00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who uses Garageband here at NG?

17,715 Views | 335 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-09 17:41:35

Hey Quarl, what do you think honestly about my songs? Are they noobish, decent, good, great, or fantastic? And please don't judge them just because they are made with Garageband. =B

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-09 17:42:51

FatKid, all of your music clips or is dissonant, from what I've heard.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-09 18:37:16

I love how this kid zerobombed me because i told him how it is.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-09 19:14:32

At 1/9/08 05:42 PM, endlessnumber wrote: FatKid, all of your music clips or is dissonant, from what I've heard.

Uh... What? First of all I didn't "zerobomb" you. ANd second of all, No one has ever said that so You are obviously mis-understanding something. Please do not make false interpretations.

But thanks anyway! =P

Now then, can the person who I was directing the question to answer my question instead of some random guy?

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-09 20:34:45

I have perfect pitch and good headphones, there's no "misinterpretation" when my cans buzz wildly or when you have major 2nd intervals going all over the place.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-09 20:38:29

hey whats going on ppl i just wanted to know idf yall could go and review my music i just loaded i would like to know what yall thoughts are please Id appreciate it a million thanks

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-09 22:48:26

At 1/9/08 08:34 PM, endlessnumber wrote: I have perfect pitch and good headphones, there's no "misinterpretation" when my cans buzz wildly or when you have major 2nd intervals going all over the place.

Well, obviously there is, because my songs don't have any buzzing in them. =) It might be your headphones or speakers. No one else has mentioned that sorry.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-09 23:11:05

It's entirely possible that every person who has cared enough to leave comments is using shitty laptop speakers. It's also entirely possible that you are as well, seeing as you use sub-par software like Garageband.

Here's my argument. I don't *care* if you can do all the stuff you can do in FL or Reason or Cubase or Logic with Garageband - you can't do it as well and you are LIMITED. DUMBED DOWN. Someone who makes a mediocre song in GB is not living proof that it is on the same level as real software or anything like that. All else being equal (skill level, inspiration, time of familiarity, experience, etc.) a FL user will always outdo a GB user because it's just less restrained. And FL is free, didn't you know? Soulja Boy made his entire album using the demo.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 01:07:30

At 1/9/08 05:41 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Hey Quarl, what do you think honestly about my songs? Are they noobish, decent, good, great, or fantastic? And please don't judge them just because they are made with Garageband. =B

DRUNKEN POST ALERT!!!!!

lol, with that in mind...*hic up*...ummm... you work is not really complicated or interesting. It's simple and really easy to re create, but nice to chill out too. You do use presets, give me that. Really aside from that one song that was almost entirely a free song with a few samples thrown about, your work does show some potental, but you should try adding some variety, try programming some drums, try working with some faster melodies, DUDE,.... uhhh... send me a pm and I'll help you... I have a lot of expierience with garage band. Really, we can even collab if you want. I can program some drums and stuff. It's not a big deal. Just contact me. I've helped other newgrounds users with garage band, and I can help you, just damn it, send me a pm. I'd hate to see another track like "run with me" squeeze through he audio portal. It's not fair when people submit songs like that...bah...

END DRUNK POST!

quarl BandCamp

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 02:23:52

I USE GARAGEBAND!!

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 03:45:20

I use Garageband. It is not the best audio program in the whole world. But it is very very very good for its price, which is free. The only real issue I have with it is the fact that it does not allow you to change tempo in the middle of the song. Other then that, it has customizable instruments (all of mine come from scratch), plenty of engines, decent recording software, and I think up to 32 tracks. Maybe more. And anybody who says Garageband is void of creativity probably doesn't know how to imput MIDI info. Its apple+click. And for evidence of creativity, look at the difference between my song "Hold Me" and "Disconnected."
(HA, Shameless plug)

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 11:29:05

Well see, that's the thing, I don't use samples, you think that I do because you listened to my earlier noobish songs. But lol, it IS a drunken post so it didn't make much since. XD

And most of the reviews people leave me say that my music has potential, but ehh, I don't need EVERYbody to be on my side.

Peace.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 13:05:06

Sibelius 5.

BCCL '07 '08 '09 '10

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 13:57:29

At 1/10/08 01:05 PM, HashBrownJM wrote: Sibelius 5.

Is that a program? Or a audio component.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 14:38:02

At 1/9/08 08:18 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: That's cool, so how does the program work with drawing notes?

I read up a little... supposedly a black line is an input stream, and you need to design all of your synths from scratch using DSP Math... Yes, its hard.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 17:25:26

No doubt you don't use samples except for that one track, but you do use presets which are, the instruments that are with in garage band that come all ready set up such as the cosmic reflection or falling star synth pads. Play with the instruments sliders, or generate a new one. Record some stuff, build some drums. You're original work is too simple.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 17:41:04

OH! That is what you mean, but most authors do that them selfs, I mean, an electric guitar sounds like an electric guitar man, why should I be blammed for that? A start synth sounds like a star synth, you don't really expect me to make my own instrument do you? Noone does that lol. I DO make my own synth besides the star pad, but still, I get much fan mail, and that is what I am here for. As long as people like the way my music sounds, I am OK with it. I am not taking any shortcuts either, It has taken me a long time to learn how to do this stuff. thanks for all your help Quarl.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 17:42:46

I read up a little... supposedly a black line is an input stream, and you need to design all of your synths from scratch using DSP Math... Yes, its hard.

Sweet, that is why I like Garageband, because you can make your own synths with a couple of clicks from the mouse, and some audio componets that are only about 200KB.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 18:08:26

Does Garageband have an oscillator?

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 18:43:16

At 1/10/08 06:08 PM, endlessnumber wrote: Does Garageband have an oscillator?

It has a single synth, with options for waveforms like "Analog Sync" among other things. So it takes no skill to use (unlike 3xOsc) unless you have AUs.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 19:17:47

At 1/9/08 11:11 PM, endlessnumber wrote: And FL is free, didn't you know? Soulja Boy made his entire album using the demo.

Except GarageBand presets sound better than FL presets, and I would much rather listen to a newfag song made on GarageBand than anything made with FL presets and has some ignorant fuck saying YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU a lot.

Rhetorical question or are you serious? If you're serious, no.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 19:39:57

Souldja boy's noise is crap. Just because of that fact, I wouldn't use FL to save my life.

BBS Signature

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 19:52:03

At 1/10/08 07:39 PM, MJTTOMB wrote: Souldja boy's noise is crap. Just because of that fact, I wouldn't use FL to save my life.

Hypocrite. You didn't want us to stereotype Garageband, because you said it was varied, and now you are stereotyping FL Studio based on a single artist. If you've ever tried FL, you'd know it was a lot more than Soulja Boy's crap.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 19:57:12

You know, i think the title is "Who Uses Garageband Here At NG?"
and not "OMFG GARAGBAND SUCKS OMFG FL SUX!!!!""
oh yeah, and listen to my stuff for examples and things...

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 20:07:32

At 1/10/08 07:57 PM, mkron wrote: You know, i think the title is "Who Uses Garageband Here At NG?"

It's evolved into that. Read the whole thread before criticizing our discussions.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 20:10:42

Whereas Soulja Boy probably couldn't have released a good track with the free, full version of Garageband, he did so with the demo version of FL. Crank Dat is catchy and gets stuck in your head, regardless of how quickly it was thrown together.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 21:27:31

At 1/10/08 08:10 PM, endlessnumber wrote: good track

He still didn't. Even though I may hate Garageband, I gotta defend it in this case. Garageband isn't pure garbage, but saying FL's presets and Soulja Boy make it look like crap is bullshit. Now I'm not saying Garageband is good now or anything, but Soulja Boy could've easily made his songs with Garageband and it still would've been as popular.

tl;dr: Soulja Boy sucks.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-10 21:44:47

The fact that GarageBand does not have an oscillator (let alone a triple oscillator) makes it completely useless to me, since I make all of my synths myself.

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-11 01:32:37

At 1/10/08 09:44 PM, endlessnumber wrote: The fact that GarageBand does not have an oscillator (let alone a triple oscillator) makes it completely useless to me, since I make all of my synths myself.

Some people make their own synths, some people make their own melodies, some people create this or they create that. I guess what it all comes down to is whether or not the creative process is honest. The only time I'm truly disgusted by a song is when it's a blatent rip off, when there's no soul in it ( or when it's all about the money) or when the work is stolen. I can't stand lazy artists.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Who uses Garageband here at NG? 2008-01-11 13:40:27

At 1/10/08 07:57 PM, mkron wrote: You know, i think the title is "Who Uses Garageband Here At NG?"

Not nesecarilly, many think it is a good program as well.

Yes.