00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Good Captains Art Thread

74,387 Views | 618 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-25 09:32:01

Eh figured i would make an actually thread, i post in some but don't have my own. I'll just post things from my sketchbook, and paintings or stuff i get around to doing, or just works and progress and future works.

Hope you like it!

I'll post more stuff tonight

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-25 09:37:04

It's pretty, I'm certainly not liking those white spots though.

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-25 13:07:54

I masturbated at it

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-25 21:26:54

What white spots are you talking about? The ones in the background? That was done in like 30 seconds because i was bored after my english final, but if you mean in the shotty coloring job than i'm sorry, this is just sketchbook stuff done in freetime, i put as much effort into it as i feel like doing at the time.

This is a future work, me and my girlfriend are gonna paint eachother fitteds (hats "fitted" to your head in case you didn't know) then give them to eachother.

This is probably what i'm going to paint on hers, it'll be a black fitted, all the Xs and dotted lines will be white stiching. Problem is i'm broke so when i get paid i'll go pick one up and start it

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-25 21:34:01

More Excuses!

another future project, this ones more of a matter of finding the time and getting my airbrush fixed so i can do the red shading.

This is gonna be painted on the back of these big IKEA shelving units that are behind my Tv and crap, i really want to get this one started

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-25 21:56:10

Wow, I love your pencilwork, it's fantastic.

I'd buy a hat like that, yet I too have no money.

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 08:32:34

thanks glad you like it, i'll try and get some paintings up soon, they'll be old because i haven't done anything new in awhile. But i'm painting something on a shirt for my dad tonight so i'll post that if i like it

heres a drawing from my sketchbook, i might color it eventually but i dont really like how his body turned out, so i might not

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 09:14:44

Wow!!! The first two are mad!!!!
(But i didn't really like the 3 one...)

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 12:05:32

HA! now i see y people say we have a similar style! we gotta do a co-op piece or sumin in the near future!

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 13:21:17

At 1/26/08 12:05 PM, Avoe17 wrote: HA! now i see y people say we have a similar style! we gotta do a co-op piece or sumin in the near future!

haha sounds like a plan, glad you like my stuff, well have to figure something out, i got a long weekend off school so i plan on getting my airbrush fixed and bust out some paintings

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 16:34:46

At 1/26/08 02:05 PM, Kagoe wrote: Your.....your just scary. Did you get dropped at child birth? Because your imagination is just...*barfing* CrAzInG

As far as i know i have no brain injuries, and i don't do drugs either, so this is pure crazy imagination here.

Just finished painting on a shirt for my dad, turned out kinda cool

heres the original sketch:

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 16:37:49

A full view of the whole shirt

(face isn't finished in this one)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 16:40:16

And the finished face

i think it turned out okay, seeing how i havne't painted or used my airbrush in awhile

and on a happy note, i fixed my airbrush!! Expect that shelves mural (post 3 or 4) will be done within the month

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 16:53:23

what kind of paint do u use on the shirts? does it stay one well? and can u do it on any kind of shirt?

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 17:05:27

i just used acrylic, and watered down acrylics for the airbrush, i'm not sure how well it stays on, if my dad throws it in the washer i'll find out and let you know :)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 17:36:18

I hate to say it but that hat idea is fucking cute! I need to bring up a suggestion like that to my girl.

"I'm stoned off my ass but believe me when I say I'm going to extend our knowledge about mini and macro universes."

-Cory Manchester

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 17:50:59

At 1/26/08 05:36 PM, neonwelpZ wrote: I hate to say it but that hat idea is fucking cute! I need to bring up a suggestion like that to my girl.

Haha yeah, were just so cute, makes you wanna just shit kittens

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 22:04:59

At 1/26/08 05:50 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Haha yeah, were just so cute, makes you wanna just shit kittens

lol, hey mind if i remake ur shirt image in ps and print it up on an iron-on sheet so i can iron it on a shirt and make it look all real legit and everything? ill start it but i wont print it up till i get ur approval (oh and ill be sure to post a pic of the finished result)

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-26 23:22:11

Hell yeah you can, post up the pic in here for me, that sounds real techinical and fancy so i wouldn't be able to figure it out. You should go ahead and throw in some of your own shit into the design to.

If it turns out well i may try and persuade you to mail me a shirt :)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-27 00:57:35

At 1/26/08 11:22 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Hell yeah you can, post up the pic in here for me, that sounds real techinical and fancy so i wouldn't be able to figure it out. You should go ahead and throw in some of your own shit into the design to.

If it turns out well i may try and persuade you to mail me a shirt :)\

lol ok, prolly wont get it done till later this week though :(

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-27 09:26:18

its all good, i got other stuff to do, might not even start any of them but i got stuff to preoccupy me, i'll probably forget about it later :)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-27 13:38:17

HAHAHA! I was going through all my art that i have pictures of on my computer, my old stuff is hilariously bad, i'm almost ashamed of it

take a look:

and to think this was only just freashmen year

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-27 13:44:24

This is probly the best active non digital art thread around these parts.

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-27 13:53:31

At 1/27/08 01:38 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: HAHAHA! I was going through all my art that i have pictures of on my computer, my old stuff is hilariously bad, i'm almost ashamed of it

take a look:

and to think this was only just freashmen year

wow

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-27 17:40:45

At 1/27/08 01:53 PM, Avoe17 wrote:
wow

And that is the appropriate response!!
It's amazing what plenty of practice can do

And thanks for the comlement, i'll be happy atleast one person thinks this is the best non-digital thread

ps: ill just post older work until i do something new, this was done for a stencil class at a place i'm now an intern at, turned out pretty cool, spray glue+chalk= awesome

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-27 18:58:09

At 1/27/08 05:40 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: ps: ill just post older work until i do something new, this was done for a stencil class at a place i'm now an intern at, turned out pretty cool, spray glue+chalk= awesome

thats tight, cool effect

click it... CLICK IT!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-28 00:14:24

Thanks, just checked your thread, makes me wish i had better lettering, might go soldier on a bit more and practice a bit

i'll post up anything that turns out decent here for criticism and such

And i would like if someone other than Avoe would talk to me, your real cool and all, but it would be nice to get some crit and comments from others, say something don't just stare!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-28 03:17:50

Excuse the double post, just tried out that scribble program, pretty cool, first digital art i've done in a long time, turned out pretty cool, thinking of resizing it and cleaning it up and making it my sig, who knows

but yeah, pretty cool, i'll post it in the actual scribble thread tommorow, tired as hell, time for some sleep

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-28 03:59:05

Hmm. You certainly enjoy your "Grotesque faces" abstract art....
The first one reminds me of 'slimer' from the Ghostbusters movie.

Just imagine I wrote something witty and funny here....

Oh, and check out my artwork: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /802110

Response to The Good Captains Art Thread 2008-01-28 13:05:45

Yeah i love to draw faces, working on bodies and such, i need to practice hands and feet badly though

Look at my art!

BBS Signature