Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-17 16:50:30 Reply

At 12/17/10 03:53 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
BUT IT HAS PARTICLES.

Doesn't make it any less shit.

Also, Oliver, I said it first >:(

Whatever yo.

I still think hats are stupid, gay and pointless. Give me vanilla TF2 with basic weapons and no fucking hats.

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-17 17:11:23 Reply

At 12/17/10 04:50 PM, Oliver wrote: I still think hats are stupid, gay and pointless. Give me vanilla TF2 with basic weapons and no fucking hats.

You never played Vanilla TF2... unless you played the craptastic Xbox version.

Miimaster
Miimaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-17 17:30:04 Reply

I'm getting the PC Version for Christmas.

My faveorite class is the medic... maybe.

Go fuck yourself.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-17 18:07:52 Reply

At 12/17/10 05:11 PM, Simple wrote:

Excuse me?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-17 19:50:52 Reply

http://seanj.afraid.org/craft/#

Lol this game is great if you want to craft stuff, but doesn't have any tf2 items

I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Rory
Rory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-17 21:32:01 Reply

Update time.

Added Medieval Mode, a game mode where players are restricted to using olde weapons.
'Your Eternal Reward' changes:
Spies can now change their disguise weapon via 'lastdiguise' while using 'Your Eternal Reward'
Already-disguised 'Your Eternal Reward' Spies are no longer forced to switch to displaying the melee weapon when they make a kill
Spies no longer play speech lines when making a kill with 'Your Eternal Reward'
Sentries no longer track 'Your Eternal Reward' Spies after they backstab someone
'Natascha' changes:
Spin-up time increased.
Slowdown-on-hit effect is reduced over distance.
Added 'The Medi-eval Medic', 'The Hibernating Bear', and 'The Expert's Ordnance' item sets.
Added new weapons: 'The Claidheamohmor', 'The Back Scratcher', 'The Boston Basher', 'The Fists of Steel', 'The Amputator', 'The Crusader's Crossbow', 'The Ullapool Caber', 'The Loch-n-Load', 'The Buffalo Steak Sandvich', 'The Brass Beast', 'The Warrior's Spirit', 'The Candy Cane', and 'The Jag'.
Added 20 new hats.
Added a prototype item testing map, and associated functionality, for contributors to test their work. Further details in an upcoming blog post.
Spies can now see TargetID's of players and objects regardless of their own disguise status.
Fixed some speech lines continuing after the speaker changes class
The Spy 'Sap Auteur' achievement now increments in cases where the Spy was the assister in the building destruction.
Fixed the arrow burning effect getting stuck on if you changed class in a respawn room with your arrow lit.
Fixed a Flamethrower bug that allowed players to rapidly fake the Pyro's airblast effect.
Throwing the Jarate or Milk now returns you to your previous weapon, instead of your Primary.
Added leaderboard to track duel wins.
Added ability for players to donate money directly to the creators of their favorite community maps.
Increased backpack size by 100 slots.

Finally, we can use the jag!

Dean: Rorys parents didn't give him dancing lessons. That much is obvious.
There are many things I regret, one of them Is asking the above buckfast swilling prick for a sig.

BBS Signature
SpeedMetalSandwich
SpeedMetalSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-17 22:18:04 Reply

Tom Bui

KINDLY COMMUNITY MAP MAKER BOB CRATCHIT: Please, sir, could I have Christmas off to starve at home with my family?

BILLIONAIRE HAT MAGNATE SCROOGE: No! Eat this candle!

CRATCHIT: But it's my only source of light to make maps by!

SCROOGE: Okay. Eat your own hand, then. Not the map-making one!

CRATCHIT: Okay. [weeps, eats own hand]

explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 00:09:28 Reply

Anyone have any items from the christmas update? I'll trade whatever I got. Or you can have a soul and gift it to me. :3

Steam account in siggy

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.
PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature
Saren
Saren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 01:15:26 Reply

This Christmas update is awesome. Going to get 20$ worth of STEAM funds for Christmas, sounds stupid but I always have heaps and heaps of money by the end of the year so I can still buy a new phone and some other stuff.

Just chillin'

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 01:29:05 Reply

My advice: Everyone grab yer gear and go play Medieval Fortress :D
I also put this new medic hat ON TOP PRIORITY.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 02:02:45 Reply

Selling my non-vintage Baseball Bill's sport shine is impossible, I'm trying to trade it for another hat in hopes there is someone out there who wants the hat. That or one or two refined metal would be nice so then I can make my grenadiers softcap.

