00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,254 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2012-11-27 16:54:09

At 11/27/12 10:09 AM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 11/26/12 10:14 PM, DaDanDawg wrote:
At 11/26/12 09:54 PM, Lasse wrote:
mine differs a lot
Haha well its good to get feedback, can you let me know what you dont like about it?
You are nowhere near being awesome, but still shamelessly self-advertised. That's why Lasse and I do not like your attitude.

Also...

You should write the abbreviated form of "do not" with an apostrophe.

Hey sorry for striking a bone, but I wanted to get honest feedback, if I actually have bad music, then I want to know how to be better, and I havnt heard anything negative about my music, in fact I've been hearing just the opposite. The reason I posted here was to get some exposure and to see what people think about my music, so sorry if I struck a bone or something, I just want to get better

Response to The Underdog List 2012-11-27 17:24:20

At 11/27/12 04:54 PM, DaDanDawg wrote:
Hey sorry for striking a bone, but I wanted to get honest feedback, if I actually have bad music, then I want to know how to be better, and I havnt heard anything negative about my music, in fact I've been hearing just the opposite. The reason I posted here was to get some exposure and to see what people think about my music, so sorry if I struck a bone or something, I just want to get better

That's why you should have posted your music in the according thread, that I linked in the post just above yours.

Response to The Underdog List 2012-11-28 01:48:32

I'll nominate Calimforce.

This guy has some damn good house songs, at least I think so. He doesn't seem to get that much attention, though that could because he doesn't do much in the community, but I feel he deserves some recognition.

It's better than me trying to nominate myself, though my stuff isn't really good enough for me to be considered an underdog.

Response to The Underdog List 2012-11-28 13:17:25

At 11/27/12 04:54 PM, DaDanDawg wrote:

You know, I didn't respond to you earlier, because everyone complains about zero bombing all the time. But when you started the topic, I actually checked out your profile, and I saw that at the time you only had 2 songs up, with a total of 5 votes. If your songs dropped from 4s to 2s, that means only 2 or 3 of those 5 votes were actual 0s. I won't call that bombing. If I look at your profile now you have about 25 votes in total and your scores are even lower. Maybe by complaining so much over nothing gave yourself negative exposure. I also saw you wrote some very negative reviews where you gave halve a star to songs that in my opinion weren't too bad (at least better than your own). It's not surprising if you made some enemies with your reviews. The most likely explanation however is your songs just aren't as good as you think, just no one cares enough to tell you. I didn't vote for your songs because I feel sorry for you and I don't want to freeze the score at the 2 it's at, because that's I'd vote. If you want constructive criticism, I'll tell you this; Keep in mind what key your song is in and don't use notes that donâEUTMt fit that key. Use good sounding and preferably original chord progressions. These things are important for understanding your own songs. If you don't know why your song should be good, it probably isn't. Don't just learn tips and tricks from google or youtube. Pick up a book about fundamentals of music. Or take lessons. Be original. Nothing against dubstep, but you're not the first to make it, and a lot of people who do are beginners that arenâEUTMt very good. Make yourself stand out from the mass. If you write "best" among your tags, be sure not to disappoint. Good luck and keep improving.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2013-01-13 02:02:42

I'll nominate myself. I've been making music for a little under 2 years, but recently joined NG. I'll let you guys decide what my music is all about, because I could say that my music is the best out there, but I know it's not.
http://aslal.newgrounds.com/audio/

Response to The Underdog List 2013-01-15 10:28:31

This guy right here is very talented and shares a variety of different genres:

http://joshhunsaker.newgrounds.com/audio/

He got a TON of songs and uploaded them since 2008. Check him out!
It looks like he had something big going in 2010 and before but after that, people kind of forgot about him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-04 00:30:54

I wanna nominate myself...is that dick-ish?

Anyway: History....Um, I've been making music since 2008. I didn't start taking it seriously until about 2011, when I released my first album. But to this day it has almost no downloads. Since then I've released an EP, and am working on my second full length album..

