gray. I had a period of intense sculpting interest myself and started frequenting a forum, http://www.shiflettbrothers.com/forum/in dex.cfm, those guys make some stellar stuff.

Anyways, point in case, the reason you should use gray clay is because it catches/shows imperfections in the clay a lot better then the pink stuff, because the pink stuff tends to catch light more.

Also, if you want to smooth stuff, what you do is get a bit of rubbing alcohol, and use a paintbrush or something. The alcohol will smooth the clay. Only use a little though or it will get over saturated.

I'm sure you're more than capable though, just some stuff I learned along the way.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 20:45:24

woah you are making mindchamber out of clay... can i buy it when its done ;).

Test for echo

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 20:56:14

haha you're going to bake a robot.

Anyways, pretty cool, but yeah it does look pretty... well made out of something soft. Don't know how those dudes who sculpt Gundam figures do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 21:06:38

At 2/15/08 07:36 PM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 2/15/08 07:08 PM, MindChamber wrote: I'm an impatient guy
You definitely are!

haha Yeah! for real like. I need to slow down and shit. or Im liable to post my

hands on backwards or somethin haha.

I'm god forbid , I wouldnt want to look like an idiot ! :D

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 21:07:47

At 2/15/08 08:56 PM, poxpower wrote: haha you're going to bake a robot.

Anyways, pretty cool, but yeah it does look pretty... well made out of something soft. Don't know how those dudes who sculpt Gundam figures do it.

they use a firmer clay which I might switch to. but for now this is what Ive been accustomed to.

once its hard its sands down really sharp.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 21:29:52

At 2/15/08 09:08 PM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 2/15/08 09:06 PM, MindChamber wrote: haha Yeah! for real like. I need to slow down and shit. or Im liable to post my
hands on backwards or somethin haha.
HAHA! That old thing. I'm still shit though lol.

ya cause 4 months is old.. roffelz XD

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 21:44:08

At 2/15/08 09:41 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: What tablet do you use?

I use intuos 3 6X8.. does the job.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 21:56:33

At 2/15/08 09:47 PM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 2/15/08 09:44 PM, MindChamber wrote: I use intuos 3 6X8.. does the job.
It does more than that for you lol.

K, any updates on your sexy figure?

out of clay. im getting more tomorrow

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 22:09:53

Wowzers! That looks cool! So what are your reasons for making this? Money or Just for the hell of it?

This where I'd put something clever in. Instead I'm going to comment on how I should have made a comment about where the something clever should be inserted...

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 22:12:50

Hmm. Seems pretty badass.

Planning on marketing them?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"

Personal Development

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 22:18:39

I'm kinda making him for fun, but mainly. for reference. I plan to make an episodic flash based on mindchamber, and it helps to have a model to look at when I draw him.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 23:04:24

At 2/15/08 10:32 PM, ShortMonkey wrote:

Yeah it would help a shitload for something that complex. Btw, I googled MindChamber. Look at the bottom left of the page...

a girl with tits....from a game I made with tom..... and...?... whats your point.?.. are her hands backwards?

you trying to spam my thread with random nonsense?

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 23:26:54

At 2/15/08 11:04 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 2/15/08 10:32 PM, ShortMonkey wrote:

Yeah it would help a shitload for something that complex. Btw, I googled MindChamber. Look at the bottom left of the page...
a girl with tits....from a game I made with tom..... and...?... whats your point.?.. are her hands backwards?

you trying to spam my thread with random nonsense?

Err, bottom left with safesearch off shows a model of your username :\

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 23:44:39

Totally requires a B.F.G

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-15 23:47:58

At 2/15/08 11:26 PM, Siggles wrote:
Err, bottom left with safesearch off shows a model of your username :\

well MY bottom left is showing me a thumbnail from Alien SnatchAttack

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-16 00:03:21

sweet production designs. I'd buy one when and if they get massed produced.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-16 10:51:34

At 2/15/08 08:37 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: MC, you should look in to Super Sculpey FIRM Gray. I had a period of intense sculpting interest myself and started frequenting a forum, http://www.shiflettbrothers.com/forum/in dex.cfm, those guys make some stellar stuff.

Anyways, point in case, the reason you should use gray clay is because it catches/shows

these guys are beyond awesome. orginally I was gonna save up and ask them to do the model for me.

but I decided that even if mine comes out lopsided I would be prouder if I made it myself first, or at least try too.

but yeah, those dudes are a total inspiration.

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-16 11:31:58

So would this be considered an "action-figure" or just a "model with some articulation"?

I'd love to see an action figure of your character. In your blue prints, how many points of articulation are you planning for? Would they only be jointed, like just having an arm go up and down, or would you have like a base setup...? I mean, for example, would your model be able to twist left or right from the hips?

Most advanced action figures have about 18 points of articulation I believe. You going to go all out or just start with some basic points of articulation (arms, legs, head)?

BBS Signature

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-16 11:51:13

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished figure.
LEDs as eyes :o

Please stop the Rickrolling!

Response to Building MindChamber 2008-02-16 12:43:08

The figure is awesome, just how are u gonna make the ball joints and make them move?