00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,826 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 09:54:37

happy b-day mr. peglay!
even tho i dont know you...!

Please visit my: |TWITTER| |TUMBLR| |INSTAGRAM|

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 11:19:43

At 11/26/10 06:13 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: In other news, and I think quite exciting news (for me at least) - this message is beeing written on my own computer, In my own home, and posted with stolen internet from some of the neighbours. A whole freaking year without a computer has finally ended :D

Hooray, Lunds got a computer finally =D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 11:55:35

Oh MAN its peglays birthday! if only i had known earlier id have animated something for you brah... my internet has been cut off all day until now...

>Lunds: Yay comp and internet! Ya I have never really read juxtapoz mag but I have an awesome hardcover illustrated collection they released, awesome stuff, really inspiring. Im gonna have to look into the magazines too.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 15:04:32

happy birthday

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 18:17:41

Happy Birthday, Peglay! Keep on rolling, and trucking, and smoking, and working. I don't know.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 18:46:57

I was doing a drawing in photoshop and i saved it, now i cant find it D :
i worked so hard on it! and it wasnt the first time this happens, has someone had the same problem?

o

oh and Lintire, dont hate me if im wrong, is your signature pic from the anime panty and stockings?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 18:49:11

At 11/26/10 06:46 PM, Kosuk wrote: I was doing a drawing in photoshop and i saved it, now i cant find it D :
i worked so hard on it! and it wasnt the first time this happens, has someone had the same problem?
o
oh and Lintire, dont hate me if im wrong, is your signature pic from the anime panty and stockings?

It doesn't show up under File > Open Recent ?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 19:11:28

It doesn't show up under File > Open Recent ?

nope, theres no evidence of a drawing made D : theres no trace of it!
I have even searched for it in the search thingie...
thats why I usualy save things in 2 diferent places, but I HAD to think diferently that time...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 19:23:19

At 11/26/10 07:11 PM, Kosuk wrote: nope, theres no evidence of a drawing made D : theres no trace of it!
I have even searched for it in the search thingie...
thats why I usualy save things in 2 diferent places, but I HAD to think diferently that time...

Try search by date and file type. Check through every file created / modified in the time period you last worked on it. And then sort by file type looking through your .psd files. Maybe you named it something else accidentally.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-26 19:26:22

At 11/26/10 06:46 PM, Kosuk wrote: I was doing a drawing in photoshop and i saved it, now i cant find it D :

I hate it when that happens. I tend to start a new project, then "save as" and see what folder it is in automatically, that might be where you saved your last project.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 02:16:12

At 11/26/10 06:46 PM, Kosuk wrote: oh and Lintire, dont hate me if im wrong, is your signature pic from the anime panty and stockings?

I think you have a point there. Is it?

anime sigs are spreading.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 03:16:43

Hey guys, look how much I have improved! Or look at my art thread and click the last page

Art Forum Lounge

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 07:57:32

At 11/26/10 06:46 PM, Kosuk wrote: oh and Lintire, dont hate me if im wrong, is your signature pic from the anime panty and stockings?

I literally just asked for a "generic anime girl" in my sig over at the Sig Request thread. I've no idea what anime that is, but it sounds pretty lulzly.

Also 4k posts I'm such a statwhore CONTINUEING

It's school holidays for me, now. I should really be drawing right now instead of blasting necromorphs.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 08:14:08

If it would have another name and is in a place i usualy dont look is where my sis saves her drawings...
but I am not allowed to look, so I will have to ask her to look for it.

I literally just asked for a "generic anime girl" in my sig over at the Sig Request thread. I've no idea what anime that is, but it sounds pretty lulzly.

It looks like it, mostly because it says sex in it so i would guess it is panty, haha x D

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 08:54:10

Oh yeah, guys have you guys heard or read about the drawing program IllustStudio?
It looks awesome and it is from the same creators of Manga Studio/ Comic Studio
but they havent made any english version of it yet.

I found 2 vid in youtube of the program, but its in japanese haha!

IllustStudio Vid part 1
IllustStudio Vid part 2

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 09:02:15

At 11/27/10 08:54 AM, Kosuk wrote: Oh yeah, guys have you guys heard or read about the drawing program IllustStudio?
It looks awesome and it is from the same creators of Manga Studio/ Comic Studio
but they havent made any english version of it yet.

I found 2 vid in youtube of the program, but its in japanese haha!

IllustStudio Vid part 1
IllustStudio Vid part 2

That looks very decent; almost appears to be some combination between vector and pixel. Too bad its only japanese...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 09:10:39

At 11/27/10 08:54 AM, Kosuk wrote: Oh yeah, guys have you guys heard or read about the drawing program IllustStudio?

i kinda like the idea of having the 3d model as a base to work from... it makes sure you get your proportions right as well as not making it to monged up... *like i tend to do*... fantastic find... however it does seem a tad complexed for people like myself (aka casual artists) and will most likely be for them peoples who work in the bussiness or do it a hell of alot... nice find kosuk :D

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 09:21:59

At 11/26/10 11:51 PM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: took your advice.
went to borders.....got zomnibus which is the complete zombies vs robots plus a whole other comic before that. and it was only five more dollars and the same quality. i guess you must be retarted to get the other one =p.
but yeah ashley wood rocks the fuck out of this style. its like 30 days of night almost.
anyways yeah its fucking cool

Ashley Wood is epic.

I'm pretty sure she was the one who did the cutscene art in Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and PeaceWalker. I liked her work on both of those games. It has a nice touch to it that I rarely see in other artists.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 09:42:28

At 11/27/10 09:10 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
i kinda like the idea of having the 3d model as a base to work from... it makes sure you get your proportions right as well as not making it to monged up... *like i tend to do*... fantastic find... however it does seem a tad complexed for people like myself (aka casual artists) and will most likely be for them peoples who work in the bussiness or do it a hell of alot... nice find kosuk :D

thanks Lego!
yeh the 3D looks awesome but i am more interested in how much you can fix the lines!
I understand what you mean by the complex thing, but its more like a thing that exist if you need it.
better to have it, then not.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 09:58:22

Here's something im working on.
i could use some thoughts on the car, i wanne add more mechanic things too it, but it has to be close to reality. i dont wanne make it a space ship.
also im not sure bout the wheels?
will color this as soon as im ok with the lines :D

Art Forum Lounge

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-27 15:44:22

It has been raining snow for five days straight. Literally, up to today I didn't notice any pauses in snowfall (even though it got reduced to a drizzle at times). Now it stopped raining fora few hours only to continue at full strenght.

I'm currently somewhere between "FUCK YEAH!" and "Oh my god, all that plowing I have to do!"

pic related

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-28 06:34:26

I just realised the world is melting and that everything has no meaning and is worthless and that many people don't understand how animal like, weak and pathetic humans are.

pic related

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-28 06:37:04

At 11/28/10 06:34 AM, CloudEater wrote: I just realised the world is melting and that everything has no meaning and is worthless and that many people don't understand how animal like, weak and pathetic humans are.
pic related

who gave you that insight?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-28 06:54:17

At 11/28/10 06:37 AM, J-qb wrote: who gave you that insight?

Several things have including a few animated movies, certain songs/bands, stuff and just my thoughts over the past while.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-28 08:18:56

So I have somewhat of a serious question..
I've improved over the past year somewhat but not as much as other people.
I know I shouldn't compare myself but I just feel like I'm moving slowly.
Is it a matter of just practicing more and trying different things? I'm tired of being mediocre.
What does one do in this situation?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-28 08:29:43

At 11/28/10 08:18 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: What does one do in this situation?

Draw.

no, but really, I've been trough that, it's awful to feel you're not improving even after spending a lot of work and time into drawing.
Best tip I can give you is draw much, but draw for fun. I find it I improve the most when I don't worry about improving.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-28 08:45:31

At 11/28/10 08:18 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: So I have somewhat of a serious question..

The amount of practice definitely plays a big part. Your art thread is more than 2 years old and is only 7 pages long/big/whatever... Fifty's is just over a year old yet is more than double the size of yours. What you practice also help. You can't just keep practicing the same thing, you have to try new things to improve.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-28 09:09:05

At 11/28/10 08:45 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 11/28/10 08:18 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: So I have somewhat of a serious question..
The amount of practice definitely plays a big part. Your art thread is more than 2 years old and is only 7 pages long/big/whatever... Fifty's is just over a year old yet is more than double the size of yours. What you practice also help. You can't just keep practicing the same thing, you have to try new things to improve.

I know I should start diversifying, I'm just stubborn cause when I try new things and they don't look like I want, i just get pissed off and hate my art, even though that doesn't make sense.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-28 10:36:01

At 11/28/10 09:09 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote: I know I should start diversifying, I'm just stubborn cause when I try new things and they don't look like I want, i just get pissed off and hate my art, even though that doesn't make sense.

You don't have to do something completely different and new, just small changes should be good. Look at other artists work and try and find things about their art that you like and try and incorporate them into your art. If you don't seek inspiration/references/influences/whatev er then you'll just be guessing trying random things and I'm guessing you'll just be more frustrated/not like what turns out as often and it will then end up taking longer to improve.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-11-28 13:45:35

I think what helped me improve as much as I have done (this is the current title-holder of most-improved artist speaking) isnt as much the amount of practice (cause I cant say im a terribly productive artist) but the fact that I have always tried to do different things. Even, or perhaps especially things that seemed beyond my grasp. All too often you will find that you didnt manage to acheive what you were intending, but thats okay, because you learned a lot in the process. Another thing I have always done is treat every drawing as a serious piece of art. Give it your full effort, dont just label it "practice" and make it easy on yourself.
Hope it helps.

BBS Signature