00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,525 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-04 22:27:55

At 12/4/10 10:13 PM, Abbyka wrote: God! I have one piece I've been trying to submit for weeks and it won't submit! It just gets stuck at the loading submission part. D:<

It could be your browser. Are you using IE?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-04 22:29:26

At 12/4/10 10:27 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/4/10 10:13 PM, Abbyka wrote: God! I have one piece I've been trying to submit for weeks and it won't submit! It just gets stuck at the loading submission part. D:<

Nope. I'm using firefox. Everything else I try to submit works just fine. It's just this ONE piece that won't work.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-04 23:52:38

At 12/4/10 10:29 PM, Abbyka wrote:
Nope. I'm using firefox. Everything else I try to submit works just fine. It's just this ONE piece that won't work.

Chrome is obviously the best browser... http://www.google.com/chrome

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 00:21:52

At 12/4/10 09:42 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Have any of you guys built a PC before?

I'm about to actually. I don't know dick about hardware though so I got my friend to put together a list of parts for me to buy. He says it should be easy enough to put it together if I watch a Youtube tut or two. I was gonna salvage from this computer but turns out it's old as fuck so really I'm just trying to optimise my 'bang for buck'. But really, I can't imagine it being difficult to do because it's just slotting things into places and fastening things in.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 01:06:28

At 12/4/10 11:52 PM, CloudEater wrote:
At 12/4/10 10:29 PM, Abbyka wrote:
Chrome is obviously the best browser... http://www.google.com/chrome

I hate change when it comes to my computer, I'mma stick with firefox because that's what I know how to use. My husband updated my computer to XP and it pissed me off for weeks. He finally changed it back to ME. I know ME is the worst but it's what I've been using since I got my first computer. <.< lol

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 01:10:08

At 12/5/10 12:21 AM, Kuoke wrote:
At 12/4/10 09:42 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Have any of you guys built a PC before?
I'm about to actually. I don't know dick about hardware though so I got my friend to put together a list of parts for me to buy. He says it should be easy enough to put it together if I watch a Youtube tut or two. I was gonna salvage from this computer but turns out it's old as fuck so really I'm just trying to optimise my 'bang for buck'. But really, I can't imagine it being difficult to do because it's just slotting things into places and fastening things in.

Be careful about static electricity though. My ex, who was SUPPOSED to know a lot about computers, managed to fry the motherboard to my computer. Pissed me off to no end because absolutely nothing was wrong with the computer, he was just fiddling with it for no reason. We went for several months without a computer because of that moron.

Now my husband, he has this little device that he puts in his hand that attaches to the computer that somehow prevents static eletricity. I dunno what it's called though. I think you can do without it as long as you have to "ground" yourself on something metal(like the case of the computer) to prevent static.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 01:25:36

On the subject of Tablets, here is my fuck-knows-how-old tiny barely functioning worn out P.O.S wacom.

Can for size comparison.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 01:29:35

At 12/5/10 01:25 AM, ornery wrote: On the subject of Tablets, here is my fuck-knows-how-old tiny barely functioning worn out P.O.S wacom.

Can for size comparison.

I'm going to have to find a way to hide mine from my kids. They are destroyers of everything. My daughter thinks EVERYTHING belongs to her and then she goes and breaks it. I think I'd have to drop her off on someone's doorstep with a note if she breaks my new tablet. lmao I can only hope mine will last to be a POS!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 02:24:36

At 12/4/10 09:42 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
Have any of you guys built a PC before?

You could check these guys if you haven't already.

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 02:36:00

For those of you who listen to my band, I decided to put up some of our songs here on Newgrounds: The Planet Pluto

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 04:21:59

At 12/5/10 03:28 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Awesome

its cool to see how simple the things are "tech wise" and they are brought to life with camra angles and lighting... very cool find... :D

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 05:07:00

Oh tablets, oh how I wish to have one, but I can never afford it. Good luck with the tablet.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 22:05:37

At 12/5/10 02:36 AM, Knocturne wrote: For those of you who listen to my band, I decided to put up some of our songs here on Newgrounds: The Planet Pluto

Is Muse one of your inspirations?

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 22:06:26

At 12/5/10 10:05 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
At 12/5/10 02:36 AM, Knocturne wrote: For those of you who listen to my band, I decided to put up some of our songs here on Newgrounds: The Planet Pluto
Is Muse one of your inspirations?

Yup, why do you ask?

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 22:09:23

Yup, why do you ask?

