00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,090 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-27 17:42:33

I nominate DarKsidE555. He mainly does covers of Mega Man songs. He no doubt should be on this list.

I also like to think that I'm an underdog. I have been making music for 2 years now, I've had several of my submission featured in flash movies/games and also had one of my songs achieve 4th place on Best Tracks of the Week. I mainly use Reason 4.0 for most of my work as well Guitar Pro and FL Studio 7 and Audacity for touching up. If you wanna check out my stuff its right here.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-27 18:17:04

I nominate zero-resurrected.

If you are reading my signature, you must not be doing anything important, so click the turntables to check out my music.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-27 18:19:03

At 1/27/08 05:42 PM, Zero-Resurrected wrote: I also like to think that I'm an underdog. I have been making music for 2 years now, I've had several of my submission featured in flash movies/games and also had one of my songs achieve 4th place on Best Tracks of the Week. I mainly use Reason 4.0 for most of my work as well Guitar Pro and FL Studio 7 and Audacity for touching up. If you wanna check out my stuff its right here.

You're not an underdog... your most recent song has 37 reviews. I don't call that "undiscovered talent".

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-27 18:32:26

At 1/27/08 06:25 PM, NaRutoCHoklaTeNoodle wrote: i n0m1n4t3 TheEyeOfMusiK th1s dud3 k1ck$ s0m3 m4j0r ass ya?

I always wonder why people type like that... doesn't it take more time to write something that way?

Anyway... DarKsidE555 isn't really an underdog, he's got loads of reviews, ratings, downloads etc. I don't think he's undiscovered.

... No, but I did see a blue Prius!

Conian -> Welcome to the chaos that is my mind, would you like to take the detour?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-27 19:52:07

my vote goes to UltimateCyprien

Xbox live: Igotsniped119

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-27 22:07:51

Funny how history repeats itself.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 01:35:36

At 1/27/08 10:07 PM, SineRider wrote: Funny how history repeats itself.

It is. Funny how his efforts to get on the list failed miserably.

I nominate http://neuralfusion.newgrounds.com/ - awesome drum and bass stuff. Like Fallen VIP and Nowhere To Run. If you like DnB, check him out!

I wish I could write epic reviews like Quarl. :(

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 11:28:24

And my vote goes to:
ZZZZZzzzzZZzzzZZzzzzzZzzz
zzzzzZZZzZZzz
AH! Oh, yeah, my vote, It goes to:
UltimateCyprien.

Have a nice day. I'm off to spaz around.
>_>
<_<
>_>
_>
>

*Runs away with cookie*

The crazy mod from SivLand, who got lost in NG o_O

Comments wanted

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 16:12:06

Well UltimateCyprien (sp?) has effectively ensured he's never getting on the list. Doesn't deserve it either so for all the puppets who went and posted to nominate him, you can all go do unpleasant things to your person ;)

I nominate Bosa, madboss for underdog. I will highlight some of their songs later on.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 16:49:06

Bosa? He has some VERY popular songs though cough

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 16:51:08

I would like to thank you all for voting for me, I am so moved. I just have something in my eye...

*wipes away upcoming tears*

Now, for those of you who say that I am excluded from this competetion. You can't just exclude me for making a little campaign for my work on the area of music. Do the rules say that this is forbidden, do they?

Exactly, they don't. By telling people to vote for me many have discovered my audio in the portal and I am on a lot of favorite lists, yet I am the true underdog of audio on NG. Not many have heard my work but those who have say that it's commendable and inspiring to fellow music composers. They look up to me and I won't even think of misusing the responsibilities that were given to me by these people. The responsibility to keep up creating innovating and refreshing music and the responsibility to share my music with an as large audience as possible. I take this opportunity with both hands to become the official underdog and I will not, I cannot let these peoples vote be in vain.

All that rests me to say now is that I should stay in this competition, and let it proceed fairly. I just have to win this...

- Cyprien

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 16:54:37

What the ppl complains here is because there are better authors than you and they have a lot of less attention than you so they want that another authors are named here.

it's not like we hate you.

btw...too much EGO i presence master yoda O_O.

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 16:54:44

And another thing, if you only vote on these amateurs you'll only give this position to someone who doesn't deserve it. I really do deserve to win this competition.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 16:56:46

At 1/28/08 04:54 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote: And another thing, if you only vote on these amateurs you'll only give this position to someone who doesn't deserve it. I really do deserve to win this competition.

EGO alert confirmed.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 16:58:38

Yeah, but I deserve it more than these amateurs becuase my ego has gone up considiberlelrely.

Nerr!

And my new song made it reach level 34567. Nerr!

not really. Im just taking the micheal :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 16:59:35

AHHAHAHAHA seriously pal, you are far too much... really. This isn't a freaking presidential campaign and there is no "UNDERDOG OF TEH AUDIO PORTAL"

You've taken the kindhearted point of this post and turned it into greed.

This post was to help those who are considered underdogs to get some much needed reviews and downloads. Not to find out who is the best unnoticed artist... Seriously, get some modesty, it won't kill you.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:00:49

Greedy dog. Woof Woof!

:O

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:02:22

I AM THE QUEEN OF THE AP.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:02:47

At 1/28/08 04:51 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote: I just have to win this...

You still don't seem to understand that this is no contest. I don't have the power to reply to all the other shit in your post, but that's what it all is: shit.

But since you seem to be so incredibly hungry for recognition, I have a tip for ya, and I'm giving it to you for the second time: You have 2 audio reviews. Make that number bigger, and you'll see. If you expect people to review you, why don't you review other artists who need those reviews?

At 1/28/08 04:54 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote: And another thing, if you only vote on these amateurs you'll only give this position to someone who doesn't deserve it. I really do deserve to win this competition.

You are also an egocentric, biased moron and I'm starting to think you're only doing this to troll.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:09:22

-this isn't a contest.
-your spamming the thread
-this type of behavior ruined the previous underdog list
-your aiming for a temporary ban right now (not within my power to do so, but mods do have that ability.)
-You're extremely egotistical. You might not think so, but your actions speak for you. Unacceptable.

If you were a little dumber, I'd think you were fatty under an alt account. Heck, you even have his taste for ambient music. Too bad you're definatly not him. I'd have thought he learned his lesson from the first thread.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:12:54

At 1/28/08 05:09 PM, Quarl wrote: If you were a little dumber, I'd think you were fatty under an alt account. Heck, you even have his taste for ambient music. Too bad you're definatly not him. I'd have thought he learned his lesson from the first thread.

At least he learned- there's quite a difference here.

Not relevant of current subtopic: people should remember to actually review the underdogs, not only dig 'em up :) I think I'll get to some more UD reviewage tomorrow.... lah de la dah

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:18:23

At 1/28/08 01:35 AM, Rig wrote:

I nominate http://neuralfusion.newgrounds.com/ - awesome drum and bass stuff. Like Fallen VIP and Nowhere To Run. If you like DnB, check him out!

I wish I could write epic reviews like Quarl. :(

meh, reviews...

Umm, I think that guy could possibly just be a new account for this guy. Not sure, they both have similar styles. Also, if it is the same guy, he's definatly not an underdog, and there's the chance that he steals music...

Listen to this track and read API's review to see what I'm talking about... (in all honestly though, I'm not really sure. It's all just a hunch.) Stolen?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:25:06

At 1/28/08 05:18 PM, Quarl wrote: Listen to this track and read API's review to see what I'm talking about... (in all honestly though, I'm not really sure. It's all just a hunch.) Stolen?

The song is not stolen, he just stole the reese, which effectively is the main point of the song. So, he's a generic ripoff poser, but the song is not stolen. I mean, a lot of music gets sampled.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:34:54

At 1/28/08 05:25 PM, navij11 wrote:
The song is not stolen, he just stole the reese, which effectively is the main point of the song. So, he's a generic ripoff poser, but the song is not stolen. I mean, a lot of music gets sampled.

meh, your opinion is more correct. Regardless, It's not easy to look past that kind of thing. Take in to consideration the difference between using a royalty free sample and ripping a reese from a Noisia track. There's a big difference. Tell me. If someone took something you worked really hard on and claimed it to be their own, how would you feel?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:38:15

At 1/28/08 04:56 PM, preffertobedead wrote:
EGO alert confirmed.

You're a funny guy, is it so wrong to say that I think that I should win this? Wouldn't you feel happy for me if I would?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:39:37

At 1/28/08 05:25 PM, navij11 wrote:
At 1/28/08 05:18 PM, Quarl wrote: Listen to this track and read API's review to see what I'm talking about... (in all honestly though, I'm not really sure. It's all just a hunch.) Stolen?

You know, his stuff DOES seem incredibly polished. Let's just put him to the side for now until we can be sure (probably never will...)

And yeah, insert generic flame of UltimateEgoHole here.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:43:01

At 1/28/08 05:02 PM, SBB wrote: But since you seem to be so incredibly hungry for recognition, I have a tip for ya, and I'm giving it to you for the second time: You have 2 audio reviews. Make that number bigger

I simply don't have time for this, but I listen to all the genres of music in the audio portal.

You are also an egocentric, biased moron and I'm starting to think you're only doing this to troll.

That was a bit "in your face" wasn't it. No harm meant.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:52:02

I get it already, the zero bombers are already clicking their way up to my audio...

HERE COME THE ZERO BOMBERS!

The Underdog List

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 17:56:54

At 1/28/08 05:43 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote:
At 1/28/08 05:02 PM, SBB wrote: But since you seem to be so incredibly hungry for recognition, I have a tip for ya, and I'm giving it to you for the second time: You have 2 audio reviews. Make that number bigger
I simply don't have time for this, but I listen to all the genres of music in the audio portal.

And yet you have time to PM everyone your sob-story.

That was a bit "in your face" wasn't it. No harm meant.

Let me show you the PM you sent to UnderdogList:

At 1/27/08 4:48 PM, UnderdogList wrote:
Did you really think your PM spam would get you on the list? WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST NOMINATE YOURSELF IN THE THREAD?

It seemed so... beneath me. Sorry.
- Cyprien

It doesn't matter - you're not getting on the list. We will not endorse spam votes.
IF you had posted your own nomination in this thread (like I told you and like UnderdogList told you), we all would have considered it, like we were doing for everyone else. But you've blown your chance.

Forget it. It's over.

I can't believe you've destroyed your e-reputation on something as simple as that.

Moving on...
I'd like to once-again nominate sorohanro! This guy plays the best jazz trumpet on NG, and it's very well produced. Seriously - go to his page and just chill out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-28 18:02:34

At 1/28/08 01:35 AM, Rig wrote:
I nominate http://neuralfusion.newgrounds.com/

I agree with that

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW