00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

956,818 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-23 22:30:11

At 6/23/11 07:37 PM, ornery wrote: Simon Hennessy (yes thats a painting...if only i were that good)

Also, if only you liked painting.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-24 00:09:49

At 6/23/11 06:54 PM, Knocturne wrote: Any artists you guys think you intentionally or unintentionally emulate?

I'm pretty sure I've grown out of the Tim Burton comparisons...hopefully.

Just changing the subject for the sake of talking about something less retarded.

I really honestly don't know. I know for sure that I don't have any artists I emulate, beyond simply doing tutorial after tutorial to try and refrain from sucking at drawing/painting.

Hell, I still have trouble defining my style beyond "kind of lame and cartoonish"

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-24 01:55:47

At 6/23/11 10:20 PM, Kumakun4 wrote: No, I just totally posted the wrong link.
Because I'm an idiot.
Thank you for pointing that out :c

oh hey, I totally forgot about that tread.... even though I posted saying that I would post in it later.... >.>.... there isn't a cut off date on to how late I can turn it in... is there? :P

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-24 02:12:45

I was the thread killer of that thread =[

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-24 06:22:56

I've seen this Flash Game Projectin the collab forum, and I thought somebody here may be interested.
In a nutshll, the game is complete, but requires a graphical overhaul of the card designs and map into vectors.

At the top of the thread you can place a bid.
Let's say in $10 per hour for 34 card designs ... $350?
You can also split the work between a pair of you, if you don't want to spend so much time.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-24 06:37:23

That is a pretty awesome project. I might just...
*looks at robot collab*

> mfw

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-24 20:25:12

So, I'm working midnight to six for my town. It's a night security job that involves alot of sitting around.

Other than:
http://obi-quiet.deviantart.com/art/Real ism-proportion-tutorial-1-70903787
http://www.elfwood.com/farp/figure/willi amlibodyconstruction.html
http://www.portrait-artist.org/misc/prop ortion.html

(links posted by VividGrim in my personal thread)

Anyone know any other sites that I can use to work on my drawing?

Just testing things out l popcorn

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-25 00:12:22

Just got back from my first time paintballing. Very fun indeed.
As long as you're conservative with your ammo, you don't really need to buy many extra paintballs.
I pulled off 3 action rolls (all unintentional) and about 5 slides (intentional).
I suggest giving it a whirl if you've ever been interested.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-25 06:26:33

At 6/25/11 12:12 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Just got back from my first time paintballing.

I demand related pictures.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-25 06:27:12

At 6/25/11 12:12 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Just got back from my first time paintballing. Very fun indeed.
As long as you're conservative with your ammo, you don't really need to buy many extra paintballs.
I pulled off 3 action rolls (all unintentional) and about 5 slides (intentional).
I suggest giving it a whirl if you've ever been interested.

Next time you go, try playing Ironman rules for the final round.
What are the rules:
1) All normal rules are gone (no surrender rule/ point blank shot is legal)
2) keep going until you: a- run out of ammo or b- can't take the pain of being shot anymore.
(to date I have only ever left Ironman games for ammo, never pain)

Art Forum Lounge

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-25 10:35:28

At 6/25/11 06:27 AM, XWarrior61 wrote: Next time you go, try playing Ironman rules for the final round.

I'd love to play ironman, but it's based on the rules of the company, not our own.
As for pain, honestly, it wasn't that bad, I've only got about 3 bruises total on me (one asshole, probably on my own team, shot me in the neck while i was walking off).

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-25 14:12:18

At 6/25/11 10:35 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/25/11 06:27 AM, XWarrior61 wrote: Next time you go, try playing Ironman rules for the final round.
I'd love to play ironman, but it's based on the rules of the company, not our own.
As for pain, honestly, it wasn't that bad, I've only got about 3 bruises total on me (one asshole, probably on my own team, shot me in the neck while i was walking off).

And thats why I always wear a hat backwards when I go, that way the visor covers my neck.

Still gotta say the most painful experience in paintball, for me, was a point blank shot to a particularly sensitive area (kid was probably around ten and was crouched down, I should have seen that one coming).
But the best was when I got the drop on five guys from a para-military group during a 25-on-25 round (you know you did good when the officers from the group want to shake your hand afterwards)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-25 14:31:34

At 6/25/11 02:12 PM, XWarrior61 wrote: And thats why I always wear a hat backwards when I go, that way the visor covers my neck.

Nah, it was the front of the neck, under the jawline.

Still gotta say the most painful experience in paintball, for me, was a point blank shot to a particularly sensitive area (kid was probably around ten and was crouched down, I should have seen that one coming).

And that's why I wore a cup.

But the best was when I got the drop on five guys from a para-military group during a 25-on-25 round (you know you did good when the officers from the group want to shake your hand afterwards)

Best move I pulled off was during a capture the flag match. I booted around the map, and pulled off a good 3-foot slide behind the car in the middle of the field where the flag was. The ref was on the second floor reffing the field from a window. I looked up at him, and he motions to me that the flag is still there on the car. I zip out from behind the car and swing around to get the flag. Right after the car is a drop in the field, so I jump off the ledge. I messed up my landng and stumbled, but somehow connected it into an action roll in which I also spun around 180 degrees and landed with my back to a shed beside a buddy of mine.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-26 19:58:33

At 6/26/11 07:50 PM, Kitten2910 wrote: Does anybody know any 3-D art programs OTHER THAN BLENDER? Don't tell me an explaination about "just stay with blender bro", I just want a diffrent art program.