I use Reaper as a DAW. And I use a mixture of Gearbox, FL and a couple various VST's.

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-04 00:51:06

At 2/4/13 12:30 AM, LemonCrush wrote: I wanna nominate myself...is that dick-ish?

You're biased. I demand a re-evaluation!

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-04 01:20:32

At 2/4/13 12:51 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: You're biased. I demand a re-evaluation!

:D Well, it did say we can nominate your self :)

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-04 11:21:56

What u need to do is try to buy a nice microfoon. if your recording quality is better then we are able to make a nice song if u want. I think that the sound quality and some extra stuff like some drums etc really makes the difference in your song. because the vocals are pretty good only they are bad recorded just like the gitar. i think that if u do that that more people are gonna like it and that u are not gonna stand long on that underdog list ;)

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-05 08:14:15

Self nomination ( shameless :-p )

http://armoniascuro.newgrounds.com/audio/

I have played music my entire life with a variety of instruments- but my primary for most of my active musical life has been bass. I am nominating myself for my chiptune work however... in which I am just starting out. Music programming has always been something I have been interested in but never really pursued until now.
My journey into newgrounds started out as a joke, I wrote the song in my profile called "vampire party" basically saying something around the lines of if i write some poppy trash on guitar pro everyone will love it. I actually found the community to be pretty critical and helpful though... and that evolved into writing "The Time machine" which i was a bit more proud of but I felt like the instrumental limitations of guitar pro were holding me back-- so I downloaded Famitracker and began learning the program.
Since then I have gotten my passion back for composition and have been trying to get my work heard. All of the songs recorded have been written in no more than two dedicated sit-downs - normally in a 24 hour period. My goal as a musician composing these pieces is to get them used in Games. As long as I can remember I have always wanted to compose music for games. I hope you guys dig my music, my heart is in it!

note: i used to dump my trash here from an old band, (goofy improvs we didnt use) so please dont mind the 2010 submissions :-p

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-07 06:27:19

I rock, and I think you will think so to!
Check out my songs.
Just started NG and I'm quite happy with all the creativity flowing here.
Very inspiring!
I will only submit solo arrangements here, things not made for band and liveclub performances.

~rock n' drool~

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-07 08:54:47

Sry, blasted through the rules...

I use Logic Express to make these songs with a "duet" form apogee to record voices and guitar/bass.
I write in many a genre but will mainly post instrumental music here, intended for movies, videogames or some such.
I have had a 2 year hiatus from writing this kind of music and started up again one week ago.

http://jonicorn.newgrounds.com/

~rock n' drool~

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-16 11:52:50

There are quite a lot of people who think they're "underdogs". 7:-7
Hopefully this thread isn't becoming a second audio advertisements thing..

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-16 16:49:19

Too bad the majority of those who nominate themselves actually aren't underdogs.

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-16 16:54:27

At 2/7/13 06:27 AM, Jonicorn wrote: Just started NG and...

Excuse me, I don't me to be an ass here or anything, but do you even know the meaning of an underdog?
How the hell can you be an underdog, if you're here less than a month.
So you just came to newgrounds and suddenly you're expecting to have thousands of fans.

I totally agree with the guy above, this became another audio ad thread long time ago.

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-16 21:08:06

At 2/16/13 04:54 PM, DJDela wrote:
At 2/7/13 06:27 AM, Jonicorn wrote: Just started NG and...
Excuse me, I don't me to be an ass here or anything, but do you even know the meaning of an underdog?
How the hell can you be an underdog, if you're here less than a month.

hmmm, yes I see you'r point! Il wait a couple of years and then post again. Sorry!

~rock n' drool~

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-17 18:53:51

At 2/17/13 06:15 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Im underdawg, plz check out ma musiz, ok thanx bye!