I watched one of your guys' videos, which was pretty damn good, and I felt that I could detect a little, Muse-iness. No problem with that though cause i really like Muse.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 22:13:35

At 12/5/10 10:09 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:

Yup, why do you ask?
I watched one of your guys' videos, which was pretty damn good, and I felt that I could detect a little, Muse-iness. No problem with that though cause i really like Muse.

Oh haha, I was afraid for a second that we sounded like a Muse imitator

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-05 22:22:17

Oh haha, I was afraid for a second that we sounded like a Muse imitator

Nah, you guys definitely have your own style. Space Pluto Rock.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 05:46:40

I have not been able to draw anything good lately >:o
what do guys do when you cant draw anything? listen to music?
maybe should practice with realism?
mostly of you guys seems to be more interested in that : o

why is that? why is the Anime/Manga not so appreciated here?

Please visit my: |TWITTER| |TUMBLR| |INSTAGRAM|

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 06:03:54

At 12/6/10 05:46 AM, Kosuk wrote: I have not been able to draw anything good lately >:o

Well, if you're going to delve into it I suppose you could find something or other that signals that anime and manga are perceived as not needing as much work into it as realism (which is a pile of crap, and perceptions go) and the high amount of trashy anime that's out there backs this up.

But mostly the people here just don't do that style.

Listening to music can really, really help. At the very least, can block out unwanted distractions, and at the most it can spur you on and inspire you.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 06:35:16

At 12/6/10 05:46 AM, Kosuk wrote:

Simple question needs simple answers. It;s merely because it's too common. Plus the thought of weeabos really ticks people off in my views.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 07:03:26

but isnt realism common as well? : o

i mean if its not realism its anime/manga or the western style cartoons (dunno the appropiate name of it)
well these 3 is what i see the most here in the Internet...

and about the music, yeh your right, well sometimes i take fresh air to think.
I think i am gonna dare to join the art-trade thread and it would be interesting to do some art listening the songs the artists usually listen to : D

Please visit my: |TWITTER| |TUMBLR| |INSTAGRAM|

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 07:04:00

At 12/6/10 05:46 AM, Kosuk wrote: I have not been able to draw anything good lately >:o

For me its a matter of personal affectation; but the fact that its done a lot by a lot of really shitty artists doesnt really help. But hey, Im not too big a fan of realism either.
What keeps me drawing is just trying lots of different things; so in your case that could be realims, or it could be something (western) cartoony, maybe some animals or a landscape, maybe something abstrahised....

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 07:08:51

At 12/6/10 05:46 AM, Kosuk wrote: what do guys do when you cant draw anything?

I just don't draw for the day because the outcome is usually bad when I try to force it.

At 12/6/10 06:03 AM, Lintire wrote:
Well, if you're going to delve into it I suppose ...

I'd have to semi-argue with the point you made about it taking less skill - because it was specifically designed to minimise effort, namely this is why most people do it and succeed to some extent. You can get away with so much in anime that it just becomes one huge shortcut. I'm not saying that there aren't good anime works but there are more details to put into making something look realistic than there are to making it look anime-esque.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 07:49:32

At 12/6/10 07:08 AM, Kuoke wrote:
At 12/6/10 05:46 AM, Kosuk wrote: what do guys do when you cant draw anything?
I just don't draw for the day because the outcome is usually bad when I try to force it.

At 12/6/10 06:03 AM, Lintire wrote:
Well, if you're going to delve into it I suppose ...
I'd have to semi-argue with the point you made about it taking less skill - because it was specifically designed to minimise effort, namely this is why most people do it and succeed to some extent. You can get away with so much in anime that it just becomes one huge shortcut. I'm not saying that there aren't good anime works but there are more details to put into making something look realistic than there are to making it look anime-esque.

I guess I've been looking at too many hugely indepth, well-done pieces in order to really put it at scale with that some people will just treat it as an easy style to do. But yes, I will agree that as a definite average, realistic pictures will take a lot more work to polish off then an anime piece.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 07:51:20

Birthday wishes for Fifty-50!
*throws confetti*

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 07:52:39

At 12/6/10 07:51 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Birthday wishes for Fifty-50!
*throws confetti*

Happy B`day Fifty!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 10:36:38

Thanks guys! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 10:51:47

Happy birthday, 50, well-wishes to you and your kin!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 10:58:17

Happy birthday 50-50!

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-06 11:20:16

At 12/6/10 10:36 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Thanks guys! :D

>.>... holy shit... it's your birthday?....
Well congrats man :D

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature