00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boayne98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,708 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 22:08:28

Nevermind about the game thing, a lot of crap was required to download (I just deleted it all) and it ran like shit on my computer.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 22:33:49

random webcomics from dueling analogs for you all, i found some quite funny but thats for you to judge, just thought id share them for some reason

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 23:04:04

At 5/7/10 06:26 PM, Occluded wrote: Don't be dicks. You ever hear that song 'Battle of Who Could Care Less' by Ben Folds Five? That's my impression of these statements. Aloof, facetious, and ultimately dumb. The shitty thing is that what I just said probably won't make you reconsider being dicks. It will probably only cement an unintelligible prejudice.

please explain how believing downey is boring and scarlett is talented makes me a dick

here's my impression of your statements:

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 23:09:21

At 5/7/10 11:04 PM, tmkunt wrote:
At 5/7/10 06:26 PM, Occluded wrote: Don't be dicks. You ever hear that song 'Battle of Who Could Care Less' by Ben Folds Five? That's my impression of these statements. Aloof, facetious, and ultimately dumb. The shitty thing is that what I just said probably won't make you reconsider being dicks. It will probably only cement an unintelligible prejudice.
please explain how believing downey is boring and scarlett is talented makes me a dick

here's my impression of your statements:

TheWorsely came across as a dick, but I have to agree with Tm here, he didn't say anything that was mean-spirited at all. He just agreed with an opinion. Though I do agree with most other things that Occluded has said.

The use of the picture was a tad silly and unnecessary, though.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 23:27:11

At 5/7/10 11:09 PM, Luxembourg wrote: The use of the picture was a tad silly and unnecessary, though.

sure, but was it as unnecessary as a four paragraph text wall critiquing an opinion?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 23:36:06

At 5/7/10 11:27 PM, tmkunt wrote:
At 5/7/10 11:09 PM, Luxembourg wrote: The use of the picture was a tad silly and unnecessary, though.
sure, but was it as unnecessary as a four paragraph text wall critiquing an opinion?

Drop it. I don't want to argue about you putting an image in your post. In fact, this whole argument about Iron Man is pretty idiotic to begin with, and I regret having started it in the first place by questioning Worsley's opinion. This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread or this forum in general.
I suggest we stop.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 23:40:27

i'm wasn't trying to argue with you luxemborg I was just trying and apparently failing to make a friendly jab at occluded

if jabs such as this are besmirching the integrity of the Art Forum Lounge i will cease making them :)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-07 23:42:58

At 5/7/10 11:40 PM, tmkunt wrote: i'm wasn't trying to argue with you luxemborg I was just trying and apparently failing to make a friendly jab at occluded

if jabs such as this are besmirching the integrity of the Art Forum Lounge i will cease making them :)

I don't know if you were failing. It's late. I'm probably just being an idiot.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:03:01

At 5/7/10 11:40 PM, tmkunt wrote: i'm wasn't trying to argue with you luxemborg I was just trying and apparently failing to make a friendly jab at occluded

I love friendly jabs =D

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:16:19

At 5/8/10 01:03 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
I love friendly jabs =D

Hahahaha

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:18:37

hey kinsei i found this for you

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:21:36

At 5/8/10 01:18 AM, Ashman wrote: hey kinsei i found this for you

That is hilarious

although it didnt include nascar, lol

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:24:10

That was awesome, Although I think the FPS should have had some on coming out of the daughters room. it would have completely made the piece

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:25:25

At 5/8/10 01:24 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
That was awesome, Although I think the FPS should have had some on coming out of the daughters room. it would have completely made the piece

Definitely, lol

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:26:19

At 5/8/10 01:24 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:

look through the site and find the five or six rejected mega man villains comics, theyre the best

also heres some more webcomics to math dueling analogs i posted earlier, read all of these ones, theres not many, and i guarantee you will lol at the pokemon ones

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:38:37

At 5/7/10 10:33 PM, Ashman wrote: random webcomics from dueling analogs for you all, i found some quite funny but thats for you to judge, just thought id share them for some reason

Awesome sauce.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:43:37

Well, since I mentioned something about nascar, I guess I should say that Dover is next week, so if im caught posting from friday to monday it would be from my droid. I plan on taking alot of pictures this year, including going out and around the track at night and looking for some cool night shots, and hopefully, bring you some pics of the race like this, and other interesting pics

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:45:31

At 5/8/10 01:26 AM, Ashman wrote: look through the site and find the five or six rejected mega man villains comics, theyre the best

also heres some more webcomics to math dueling analogs i posted earlier, read all of these ones, theres not many, and i guarantee you will lol at the pokemon ones

Well I'll be back later, got comics to read :P

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 01:52:25

Here's a good comic I stumbled upon. It's pretty much Pokemon as how it REALLY is.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 02:02:02

At 5/8/10 01:52 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Here's a good comic I stumbled upon. It's pretty much Pokemon as how it REALLY is.

the last one was short, hope this one s longer...
btw Did Jeeshwa flip or did I miss something?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 02:41:30

At 5/7/10 11:04 PM, tmkunt wrote: please explain how believing downey is boring and scarlett is talented makes me a dick

Ok. Maybe you're not a dick. You're a damn good artist, and seem a decent enough fellow. Maybe I misread what you were saying. Maybe all you meant was that you find Downey Jr boring, and Scarlet talented. And if that's all you meant I sincerely apologize. I shouldn't have called you a dick. I'd still disagree, but that doesn't make you a dick.

