00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

956,794 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-08 19:47:33

At 3 hours ago, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: When did Legolass become a mod?
Oh, I see what you did there, you clever bastard.

Clever indeed!!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-08 20:19:40

At 30 minutes ago, ReNaeNae wrote:
Clever indeed!!!

Hey, you got the icon you wanted...

...oh.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-08 21:03:49

Oh look what we've got here....

http://tomfulp.newgrounds.com/news/post/687770

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-08 21:15:09

Is there something special I'm supposed to be seeing here and I'm a daft moron, or is it just the pic?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-08 22:25:06

At 1 hour ago, M-Vero wrote: Is there something special I'm supposed to be seeing here and I'm a daft moron, or is it just the pic?

kinda.... both

It's the pic Flowers10 drew for the AVAT. I thought some might be interested. I was wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-08 22:57:58

Been Kind of busy today, very busy. So I haven't had the opportunity to really explore the redesign that much. I should have more time tomorrow to look around.

FYI, I have a 3 day job ATM, I am really beginning to hate this temp service more than ever.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-08 22:59:07

At A few seconds ago, Kinsei01 wrote: Been Kind of busy today, very busy. So I haven't had the opportunity to really explore the redesign that much. I should have more time tomorrow to look around.

FYI, I have a 3 day job ATM, I am really beginning to hate this temp service more than ever.

You'll need a lot of time on your hands, I still haven't explored everywhere yet.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-08 23:21:16

Oi I just noticed this too,
Looks like we may be getting some new blood around here. Guess we really should be on our best behavior

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 04:32:36

At 8 hours ago, ReNaeNae wrote: Clever indeed!!!

Wait... when did Renaenae become a higher level then me...
I see what you did there...

anyway... im going to make a "sprite sheet" with all the new and (redone old levels) with all the auras on... :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 09:31:39

I suppose if a mod could tag art for being BOOBALICIOUS, they would only have to keep an eye on what boobs actually get featured on the hub page - rather than try to police everything. An alternative would be to only include M if the art had been featured on the front page, although that still leaves out a lot of good stuff. I'll be noting all this stuff for discussion once we move on to improvements instead of bugs.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 09:50:55

At 16 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: I suppose if a mod could tag art for being BOOBALICIOUS, they would only have to keep an eye on what boobs actually get featured on the hub page - rather than try to police everything.

I think that might work because that's really not that bad. I would say on average there's about 20 to 30 new art submissions each day, and usually there's only maybe 15 boob pieces submitted within the week. It's a bit easier because you know which artists tend to focus on boobs so you can always keep a closer watch on them too.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 10:02:13

i have to agree... there is a lot of artwork that isn't focused on the boobs and sex appeal in the mature section that would get over looked...

for example

: also want to see if artwork gets its own little window like flash movies and games

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 10:21:02

At 17 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote: also want to see if artwork gets its own little window like flash movies and games

wow cool

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 10:22:26

At A few seconds ago, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: wow cool

doesn't work yet though... nor did the ":" text after it for some reason... i reported it in the bug design... but yeah... looks sweet

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 11:44:31

I've noticed that every time I close my internet, I have to re-log back into Newgrounds every time I come back here in a new "internet session". Before the redesign, I would log in once, and usually I'd remain logged into the server for a week or two before having to re-log back in.
Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 11:49:03

At 1 minute ago, big-jonny-13 wrote: Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

I had that issue before the redesign... as long as you have one internet window open after you signed in, you could open and close NG as much as you wanted... but as soon as all the browsers were shut... you would have to log in.

i haven't tried "remember this password" as i tend to forget it if i do :P... might be the new layout and your computer doesn't want to remember it?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 11:57:45

At 6 minutes ago, LegolaSS wrote:
At 1 minute ago, big-jonny-13 wrote: Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?
I had that issue before the redesign... as long as you have one internet window open after you signed in, you could open and close NG as much as you wanted... but as soon as all the browsers were shut... you would have to log in.
i haven't tried "remember this password" as i tend to forget it if i do :P... might be the new layout and your computer doesn't want to remember it?

I've never used my browser's "remember this password", all I did was that when I logged into NG in the past, I just clicked the "save info" box. I check it now when I log in, but it doesn't seem to want to respond to it anymore.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 14:55:44

Yea it has to be browser specific, you guys are using safari correct? I have been using the "save info" option since the redesign launched, Ive had no issues with it so far, I'm using Firefox 9.0.1.

BUG REPORT:
Also, on a side note, the bottom navigation bar, the users nav button is not working for me. I think I heard someone mention before it didn't work, It must be an issue with Firefox.

If I try to open link in new tab, I'm being directed to this page. If I find any more bugs Ill report them to you guys.

"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 14:58:51

At 58 seconds ago, sirhenrystudios wrote: BUG REPORT:
Also, on a side note, the bottom navigation bar, the users nav button is not working for me. I think I heard someone mention before it didn't work, It must be an issue with Firefox.

Post the bugs in here. Have a browse to see if anybody else has noticed it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 18:36:48

At 6 hours ago, big-jonny-13 wrote: I've noticed that every time I close my internet, I have to re-log back into Newgrounds every time I come back here in a new "internet session". Before the redesign, I would log in once, and usually I'd remain logged into the server for a week or two before having to re-log back in.
Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

Yeah I have had this issue as well.
I could log in and remain logged in for weeks, even a month or two. I'd get kicked back out every once in a while, but it was no big.

Although this isn't dire, it is a minor annoyance and inconvenient

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 20:52:02

So, the free Daz "3d art" programs looks more like a glorified dress up game than a art program. But I have not fully plated around with it yet.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 22:55:50

At 2 hours ago, MajesticBob wrote: So, the free Daz "3d art" programs looks more like a glorified dress up game than a art program. But I have not fully plated around with it yet.

Yeah DAZ is a glorified dress up. We've busted a handful of users Using is. The models are pretty recognizable which helps.
Although I really wasn't interested in DAZ with this offer, I was more interested in Brice7.
I intend on getting some much better renders with my models with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-09 23:20:39

At 20 minutes ago, Kinsei01 wrote: Yeah DAZ is a glorified dress up

Ah, that's disappointing. I still haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Is it worth it overall for someone who has no idea what they're doing concerning 3d modelling?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 00:06:10

The band Mastodon is hosting a design competition based around their song Dry Bone Valley. The prize is $1000 bucks, thought some of you might be interested. The deadline is the 29th of February.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 00:34:43

At 1 hour ago, Spaghetti14 wrote:
At 20 minutes ago, Kinsei01 wrote: Yeah DAZ is a glorified dress up
Ah, that's disappointing. I still haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Is it worth it overall for someone who has no idea what they're doing concerning 3d modelling?

Bryce and Hexagon seem worth the trouble, But Daz is pretty much a pay to win dress up game. It's also really weird with their download and installs. All three have a photoshop bridge which is handy. I *think* you can use Hexagon to make something Daz to polish it (It would be useful if it wasn't pre sets-that you have to buy) And bryce for backgrounds and render. Daz also helps animate it *to a POINT* then you have to get the extras which are actually free right now so it isn't too bad. That's what I figured out so far, but I could be way off base. But free is free I suppose.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 01:13:24

At 36 minutes ago, MajesticBob wrote: But free is free I suppose.

But shit is shit, regardless of whether it's free or not.
So if it's a glorified dress up, regardless of price, it's still gonna be shit.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 01:21:13

At 5 minutes ago, big-jonny-13 wrote:

Some people like dress-ups! D=

Notmeimjustsayin'

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 01:25:12

So 3rd time ive had to start from scratch on a computer within the past few months. Really, really getting old. 1st time from my laptop's LCD giving out in the middle of a big picture, still need to recover hard drive. Second time was a other laptop has XP registration issues that led to blue screening and me trying to boot XP back but accidentally using XP Professional so that comp is pretty much useless for the time being. Now im using a Dell i bought for 20 dollars which has battery issues so if its not plugged in it wont turn on at all. Not a horrible problem, just inconvenient, being that most people never really go too long without having their laptop plugged in anyways.

Wish me luck with this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 10:10:37

At 8 hours ago, big-jonny-13 wrote:

But it's free shit :p

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-02-10 18:23:46

Free shit is cool.

BBS Signature