Check out this newspost:

http://re2deemer.newgrounds.com/news/pos t/309622

There is also a section about free 3D programs.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-26 20:38:35

So hey.
I just noticed the first friday of the coming month will actually be on the first of July.
Are we going to do a FtPF?
And if so, will it be moved to the 8th, or are we rushing it for this friday?
Just curious to know.
My suggestion for subject is our childhood heroes, btw :O

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-26 20:49:37

At 6/26/11 08:38 PM, Kumakun4 wrote: So hey.
I just noticed the first friday of the coming month will actually be on the first of July.
Are we going to do a FtPF?
And if so, will it be moved to the 8th, or are we rushing it for this friday?
Just curious to know.
My suggestion for subject is our childhood heroes, btw :O

There won't be a flood for some time. More info at the end of the last flood thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-26 23:23:21

At 6/26/11 11:17 PM, Kitten2910 wrote:

Either way I did have a thought of this happening with the flash portal and audio portal. On friday we make songs, saturday we make games, and on sunday we make animations. I also had an idea where on monday everybody could make an collab of random stuff relating to a topic. I can go on forever about this and stuff.

It's a lot harder to crank out a song or a game in a week than it is a piece of art. Also, the idea is to flood a portal with the same macro for your art, so it looks flooded. It's hard to do this in portals where the submissions are a lot more frequent.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-26 23:54:57

I shall miss the flood :<

In other news, I *might* take on a solo project, similar to Dave's art forum thing, but with gijinkas (omg dont kill me ash!)
Because, you guys all know how the collab failed, I dont think Danopus is coming back, I cant run a collab (even if people were up for it), and, frankly, I've sketched out around 30 already, most of which have already been drawn for the collab. That isnt to say expect anythin soon (except perhaps sketches and wips in my thread), plus I have other obligations with animations (what? Oh nothing...)
Just an idea! :P

btw, only first 151, Im insane, but not THAT much

And before i go:
Congrats Lulu for kicking Jonny's ass! :D
^ in soccer ;)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 00:10:40

At 6/26/11 11:54 PM, Kashi wrote: Congrats Lulu for kicking Jonny's ass! :D
^ in soccer ;)

Not only is soccer not really a Canadian sport.... it was WOMEN'S soccer ;P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 00:12:56

At 6/27/11 12:10 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 6/26/11 11:54 PM, Kashi wrote: Congrats Lulu for kicking Jonny's ass! :D
^ in soccer ;)
Not only is soccer not really a Canadian sport.... it was WOMEN'S soccer ;P

Excuses.

And then the German team was found dead, with a suspicious amout of broken hockey sticks in a nearby dumpster :O

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 00:30:48

Lol, you guys are awesome. Just randomly popping in and reading the posts made me me chuckle.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 01:24:45

At 6/26/11 08:49 PM, Luwano wrote: There won't be a flood for some time. More info at the end of the last flood thread.

I think it'd be worth an effort, since it's summertime now. Might have more people joining, what with their schedules loosened.
But then, it seems like it's always the same eight-or-so people that consistently participate.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 03:06:01

At 6/27/11 01:24 AM, Kumakun4 wrote: But then, it seems like it's always the same eight-or-so people that consistently participate.

i have to agree... i know i don't par-take but that's because im lazy and do other things with my time...

one day the art group will get enough people to fill a page with no breaks... i'm sure of it...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 06:48:09

At 6/26/11 11:23 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: It's a lot harder to crank out a song ... in a week than it is a piece of art.

Thats bullshit.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 06:53:52

At 6/27/11 03:06 AM, LegolaSS wrote: i have to agree... i know i don't par-take but that's because im lazy and do other things with my time...

Other things like procrastinate on collabs that have been put off for a year.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 07:00:31

At 6/25/11 02:31 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Best move I pulled off was during a capture the flag match. I booted around the map, and pulled off a good 3-foot slide behind the car in the middle of the field where the flag was. The ref was on the second floor reffing the field from a window. I looked up at him, and he motions to me that the flag is still there on the car. I zip out from behind the car and swing around to get the flag. Right after the car is a drop in the field, so I jump off the ledge. I messed up my landng and stumbled, but somehow connected it into an action roll in which I also spun around 180 degrees and landed with my back to a shed beside a buddy of mine.

Second time I went there was a one one one that ended slightly different. Between the two of them they must've emptied half their hoppers without a hit since they were jumping and diving all over the place. As the one from the other team rounded a corner in an attempt to get away I nailed him with three shots between the eyes (about a 30 foot shot, nothing special)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 08:39:31

At 6/27/11 01:24 AM, Kumakun4 wrote: But then, it seems like it's always the same eight-or-so people that consistently participate.

This actually seems like a good idea, but all the same giving it a rest and recuperation session is likely to do more good then simply hoping that because its summer, more people are going to join. I know I haven't been participating becauseI suck, but that's just me.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 08:54:27

At 6/27/11 08:39 AM, Lintire wrote: I know I haven't been participating because I suck, but that's just me.

Then dow are you going to get better? :P
Besides, it isn't about level of skill. Its the whole community thing, and getting feedback on your art (even though that hasn't been so popular lately :/)

I like to participate in the floods, but I'm sort of picky and only do the topics I like :3

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 17:48:55

At 6/27/11 11:45 AM, Kitten2910 wrote: Wait I meant every game jam that austin announces. Not i.

Pretty sure everyone understood you'd made a spelling mistake as it seems highly unlikely that you could ever manage a game jam.
Everyone is also too nice to tell that your idea is shit.
Or they can't be assed to.
Either way, there you have it.
Then again, I say a lot of dumb stuff, so who knows. Maybe I read the situation wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-06-27 22:34:48

At 6/27/11 10:29 PM, Kitten2910 wrote: I can do the audio flood though I have good enough scores.

Then, ermmmm, wouldn't it be better if you went about with your idea in the Audio Forum Lounge?