00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,644 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-16 20:20:49

At 9/16/10 07:48 PM, M-Vero wrote: Gamers, this is specifically aimed towards you.
this is a long ass story about some being driven to crippling madness, because of a majora's mask rom.
The theme is kinda dumb, but it is really entertaining and well thought out.
Don't be turned away by the tiny scrollbar, it's only actually about 2/5 of the page, just wait till you have about an hour to kill, and read this.
should you feel so inclined to follow the youtube links, do not download anything from the links.

Yeah, i've seen that before... Pretty well done, until you actually think about a guy freaking out over a video game so much.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-16 21:01:52

At 9/16/10 08:17 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Now here is something also about video games to lighten the mood.
It's a japanese fellow, possibly drunk, narrating while he plays Mario Bros (for gameboy). It's fucking hilarious.

That is lol, he's not japanese though.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-17 16:07:13

Foldy, foldy.

Gumby's musical take on my "How to make a ninja star" youtube tutorial.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-17 17:02:48

At 9/17/10 04:07 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Foldy, foldy.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 63130

Hahah, its actually a little catchy.
Okay, I'm not a big halo fan but Reach...
Holy shit, its fuckin awesome.

look at my pictures

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-17 20:03:57

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 63130

That's actually a pretty good song. It's the sort of song you'd go on a murderous rampage on, all livery and "elevator music"-esque. I actually like the song, although the echo in the mike sort of ruins the effect, for the most part.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-17 21:16:42

I figured that pasting this here is much better then making a thread about it (fits in pretty well here anyway) but to ask a question of the art forum, I've been facing a bit of a dilemma.

I use both NG and deviantArt, and am fairly active on both, but as of now I'm actually more active on the deviantArt community then the NG art community. The main reason for this is that dA actually contains more stats based around the holy principle of arting then NG, and I am an uncontrollable stat whore.

So as a side effect, all my review efforts (which, admittingly, usually just contain two or so paragraphs of reflection and observation), commenting and downright posting are all heading over in dA's direction. And why? Because of those damned pageviews - and it's horrible, because 3 pieces submitted here get more hits then my entire dA portfolio. Which isn't much, I have to say.

So yeah, I'm seemingly defecting to dA and it isn't a nice feeling, so I have to say - in the name of art, how do you piss off from another site to stick to one you've stayed on before, in the name of less stats but more fun? I mean, but sites have their merits but for the most part it's simply the more visible stats that keep me there - which is why I've pretty much placed a 50-yard restraining order on myself and most serious RPGs.

I'm sure most of us have faced commitment issues at one time or another, and this is pretty petty as far as commitment goes, but I don't want want to defect to devaintArt because of a fancy pageview graph thingy >.>

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-17 22:52:18

How about stick with NG because you'll actually get feedback on your work and it's not a bunch of circle-jerkers.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-17 22:57:41

At 9/17/10 10:52 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: How about stick with NG because you'll actually get feedback on your work and it's not a bunch of circle-jerkers.

If you want people to say "OMG SO KAWAII FAV'D"
Go to deviantart. Stick at Ng because you'-- fuck it i quoted him anyway.

look at my pictures

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-17 23:25:13

Well, then it's decided - I'll stick to reviewing art on the Newgrounds, and to hell with the pageviews on dA - my Art Thread has almost hits anyway (see: 1500 or so to 2000, one start 6 months ago, the other 3 years).

I'll still dump my work there, though.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-17 23:31:28

@Lintire

I say go where you feel that you'll get the support you need to improve the most. I hate to join on the bandwagon dissing dA but the truth, imo, is that; yeah, feedback pretty much sucks there. NG isn't the best place for crit in the world, but it's loads better than dA. If the page view counter helps you improve more than some honest, sometimes brutal, feedback does, then by all means; jump ship to dA, but if you're like most artists; constructive criticism, while sometimes difficult to take, is better than page views and "AWESOME! POST SOME MOAR PLZ!!"