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 02:30:22 Reply

So, I opened my first festive crate and guess what I got?

FISTS MADE OF STEEL >:D

Team Fortress 2 Crew

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 02:33:28 Reply

Then I find a festive crate I open it and guess who is lucky again :D

There is no christmass without christmass lights, eh?

Team Fortress 2 Crew

TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 02:34:28 Reply

(triplepost:P)

And lastly, I trade for a festive crate, open it, getting fists again and trading fists for this Scratcher thingy :P

Team Fortress 2 Crew

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 03:08:42 Reply

At 12/17/10 05:11 PM, Simple wrote:
At 12/17/10 04:50 PM, Oliver wrote: I still think hats are stupid, gay and pointless. Give me vanilla TF2 with basic weapons and no fucking hats.

If we give you that, we give you the Beta version.
Seriously, what is wrong with you people, getting free, mostly balanced and fun updates, and still not being happy?
I can guarantee that nobody would be still playing this game if they didn't update it.
Seriously.

At 12/17/10 09:32 PM, Rory wrote: Update time.

:O

Added Medieval Mode, a game mode where players are restricted to using olde weapons.

Ha, remember I was talking about medieval servers some months ago? (probably not, but whatever)
Now they made it into a game mode!

'Your Eternal Reward' changes:
Spies can now change their disguise weapon via 'lastdiguise' while using 'Your Eternal Reward'
Already-disguised 'Your Eternal Reward' Spies are no longer forced to switch to displaying the melee weapon when they make a kill

Ah well.The Eternal Reward certainly needed to be buffed some more...
/sacrasm

Spies no longer play speech lines when making a kill with 'Your Eternal Reward'
Sentries no longer track 'Your Eternal Reward' Spies after they backstab someone

And the list goes on..

'Natascha' changes:
Spin-up time increased.
Slowdown-on-hit effect is reduced over distance.

Okay, I do agree with this.
Not as radical as -75 HP (seriously, who thought that could actually work?) but effective and balanced.

Added 'The Medi-eval Medic', 'The Hibernating Bear', and 'The Expert's Ordnance' item sets.
Added new weapons: 'The Claidheamohmor', 'The Back Scratcher', 'The Boston Basher', 'The Fists of Steel', 'The Amputator', 'The Crusader's Crossbow', 'The Ullapool Caber', 'The Loch-n-Load', 'The Buffalo Steak Sandvich', 'The Brass Beast', 'The Warrior's Spirit', 'The Candy Cane', and 'The Jag'.
Added 20 new hats.

Fucking hell...

Spies can now see TargetID's of players and objects regardless of their own disguise status.

Oh come on!

Fixed a Flamethrower bug that allowed players to rapidly fake the Pyro's airblast effect.

Lol, they finally fixed this..my ears were getting tired.

You know what the best part is? (more sarcasm ahead)..my TF2 still doesn't work.
*bashes head against wall*

Rory
Rory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 04:53:19 Reply

At 12/18/10 02:02 AM, FurryDemon wrote: Selling my non-vintage Baseball Bill's sport shine is impossible, I'm trying to trade it for another hat in hopes there is someone out there who wants the hat. That or one or two refined metal would be nice so then I can make my grenadiers softcap.

Well hey, just to be nice, I'll give you a refined for that. If you want to add me, I'm usernamewastaken on steam.

Dean: Rorys parents didn't give him dancing lessons. That much is obvious.
There are many things I regret, one of them Is asking the above buckfast swilling prick for a sig.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 04:59:35 Reply

At 12/18/10 02:34 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: (triplepost:P)

And lastly, I trade for a festive crate, open it, getting fists again and trading fists for this Scratcher thingy :P

Really... really?... A rake?

TF2 is turning into such a joke now, it's kind of depressing. Seriously not trying to sound like an old fag but I really miss the old days of vanilla TF2.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 05:34:03 Reply

At 12/18/10 04:59 AM, ironraven24 wrote:

Really... really?... A rake?

TF2 is turning into such a joke now, it's kind of depressing. Seriously not trying to sound like an old fag but I really miss the old days of vanilla TF2.

The rake was in the fancy vs nasty update, I am glad actually these items are in game. Also they did again that thing where you combine non same set items for better results. For example, the Fists of Steel with the Steak are rape train.
Also I traded 4 scraps and got this awesome little candy thing which IS AWESOME because a single kill can give you 25 hp :D and heal you from probable burn damage.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Reader
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 05:35:39 Reply

So I heard the new heavy minigun was overpowered or something? I'm still trying to trade for it with 1 or 2 reclaimed metal.

At 12/18/10 04:53 AM, Rory wrote:
At 12/18/10 02:02 AM, FurryDemon wrote: Selling my non-vintage Baseball Bill's sport shine is impossible, I'm trying to trade it for another hat in hopes there is someone out there who wants the hat. That or one or two refined metal would be nice so then I can make my grenadiers softcap.
Well hey, just to be nice, I'll give you a refined for that. If you want to add me, I'm usernamewastaken on steam.

Already traded for 1.5 refined, thanks anyways though.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 05:36:57 Reply

I just got a candy cane and the new sniper hat from 2 of my festive winter crates :D

I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 05:51:33 Reply

At 12/18/10 05:34 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote:
The rake was in the fancy vs nasty update, I am glad actually these items are in game.

Please tell me why.

Why.

Why.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
TiberiumCrystalKutu
TiberiumCrystalKutu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 06:25:35 Reply

At 12/18/10 05:51 AM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 12/18/10 05:34 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote:
The rake was in the fancy vs nasty update, I am glad actually these items are in game.
Please tell me why.

Why.

Why.

Depredation??? No reason for it mate, tf2 is meant to be funny XD
Also I had opened from a festive crate one claidheamohmor but I never play demoknight so I traded it for one reclaimed and a non vintage dalokoh's bar. Also before this I traded a second( officially third) Fists of Steel for the Loch n Load and its pretty nice if you have luck at shooting directly people like me ;)

Team Fortress 2 Crew

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 07:18:29 Reply

I hate TF2 now.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 07:22:46 Reply

My brother bought me the bundle for Christmas.

Also got the fists out of the only festive crate I had.

Are the crate items dropping normally too, or are they only available in the crates?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 07:52:34 Reply

ITT: people whining about a christmas update most of them have been asking for.Oh u guyse.
No, honestly, find me ONE thing that is wrong with it.
And "the new items are ridiculous" is not a valid answer.
Need I remind you that lots of people like the Dapper Topper?
Plus, they'll probably change the christmas stuff after the 31st anyway.
Now, about the new weapons, I only know what the Wiki knows, but the new minigun looks pretty useful, although you'll be almost still while spinning/firing, so goodbye "action heavy".
I love how the Medic set looks, although frankly the bonus is a little OP.
New sword looks shitty, but I like the nade launcher, having impact nades is definitely a good idea-and the new wrench feels like an upgrade TBH.
Oh, and what the hell does the other demo melee do?You know, that thing that looks like a Stielhandgranate.
The description says that it doesn't crit randomly...but it can't be just that!

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 08:28:20 Reply

At 12/18/10 06:25 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote:
Depredation??? No reason for it mate, tf2 is meant to be funny XD

Not in this way. TF2 has always been a silly game, but in quite a subtle way. The way the characters react, their facial expressions, the whole RED v.s BLU was all very serious to them, and you could tell. Though there was a subtle sillyness generally drawn out from the cel-shaded graphics, which was quite nice, and gave TF2 some very nice charm.

I guess I should say it was subtly serious, because it's much easier to judge that the game is all muffins and butterflies due to the graphics design. Basically they ruined the atmosphere of the game for me, as silly as that sounds. I guess I think about these kind of things too much.

This is just how I feel, I'm not just bitching to try to be annoying or anything.

At 12/18/10 07:52 AM, HeavyTank wrote: ITT: people whining about a christmas update most of them have been asking for.Oh u guyse.

Uh, who here asked for another update? Personally I thought Mann-Conomy was okay, but I was lying to myself. I understand that they give us all of these free updates, which is very nice of them, and I like that they are using community submitted content too, that's a cool idea to get the modders, etc, out into the open, giving them a lot of recognition.

I've already said this a lot, but TF2, when it came out, was nigh perfectly balanced. The only things I could really complain about were Stickybombs, and even then those wern't as bad. I kind of want to go over each update (the major ones):

The Medic:
This was a good update, it had balanced items, and at this time the Blutsauger removed crit chance, and it didn't drain health. Making it the go-to medic gun unless you were a Battle Medic. The

Kritzkrieg had a fair trade off, less durability for more power. Not quite as useful for pushing but better for Arena and CP maps, though I don't believe Arena existed at this time, so it was rarely used

The Ubersaw was pretty much a straight upgrade, even though funnily enough, I don't even think it's that useful since you dont get a lot of chances to melee someone as a medic.

This was a good, balanced update that added new content to the game and generally everyone was happy about it.

I'm actually going to stop myself here, this would be a long ass post otherwise. Basically, every update before the Scout update didn't really change the metagame but made it more interesting and added more content, etc etc. Scout update and beyond Valve pretty much went; "fuck it", and just started to add new content rather then focusing on balancing. Updates like the Spy v.s Sniper, and the WAR! update changed those classes completely, as well. Not really for the better either. You give classes weapons that can't really benefit from too well.

Their plan was obviously to please the community with FREE DLC, which is a rarity nowadays, but something that really ruins online gaming for me; imbalance. Now TF2 isn't really imbalanced to the point that it's broken, but some of the shit it really annoying.

At this point there pretty much adding items so they can soak up more money from the store, it's not really about pleasing the community now, it's about money. At least, this is what I think, it's pretty blatantly obvious. Yes I know you don't have to buy it, but that doesn't mean people wont, you release new shit, the last thing people want to do is sit around WAITING for the item rather than just paying the price of a hamburger to get it.

And I don't even really want to start on hats, I don't even get peoples obsession with them any more. At first I understood because they were extremely rare, sort of like Unusual hats when hats became rather common.

Kind of trailing off now... sorry.

No, honestly, find me ONE thing that is wrong with it.

There's really not much balancing, some of the items they've released don't have a "bad-side", they're just a complete upgrade. Also stupid shit like a rake, and a candy-cane is retarded, sorry.

Need I remind you that lots of people like the Dapper Topper?

There's only so much "silliness" a game needs before it gets retarded and totally ruins it. Though that happened a while ago.

Plus, they'll probably change the christmas stuff after the 31st anyway.

Probably not.

Now, about the new weapons, I only know what the Wiki knows, but the new minigun looks pretty

useful, although you'll be almost still while spinning/firing, so goodbye "action heavy".

I browsed the store a bit and saw the weapons, a lot of them look very cool, (like the medic ones), but don't FIT at all. They look cool, sure, but as I just said, they don't fit in the game.

I love how the Medic set looks, although frankly the bonus is a little OP.

Wouldn't be surprised.

New sword looks shitty, but I like the nade launcher, having impact nades is definitely a good ide

I like how they added the nade launcher, that originally was just a community skin. One plus from the store is seeing the community getting involved so much, but that's about it.

tl;dr read the whole thing.
Excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes, I've been up for like 22 hours.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 08:30:31 Reply

Also I wanted to say, HeavyTank, use the fucking enter key, Damn it.

Soz for the double post.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 08:42:04 Reply

At 12/18/10 08:28 AM, ironraven24 wrote: Long-ass post.

My thoughts exactly. Take the heavy for instance. He used to be a giant, feared by his enemies. Nowadays he is a retard talking to his food.

Team Fortress 2 Crew

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 08:50:14 Reply

At 12/18/10 07:52 AM, HeavyTank wrote: The description says that it doesn't crit randomly...but it can't be just that!

I believe it explodes and huge damage to the enemy and 100 damage to you, but I'm not too sure.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Team Fortress 2 Crew 2010-12-18 08:51:22 Reply

At 12/18/10 08:42 AM, Racoonmario wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Take the heavy for instance. He used to be a giant, feared by his enemies. Nowadays he is a retard talking to his food.

Thanks Broseph.

ily.

Also another thing that the updates has fucked up (Mainly trading), is the community. Even my reg servers are plagued with "WTT BILLS HAT FOR 4+ HATS", etc. It's like all of the community cares about it more items... more hats... not the game, but more content to get more.. items? To trade for... more items? Seriously.

I don't understand why people want to do this, and not play the amazing team objective based shooter. Well, it's not really too amazing anymore, but it was fun while it lasted.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature