00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Last.Fm Club

516,606 Views | 9,303 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-10 13:49:45

Sudden influx of adverts on LastFM? I've had audio ads and pop out ads for the first time today. The audio ones had me wondering where the noise was coming from. Hope this isn't going to become a regular occurrence.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-10 15:19:59

At 2/10/11 11:19 AM, Dean wrote: But don't you like having authentic hard copies of media? I'm the same with all media, really. Games, CDs and DVDs. I always prefer to buy the physical item. I like having a collection of something more than just digital files on a hard drive.

I've got so much crap in my room that I'm not convinced I need more stuff to sit on shelves and be pretty though. Especially when it's infinity times more expensive than my current method.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-10 15:28:59

At 2/10/11 12:23 PM, Bahamut wrote:
This is sadly so. I find it harder and harder to find something for a reasonable price in HMV. When I see them selling albums for £15 or HIGHER

I buy my CD's on the internet. HMV's CD's are always usually double or more of the prices of the same CD's I see on Amazon. And I usually can't find what I want in HMV, or its physical stores anyway.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-10 15:52:34

Omg seven more days of my life

Last.Fm Club

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-10 17:23:30

I tend to reserve 'pirating' for songs I can't buy offline like anything imported or something like that.

It's not that I feel guilty or anything its just that I want to be safe I guess and don't like how iffy mp3 files i've downloaded online have been in the past for me.

Besides, like BBM said, Youtube has just about every song you could ask for so it's not a big deal for me.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-10 18:11:35

At 2/10/11 03:19 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I've got so much crap in my room that I'm not convinced I need more stuff to sit on shelves and be pretty though. Especially when it's infinity times more expensive than my current method.

I'm with BBM on this one, as a college student on campus, there isn't a tonne of spare space in my room, and I can think of a lot more important things to put there than CDs that just sit there and waste space, perhaps making themselves useful as a coaster for my beer every so often.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-10 18:50:25

At 2/10/11 12:23 PM, Bahamut wrote: This is sadly so. I find it harder and harder to find something for a reasonable price in HMV. When I see them selling albums for £15 or HIGHER, it makes me think "It's shit like this why people illegally download music." I'm doing what I can to support the shop since it's the only big music shop left in the country and one of the very few shops I feel like going to but they're going downhill with many shops closing recently. I wouldn't be surprised if HMV disappears within 5 years time.

Funny you should mention that, I was in town the other day and decided to go to HMV and browse to kill some time, almost walked straight into the door. Turns out it's closed down, I wouldn't even give them 5 years.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-10 19:42:11

Got a few songs that I remember liking as a kid.

Gotta scrobble the fuck out of them.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-11 00:33:54

At 2/10/11 07:42 PM, HighWay wrote: Got a few songs that I remember liking as a kid.

Gotta scrobble the fuck out of them.

Which songs would those be? Come on, share with us. Don't be shy now.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-11 03:56:47

At 2/10/11 03:28 PM, JaY11 wrote: I buy my CD's on the internet. HMV's CD's are always usually double or more of the prices of the same CD's I see on Amazon. And I usually can't find what I want in HMV, or its physical stores anyway.

I usually buy CDs on Amazon or eBay if the desired CD is either too expensive in HMV or isn't even there in the first place. Amazon and eBay are also why HMV is going downhill but that's really hard to avoid.

At 2/10/11 06:50 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Funny you should mention that, I was in town the other day and decided to go to HMV and browse to kill some time, almost walked straight into the door. Turns out it's closed down, I wouldn't even give them 5 years.

They've closed some shops to hope their business stays alive longer. You're unfortunate there for having one local shop going down. There's one in Liverpool that also closed down but the additional shop was redundant ever since Liverpool One opened.

At 2/10/11 07:42 PM, HighWay wrote: Got a few songs that I remember liking as a kid.

I remember liking the War of the Worlds album as a kid. Had to go back and listen to it. Great times I had back then!

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-11 04:45:08

At 2/10/11 11:27 AM, EternitySpent wrote: I am 100% in favour of pirating music.

Buy band paraphernalia or concert tickets if you are generally concerned with supporting a particular artist. Artists get such a small % of the profit on each album sale, that it is really the major labels and middle men that pirating fucks over, which I feel I can do with a totally clear conscience.

Not every label works the same though. Major ones? Sure, I don't really have a problem with them losing money. It's their own fault that they have done nothing but whine about piracy for ~15 years. But what about people like NG's own Kingbastard who are really just starting out and selling their music from bandcamp and doing no live shows? Would you pirate their music? Or is it just popular bands?

And what do people think of pirating dead musicians' music? I mean, their family would be only getting a tiny cut of royalties. And frankly, they did nothing to earn it.

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-11 08:17:40

At 2/11/11 03:56 AM, Bahamut wrote:
They've closed some shops to hope their business stays alive longer. You're unfortunate there for having one local shop going down. There's one in Liverpool that also closed down but the additional shop was redundant ever since Liverpool One opened.

I've been to the one in Liverpool, it has a surprising amount of CDs at quite reasonable prices. But it's a lot bigger than my local one.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-11 15:04:43

Why hello there.

Last.Fm Club

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-11 15:23:36

At 2/11/11 08:17 AM, JaY11 wrote: I've been to the one in Liverpool, it has a surprising amount of CDs at quite reasonable prices. But it's a lot bigger than my local one.

I imagine it to be one of the three biggest HMV stores in the UK. However, I much prefer the one in Manchester and obviously Oxford Street. Hell, I save any HMV gift cards I get for London.

At 2/11/11 03:04 PM, SomaGuye wrote: Why hello there.

LOL! My sister is in the top listeners as well. We both really dig that band, especially The August Engine. Any metal fan here (I know, not too many here but still) should give it a listen.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-11 22:57:32

Last 7 days.

I pretty well stuck with Death From Above 1979 and The Social Network soundtrack this week. Next week I'm going to be listening to the new Trail of Dead album like mad. Just listened through the whole thing once and it's incredible. I've also got the new White Lies album to listen to.

Last.Fm Club

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 00:01:56

I discovered Turmion Katilot this week, a Finnish Industrial Metal band. If anyone here likes Industrial, or Metal, give them a try, they're really good.

also if anyone finds anything that sounds like them, I do want.

Reached 3,000 tracks today too. 3,000th track was Turmion Kätilöt - Pirun Nyrkki

Has only been 6 days, but whatever.

Last.Fm Club

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 14:56:16

a mixture of movie and video game soundtracks and nwa and other stuff.

Last.Fm Club

None

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 15:59:24

So this Russian guy in a prog metal band added me on last.fm and the music is pretty good. everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 18:57:24

Another busy week of music.

Last.Fm Club

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 19:27:31

At 2/12/11 06:57 PM, Dean wrote: Another busy week of music.

I'll say.

Last.Fm Club

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 20:35:59

PC decides to not recognise iPod after I upgrade to vista, 2 months of scrobbling gone to shit. >_>

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 21:22:12

At 2/12/11 07:27 PM, Oliver wrote:
I'll say.

And not a single artist that I'm familiar with.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 21:27:28

At 2/12/11 09:22 PM, Dean wrote:
I'll say.

Heh, I recognise The Mars Volta... but that's about it.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 21:36:47

Whoa what? This is what happens when I let my friend borrow my ipod and it gets scrobbled after a few months of not being plugged in.

Last.Fm Club

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 21:48:26

I'll say.

No Mastodon? Bro, you're slipping.

At 2/12/11 09:36 PM, SineRider wrote:
Whoa what? This is what happens when I let my friend borrow my ipod and it gets scrobbled after a few months of not being plugged in.

Lol Killswitch Engage.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 22:00:50

At 2/12/11 09:22 PM, Dean wrote:
At 2/12/11 07:27 PM, Oliver wrote: I'll say.

I know The Mars Volta, and Deadmau5, because he's been in Australia, and one of my friends is a massive fan.

Oh, and Mechabloby?

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 22:50:11

I'll say.

I find it hard to listen to Ratatat so much. I get bored of them if I hear more than one of their albums every couple of weeks. Which is weird, because I fucking love them when I do hear them.

Also I saw them live last month and they were damn cool.

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 22:52:35

I'll say.

Still with the JSRF I see.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-12 23:22:34

At 2/12/11 08:04 PM, Yert wrote: So far:
Leprosy > Spiritual Healing > Human > Scream Bloody Gore

Awesome dude, I agree with Leprosy being better than t hem all, but I would say,

Leprosy > Scream Bloody Gore > Human > Spiritual Healing

At 2/12/11 08:35 PM, Obvious-M wrote: PC decides to not recognise iPod after I upgrade to vista, 2 months of scrobbling gone to shit. >_>

Well that must fucking suck. Sorry dude.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2011-02-13 00:08:16

I've really been getting into Interpol lately. Anyone else like 'em?

Last.Fm Club