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 00:08:37

DA is just impossible to get noticed, by the time youve posted something its been swept off the newest page by tides of crap, your lucky if you get 10 views per pic, i think most of them just stick every word in the dictionary into the keywords for that pic, then dump em into like 20 groups, but yeah here, easier to get seen, noticed and improve, plus the mods are much better, not busy running after millions of other random users, or banning shadman

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 02:28:15

The pageviews don't help me squat in a picture - it's just that, like the insufferable stat whore I am, to me they represent a stat, and they tend to jump whenever you post a review, so you put two and two together and it's not too long before you realize that you've put an entirely pitiful amount of reviews into one site and 5-10 a day on the other. That damned graph is very tempting to expand on through review posting. And you know that you're reviews are rare when the artists actually thank you for your words and continually note how little people actually post anything other then three or four words.

I prefer honest, brutal feedback anyday, just my inner stawhoreness acting up. NG will always be the better site, but really does need to display the art stats a bit more freely.
*shrugs*
I've made my choice, I'll be sticking all my reviews here, with the more active and community-involved mods, the harsher selection process for the art portal in the first place, and the bunch of uncensored dickgirls.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 02:34:38

This is fucking awesome! Good job Gumby :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 03:11:55

Hi. I were just wondering, that is anyone interested in my art?
I usually do pen/pencil drawings or some crappy computer art.
Sample of my work:

Art Forum Lounge

If my favourite things would be combined, It would be green apple games, with great art and music. In speaking of wich... going to candy apple land, brb :D

I has art too :3

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 03:25:20

At 9/18/10 03:11 AM, MangaFriend wrote: Hi. I were just wondering, that is anyone interested in my art?
I usually do pen/pencil drawings or some crappy computer art.
Sample of my work:

Personally, no, not at all.
It's bland anime done extremely bad.
If you want to showcase your art, make a personal art thread. You've already been told this.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 04:04:49

At 9/18/10 02:34 AM, CloudEater wrote:
This is fucking awesome! Good job Gumby :D

Thanks!
Also thank you jonny, for posting the link!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 07:18:30

At 9/18/10 02:28 AM, Lintire wrote: That damned graph is very tempting to expand on through review posting. And you know that you're reviews are rare when the artists actually thank you for your words and continually note how little people actually post anything other then three or four words.

Why dont you just look at the views on your art every day/2day/week and make yourself your own graph? Quadruple the work, 1,35 times the fun!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 07:36:41

I tried DeviantART. Once I saw that nobody gives any kind of real comments (everybody just fucking loves everybody else's work) and that your work stays on the first page for about 15 seconds, I said "fuck this."

Linty, it may be biased since we're Newgrounders saying this, but I think you're better off here. Stats are just numbers, after all. You'll end up with nothing really solid out of DA. Hell, I don't even think people who get huge on DA end up with anything solid other than a smug feeling because of the sheer number of compliments they receive with no real criticism.

God, I'm just saying what everybody else has said. I still want to join in on keeping Lintire here, though!

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 11:11:56

At 9/18/10 04:04 AM, Havegum wrote: Also thank you jonny, for posting the link!

Congrats on being able to post again.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 11:55:51

At 9/18/10 07:18 AM, J-qb wrote: Why dont you just look at the views on your art every day/2day/week and make yourself your own graph? Quadruple the work, 1,35 times the fun!

I'm using NG Logs for my stats - they really do all the work, and I've even got a fancy graph, so it's 1,337 times the fun (it gives me a rate of change on b/p between days, the ultimate stat whoring tool) and really about 0.5 times the work. NG is just a better site to get noticed on, I suppose.

At 9/18/10 07:36 AM, Luxembourg wrote: I tried DeviantART. Once I saw that nobody gives any kind of real comments (everybody just fucking loves everybody else's work) and that your work stays on the first page for about 15 seconds, I said "fuck this."

Linty, it may be biased since we're Newgrounders saying this, but I think you're better off here. Stats are just numbers, after all. You'll end up with nothing really solid out of DA. Hell, I don't even think people who get huge on DA end up with anything solid other than a smug feeling because of the sheer number of compliments they receive with no real criticism.

God, I'm just saying what everybody else has said. I still want to join in on keeping Lintire here, though!

Yeah, I'm going to agree wholeheartedly with you there. Stat whoring on NG really does produce viable results - it's not just for bragging rights, the more you vote the better your vote is worth - and the better you get to influence a flash, audio or piece of art. You vote is worth more because you've spent more time voting, and it's that type of stat whoring that works - I enjoy seeing my vote being worth more, and I enjoy rating.

