00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Herozaitama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

141,928 Views | 1,236 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-06 17:20:26

It's a little like "MLIA". You submitted something from Thanksgiving, and then at Christmas you start seeing the Thanksgiving submissions, then New years you start seeing the Christmas submissions...

Things just go nuts. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with all that crap. :P

Sorry Lemon :(

This too shall pass

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-08 00:44:47

At 2/8/10 12:16 AM, lemonsourkid wrote: Is five days normally a long time to wait because I see people getting approved almost instantaneous.

longer is normal. trying reading this thread a little bit back and your questions will be solved.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-08 10:58:08

Hey guys, little update for you:

We kicked the shit outta the list this weekend. Went through about 200-300 submissions. There are STILL about 200 left so PLEASE BE PATIENT!

I can tell you this: If you have submitted a song BEFORE
1/31/2010
you can check to see if you've been banned or approved.

anything AFTER that date, you are still being processed. So the 2 week window for the approval process is back to normal. QUIT BITCHING!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-08 11:12:16

Aww... but I wanna listen to my musical genius NOWWW!!!!!!! :cry:

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-08 15:05:44

Thanks for telling this!

I have been waiting about 2-3 weeks now for my first song to be submitted but I get it that there are hundreds of people submitting audio probably everyday so... Thanks again mate!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-08 22:02:06

I've been waiting for approval since Saturday, and I cannot wait to get my stuff in the portal. The anticipation is killing me lol.

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-09 11:23:25

At 2/9/10 10:02 AM, lemonsourkid wrote:
I've been waiting since last Thursday.

You're prob gonna be waiting till next Thurs.

Hold ur nuts

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-09 11:36:51

A suggestion for the first post (assuming the topic post can be edited): You should have a FAQ in teh first post since I see a lot of people frequently asking the same questions over and over, including myself when i first posted here. By having a FAQ it would make it a lot easier, especially for the mods spending so much time just answering questions already answered.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-09 22:39:26

At 2/9/10 11:23 AM, TMM43 wrote:
At 2/9/10 10:02 AM, lemonsourkid wrote:
I've been waiting since last Thursday.
You're prob gonna be waiting till next Thurs.

Hold ur nuts

By the way, I really appreciate you guys. Thanks a ton for the work. You guys rock.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-09 23:48:04

At 2/9/10 11:36 AM, Shoephly wrote: just answering questions

I don't mind answering questions.

At 2/9/10 10:39 PM, UglyDucklin wrote: You guys rock.

Thanks bud!

BTW for those who care/ want to be processed: I'm not going to be doing much this weekend. Valentines day is upon us!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-10 08:29:27

At 3/27/09 03:07 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 3/27/09 02:44 PM, Ditocoaf wrote: Wait... so does your first submission ever show up in the portal, after it's approved? Or is it pretty much fated to never get a single listen?
usually new artsts submissions won't get showcased in the "latest submissions" list, since it goes by order submitted there. and since it normally takes a few days to get validated, your spot at that list is long gone. all submissions after validations will show up however.

^An old post, I know, but the thread is still going, so:

If my first submission is accepted, are there any issues with deleting it and resubmitting it so that it shows up on the Latest Submissions page?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-10 10:11:22

At 2/10/10 08:29 AM, GiantHamster wrote: If my first submission is accepted, are there any issues with deleting it and resubmitting it so that it shows up on the Latest Submissions page?

I don't see why there would be any issues by doing that. O.o but then again I might be wrong

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-10 10:44:32

Good question, I've been wanting to know the same thing.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-15 16:08:01

I found this post and have read through a few of the pages. It looks like response time has been greatly varied. I submitted my song 4 days ago and haven't heard anything. It's no biggie, as I'm sure you guys were busy over the weekend, but I have a couple other songs I would like to get up this week, so just wondering where I stand. Thanks for your countless time spend listening to terrible songs like mine!

:D

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-15 16:45:29

At 2/15/10 04:08 PM, smi1ey wrote: so just wondering where I stand.

This weekend has been busy for many of us audio mods...so I don't think much modding went on this weekend.

As for the list itself, it's still a little backed up...so be patient. We'll get around to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-15 16:56:29

At 2/15/10 04:45 PM, TMM43 wrote: This weekend has been busy for many of us audio mods...so I don't think much modding went on this weekend.

As for the list itself, it's still a little backed up...so be patient. We'll get around to it.

Totally understood. Thanks for the reply.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-19 10:01:01

I have been waiting since a month...

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-20 02:09:49

At 2/19/10 10:01 AM, Animally wrote: I have been waiting since a month...
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 06716

They really are backed up, huh? Hey, after your first approval, is that permanent, or will I have to wait for my next song to be approved as well?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-20 02:25:52

At 2/20/10 02:09 AM, UglyDucklin wrote: They really are backed up, huh? Hey, after your first approval, is that permanent, or will I have to wait for my next song to be approved as well?

It's permanent :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-20 07:55:13

What's the longest that anyone has had to wait for their submission to be approved?
Mines been in for 10+ days and I'm 100% sure I didn't break the submission agreement

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-20 09:15:09

At 2/20/10 07:55 AM, Dapparatus wrote: What's the longest that anyone has had to wait for their submission to be approved?

The longest I've heard was over 3 months.
That's when the list was over 500 submissions.

Guys please be patient...It takes a CRAPLOAD of time to go through and process the list.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-21 18:28:01

I've been waiting for approval for two weeks now. :D

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-22 19:54:53

I too have submitted a piece of music over two weeks ago, I think I will send a moderator a private message soon. My piece of music wasn't even that long, it was about 40 seconds, I don't see why it would take long to notice how short it is and verify it quickly.
Oh well, I guess I will have to continue waiting until someone approves of it . . .

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-22 21:06:59

At 2/22/10 07:54 PM, Cevox wrote:.

Oh well, I guess I will have to continue waiting until someone approves of it . . .

It doesn't matter if your song is 10 seconds or 10 minutes, it all takes the same amount of time to approve. We don't and can't process songs as they appear because the list is so backed up. We go through the submissions by date. If you submitted yesterday, allow 2-3 weeks.

PATIENTS !

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-23 00:18:27

From what I've heard, they're backed up to about two weeks. I've been waiting about two and heif. They're doing us a service, we can do them one by not complaining.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-23 19:22:18

It seems like people saw me as a complaining little kid, and they might have not even read through the post thoroughly before commenting. I am sorry if I seemed like a complaining kid, I only wanted to comment that I have been waiting for two weeks and three days so far. Which is the amount of time that I thought it usually takes, but apparently not . . .

Anyway, I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, and I am being patient. I did reread my post and it did sound a bit complain-y so I am sorry.
But don't assume I have only been waiting one day, it said clearly that I have already been waiting over two weeks.
So, sorry again. . .

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-23 20:45:47

At 2/23/10 07:22 PM, Cevox wrote: So, sorry again. . .

No reason to be sorry, you did nothing wrong.

As for the approval process itself:
When the list is low, allow up to 2 weeks for approval.

Since the list is backed up:
Allow an ADDITIONAL 2 weeks for approval.

estimate

We really are trying to get through these submissions, but it seems like for every one we process 2 pop up. Kinda like for every 1 step forward you take 2 back.

This weekend I'll be smashing the list...probably around 100 submissions or so.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-23 22:29:15

At 2/23/10 07:22 PM, Cevox wrote: It seems like people saw me as a complaining little kid, and they might have not even read through the post thoroughly before commenting. I am sorry if I seemed like a complaining kid, I only wanted to comment that I have been waiting for two weeks and three days so far. Which is the amount of time that I thought it usually takes, but apparently not . . .

Anyway, I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, and I am being patient. I did reread my post and it did sound a bit complain-y so I am sorry.

So, sorry again. . .

Dude, that wasn't meant for you. Your post was fine and not whiny. I meant it as a general broadcast, a message to everybody. Sorry for the mix up buddy.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-24 11:15:18

Hey guys, thanks for the encouraging info. I sent my first track in for approval last Monday, and I've had that damn "you have not submitted anything to the Audio Portal" message taunting me every day since (so much so I've been questioning whether I really DID send the track in...or I imagined it?)

Look forward to getting to upload all my illegally downloaded gratuitously sampled Lady Gaga remixes.

Or I'll just upload some real music.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-24 11:32:28

At 2/24/10 11:15 AM, Badgod wrote: Hey guys, thanks for the encouraging info. I sent my first track in for approval last Monday, and I've had that damn "you have not submitted anything to the Audio Portal" message taunting me every day since (so much so I've been questioning whether I really DID send the track in...or I imagined it?)

Look forward to getting to upload all my illegally downloaded gratuitously sampled Lady Gaga remixes.

Or I'll just upload some real music.

you get a confirmation email sent to you once you upload, which is a way to check if you did it right.
as for submitting lady gaga remixes it would be against the ToS if too much was taken without any actual originality, and I guessing that was a joke :D