New Topic Respond to this Topic
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-26 09:44:33 Reply

At 1/25/08 11:27 PM, Strik3Mast3r wrote: Ok, here's my problem. I got banned when submitting my first ever audio to the portal... I clicked the submit button (after i had uploaded the song and everything) it said i was banned......... Is that supposed to happen? I cant submit anything...

Wasn't your audio at all. So in short = fail and banned. The NG AP is for audio YOU made YOURSELF not for audio YOU like. End of story.

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!
...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-26 09:57:34 Reply

This made me lul. Poor Wade.

The only people I will feel sorrier for are the poor audio mods that will have to deal with the flood of garbage as soon the new system goes up..

Unless it involves an idiot-blasting autoban cannon that mows down the trash as it is submitted.

Or whistle points and exp. I just am too lazy to browse flash sometimes I'm afraid.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Strik3Mast3r
Strik3Mast3r
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-28 04:29:34 Reply

I havnt submitted any song to NG yet... how can i get banned... i didnt even get to post my song up... it said i was banned...

UltimateCyprien
UltimateCyprien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-28 04:59:46 Reply

Banning their asses won't scare them off enough Wade, if they were caught in the act of uploading stolen material (and they do it again once the ban is over) I'd be a proponent of a complete audio ban where they can't upload any songs anymore at all. Now that, would scare them off.

WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-28 05:06:59 Reply

At 1/28/08 04:59 AM, UltimateCyprien wrote: Banning their asses won't scare them off enough Wade, if they were caught in the act of uploading stolen material (and they do it again once the ban is over) I'd be a proponent of a complete audio ban where they can't upload any songs anymore at all. Now that, would scare them off.

That's what they do right now. Except that there's no way to ban someone after the first submission is cleared. And some people might be ignorant enough to upload their first song that breaks the rules, but after that, they might actually try to make some proper audio, so a temporary ban is in the best interest, as if they upload stolen stuff more than once, I doubt it'd just be a slap on the wrist and a short ban. I mean, stealing audio is stealing audio, surely the temporary bans will be a lot longer than a review or BBS ban, it just won't last forever.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-28 18:20:01 Reply

At 1/28/08 04:29 AM, Strik3Mast3r wrote: I havnt submitted any song to NG yet... how can i get banned... i didnt even get to post my song up... it said i was banned...

READ THE FUCKING THREAD ALREADY!

Wasn't your audio at all. So in short = fail and banned. The NG AP is for audio YOU made YOURSELF not for audio YOU like. End of story.

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!
...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature
DJmaGni
DJmaGni
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-28 19:50:23 Reply

May we still PM you just to say "hi?"

Now known as: StupibleThwomp

Sinvader
Sinvader
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-28 23:45:53 Reply

At 12/3/07 12:57 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 12/3/07 12:55 PM, RigAudio wrote: Most of those guys don't even know the Audio Forum exists :P
Probably. I know this is probably a vein attempt. Shame we can't swing a Super Bowl commercial with me cursing out these people. :)

FAIL

BBS Signature
TheGoldenYoshi
TheGoldenYoshi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-30 15:11:01 Reply

first, i really hope the unban thing sets in soon. i have alot of original work i wanted to submit.
second, wade, i'm very sorry for bothering you

Become a Friend of the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus (FOTPNWTO)!

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-30 15:12:34 Reply

At 1/28/08 07:50 PM, DJmaGni wrote: May we still PM you just to say "hi?"

Only if you send a check in the mail

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Spike66
Spike66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-30 16:09:58 Reply

Wade, your post made me laugh my ass off!

loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-01-30 18:08:52 Reply

At 12/3/07 12:57 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I know this is probably a vein attempt. Shame we can't swing a Super Bowl commercial with me cursing out these people. :)

mabye we can.
Rig, get me a mallet and some cookies...we've got work to do.

sbizznaz
sbizznaz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 14:26:31 Reply

DAMN IS THIS SYSTEM EVER GONNA GO LIVE, JEEZ!

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 14:45:13 Reply

At 4/30/08 02:26 PM, sbizznaz wrote: DAMN IS THIS SYSTEM EVER GONNA GO LIVE, JEEZ!

I'm sure there's alot of beta testing and very, very top secret tests happening with our brand new home.

In other words, probably not but hey, extreme amounts of alchahol and naked twister sounds like fun.. right?

yea

kidray76
kidray76
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 15:00:07 Reply

At 4/30/08 02:26 PM, sbizznaz wrote: DAMN IS THIS SYSTEM EVER GONNA GO LIVE, JEEZ!

Hey man, shit takes time. Be patient and things will come as they are ready.

Besides, only people having problem with the current system are the rule breakers. So as long as your not one of them, shouldn't matter how long it takes since it won't apply DIRECTLY to you.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature
LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 15:06:27 Reply

And the endless calls for something that will eliminate bombing. Has been a long time though, maybe an update thread to stun the whining idiots.

yea

hellsmaw18
hellsmaw18
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 15:22:34 Reply

ah, Wade, maybe when someone submits audio for the first time, there should be a big old popup box with all the rules and regs and boxes at the bottom for putting in thier username and password for agreeing with the rules and regs. just a thought. i too am tired of seeing copyrighted material on this glorious site. maybe these dumbfucks will learn to not be a pirate one of these days. if they want to be pirates, they should "walk the plank."

kidray76
kidray76
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 15:40:07 Reply

At 4/30/08 03:22 PM, hellsmaw18 wrote: ah, Wade, maybe when someone submits audio for the first time, there should be a big old popup box with all the rules and regs and boxes at

Ugh, there are already is a pop saying pretty much that. Before they can submit, they have to check off the box saying they agree with the agreement and conditions. If they do not, a pop comes and says they have to preventing it from being submitted.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature
LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 16:04:05 Reply

At 4/30/08 03:40 PM, kidray76 wrote:
At 4/30/08 03:22 PM, hellsmaw18 wrote: ah, Wade, maybe when someone submits audio for the first time, there should be a big old popup box with all the rules and regs and boxes at
Ugh, there are already is a pop saying pretty much that. Before they can submit, they have to check off the box saying they agree with the agreement and conditions. If they do not, a pop comes and says they have to preventing it from being submitted.

But how often do people read rules? Havn't you ever skipped past the rules when you've joined a site? Just clicked accept and havn't bothered. I know I have once or twice. If it involves reading, people just don't want to do it. It's a factor of life. I think a punching glove coming out the computer screen and breaking their nose if they neglect to read the rules.

yea

Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 16:23:19 Reply

At 4/30/08 04:04 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote:
But how often do people read rules? Havn't you ever skipped past the rules when you've joined a site? Just clicked accept and havn't bothered. I know I have once or twice. If it involves reading, people just don't want to do it. It's a factor of life. I think a punching glove coming out the computer screen and breaking their nose if they neglect to read the rules.

But when it comes to copyright infringements, and yes yes...some people have "acquired" shit loads of music/movies in a non Eff Bee Eye friendly way...but, maybe the rules should say..."If newgrounds gets sued, because you couldn't read the fucking rules, they will give your I.P. addy to Bad Man, and he'll come burn your house down when you sleep"

Lazy fuckers.

BBS Signature
LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 17:56:05 Reply

But when it comes to copyright infringements, and yes yes...some people have "acquired" shit loads of music/movies in a non Eff Bee Eye friendly way...but, maybe the rules should say..."If newgrounds gets sued, because you couldn't read the fucking rules, they will give your I.P. addy to Bad Man, and he'll come burn your house down when you sleep"

Lazy fuckers.

I don't think death even scares these people anymore. Maybe we should send letters to their mothers. Tell them that their children could be arrested. The only thing they're afraid of is mummy screaming and taking away their pocket money.

yea

p4c
p4c
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-04-30 19:28:02 Reply

newgrounds new motto should be "RTFM!!"

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-05-02 19:04:39 Reply

I don't feel sorry for new users.

Ive seen so much shit in the vg genre - and everywhere else - that I wish the bans were actually more stringant - in fact - you should be able to ban someone just because they suck - but thats my opinion.

Also, I think the vg genre needs mods.

and you guys need content filters - for example - not receive any emails that has the words " why was I banned" all in one sentence :P

in retrospect it really is hard sometimes to tell in vg if something is actually stolen..
HouseMasta
HouseMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-05-02 19:18:03 Reply

At 5/2/08 07:04 PM, Chronamut wrote: Also, I think the vg genre needs mods.

*cough* points to self

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-05-02 20:17:24 Reply

there are no genre-specific moderators. lewlz

Wakka wakka

Nintechno
Nintechno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-05-02 20:37:35 Reply

At 1/30/08 06:08 PM, loogiesquared wrote: mabye we can.
Rig, get me a mallet and some cookies...we've got work to do.

nice

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-05-02 21:49:54 Reply

At 5/2/08 08:17 PM, Rucklo wrote: there are no genre-specific moderators. lewlz

well there SHOULD be

lawlz :P

Bob1234567890X
Bob1234567890X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-05-26 09:39:38 Reply

At 12/3/07 02:26 PM, WadeFulp wrote: BTW, Audio Portal bans should be cleared when the new system goes live. I think we're waiting to clear the old bans until then. Forgot about that. :)

OMG thank u!!!!!

zedd56
zedd56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-09-13 17:44:50 Reply

man, at first i thought i could get some help here
but since both wade and tom don't answer any pm's (i know they're probably busy....), and wade only made two fucking posts after dropping this thread, i don't think posting here is gonna do me any good.

Anyways, maybe one of you other guys who still checks this shit can help me out:

I've submitted audio to the portal for the first time.
It was a remix of the original tetris song, BUT i made it purely from SCRATCH. No edited tracks, no downloading was involved at all. I made it on FL Studio, and here is what it sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvq1jn1G sA

I've put it on youtube, as you can see :/

Now, i want to know, can you be banned for remixing an original track if you made it from scratch? If not, i was wronged >:|

If so, then fuck, when do the ban clearings start T^T

Maltloaf
Maltloaf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Portal Bans - Stop Pm'ing Me! 2008-09-13 18:28:55 Reply

At 9/13/08 05:44 PM, zedd56 wrote: It was a remix of the original tetris song, BUT i made it purely from SCRATCH. No edited tracks, no downloading was involved at all. I made it on FL Studio, and here is what it sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvq1jn1G sA

Now, i want to know, can you be banned for remixing an original track if you made it from scratch?

Yup. Might not want to be what you want to hear, but the rule is no copyright violations. That doesn't just mean sampling without permission or uploading spice girls tracks - covering someone elses work (what you're doing) is also a violation of law if you don't have explicit permission from the copyright holder.

Seems the rules are selectively enforced on Newgrounds though.