00:00
00:00

Art Forum Lounge

807,600 Views | 17,718 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-22 20:44:26


But now we have to seem talented

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-22 21:17:29


At 11/22/10 08:44 PM, M-Vero wrote: But now we have to seem talented

Now I gotta look up how to draw better anime.


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-22 21:35:24


At 11/22/10 07:50 PM, Luwano wrote: Thanks Kraig!

"must be worthy of the attention of our talented pool of artists and moderators"
Is it just me or does this make the art forum people look even more elitist?

It does make us seem like big egotistical jerks...

I can still posst, right?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-22 22:33:48


At 11/22/10 08:44 PM, M-Vero wrote: But now we have to seem talented

Who's got talent?
Certainly not me.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-22 23:43:43


At 11/22/10 10:33 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Who's got talent?
Certainly not me.

nor me :P... oh dear... do we have a talented pool?...


BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-22 23:54:31


At 11/22/10 11:43 PM, LegolaSS wrote: nor me :P... oh dear... do we have a talented pool?...

I trained my pool to roll over.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-22 23:57:39


At 11/22/10 11:54 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/22/10 11:43 PM, LegolaSS wrote: nor me :P... oh dear... do we have a talented pool?...
I trained my pool to roll over.

>:( No fair, mine won't even sit!

It is good to swim in though.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 00:22:46


I'm back from that place I went to. Did anyone miss me? Did I miss anything?.......

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 00:26:35


At 11/23/10 12:22 AM, CloudEater wrote: I'm back from that place I went to. Did anyone miss me? Did I miss anything?.......

There was a big fiasco shabbadoo on saturady, but whatever.

Also, we still gonna do that "secret project"?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 00:42:51


At 11/23/10 12:26 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/23/10 12:22 AM, CloudEater wrote: I'm back from that place I went to. Did anyone miss me? Did I miss anything?.......
There was a big fiasco shabbadoo on saturady, but whatever.

New rules too it seems, I can't really tell what's changed.

Also, we still gonna do that "secret project"?

...and yes, good reminding. Although I kinda forget exactly what that project was.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 01:32:54


Cloudy, my band uploaded a new song, you should check it. Also, the rule makes us sound cocky I mean, I know most of us our humble about our meager talent.


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 03:18:09


At 11/22/10 07:50 PM, Luwano wrote: "must be worthy of the attention of our talented pool of artists and moderators"

A pool made of people? I don't that appealing to swim in. :P


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 07:45:11


At 11/22/10 07:50 PM, Luwano wrote: "must be worthy of the attention of our talented pool of artists and moderators"

That's such a non-rule. C'mon, we're rule fascists, not egotists!

I thought a better compromise would be addressing problems brought up from the spam threads.
Such as collab attempts and activity threads.

Whilst jim is right that a starting pic, whilst fucking useful, can be alienating to most users, it is clear these threads require some order, so they're not just some lame request thread.

Say ...
- All art collabs must follow the collab rules (link to rules in the collab forum ...............)
- All activity threads and art collabs should start with a pic, as a decent example of what is expected.

Everything else I've been ok with (apart from the increased number of threads! :P)
Must issues can be solved with common sense, rather than 10 commandments set in stone above the art forum.


BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 08:25:03


It does sound slightly big headed, the rule itself sounds...decent, but should be written in a different context.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 08:27:43


At 11/23/10 03:18 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 11/22/10 07:50 PM, Luwano wrote: "must be worthy of the attention of our talented pool of artists and moderators"
A pool made of people? I don't that appealing to swim in. :P

Even if the people are some of the most attractive women in the world? In my case I wouldn't mind swimming in a pool full of Will Smiths... Mmmmm.....

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 09:01:37


At 11/23/10 08:27 AM, Abbyka wrote:
At 11/23/10 03:18 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
A pool made of people? I don't that appealing to swim in. :P
Even if the people are some of the most attractive women in the world? In my case I wouldn't mind swimming in a pool full of Will Smiths... Mmmmm.....

Oh I thought he was talking about a puddle of blood.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 09:52:21


Even though it's probably a new day over in Australia, happy birthday Lintire.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 10:13:31


Happy b-day Lintire!!!


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 10:23:35


Happy birthday Lintire

Who's Lintire?
^^ OMG NOOB

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 10:47:06


At 11/22/10 11:57 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 11/22/10 11:54 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/22/10 11:43 PM, LegolaSS wrote: nor me :P... oh dear... do we have a talented pool?...
I trained my pool to roll over.
>:( No fair, mine won't even sit!

My pool went rabid and ate 3 cats and a mailman's leg. I was forced to put it down.....

Do you know how much it cost to euthanize a pool?! I could have taken it out behind the shed and shot it for 20 cents! Fucking rip off....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 11:03:20


At 11/23/10 07:45 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Say ...
- All art collabs must follow the collab rules (link to rules in the collab forum ...............)
- All activity threads and art collabs should start with a pic, as a decent example of what is expected.

I think this is a good idea, it gives the old "start with a picture" rule some actual use while also creating another rule we needed.

I was trying to think of more to add or things to change but this is just about right.


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 11:13:49


At 11/23/10 07:45 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Whilst jim is right that a starting pic, whilst fucking useful, can be alienating to most users, it is clear these threads require some order, so they're not just some lame request thread.

Say ...
- All art collabs must follow the collab rules (link to rules in the collab forum ...............)
- All activity threads and art collabs should start with a pic, as a decent example of what is expected.

Personally I still think linking to the most used/useful pages would be great. Mainly the lounge and art101


BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 11:21:06


At 11/23/10 11:13 AM, Havegum wrote: Personally I still think linking to the most used/useful pages would be great. Mainly the lounge and art101

Yes links are needed, also the rules should have flashing lights around it that can only be removed once a user passes a test which evaluates their knowledge of the rules.

lol jk

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-23 17:41:46


Happy B-Day Lintire!!! :D

At 11/23/10 10:47 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 11/22/10 11:57 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
My pool went rabid and ate 3 cats and a mailman's leg. I was forced to put it down.....
Do you know how much it cost to euthanize a pool?! I could have taken it out behind the shed and shot it for 20 cents! Fucking rip off....

Trololol.
Mine is getting to be very taxing on my income, I might have to starve it. Or pull it behind the shed, since it costs too much to euthanize. Thanks for the tip, Kinsei! :3

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 07:13:13


I got a lot more love on the internet about my birthday (with well-wishing coming in from everywhere, especially you awesome people here at Newgrounds) then I did IRL. That's not a good sign, is it?

Anyway, exam block is over, so hopefully I can get myself back to the point where I'm drawing.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 21:05:13


Quick question, how big of a difference is there to drawing something from reference to drawing what's in your head? When it comes to figuring out a person's level in drawing.

I can replicate an image online no problem. Though when it comes to drawing from the top of my head I'm just in shambles I can't draw anything.


If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 21:11:16


At 11/24/10 09:05 PM, X1SephX wrote: Quick question, how big of a difference is there to drawing something from reference to drawing what's in your head? When it comes to figuring out a person's level in drawing.
I can replicate an image online no problem. Though when it comes to drawing from the top of my head I'm just in shambles I can't draw anything.

When drawing from a reference the idea and proportions are already down. When you try to put an idea into visual, it's much harder because you have to think each and every part through.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 21:13:58


At 11/24/10 09:11 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
When drawing from a reference the idea and proportions are already down. When you try to put an idea into visual, it's much harder because you have to think each and every part through.

Understood.


If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 21:33:57


Another advantage of drawing from reference is you tend to draw things in a way that you wouldn't normally draw them. For example, when you try to make up a face on your own, your mind has a set of "stock" features that it will want you to use. In other words, you'll most likely draw the same kind of eyes, mouth, and noses, the same way. When in reality, as we know, there are tons of variations. By using photo references, you can add more variation(and therefore credibility and life) to whatever it is you're drawing.

However, I will say, make sure it's a reference, and just a replication. It's a happy medium. Contribute enough from your head to make something unique and imaginative, and then use reference to get the extra details and refinement that will really put your piece over the edge to greatness.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-24 23:01:15


man im having the hardest time drawing. you see i have a set style that i really love doing with pencil but if i try it with ink it comes out super shitty. its like i have two completely different art styles when it comes to ink a graphite.
any one know anything that can help?


Celestica

BBS Signature