But I thought (and at least concede this is a reasonable assumption) that you were saying Worsley's assessment was reasonable. It wasn't. He was being a dick. In which case everything I said definitely applies.

Sorry, if I derailed the vital flow of the chi in here. ;)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 02:55:27

Yeah, I'm reposting this. What of it?

Check this out. This girl did something really good, a step forward for her. And I think if you left a review it would do her a lot of good. I don't know her or anything I just think it should be an imperative part of this forum to support up and coming artists. NSFW

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 03:29:07

At 5/8/10 02:55 AM, Occluded wrote: Yeah, I'm reposting this. What of it?

I'll tell you what of it. It got front-paged, that's what.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 03:33:59

At 5/8/10 02:55 AM, Occluded wrote: Yeah, I'm reposting this. What of it?

It's a pretty interesting piece, and I voted on it last time you posted it, but it really isn't appealing to me or even remotely my style. I can leave a review on it, sure, but the best I can focus on is probably the technical aspect. If the piece just doesn't do anything for me, then I have a hard time giving a review that the artist will feel like I wanted to do. And no offense, but I'm not going to do something that is forced like that, it just doesn't seem right to me.

Lets also not forget the piece has 7 reviews; lowest rating being a 8, 127 votes; yielding a 3.18 score, and 6995 views. My highest viewed piece has just a tad bit over 3000 views, and my highest score is is a 4.51 from 79 votes. So don't get me wrong if I'm feeling like she gets enough exposure. All and all I figure she seems to be a decent artist, but but I don't know why you are suddenly pulling all this for her. She has an '09 account, 8 pieces of art. 0 BBS post, a hand full of favorites, 4 reviews and no other types of submissions. If she wants exposure, I feel she needs to get her self more involved with the community, just like the rest of us.

But seriously, why this sudden interest in this one user? Their are plenty of other good unknowns out there that could use the attention, so why her?

please don't take any of this the wrong way, but I I need to ask.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 04:07:11

Frontpage, shit that just happened today. I totally didn't notice. Obviously. I feel dumb. Nevermind.

At 5/8/10 03:33 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: And no offense, but I'm not going to do something that is forced like that, it just doesn't seem right to me.

No one was forcing. I was asking. I must come off much stronger than I intend.

But seriously, why this sudden interest in this one user? Their are plenty of other good unknowns out there that could use the attention, so why her?

please don't take any of this the wrong way, but I I need to ask.

No, that's a completely fair question. I saw this piece a while ago. Maybe 2 weeks. When I saw it I was the only the forth reviewer. She wrote me back and seemed to earnestly appreciate the feedback. And I thought well fuck it, I'll be an advocate. It was nothing more than I thought she was too good to get so little attention. I think, and I'm only guessing, she doesn't participate in the forums, cause she's 16 and from Finland. Sometimes the language barrier... yada yada. I'll PM her. Invite her to participate in the MiniBoss Collab I got going.

If you have someone who you feel is not getting enough attention I think you should bring them up here. Or in the anime thread if that's their style. I think it'd be good way to build the community.

Maybe my advocacy is redundant. This girl will be (if she isn't already) better than I am. And she will not need an advocate.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 04:22:13

I got nothing against people giving the word of mouth about one another, and I admit people should get the credit when it's due. I
Tell her to start getting herself out there. Onecannot just post your pictures, do nothing and expect everything in return.
Also I can see why that particular piece has only a few reviews. Quite frankly, pieces like that tend to put people off. They may be good, interesting and skillfully done, but people sometimes feel uncomfortable around something like that. Content like that typically only appeals to a smaller group of people, and those are the ones who are more likely to review.

Anyway
So yeah I'd tell her to come around, were obviously pretty patient with people from around the world and different languages. Lets take a look at a few of our regs already. we got Gumby, who is from Norway; he seems to do alright with the English even if he does look 12, then we got Ashman; you know those brits, can't understand a damn thing, next is jonny; we never have a clue what he is talking aboot, And me; I'm a redneck fro crying out loud, the concept of me even using a computer should be enough to buckle the time space continuum. But we all manage some how...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 04:25:05

At 5/8/10 04:07 AM, Occluded wrote: No one was forcing. I was asking. I must come off much stronger than I intend.

for got to mention this.
but I didn't mean you were forcing me to do it, I meant that I wasn't going to force myself.
I feel that a good review needs to come naturally. Something where you can talk about a piece and its content. And for that a piece must appeal to me first.
sorry if that was confusing

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 12:51:49

At 5/8/10 04:22 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: next is jonny; we never have a clue what he is talking aboot

That's cause I'm always rambling about I have no fucking clue what.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 13:07:26

At 5/8/10 02:02 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/8/10 01:52 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Here's a good comic I stumbled upon. It's pretty much Pokemon as how it REALLY is.
the last one was short, hope this one s longer...
btw Did Jeeshwa flip or did I miss something?

oh noes not jeeshwah, i liked that guy
just like i liked fijeta and he left too
hmm whats the common factor here

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-05-08 14:53:35

Hulu has truly honored a classic
StarShip Troopers

BBS Signature