Your reward for people visiting you on dA is that people have visited you on dA. n = n. Whoop de do dah day, humbug-style. It really is a useless thing, and the fact that it's not decent and well-drawn art that gets the pageviews, but commenting a sheer amount of times and placing quantity over quality - it's that sort of thing that really does encourage shovelware.

Besides, I'd never leave you guys - you're all too important, Lux, I wouldn't defect for a graph. It was just where I was going to concentrate my efforts, and that has now pretty much been well and truly decided as NG.

At 9/18/10 11:11 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/18/10 04:04 AM, Havegum wrote: Also thank you jonny, for posting the link!
Congrats on being able to post again.

Congratulations on re-noticing his un-ban before I did, although he actually told everyone on stickam. What's it like, Gumby, I haven't been banned for so long.

As for this next bit, only a few people will actually get this: guys, I've been banned of both Runescape and Adventure Quest Worlds for trolling. I'm now on to Quake Live, but only to play the game, because, well, you can never really troll FPS players because they're so damn used to it.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 12:16:06

At 9/18/10 11:55 AM, Lintire wrote: As for this next bit, only a few people will actually get this: guys, I've been banned of both Runescape and Adventure Quest Worlds for trolling. I'm now on to Quake Live, but only to play the game, because, well, you can never really troll FPS players because they're so damn used to it.

Oh Runescape. I used to play that game..... then I turned 15.
The only trolling you can do on FPS is mic spam and racism, but then you usually get server kicked.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 15:59:36

Is this the right place to ask about the art portal?

I just submitted an entry, but I can't edit my description. Is there a waiting time for when you can edit or am I doing something wrong?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-18 16:02:36

At 9/18/10 03:59 PM, Izzy-A wrote: Is this the right place to ask about the art portal?

I just submitted an entry, but I can't edit my description. Is there a waiting time for when you can edit or am I doing something wrong?

I have had the same problem; its apparently something they are working on, but dont know how to fix yet.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-19 14:53:21

ARRRRRRRRR!
Today be talk like a pirate day.
If ye be posting in the lounge, ye best be talking like a pirate, else ye walk the plank and be sent to Davey Jones locker!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-19 17:05:26

At 9/19/10 02:53 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: ARRRRRRRRR!
Today be talk like a pirate day.
If ye be posting in the lounge, ye best be talking like a pirate, else ye walk the plank and be sent to Davey Jones locker!

Yar! Have any of me fellow mates ever heard the- oh, fuck it. I tried at least. Anyway, cool story bout pacman.
dot dot dot...

look at my pictures

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-19 17:07:43

I gots a question mateys!
I been doin' some drawin's on a big notepad, and i don't know how t' properly transfer it here cause me scanners too small and me camera be a phone, which is lame.
Will Kinkos scan a bigger picture (14x17) and be it expensive?
Who has experience with this?

(Happy talk like a pirate day)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-20 11:21:54

At 9/19/10 05:07 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: I gots a question mateys!
I been doin' some drawin's on a big notepad, and i don't know how t' properly transfer it here cause me scanners too small and me camera be a phone, which is lame.

My best advice is get a better camera.
And then listen to this tutorial when you do.

In other news I came across this guy recently, Barnaby Whitfield, and must say I am sufficiently uncomfortable.
(If you weren't bothered by clowns before, oh you will be)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-20 11:49:17

At 9/20/10 11:21 AM, ornery wrote: In other news I came across this guy recently, Barnaby Whitfield, and must say I am sufficiently uncomfortable.

Why was the first thing I thought when I saw the background image "Ronald McDonald died for your sins"?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-20 19:14:10

At 9/20/10 11:49 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Why was the first thing I thought when I saw the background image "Ronald McDonald died for your sins"?

Because he did, Jonny. Because he did.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-09-20 21:29:59

At 9/20/10 11:21 AM, ornery wrote: In other news I came across this guy recently, Barnaby Whitfield, and must say I am sufficiently uncomfortable.

Wow, he really did a great job at making everything in that picture incredibly weird - it's funny, because the drapes match the carpet and whatnot. But overall, a very well done and creepy picture that's just sitting there on the front page.

Did he get fries with that?