00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,890 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-02 14:38:28

At 4/1/10 06:48 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: This is most likely the worst time to bring this up with the chat filter and all, but it's something a guy like myself would probably for get to bring up later.

I don't really see how you can say one is derivative of another. It seems to me they are both derivative of an archetype. I think the whole argument is fallacious.

Barbarian from Diablo 2

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-02 14:43:56

Guys it's not art theft, it's hardly even concept theft, they are muscular bald guys with body paint.
This guys bald and has facepaint, I call theft of Kratos' design

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-02 15:45:23

At 4/2/10 02:38 PM, Occluded wrote:
At 4/1/10 06:48 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: This is most likely the worst time to bring this up with the chat filter and all, but it's something a guy like myself would probably for get to bring up later.
I don't really see how you can say one is derivative of another. It seems to me they are both derivative of an archetype. I think the whole argument is fallacious.

Barbarian from Diablo 2

this adds a 3rd contender the the mix, very nice.
Although they are from an archetype as you put it, there are still some similarities to the design that beg to be questioned.
it makes you wonder how far some designers will go before getting caught, if they ever do

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-02 17:06:43

Art blogs

Half-continuing the theme of tutorials...I stumbled upon this blog yesterday (http://theartcenter.blogspot.com/) and discovered that to my great suprise I am not subscribed to any art blogs (with the exception of one design blog).

So, does anybody have any favourite art blogs to share? I'm most interested in those that offer tips/ideas how to develop your skills.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-02 17:10:24

At 4/2/10 05:06 PM, Re2deemer wrote: Half-continuing the theme of tutorials...I stumbled upon this blog yesterday (http://theartcenter.blogspot.com/)

Is it strange that I could recognize the movie and characters that all those hands belonged to?

It's a little ways down the page

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-02 19:47:44

At 4/2/10 05:06 PM, Re2deemer wrote:

So, does anybody have any favourite art blogs to share?

C.H. Greenblat's nerd armada blog.
nerdarmada.blogspot.com

I was too lazy to link to the website.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-02 20:23:26

This is mostly for Angry, but for anyone who argues macs or better.
You don't have onestop
/argument

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-04 08:58:21

Hey, wouldn't this be a nice thing for the art forum?:

If you create a new topic in the art forum, you can't post it unless you've included a picture. So if you click post, and you haven't included a pic yet, it says something like: Include a piece of art first.
This way there won't be any threads anymore that need to be locked because of not including a piece of art.

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio

Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-04 09:07:56

At 4/4/10 08:58 AM, TieSeiT wrote: Hey, wouldn't this be a nice thing for the art forum?:
If you create a new topic in the art forum, you can't post it unless you've included a picture. So if you click post, and you haven't included a pic yet, it says something like: Include a piece of art first.
This way there won't be any threads anymore that need to be locked because of not including a piece of art.

genious, dear watson
why didnt anyone else think of that >.>

whats this crap error about quoted text i am getting? too much quotes? well screw you error!
i cant even use the : damnit! well fine then
*glares viciously at error* just fine!
O.o what?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-04 14:12:36

A happy Easter to everyone, whether or not you celebrate it.
Once I'm done with entertaining the family, I'll give you guys a rundown of the meal we made.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-04 14:18:36

At 4/4/10 02:12 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: A happy Easter to everyone, whether or not you celebrate it.

today i have myself 3 easter eggs... and im 21... they are most likey going to last me a LOOOOOOONG time seen as hardly eat them at the rate most people do... (that been eating them in one day)... iv just helped pre-pair what we are having.... some sort of sweet and sour source with something or other... i just cut stuff up... i helped... :D

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-04 14:52:46

At 4/4/10 02:18 PM, LegolaSS wrote: today i have myself 3 easter eggs... and im 21... they are most likey going to last me a LOOOOOOONG

1 easter egg, 2 bars of chocolate, theyre already gone :P

yes i ate the egg early

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-04 14:55:31

okay, I'm home ... finally ....

I was seriously about to go crazy out there without any internet!

But it's all good now ...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-04 16:27:58

Okay, here's what we cooked today for Easter lunch.
A leg of lamb, coated in a mixture of butter, rosemary and garlic.
Brasciola, an Italian dish. It's flank steak coated in provolone cheese, as well as a mixture of butter, basil, olive oil and then rolled up. Pan fried till brown and then cooked in the oven under a large amount of tomato sauce.
Asparagus lightly steamed in an olive oil dressing.
Roasted red peppers with garlic and olive oil.
Assorted cold cuts and bread.
A simple salad with cucumbers and tomatoes in a light dressing containing dijon mustard.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-04 16:51:47

At 4/2/10 08:23 PM, M-Vero wrote: This is mostly for Angry, but for anyone who argues macs or better.
You don't have onestop
/argument

I use EasyBeat. Isn't this an argument for the music forum?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-04 18:29:18

That onestop thing made my day :D I though microsoft gave up on easter eggs?

flourish.mid sounds like something out of mario kart.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 11:06:34

Wooo... I've been really, REALLY out for quite a long time here...
What I've been missing?
And what's the deal with Kevin Bacon?

Yeah I know it's stupid, but...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 11:52:34

At 4/6/10 11:06 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: Wooo... I've been really, REALLY out for quite a long time here...
What I've been missing?

Mreh, a bit of stuff here, a bit of stuff there, an art contest and a couple of collabs.

And what's the deal with Kevin Bacon?
Yeah I know it's stupid, but...

That was the April Fool's prank on Newgrounds.

Anyways, I watched Aliens last night. By god, that's a fucking epic movie.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 12:07:43

At 4/6/10 11:52 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Anyways, I watched Aliens last night. By god, that's a fucking epic movie.

Mind linking a trailer or a cover something like that?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 12:26:27

At 4/6/10 12:07 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 4/6/10 11:52 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Anyways, I watched Aliens last night. By god, that's a fucking epic movie.
Mind linking a trailer or a cover something like that?

Here's the trailer.
Aliens was the 1986 sequel to the 1979 movie Alien. Directed by James Cameron, this film is regarded not only as the best of the Alien series, but probably the best movie sequel ever made. This film is so highly acclaimed, that on the rating site Rotten Tomatoes it holds a 100% rating.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 12:32:24

At 4/6/10 12:26 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Aliens was the 1986 sequel to the 1979 movie Alien.

Also, for anyone who has seen it, or anyone who doesn't think they'll see if but wants to know what happens, you can check out the
Amazing Aliens Rap, by the same guys who did the Robocop rap, the Predator rap and the Terminator 2 rap. Warning, if you haven't seen this movie, this video contains spoilers as it gives a summary of the film.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 12:48:42

I love the Alien series.Well,with the exception of the third one.Yeah I even liked Resurrection (Even though it was shit.)

I have the quadrilogy.Its an eight disk set.Four of the disks have the final cut and a directors cut,and the other four have special features,one disk for each movie.Its pretty cool.

Apparently theres an Alien 5 in the works.Theyre trying to get Ridley Scott back to direct.Also its rumored that its gunna be a prequel.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 17:30:09

WHO ELSE DID SOME AWESOME EASTER EGGS?

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 19:29:52

At 4/6/10 05:30 PM, Wivernryder wrote: WHO ELSE DID SOME AWESOME EASTER EGGS?

screw Easter eggs. I have found the mother of all gummy bears o.0....

I praise you of great and might gummy.....

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 22:33:16

At 4/6/10 07:29 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
screw Easter eggs. I have found the mother of all gummy bears o.0....

That's...
...so...
...awesome!

I got a giant gummy bear in Germany at some candy store once, but it was nowhere as big as that monster.

Type 2 diabetes here I come!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 23:04:11

At 4/6/10 07:29 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: screw Easter eggs. I have found the mother of all gummy bears o.0....

If that thing was of the sour variety I would literally orgasm myself to death.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 08:21:05

Rawr will be streaming my next drawing for the Gijinka collab.

Come watch?

My stream.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 13:56:13

At 4/2/10 05:06 PM, Re2deemer wrote: So, does anybody have any favourite art blogs to share? I'm most interested in those that offer tips/ideas how to develop your skills.

Hey guys keep these blogs coming, I've always wanted to know more about this stuff.

cartoonretro.blogspot.com (shane glines)
parkablogs.com - art book reviews (very handy if you want to purchase an 'art of ___' book or something similar - he has a video for each one where he flips through the pages quick then tells you what's in it in the review.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 02:00:09

Just watched Alien 3. Not only is it not that good a movie, but following the epicness that was Aliens really makes this movie fall all the more so.
The only good parts about this movie are Sigourney Weaver's awesomeness, the greatmusic and Ralph Brown's British accent.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 02:31:09

LEVEL GET
Bring on the gofer-chucks !

BBS Signature