Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 13:31:01 Reply

At 11/21/10 01:26 PM, M-Vero wrote:
Which is basically what stickam is for, but not everyone goes to stickam

Am I the only one who still looks at the facebook group?

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 13:31:44 Reply

At 11/21/10 01:31 PM, Knocturne wrote:
At 11/21/10 01:26 PM, M-Vero wrote:
Which is basically what stickam is for, but not everyone goes to stickam
Am I the only one who still looks at the facebook group?

I didn't really see anybody using the facebook group, so, while I joined it, I didn't really post anything there.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 13:31:49 Reply

Probably

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 13:36:09 Reply

Eh... stickam is live video?

Self-conscious about my lisp.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 13:37:13 Reply

You don't have to talk, hell most of us don't go on camera, text is fine.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 13:38:13 Reply

At 11/21/10 01:36 PM, Knocturne wrote: Eh... stickam is live video?

Self-conscious about my lisp.

You don't have to broadcast video if you don't want to. Most people don't.
I don't think anybody will give a shit what you look like (though we know that, thanks to the pictures you posted while doing a piece for The Planet Pluto) or what you sound like or whatever, though.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 13:55:49 Reply

So; I posted this in the garden art thread and Ill post it here again (in somewhat different words).

What bugged me and still bugs me about the whole event is not that the rules where changed or that they were changed into what they are now; What bugs me is that they were changed without consulting anyone that was even remotely involved with the art forum. I find it offensive that poeple write my reaction to that down to "over-reacting" or "childishness". That said, what has been done has been done, and Im not grievous at all over the actual rule change.
I always try to welcome newcomers, hell, there was a time when I welcomed newcomers because I was sick of the elitist bunch of fags that some of you had been acting like. No hard feelings, and I think everyone is pretty okay now, but ashman probably knows what im talking about and so do others. When I first came here I felt like I was welcomed with open arms (who wouldnt welcome someone like me right?) but yeah there has been a period where I thorougly disliked a lot of the art forum regs. Frankly, hearing poeple say that the reaction was against the rule change reminds me of that period a lot.

All that aside, I think it would be a good idea if the rules discussion we had a few pages back would be taken account by nae, kraig, ben and rob and used in a discussion/conversation about new art forum rules..

as for the lounge:
I think there is a place for the lounge as general art forum talk; personally I dont care two bits about what everyone did during the weekend, unless they visited a museum or something. (I do care, just dont need to read it here). I think it still deserves a place as dump for thoughts/ideas that dont deserve a thread (yet).

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:05:40 Reply

Well, went and made a stickam account, it's so foreign I don't know what to do next http://www.stickam.com/knocturne <-- the account.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:14:17 Reply

At 11/21/10 02:05 PM, Knocturne wrote: Well, went and made a stickam account, it's so foreign I don't know what to do next http://www.stickam.com/knocturne <-- the account.

The latest room is generally posted in the Art Group Activities thread, check the last post. It should take you right to the Stickam room. Good luck!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:21:54 Reply

At 11/21/10 02:14 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
At 11/21/10 02:05 PM, Knocturne wrote: Well, went and made a stickam account, it's so foreign I don't know what to do next http://www.stickam.com/knocturne <-- the account.
The latest room is generally posted in the Art Group Activities thread, check the last post. It should take you right to the Stickam room. Good luck!

Muchos gracias

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:27:45 Reply

Ok, I can't get stickam to work on my computer to save my life, wtf?

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:30:07 Reply

At 11/21/10 02:27 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Ok, I can't get stickam to work on my computer to save my life, wtf?

Update Flash Player?
Idk, but good luck...
Sometimes it will be bitchy,, but when it does, bitchy for all of us.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:31:03 Reply

At 11/21/10 02:27 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Ok, I can't get stickam to work on my computer to save my life, wtf?

It might be your flash player or perhaps you could try using a different browser?

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:33:57 Reply

At 11/21/10 02:31 PM, J-qb wrote:
It might be your flash player or perhaps you could try using a different browser?

Well, I'm pretty sure that I have the latest Flash Player and i am using firefox.

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:35:44 Reply

Where the hell are those Sammiches? I'm starving!

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:39:19 Reply

At 11/21/10 01:00 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Elitism, New Users, the Lounge
I'd kind of like to get a feeler out there to know how hard it is to get involved and feel accepted in the lounge. I don't think there's anything that can be changed to make people feel more at ease posting here, but if there is I'm all ears.

Well I feel kinda awkward when I try to interact with anyone cause i feel like you have to constantly be in the stickam room to understand anything going on around here. Therefor, because I am not on stickam ever, i find myself in situations either where its awkward or people dont care what i'm saying cause they don't really know me well enough. And maybe thats just me too, cause i think too much, but thats what I get out of it.

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:41:20 Reply

SANDWICHES FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:43:06 Reply

At 11/21/10 02:33 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Well, I'm pretty sure that I have the latest Flash Player and i am using firefox.

try chrome then?
idk, but chrome has never failed me

well, once, but that was a looong time ago :/
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:51:01 Reply

At 11/21/10 02:39 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote:
Well I feel kinda awkward when I try to interact with anyone cause i feel like you have to constantly be in the stickam room to understand anything going on around here. Therefor, because I am not on stickam ever, i find myself in situations either where its awkward or people dont care what i'm saying cause they don't really know me well enough. And maybe thats just me too, cause i think too much, but thats what I get out of it.

Yeah, I don't often go in stickam personally so I miss out on a lot of the community interraction that happens there, I don't really get a lot of the in-jokes that originate there, etc.

I want the lounge to feel really inclusive, and that hard because it's intimidating to see a 300+ page thread where everyone knows everyone else and has been relating to one another for a long time. It's like walking into highschool and just sitting down with an established clique. It's not easy.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 14:57:03 Reply

so does anybody use the facebook group, because I am on there right now thinking about sending a request to join.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 15:21:22 Reply

At 11/21/10 02:51 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I want the lounge to feel really inclusive, and that hard because it's intimidating to see a 300+ page thread where everyone knows everyone else and has been relating to one another for a long time. It's like walking into highschool and just sitting down with an established clique. It's not easy.

Yeah I think in that sense it might be better to just get rid of the lounge and be less strict on topics of other threads.
I do frequent stickams, but I dont think that is where a lot of the inside jokes originate; I think a lot of them just happen here on the forum. But well, its hard to tell.

BBS Signature
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 16:00:41 Reply

So, after missing all this anARTchy thanks to sleep and having to piece together the whole of last night, I have to admit that I'm quite disappointed that we're at the mercy of some hot-tempered admin's knee-jerk reactions. I'd expect more reason and tact from staff.

and I thought Luis would be the candidate for hot-temperedness

With that disappointed note aside, I'm curious to see how it'll work out. It helps to filter the previously lounge-only art discussions into their own threads which means they aren't buried by the usual loungey chatter. We'll see

And on a post-rulechange note, I feel that the art forum is getting quite darned varied, and not in the good sense. Look at the first page and try discerning what all of the threads are about. Maybe a tagging system is in order...?

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 16:11:53 Reply

At 11/21/10 04:00 PM, Re2deemer wrote: And on a post-rulechange note, I feel that the art forum is getting quite darned varied, and not in the good sense. Look at the first page and try discerning what all of the threads are about. Maybe a tagging system is in order...?

Thats the afterbirth of the anarchy, itll pass.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 21:51:31 Reply

At 11/21/10 02:41 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: SANDWICHES FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!

OH hell yes!
ummm so delicious... a bit salty... did you add a secret ingredient?

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 22:02:08 Reply

well ive been doing alot of research in how to become a comic book developer/illustrator (which is my ultimate goal) and i think i know what i need to do.

-im going to start a portfolio of my art
-im going to hammer down on working with ink....now that i got kicked out of school i can really start working intensely.
-start getting back into comics
-and start going to conventions to get a idea of how things work.

i know im not the best artist, and never expect to be..but im giving this a go....
anyways does anyone have some artists i should try learning from or things i should look into?

Celestica

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 22:24:10 Reply

At 11/21/10 10:02 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: -im going to start a portfolio of my art

Schweet!

-im going to hammer down on working with ink....now that i got kicked out of school i can really start working intensely.

Uh-oh! What happened?!?

Schweet!

Cool?

i know im not the best artist, and never expect to be..but im giving this a go....

Hey, nobody's perfect! I like your art!

anyways does anyone have some artists i should try learning from or things i should look into?

DRAWING MORE VEXONS!!! :3

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 22:59:52 Reply

At 11/21/10 10:02 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: well ive been doing alot of research in how to become a comic book developer/illustrator (which is my ultimate goal) and i think i know what i need to do.

-im going to start a portfolio of my art

Good start.

Ok.

Awesome.

Trial, error, and patience.

Yep. Jhonen Vasquez, Ashley Wood, and Jamie Hewlett are ones that I can think off of the top of my head at the moment.

BBS Signature
Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 23:44:49 Reply

thank you for those. yeah jamie Hewlett has been one of my all time favorites for a while. i read tank girl as a kid and really loved gorillaz not even knowing he was behind both of them.
also mike mignola has been a big influence on me (seeing how such a unique formula of art can be made) i really wish i could get his shading style and writing down.

Celestica

BBS Signature
Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-21 23:51:18 Reply

At 11/21/10 10:59 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
Yep. Jhonen Vasquez, Ashley Wood, and Jamie Hewlett are ones that I can think off of the top of my head at the moment.

Dood Jhonen Vasquez is like my favorite. He influences my stuff a lot.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-22 00:04:06 Reply

My internet died. Did I miss anything?