Be a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

  • 779,101 Views
  • 17,652 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Luwano
Luwano
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Art Lover
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 09:38:01 Reply

At 12/22/11 09:26 AM, Kashi wrote:
At 12/21/11 05:13 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: There's nothing wrong with piracy unless someone else directly profits from the product imo.
Pirated Photoshop + Commissions = Illegal?

Pirated Photoshop = Illegal


BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 09:44:12 Reply

If you steal food from a store, with plans to eat the food, not resell it
is it still illegal? yes
your intentions are not what matters, you're using something for free that would normally require a payment to have.
it's not even like it's the only decent option anymore, there are so many programs that do what photoshop does for drawing.
and does those things better than photoshop does.
because photoshop is a photo editing program, and always has been.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 15:14:45 Reply

At 12/22/11 09:38 AM, Luwano wrote:
At 12/22/11 09:26 AM, Kashi wrote:
At 12/21/11 05:13 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: There's nothing wrong with piracy unless someone else directly profits from the product imo.
Pirated Photoshop + Commissions = Illegal?
Pirated Photoshop = Illegal

Pirated anything = Illegal.


Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature
silversunned
silversunned
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 15:16:19 Reply

^^^^^^^what he says^^^^^^^

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 15:32:36 Reply

There's nothing wrong with piracy unless someone else directly profits from the product imo.
Pirated Photoshop + Commissions = Illegal?
Pirated Photoshop = Illegal
Pirated anything = Illegal.

Pirates = Illegal?

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 15:46:44 Reply

At 12/22/11 09:44 AM, M-Vero wrote: because photoshop is a photo editing program, and always has been.

Yep, otherwise it'd be called paintshop or something, also buy sai boys and goils


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 16:04:54 Reply

Righto, if you steal overpriced photo editing programs from non profit websites your going to hell. Point taken.
I use MS Paint and paint.net, i dont like photoshop at all because theres just too much shit going on with the screen at once for my personal liking and it takes ten minutes to load on my janky ass computer. So theres not really a chance ill ever want to download it anyways.

Also, most people download portable now due to the fact keygens are 88% of the time bogus. And i dont think portable is illegal to download. Correct me if im wrong.

And just out of curiosity, who here actually bought adobe products. Im actually rather curious to see who makes 20 dollars a hour or has really badass parents. =p

Oh and that V

Art Forum Lounge


BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 16:46:02 Reply

I don't recommend you starting this topic, Tre.


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 16:51:04 Reply

Mail came today.
Thanks Nae!!!!!

Art Forum Lounge

Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 17:07:57 Reply

At 12/22/11 04:46 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I don't recommend you starting this topic, Tre.

Im sorry but im rather puzzled.
Im being polite, and painting "in my opinion" on my post as much as i can. You completely disregard how passive aggressive most of the elitist regs around here are to both me and anyone who doesnt carry a handbook of the rules. Yet im accused of spamming pictures and starting shit when i honestly just want to chat about something someone else brought up.

Im not mad, i just honestly want to know what i have done to get that much hostility thrown at me.


BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 17:15:48 Reply

At 12/22/11 05:07 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Im being polite, and painting "in my opinion" on my post as much as i can. You completely disregard how passive aggressive most of the elitist regs around here are to both me and anyone who doesnt carry a handbook of the rules. Yet im accused of spamming pictures and starting shit when i honestly just want to chat about something someone else brought up.

Yes, you're the victim because you're spamming pics, and taking about how pirating art programs is a-ok.


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 17:16:47 Reply

@Lark - I slept in today, so I didn't really have a change to take any picture, hahaha. I might have a chance tomorrow to take some pictures, so I'll try to do that. If not, I'll be busy with Christmas stuff for the next few days so you'll have to wait till after then to see anything.

@Carrion - Read the forum rules.
"Discussing illegal activities - including, but not limited to: ROMs, cracks, warez and hacking."

Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 17:40:00 Reply

Im not trying to preach how its a-ok to pirate art programs, i just personally dont see a point in spending 500 dollars on something that can be substituted wit something else thats completely free.
And i was trying to point out that adobe is more of a victim to their own price tags then they are to pirates.

If we cant discuss that stuff then you should have cut it off when it was brought up. Its rather nerve racking when you cut the line just as i out my two cents in.

My original point, SOPA isnt aimed at pirates. And "pirates" are rarely the main issue when it comes to companies loosing profit.
If someone needs to steal your product, perhaps they are a cheap ass or are desperate.
If thousands of people need to, your doing something wrong.


BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 19:04:32 Reply

No one NEEDS photoshop
there are plenty of alternatives
free alternatives, your argument is shit as all arguments for piracy are shit.
piracy is wrong and can't be defended no matter how innocent and needy most people on the internet make themselves out to be, because then it becomes a big enough problem where a bunch of people in their 70s try to fuck everything up on a global scale, because modern warfare 3 for free was totally worth that.
Do I condone piracy, no.
Do I think people who think they are entitled to things because reasons are fuckwits, hell yes.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 19:06:12 Reply

I don't recommend you continuing this topic, Dave.


BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 19:12:12 Reply

abandoning ship

and bandoning a new one, a much nicer one.
I christen thee the S.S. something else

Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 19:14:02 Reply

yeah, what the turkey said...

Art Forum Lounge


BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 19:15:49 Reply

At 12/22/11 05:40 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: My original point, SOPA isnt aimed at pirates. And "pirates" are rarely the main issue when it comes to companies loosing profit.

