00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Diy Munny Competition

91,848 Views | 822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 16:55:31

i was on my way home and i stopped by an arts and crafts store.. they had like this fabric that sort of looks like a shag rug so i bought it because it might work perfectly for tricky's hair.

will post my findings when i try it

Ng Diy Munny Competition

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 17:34:53

Today is the first day I've had to paint this little sucker. He's drying now, so I'm gonna give you guys my progress so far before I go back out to finish the guy for the day.

Here I am with my new friend. He's a little racist but we get along okay.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 17:39:46

At 11/10/07 05:34 PM, The-Swain wrote: Today is the first day I've had to paint this little sucker. He's drying now, so I'm gonna give you guys my progress so far before I go back out to finish the guy for the day.

Here I am with my new friend. He's a little racist but we get along okay.

Hey dude, not sure if you've noticed but there's a hole in your ceiling

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 17:40:11

It's important that you go into this thing without a plan. That way when your finished piece looks like garbage, no one will suspect that you have no idea what you're doing.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 17:43:13

At 11/10/07 05:39 PM, fuzz wrote: Hey dude, not sure if you've noticed but there's a hole in your ceiling

I'm in Miami visiting the parents, and their house is being renovated. It's a great setup because I can get paint everywhere and no one gives a damn.

BELOW is my finished layout. He's eventually gonna look like my Cop character from Time Squad.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 17:51:34

At 11/10/07 05:43 PM, The-Swain wrote:
At 11/10/07 05:39 PM, fuzz wrote: Hey dude, not sure if you've noticed but there's a hole in your ceiling
I'm in Miami visiting the parents, and their house is being renovated. It's a great setup because I can get paint everywhere and no one gives a damn.

BELOW is my finished layout. He's eventually gonna look like my Cop character from Time Squad.

and there i was thinking youre gonna do a boob on legs

im rather dissapointed

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 18:02:24

I GOT REALLY DRUNK AND THEN MAYBE BEING HAVED SHOTTED GUN AT MUNNY.
FIRST PLACE.

BRB CHURCH.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 18:05:44

At 11/10/07 06:02 PM, Krinkels wrote: I GOT REALLY DRUNK AND THEN MAYBE BEING HAVED SHOTTED GUN AT MUNNY.
FIRST PLACE.

BRB CHURCH.

that's an awesome design

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 18:17:50

At 11/10/07 05:51 PM, zoy wrote: and there i was thinking youre gonna do a boob on legs

im rather dissapointed

Maybe if Luis had sent me two heads instead of one, I just might have. I'm just glad I didn't fall into the temptation of turning mine into Blockhead. That big round head is just a little too tempting to slather with yellow paint.

Here is the paint I started with instead, prepped for the first coat around the tunic, helmet, boots, and gloves. Taking pictures of my color ratios helps me to figure out how to duplicate the color if I need to paint with the same color in future sections (duh). Here we have variants of green, white, black, and umber. I added more yellow than this as I mixed. PROGRESS.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 18:22:18

And finally a shot of my dude in progress. He's almost totally covered in paint right now, and I've smoother the strokes out since then. More tomorrow, bye! <3

Ng Diy Munny Competition

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 18:34:06

seeing everyone start i suppose i should as well...

Ng Diy Munny Competition

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 18:37:09

At 11/10/07 06:34 PM, Luis wrote: seeing everyone start i suppose i should as well...

excuse me wtf are you doing?

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 18:38:34

...don't do it!

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 18:42:01

Lmao Swain, you have a goatee too. Finally im not the only one XD Good to see that youre having a good use of that t-shirt too.

My munny? Oh, well... its been 2 weeks and i still havent done anything to it. Goddamn it. Also need to learn how to mix acrylics. I am so lost.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 18:42:40

Wow, that clay looks great, I may do a similar thing with my Munny. Not with a dick though.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 19:15:59

I was gonna put the hair after i painted it but fuck it i got impatient.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 19:16:44

and heres the back

Ng Diy Munny Competition

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 19:40:37

I know it's late, but I suspect I would be too lazy to do it in real life anyway.
I went with something really simple.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 19:51:10

I bought two munnys for myself so I could enter this contest and just finished the first. I kinda dislike the outcome but that's why I bought two, so i could experiment with the first!

I used spray paint and acrylics.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 19:52:52

At 11/10/07 07:40 PM, Vousielle wrote: I know it's late, but I suspect I would be too lazy to do it in real life anyway.
I went with something really simple.

ITT: We post entries after the deadline.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 19:55:51

Sorry for double post but i forget to add that I realize my munny is different from the ones that you guys are using (before 10 people point it out) but I had no choice because these were the only type and size they sold at the art store near me. Hopefully the type/size of the Munny doesn't matter but if it does then i'll just keep them and maybe order the correct one offline.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 20:15:29

heh, im sure luis will accept it since it is a munny, i hope you didnt look stupid asking for a different type at the shop since the ones luis is using are not munnys but IWZL's completly different. I can see why luis didnt want to create any more confusion but tbh its created more lol :P

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 20:17:23

At 11/10/07 08:15 PM, fuzz wrote: heh, im sure luis will accept it since it is a munny

pretty sure luis said he wants only one type of munny.

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 20:20:47

At 11/10/07 08:17 PM, Dookiemaister wrote:
At 11/10/07 08:15 PM, fuzz wrote: heh, im sure luis will accept it since it is a munny

omg haha, see this is where the confusion has now been made lol not all vinyl figs are called munny's and infact the only person to have done a munny is the person i was talking to these are custom IWZL's that eceryone else has been doing. Anyone thats been looking online for a blank munny online is going to get something else.

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 21:27:21

At 11/10/07 08:20 PM, fuzz wrote:
At 11/10/07 08:17 PM, Dookiemaister wrote:
omg haha, see this is where the confusion has now been made lol not all vinyl figs are called munny's and infact the only person to have done a munny is the person i was talking to these are custom IWZL's that eceryone else has been doing. Anyone thats been looking online for a blank munny online is going to get something else.

I doubt anyone else is participating and the whole reason why i told people to not get the actual munny is because its like 25 dollars... which is way out of the budget of this project to supply 20 of those. anyway whatever who cares at this point.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 21:38:46

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 21:52:29

So far so good

Ng Diy Munny Competition

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 21:56:54

At 11/10/07 09:52 PM, Luis wrote: So far so good

I'm on my way to your house with massage oil and some scented candles. I love you.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 21:58:46

so are you using the primacolor acrylics to make that so smooth? my paint leaves a ton of streaks everywhere and no matter how many coats i put on it, its still not smooth.

wonder if they sell those paints in sets...

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Diy Munny Competition 2007-11-10 22:14:42

At 11/10/07 09:58 PM, Dookiemaister wrote:
so are you using the primacolor acrylics to make that so smooth? my paint leaves a ton of streaks everywhere and no matter how many coats i put on it, its still not smooth.
wonder if they sell those paints in sets...

what kind of brush are you using? if youre using thick bristle brushes like the ones made out of horse hair itll streak... those are made for acrylics but for painting like paintings and shit with em... im using watercolor brushes for it... it does ruin the brushes but whatever.

Some colors show streaks more than others also... like black for instance.
The key is being very patient like go one stroke and just wait till its completely dry before you go back to it otherwise youll streak it.

Mine has some brush strokes still.. the camera just hides em.. its not tooo noticeable tho. i did notice the colors arent as glossy as they are on the large 'real' munny.

Ng Diy Munny Competition

None

BBS Signature