00:00
00:00

I need the practice...

5,762 Views | 54 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I need the practice... 2008-01-11 21:56:13


my lack of talent is matched only by my abundance of artist's block, and well, since request threads are the new personal art thread, i'll start my own!
just describe a character/scene/object whatever, and i'll take a stab at it!

here's one of my more recent pieces... a bowler trophy.
for more examples check out my art thread, link's in the sig, too

specify pencils or photoshop.

I need the practice...

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-11 22:26:41


man... my art always seems to hit that sweet spot of "unimpressive".

not horrible enough to spark a flame war, not good enough to merit much praise...

but no time for a suggestion any of you 25 people viewing??

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-11 22:31:45


how about a moving graffiti like a graffti man coming out of the urban wall...i know iknow it really really really sucks when you see a lot of people just viewing and no one replying


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-11 22:45:02


How about a man holding an umbrella?


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-11 22:46:20


At 1/11/08 10:45 PM, RedDreadSky wrote: How about a man holding an umbrel

of course make me look like an idiot


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-11 23:59:19


At 1/11/08 10:46 PM, MatureLogoClock wrote:
At 1/11/08 10:45 PM, RedDreadSky wrote: How about a man holding an umbrel
of course make me look like an idiot

MY sig says 'Bush for president '08' in all caps. I don't think there is much debate on who the idiot is.
Also, since I left this out, I think the umbrella picture would be better penciled.


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-12 00:01:42


how about a guy hanging off a roof top with only one hand on and the other one holding a can of graffiti and tagging like something cool like "DECOY"
lol its something i drew !

also draw lots of other tags around try some basic legends.
smith,seen,futara ect. google it lol


Damnt,if you dont know it then GOOGLE IT!

BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-12 00:11:44


At 1/11/08 11:59 PM, RedDreadSky wrote:
MY sig says 'Bush for president '08' in all caps. I don't think there is much debate on who the idiot is.

you speak the truth


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-12 04:53:54


Looks pretty good so far, not very smooth shapes, but otherwise it looks nice.


Check out the New Review Crew / Hexalist #52 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-12 16:20:42


At 1/12/08 04:53 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Looks pretty good so far, not very smooth shapes, but otherwise it looks nice.

smooth shapes? as in... construction or materials?
because, its a pretty high-res scan, maybe you're seein the pencil strokes?

workin on a combo of all above suggestions in one big pic.

1 char's sketched out, then another and a background to go.

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-12 18:42:52


At 1/11/08 10:45 PM, RedDreadSky wrote: How about a man holding an umbrella?

plus grafitti!

if anyone wants, i'll upload the high-rez.

I need the practice...

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-12 20:31:26


Teach me..

Already started the uploading of youtube

Here's your bump!


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-12 22:32:48


At 1/11/08 09:56 PM, kernalphage wrote: here's one of my more recent pieces... a bowler trophy.
for more examples check out my art thread, link's in the sig, too

specify pencils or photoshop.

That's pretty sweet, better than anything I can do.

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-12 23:43:50


At 1/12/08 10:32 PM, RockinPunk wrote: That's pretty sweet, better than anything I can do.

thanks!

anyone have any more things they want drawn?

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-12 23:44:52


Draw a chibi version of yourself. =D


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-13 12:20:36


At 1/12/08 11:44 PM, Searp3nt wrote: Draw a chibi version of yourself. =D

viola!

i haven't touched flash in awhile... good to see i still remember how to use it.

anyone else?

damn school uniform.

I need the practice...

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-13 13:24:23


draw a squirrel pimp slapping a pidgeon ho.

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-13 13:40:33


your anatomy and line of action is really nice. You have a great style too. Just keep going with this. ^^ I think it looks great.


If you can't stand the heat then don't tickle the dragon

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-13 14:02:32


At 1/13/08 01:40 PM, Draconianspirit wrote: your anatomy and line of action is really nice. You have a great style too. Just keep going with this. ^^ I think it looks great.

I disagree, i think that's what wrong with the pictures themselves ( The anatomy ). It seems to throw the pictures out of focus and makes them look like blobs off mess, That said your colouring is amazing :D so just work on the anatomy.


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-13 14:31:52


At 1/13/08 02:02 PM, Darkaxl wrote:
At 1/13/08 01:40 PM, Draconianspirit wrote: your anatomy and line of action is really nice. You have a great style too. Just keep going with this. ^^ I think it looks great.
I disagree, i think that's what wrong with the pictures themselves ( The anatomy ). It seems to throw the pictures out of focus and makes them look like blobs off mess, That said your colouring is amazing :D so just work on the anatomy.

anatomy, wrong? why i .... okay. that is what's wrong.

especially the umbrella guy, i just kinda threw a few lines down and hoped for the best.

but what intrests me is that you say the coloring is good.
again, that was more of a... basecolorshadowsmudge-smudge-smudge kinda thing.

workin on the squirrel pimp.

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-13 21:50:15


At 1/13/08 01:24 PM, ElMagico wrote: draw a squirrel pimp slapping a pidgeon ho.

ohkay... now that im making it... thats kinda creepy.

i changed it to a rabbit.... tried to make it funny... rushed it awfully.

its tough tryin to put boobs onto a bird.

I need the practice...

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-14 21:16:10


as this thread is FAST becoming another ghost town...

here's a request from my friend...
him wielding a light-saber and a portal gun. fighting a grue.

nerd points if you know what each is from...

I NEED SUGGESTIONS

</capslok>

I need the practice...

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-15 16:30:42


a day and a page... please, this thread can't survive without input.

i'll draw you!!

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-17 01:23:48


You might not have gotten my PM, so I'll put it here. A madness character with a human body. You can see how it would look shaped if you read my PM.


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-17 02:14:05


photoshop

draw mr. vaginaface

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-17 02:29:37


Draw a poster about the just-made-up-on-the-spot-right-now movie "Quarter Pounder: No Pickles"
Be creative

BUT MUST INCLUDE:

- Somebody smoking
- A McDonalds
- A skiier
- A nuke

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-17 06:50:29


At 1/17/08 02:29 AM, McJesus wrote: Draw a poster about the just-made-up-on-the-spot-right-now movie "Quarter Pounder: No Pickles"

is that a sequel?

Be creative

of course.

BUT MUST INCLUDE:
- Somebody smoking

villian probably.

- A McDonalds

villian again, they're evil.

- A skiier

main character(s)

- A nuke

hmm... disguised as a burger maybe?

and for the post above that... i'm gonna try to keep the thread pg 14... public access or something, about what you'd find on g4... bla bla BLAH

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-17 07:05:46


Your stuff is pretty sweet dude. So I'm bookmarking this one :p

And a suggestion for a full page strip.... Draw a stoner looking out his window (On the left side of the page) saying "Ohh Shit E.T. it's Border Patrol!" E.T. is running towards a dogie door (On the right side of the page.

Couldn't come up with any original suggestins, so I figured I'd give the basics of something my friend drew a long time ago.


BBS Signature

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-18 18:10:00


At 1/17/08 01:23 AM, RedDreadSky wrote: You might not have gotten my PM, so I'll put it here. A madness character with a human body. You can see how it would look shaped if you read my PM.

yeah... sorry that took so long... i had midterms all this week, and finally had a good art session.

its... more of a golem, but has the X and the mannequin shape-ness.

i love that glow... took like 4-10 layers to get it right enough.

I need the practice...

Response to I need the practice... 2008-01-23 14:34:54


At 1/13/08 09:50 PM, kernalphage wrote:
At 1/13/08 01:24 PM, ElMagico wrote: draw a squirrel pimp slapping a pidgeon ho.
ohkay... now that im making it... thats kinda creepy.

i changed it to a rabbit.... tried to make it funny... rushed it awfully.
its tough tryin to put boobs onto a bird.

yes.