Oh, so that's a fact? Because piracy has had a huge impact on a lot of companies; if there was no piracy there'd be none of that copy protection bullshit in PC games everyone bitches about.

If someone needs to steal your product, perhaps they are a cheap ass or are desperate.
If thousands of people need to, your doing something wrong.

You can't download food or money so that desperation thing doesn't make any sense. They're just either not willing to pay for something since there is the option of Piracy. Or less likely they're cheap asses that just don't want to spend money on whatever it is they're pirating.
No body NEEDS to steal anything that is pirate-able.


Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 19:21:12 Reply

At 12/22/11 07:12 PM, M-Vero wrote: abandoning ship

and bandoning a new one, a much nicer one.
I christen thee the S.S. something else

S.S alogel?


BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 19:28:32 Reply

I like how im being made out to be a asshole who promotes theft.

Copy Write protection in games, online pass codes, SOPA, etc etc... Have fucking nothing to do with stopping "evil doers who steal peoples products." What your choosing to ignorantly not understand is that these things arent put in place to protect original revenue but to gain more revenue then deserved.

SOPA isnt about stopping internet piracy, but being vague enough to be abused and destroy websites in the midst of doing so.

Do i think Photoshop should be illegally downloded. FUCK NO, but i think its just as corrupt to make something 500 dollars when its not worth that much. Its a dumb move for any company to make something cost that much when there are things out there that are just as good or even better but free.

If you buy photoshop, and you want to share it with everyone else i dont see anything wrong with it. But selling it is shady and wrong because you didnt make it, therefor its not yours to sell.


BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 19:36:49 Reply

Sweet baby Jesus, just fucking drop it already.
If you want to discuss the errors of SOPA, fine, go ahead, do that, but don't also have a conversation about the piracy of Photoshop at the same time.
Pick one topic and go from there.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 19:40:22 Reply

Yeah fuck it, its not worth arguing over.
New Topic
?DIGIMON VS POKEMON
Which is better guys


BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 20:06:07 Reply

At 12/22/11 07:40 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Yeah fuck it, its not worth arguing over.
New Topic
?DIGIMON VS POKEMON
Which is better guys

Digimon, 100%. Anything that involves things starting cute and having more and more machine guns grafted to its face as it evolves is golden.


Look at my art!

BBS Signature
C01
C01
  • Member since: Mar. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 20:22:48 Reply

At 12/22/11 07:40 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Yeah fuck it, its not worth arguing over.
New Topic
?DIGIMON VS POKEMON
Which is better guys

Pokemon. But it can go either way. The only reason I say Pokemon is because I'd imagine Charizard would beat any digimon out there.

BONUS: Bearded Charizard.

Art Forum Lounge

Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 20:25:19 Reply

Photoshop vs. piracy.
Okay.. I have been lurking around this topic, wondering if I should drop my two cents on the topic and decided no! But now I am mildly intoxicated and feel like sharing my view on the matter. Keep in mind that these arguments only apply to proffesional creative programs like the adobe suite or the likes of these.

(Sorry TOAS, please don't ban me, I'm on vacation and I am very bored!)

My point is simple. Adobe does NOT loose money on people downloading/stealing their software via pirating programs, because the people downloading the software would not have purchased the product in the first place. Why? Because they have no motivation to do so, as M-vero mentioned; there are plenty of other alternatives to doing so. Oh well why do people do it then? Simple, people aren't that creative when it comes to products. They just choose what ever their heroes use; adobe! My point is that piracy is good for adobe because if I had gotten used to say Gimp instead of Photoshop, then it is very likely that I would not switch and choose photoshop for my (hopefully) future professionally life. Boiled down, I think, that creative software producers such as adobe benefit very much from piracy, because when I am ready to start my professional life I will have no choise than to buy the products because these are the only tools I am experienced in useing. Also, by this time their products would be tax reductable. That makes quite a difference :P


World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 20:40:04 Reply

At 12/22/11 07:12 PM, M-Vero wrote: abandoning ship

and bandoning a new one, a much nicer one.
I christen thee the S.S. something else

How about the S.S. My dog is also a dinghy?

C01
C01
  • Member since: Mar. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 20:44:25 Reply

At 12/22/11 08:25 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Photoshop vs. piracy.
Okay.. I have been lurking around this topic, wondering if I should drop my two cents on the topic and decided no! But now I am mildly intoxicated and feel like sharing my view on the matter. Keep in mind that these arguments only apply to proffesional creative programs like the adobe suite or the likes of these.

(Sorry TOAS, please don't ban me, I'm on vacation and I am very bored!)

This is a great point. I second this, and agree with everything you put. There really shouldn't be any argument to it.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Writer
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 21:07:55 Reply

Hey do any of you guys watch Fist of The North Star? I just started it recently and I find it to be extremely kickass. I'm sorry I haven't been very active lately. Some things just came up.

Pic related.

Art Forum Lounge


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 21:57:50 Reply

GUYS.


BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-12-22 22:20:49 Reply

At 12/22/11 09:07 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Hey do any of you guys watch Fist of The North Star? I just started it recently and I find it to be extremely kickass. I'm sorry I haven't been very active lately. Some things just came up.
Pic related.

Hmm I watched the anime a couple of times but I've stopped watching it regularly after Episode 20.
Nice pic two but it's mostly the Body I like about it.