Hehe. Well your music is actually quite good. I vouch for you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-18 14:08:48

I would like to nominate myself for the misc category. I've been uploading since 2006, generally making very cheesy Video-Game-esque songs, and some jazz, rock, and classical. I'm not the best at sonic textures or soundscapes but I'm a melody driven composer and I'd like to think that my tunes are those that could easily get stuck in your head. I use EastWest and Kontakt instruments plus Massive and more recently my new best friend FM8. I've had my music in a handful of games here on newgrounds, and once I made it to number 5 on the old, best songs ever list.

My basis for being an underdog is simply how long I've been at this, my music may not be the most appealing to most people due to its general simplicity but I'm confident in the songs I've uploaded here. I have 66 fans, which makes me feel like king, but I don't know if thats enough to qualify me as a real newgrounds hit.

Response to The Underdog List 2013-02-18 19:11:11

I would like to nominate two guys here. I feel both have great potential in them as classical artists. Please have a look!

SHmusic http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/523891

Xlllnon http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/523878

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2013-03-01 21:02:01

What up everyone, I go by Phonix and im here to.. nominate myself (how pathetic..)

Haha, nahh but in all seriousness, you gotta do what you gotta do, and right now i need some views!

Anyway, Im 16 years old at the moment, and i have been rapping since 8th grade.

Although, back then I sucked ass, i think its safe to say that i have grown quite drastically.

The first rap song that i have ever heard was "Mockingbird" by Eminem. Eminem has played a gigantic role in my life, his white ass got me hooked on Hip Hop! Now im a Hip Hop Junkie.. thanks man.

From the birth of my hobby to this day, I have been inspired by a handful of great MCs of the past.

I make Old School Hip Hop Joints.

If you were to ask me who my favorite rapper is heres what i wold say:

"Damn man, I got like 10 favorite rappers!"

But if i had to choose 2, I would say Lord Finesse and Big L.

I am also an Asian Jazz Junkie, because jazz is amazing.

If your into more Modern Hip Hop peep this!

The software and equipment i am currently using is FL studio, Audacity, Windows Media Player, Freemake Audio Converter, CAD u37 USB Microphone, and Skull Candy earphones.

I would very much appreciate it if you gave me a chance and clicked that link.

It means alot, if you took the time to write a comment and even reached out to rate my track(s).

And i think that concludes my summary.

Thanks to those special few that took the time to read this long piece of shit. You will be rewarded greatly (if you are a believer of karma).

Ive got a Mixtape in the works, if ya dig what ya hear keeps those earholes open for the release date!

sup

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2013-03-01 21:35:29

Hey check out my music! Its guitarlicious or something.... Pirate Metal! | Rock with guest Female Vocalist

Response to The Underdog List 2013-03-02 00:25:09

Hey guys, in case you haven't noticed - even though nominating yourself is allowed, it tends to have a negative effect on your reputation. Make good music, be active, people will notice.

Response to The Underdog List 2013-03-02 01:22:05

I have never actually read this topic before. I thought that people just posted their own name and thought it was kind of a pointless thread. But I never really thought about the fact you can suggest other people C:

Benjamin makes some great orchestral/cinematic music!

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to The Underdog List 2013-03-02 13:18:49

Response to The Underdog List 2013-03-02 17:41:14

At 3/2/13 01:18 PM, Cowherd wrote: I like to nominate this person
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/521061

I second that!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2013-03-16 21:26:03

Response to The Underdog List 2013-05-19 15:43:26

This dude deserves more attention than he's getting.

Response to The Underdog List 2013-05-19 17:23:37

At 5/19/13 03:43 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: This dude deserves more attention than he's getting.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/535583
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/527994

I was about to recommend him but I saw you beat me to it. No but I second this too -- JacobCadmus writes very good cinematic pieces.

Response to The Underdog List 2013-05-19 21:24:40

At 5/19/13 03:43 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: This dude deserves more attention than he's getting.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/535583
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/527994

I third this choice...

awesomely epic music is epicly awesome