00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zachattack92 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

119,909 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2013-05-24 00:25:35

Hey guys, my name is Zeb Frinar. I think I'm perfect for this list.

Since i started making music back as early as 2002, I've always felt like The Underdog

What does some kid from the suburbs know about making hip hop beats? Needless to say, a lot of people didn't think that I would stick to wanting to make this form of music and many people still don't exactly know how many hours i've spent in countless bedrooms sitting in front of DAWs trying to make the best sounding stuff with the lowest possible budget.

In 2009 I went to an Audio Engineering school in NYC and really learned how to mix properly and understand the overall tonality of musical recordings.

I spent the next 3 years of my life playing on my MPC 1000, cutting up samples of music from the 30s,40s, and 50s and turning them into hip hop beats. I was so amped about this project that I kept it under tight wraps, only showing my friends my stuff directly off the MPC 1000.

Unfortunately for me, I was robbed at gunpoint in my home and my very most prized possion, my MPC 1000 was stolen. All the material I had worked on was lost as well.

I was crushed. All that music was gone forever and now I had to start from scratch.

That's when I bought my NI Maschine, and started making the music that I now release as Zeb Frinar.

I now do live sound for a professional wrestling company, CHIKARA (www.chikarapro.com) and occasionally make some of the Entrance themes for the wrestlers.

I am proud of the work I've been doing but I feel like I haven't been able to get people to really listen. I feel like this War to get heard will never end, but I hope that some of you will listen to some of my music, enjoy it and let me know what you thought.

Thanks,
Zeb

www.soundcloud.com/zebfrinar
www.facebook.com/zebfrinar
@zebfrinar on twitter

and of course: http://zebfrinar.newgrounds.com/

Response to The Underdog List 2013-05-24 00:56:09

At 5/24/13 12:25 AM, ZebFrinar wrote: Hey guys, my name is Zeb Frinar. I think I'm perfect for this list.

Since i started making music back as early as 2002, I've always felt like The Underdog

Joined May 7 2013

Brah, you DO realize that the point of this thread is to promote the underdogs ON THIS SITE, right? You can't pop on here for two weeks and then call yourself an underdog.

Best of luck nonetheless.

Also, while we're at it, can we perhaps consider locking this thread and remaking it with the self-ad part removed? This place stinks of the wretched fumes of shameless self-ad, and it's severely affecting the genuine intentions of this thread, which is to promote other artists than yourself.

Response to The Underdog List 2013-05-24 01:00:29

Oh, right, sorry for double-post, but I wanted to post something actually relevant to the thread.

I'd very much like to recommend SilverPoyozo. He's a brilliant artist I recently discovered who's most certainly got the chops of a seasoned jazzman, and his creative ideas for reharmonizations are unparalleled on this site, as far as I'm concerned!

Here's the track that sold me:

Response to The Underdog List 2013-05-24 01:00:49

At 5/24/13 12:56 AM, camoshark wrote:

Also, while we're at it, can we perhaps consider locking this thread and remaking it with the self-ad part removed? This place stinks of the wretched fumes of shameless self-ad, and it's severely affecting the genuine intentions of this thread, which is to promote other artists than yourself.

I couldn't agree more mate- any actual underdogs are drowned in a sea of shameless self promoters

Response to The Underdog List 2013-05-24 01:07:24

At 5/24/13 12:56 AM, camoshark wrote: Also, while we're at it, can we perhaps consider locking this thread and remaking it with the self-ad part removed? This place stinks of the wretched fumes of shameless self-ad, and it's severely affecting the genuine intentions of this thread, which is to promote other artists than yourself.

Given that the list hasn't even been updated in the last 4 years, I think it's probably for the best anyways. Gonna be honest... We have the Ad Thread for self promotion... There is absolutely no reason that 3/4 of the posts here should be people whoring themselves out.

If someone wants to take over the Underdog list and start a new thread that forbids self nomination, by all means... but this thread has more than run its course.

Until someone takes over, I encourage everyone to still help promote lesser known artists, be it through your newspost, your forum signature, or whatever other means you have.

RIP Underdog List... You had a good run... if you didn't die 4 years ago... this lock may have never happened.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature