00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask Your Audacity Questions

4,109 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-10-28 20:01:31

There have been quite a few Audacity question threads, so I figured that there should be a big thread for it.

Here, you can ask any questions you have about it, or leave some helpful tips that might be helpful in making some cool effects, or recording techniques to get good sounding voices for songs and flash animations.

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-10-29 11:05:19

i think there already is a thread of this /:)

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-10-29 12:06:02

At 10/29/07 11:05 AM, hellsmaw18 wrote: i think there already is a thread of this /:)

then give an argument (linky)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-12-02 08:34:21

Well I have NO IDEA how to use it, it really confuses me...

Hello I am Guy......ZOMFG RACIST DETECTED

BBS Signature

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-12-02 12:31:17

At 12/2/07 08:34 AM, Guy5250 wrote: Well I have NO IDEA how to use it, it really confuses me...

I find it quite simple to use compared to some other audio programs I've tried. What is it exactly you have trouble with?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-12-02 15:43:36

At 12/2/07 12:31 PM, Solidone wrote:
At 12/2/07 08:34 AM, Guy5250 wrote: Well I have NO IDEA how to use it, it really confuses me...
I find it quite simple to use compared to some other audio programs I've tried. What is it exactly you have trouble with?

I dont know what to do when u get to the main screen. Its just a bunch of options the help screen doesnt help me with and a gray screen. Basically, how do i start? What do I do first to make something?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-12-02 16:33:00

u can only record on audacity really. You can't make jack.

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-12-02 18:30:22

oh, ok. i figured it out, but i thought it was a music composing program. I can still use it though, since i have a mic and some instruments.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-12-03 09:50:40

At 12/2/07 06:30 PM, Guy5250 wrote: oh, ok. i figured it out, but i thought it was a music composing program. I can still use it though, since i have a mic and some instruments.

There are basicly 3 resources you can use to compose music on your computer. Recordings, Midi, and loops. With the right plugins audacity can use all three. Recordings are easy to do in Audacity just press the record button, apply the nessasary noise and eq filters to clean it up and trim it to right lenght. For midi you need to have some sort of midi plugin or midi device but you can put midi tracks into Audacity, I have yet to find a free midi plugin that works with Audacity, but if you can get ahold of one than great. Pre recorded loops can also be used in ACID, just set snapping on (edit->snap-to->Snap On), and copy paste to make them loop. Their are plenty of places you can buy loops, their are also some sites where you can get free ones like looperman.com

WUML Lowell 91.5 FM - Real Underground Radio

BBS Signature

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-12-03 10:30:58

I haven't found a lot I can do in audacity that I can't do in fruity loops, in fact there's somethings that I'm doing in FL because I don't know how to do them in audacity.
Such as: How to merge two separate audio clips together, I just import the mp3 in FL and arrange it how I want, but I can't add any new audio to the project once I've got my main audio clip opened in audacity.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Ask Your Audacity Questions 2007-12-03 12:00:09

At 12/3/07 10:30 AM, WritersBlock wrote: I haven't found a lot I can do in audacity that I can't do in fruity loops, in fact there's somethings that I'm doing in FL because I don't know how to do them in audacity.
Such as: How to merge two separate audio clips together, I just import the mp3 in FL and arrange it how I want, but I can't add any new audio to the project once I've got my main audio clip opened in audacity.

Prodject->Import Audio then navagate to the audio file you want to add. The files will automaticaly merge when you export. Lastly, never import in mp3 format, you loose alot of quality that way, the only time you should ever render a prodject as an mp3 is once it's completed.

WUML Lowell 91.5 FM - Real Underground Radio

BBS Signature