00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,822 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-05 02:30:55

At 9/5/09 01:20 AM, GlassBomb wrote: hey guys, what's goin' on?

Not much, my contacts are bothering me a bit.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 02:54:17

I use ubuntu and I am considering pirating windows just to use CS3.
I posted about banksy before and nobody listened. Banksy's official site

This signature is not true

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 03:12:36

At 9/6/09 02:54 AM, Jarvid wrote: I use ubuntu and I am considering pirating windows just to use CS3.
I posted about banksy before and nobody listened. Banksy's official site

Broken link.

But yes, Banksy is good. Although maybe a bit overrated. A lot of people have done what he's doing long before him (don't remember their names or sites, ask mynamewontfitin).

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 13:54:45

This is a test. Newgrounds is conducting a test of the Art Portal Emergency Purge System. This is only a test.

For anyone that hasn't heard... an art portal mod's account was compromised. The person/s that gained access to it pruned i-bot... and everyone under him (which would be literally EVERYONE). Admin is working on getting things restored, but because it's a holiday weekend here in the US, it's probably gonna take a little longer than it normally would. So... just sit tight. *Hopefully* all scouts will return to normal in a few days.

This has been a test of the Art Portal Emergency Purge System. The Moderators in voluntary cooperation with the Site Administrators have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of a purge. If this had been an actual emergency, the post you are now reading would have been followed by official information, news or instructions. This concludes this test of the Emergency Art Portal Purge System.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 13:57:21

Total lack of personal life

I have spent my whole weekend making HD sprites no one will ever see and listening to U2, it's the happiest weekend of my life

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 14:00:47

At 9/6/09 01:54 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: This is a test. Newgrounds is conducting a test of the Art Portal Emergency Purge System. This is only a test.

Cool, like a firedrill! Can we take our stuff with us?

nice try

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 14:03:29

At 9/6/09 02:00 PM, MeMB wrote:
At 9/6/09 01:54 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: This is a test. Newgrounds is conducting a test of the Art Portal Emergency Purge System. This is only a test.

nice try

Oh man, the mods are trying to cover it up.

People will find out you know. They'll all find out, and you'll be dead.

It's all a conspiracy.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 14:13:16

At 9/6/09 02:03 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:

nice try
Oh man, the mods are trying to cover it up.

It's all a conspiracy.

Don't worry sir, we have our best agents on the case.

the truth is out there..

Art Forum Lounge

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 14:14:51

At 9/6/09 02:03 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Oh man, the mods are trying to cover it up.
It's all a conspiracy.

lol, cover what up? I thought I explained it all rather clearly...no?

or is that a joke, and I'm just not getting it ...that happens waaaay too oftern :'(

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 14:23:43

At 9/6/09 02:14 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 9/6/09 02:03 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Oh man, the mods are trying to cover it up.
It's all a conspiracy.
lol, cover what up? I thought I explained it all rather clearly...no?
or is that a joke, and I'm just not getting it ...that happens waaaay too oftern :'(

Don't worry ReNaeNae, I belive you... now that I acctually read that it's a blody drill...
I HATE drills >:(

But I guess it's ok since it was for a good purpose :3
But I still don't like it >:(

But I won't hate you or the other mods for it :3
But - ok, enough is enoug, this joke got old before I even started it.-

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 14:47:29

At 9/6/09 02:23 PM, Fatchaos wrote: Don't worry ReNaeNae, I belive you... now that I acctually read that it's a blody drill...
I HATE drills >:(

lol... ok, thanks... it's Sunday morning... I just woke up to find a bunch of IM's alerting me to the events that occurred whilst I was sleeping (I was tired from playing LBP with BMK on my new PS3 til 2AM! YAY!)

So maybe that's why I'm slower than usual?

^^ now there's an attempted cover up if I've ever seen one!! OMG!!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 14:59:41

At 9/6/09 01:54 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Admin is working on getting things restored, but because it's a holiday weekend here in the US, it's probably gonna take a little longer than it normally would. So... just sit tight. *Hopefully* all scouts will return to normal in a few days.

So do you think that deleted submissions will be restored aswell? I know Matt-likes-swords gallery was completely wiped out, a long with an image of my own. Just curious if the admins even have the powers to do something like that...

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 15:00:40

OMG, it's Sunday night here.

I live in the future.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 15:20:37

LaserKarl unscouted me! Banksy lol

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 16:11:19

who else has had serious scouting problems.

my story is I was scouted twice both people who scouted me were unscouted and so was I.

lemi here some stories...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 16:58:08

At 9/6/09 03:20 PM, Jarvid wrote: LaserKarl unscouted me! Banksy lol

No me fault, me sorry. No mister no me fault.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 17:05:24

Fleshlight, how do you have a 30 kill streak as demoman?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 17:32:36

At 9/6/09 04:11 PM, yahuwa wrote: who else has had serious scouting problems.
my story is I was scouted twice both people who scouted me were unscouted and so was I.

This isn't the place for that... in fact, there is no place for that. So I made one!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 17:34:41

At 9/6/09 04:11 PM, yahuwa wrote: who else has had serious scouting problems.

It was pretty the same for me. I wonder what happens if the very first user who scouted others first and so on gets banned or leaves the portal, does the portal collapse since all the art will be removed from it ? At least until some higher ups start the twig system again ... wich makes me think that this is not a very stable solution ,however through the occasional "purges" only active users remain inside.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 17:36:10

At 9/6/09 02:59 PM, Rhunyc wrote: So do you think that deleted submissions will be restored aswell? I know Matt-likes-swords gallery was completely wiped out, a long with an image of my own. Just curious if the admins even have the powers to do something like that...

oops...forgot to answer this... the answer is... I do not know. lol :( We'll probably have to wait until Tuesday to find out. If not... people will just have to resubmit stuff. No biggie.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 18:43:01

At 9/6/09 03:20 PM, Jarvid wrote: LaserKarl unscouted me! Banksy lol

I've seen this banksy thing before. I don't get it, what memo did I not recieve?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 19:34:14

At 9/6/09 06:43 PM, MeMB wrote: I've seen this banksy thing before. I don't get it, what memo did I not recieve?

if you're referring to the site, you might find this link a bit easier to navigate:

http://www.banksy.co.uk/outdoors/horizon tal_1.htm

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-06 21:46:27

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-08 00:06:07

hey guys, for those of you recluses who never leave the art forum, please post your feedback in this thread. I put it in general because it targets largely users who don't go to the art portal.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-12 02:41:57

Hey Vousielle, you think you can just come back into my life without any notice or warning?! DON'T TOY WITH MY FEELINGS

you were the one

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-12 19:02:41

At 9/12/09 02:41 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Hey Vousielle, you think you can just come back into my life without any notice or warning?! DON'T TOY WITH MY FEELINGS

you were the one

What.. Vousielle is back?

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-18 16:37:32

From another thread about a wiki article.

At 9/18/09 04:23 PM, eewawoowa wrote: I have added a section on the 6th September Art Portal vandalism to the Newgrounds Wikipedia article.
It's mainly for those who didn't see it.

I think the reason why there's no news post is because the DD crave attention, and an NG wiki article is pretty much feeding it to them.

Also, wow, the paragraph explaining the vandalism is longer than the section describing the art portal itself.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-18 16:42:06

At 9/18/09 04:37 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: From another thread about a wiki article.
At 9/18/09 04:23 PM, eewawoowa wrote: I have added a section on the 6th September Art Portal vandalism to the Newgrounds Wikipedia article.
Also, wow, the paragraph explaining the vandalism is longer than the section describing the art portal itself.

Also, its written pretty poorly. Half of it is about review vandalism and how they managed to do it, and not about the repercussions for the art portal.
I think if this article is going to stay, it could use some elaboration on the whole scouting "tree" system

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-18 17:39:40

At 9/12/09 07:02 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: What.. Vousielle is back?

He was in here a few nights ago, I posted that trying to get his attention.

It didn't work :c

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-09-19 02:43:07

At 9/18/09 05:39 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 9/12/09 07:02 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: What.. Vousielle is back?
He was in here a few nights ago, I posted that trying to get his attention.

It didn't work :c

and then he was gone.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature