00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Where are the red under judgements?

710 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I have been depositing my exp for these past months, and this last month and a half or so I haven't seen a single under judgement flash marked red.

Am I just on the portal at the wrong times, are users rating higher than usual or is it broken?

Why is this?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Where are the red under judgements? 2008-01-08 15:35:54

Submissions at the 'verge of death' (red highlighted) are often blammed shortly after gaining that status. I've seen some today as it happens, but for me it's only every now and again that I actually see a flash at the verge of death.

Anyway, it's not broken or anything like that. I think generally less submissions are blammed these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Where are the red under judgements? 2008-01-08 15:36:18

It´s deffinatly not broken. I´ve seen several over the past few weeks. I guess you´re just on the portal at the wrong times.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Where are the red under judgements? 2008-01-08 17:12:08

At 1/8/08 03:35 PM, NEVR wrote: Anyway, it's not broken or anything like that. I think generally less submissions are blammed these days.

Well, it's not only that, but flash gets a lot more votes these days. Years ago, before the blam/protect system, there would be many submissions that would only get about 50 or so votes before falling off the recent 50 without even passing judgement.

You could see quite a bit of verge of death submissions back then. And that was when the cutoffs were only 25, 50, 75, and 100 votes with a certain required score. They would also hover for quite a bit, as verge of death would appear at maybe 5 votes away (I'm not sure of the exact number) and you would only get blams by being the 25th, 50th, 75th, or 100th voter with the flash under the required threshold. Because of this, a lot of people wanted the blam, and would hold back from voting on it. So it would hover at about 48 for quite a while since people didn't wnat to be the 49th and let someone else get the blam.

So going from getting maybe 50 votes while it's on the recent 50 for a few hours, to getting 200 within a half hour or so these days, you see the verge of death thing a lot less. Also, because people don't need to be THE one to blam it to get the point, and can't even tell how many votes it has, they don't hold back and everyone blams it in the short time it's at verge of death.

Those who fight Kid only seek to amuse him.

BBS Signature