00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW

4,529 Views | 71 Replies

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-28 13:34:55

shok makey mo' good tunes
http://www.mp3.com/lhm

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-28 13:53:32

Shok, You know I will be there, and I will try to get my girlie to go as well.

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-28 14:10:36

I see you won't be at the Philly/Camden show. But I checked the lineup, and I might be there anyway... or not. I guess I should pay for groceries first, huh?

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-28 16:01:03

At 6/20/01 08:31 AM, FDA wrote: http://pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=warped+tour

cut and paste that url into a browser... from July 3rd until the 23rd, I will be on the Warped tour with the DUB PISTOLS. This is a much better tour for me in many more ways than one. Hopefully I will be able to still meet many of you whilest on the road! I will not have as much free time with this tour, however this is the case for now.

I am not certain about guest listing at this current time, however please add your names, aim names as well as email and your date and show location in a reply to this post and I will do my best to get you and a guest a free pass, perhaps back stage!!!!

Other news is that I was hired by a broadcasting company to create my own weekly radio show!!!! I will be working out al; the details once I return from this tour. What I do know is that it will eventually also air over the internet and will feature a large selection of songs, talk topics as well as guest interviews.... I wanted to make sure you all knew. If anyone from the Los Angeles and nearby area would like to assist me, great!!!

Lastly, I added more songs onto http:www.mp3.com/zeitmahl unfortunately mp3.com/fda still does not have the new mp3 FDAFDAFDANOW.mp3 however by hopping on the update maillist on www.newgrounds.com/fda you may download the mp3 on the yahoogroups files section.

Peace!

you bastard! the warped tour just came to the Del Mar Fair here in San Diego yesterday! BAh!!!

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-28 17:21:55

At 6/28/01 04:01 PM, whiteguyz wrote: the warped tour just came to the Del Mar Fair here in San Diego yesterday! BAh!!!

--- well there will be more times for us all to unite!!! what a party that would be!!!

---FreakAndrea--- groveries come first FOOD is GOOD

and perdix you and cocoa? and maybe nicole??? this could possibly work.... there may be a bunch of NG folks at the Dallas show as it stands thus far, however only people who confirm in here with their full names casn get on the list, so if you know about them... do it... I have to give a list with a full name not something like PicoR00lz3l33t_1987@shemail.net

:)

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-29 00:39:23

name: Rachel Shen
date: July 11
AIM: poofyfluff
email: poofyfluff@aol.com

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-29 19:04:47

At 6/29/01 12:39 AM, PyroTigress wrote: name: Rachel Shen

kool I gotya!!!! infact I think I may have to give you a shirt!!! I will have to see what kinda goodies I have with me!!!

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-29 22:43:24

At 6/20/01 02:05 PM, TFX wrote:
Look, Shok, you're a great guy and all. I know you've got music to promote, but does almost everyone of your posts have to plug it? I know I'm a dancing hypocrite for all the ZW ads that I did, but it's very rare that I see a Shok post that doesn't have a music advertisement stapled to it.

I'll shut up now.

look, have you istened to the radio or put on mtv lately? no record companies are putting money behind real music, its mroe cost effective to promote some twisted canned-celebrity to 12 year olds and then attach pre-made pop music to his/her surgically altered face in rder to have soemthing the kids can take home besides a t shirt... if someone who actually composes heartfelt music wants to have it heard, he or she must promote it themselves! as in non-stop 24/7 every fucking chance you get. This sort of indie/grass-roots self-marketting by singer songwriters is what ash brought down bublegum in popular music and the idea of image over substance as the product throughout the history of the record biz. British invasion, punk rock, grunge/indie.. need I say more. If you're happy with seeing britney spears on every channel of your tv every 10 minutes, then by all emans criticize shok's attempts at self-promotion. If you would like to force change on the record industry and their soulless mass production tactics, then I don't see what your complaint is. Its attitudes like yours that ahve me seriously questioning my choice of music as a career, I sdhould probably let britney have the radio and go abck to college to finish my degree. I'm nto amd at you specifically, but I'm generally annoyed with the record business and joe-average-consumer right now and you just set me off. Sorry if iw ent over the top, but I think you get my point now.

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-30 03:48:05

hey, this is metalmango. aka Tim.

my info= metalmango@aol.com

july 13=milwaukee.

thanks man.

and by the way: FIRST POST! (with this name, at least)

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-30 03:52:04

At 6/29/01 07:04 PM, FDA wrote:
At 6/29/01 12:39 AM, PyroTigress wrote: name: Rachel Shen
kool I gotya!!!! infact I think I may have to give you a shirt!!! I will have to see what kinda goodies I have with me!!!

Hey shok, do you got me too? my post was earlier on first page, ^-^ and can I get a t-shirt too? (maybe one for friend) I am totally mooching off ya fro free stuff.... also how much ya gettin' payed fro this tour? prolly quite abit.....

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-30 06:01:26

At 6/30/01 03:48 AM, Aphex_Splangy wrote: hey, this is metalmango. aka Tim.

my info= metalmango@aol.com

heya Tim!!!!

so glad you got back in touch!!!

I constantly have the 160 buddies on my buddy list for people with whom I speak on a regular basis.... very glad to see you!!! and I will be even happier to meet you!!!.... I will need your last name if I am to add you on my list.... I may or may not be able to get you plus one and I may or may not be able to do it at all... which is why it is imperative to have as much info on this post as possible.... I will let you all know who I can get in and who I cannot...

Please add your full names.... if I was to add just the name Jill (for example) to my list... they would never let her come in!!

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-30 06:09:36

FDA there's a DJ in your profile, are you a DJ for real? Cuz I'm A DJ and I was born in philly too! But I'm a white boy not a philly home boy. Are you into tribal?

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-30 07:31:23

At 6/30/01 06:09 AM, Anarchypenguin wrote: FDA there's a DJ in your profile, are you a DJ for real? Cuz I'm A DJ and I was born in philly too! But I'm a white boy not a philly home boy. Are you into tribal?

yeah sometimes I spin music... I would never refer to myself as a DJ I am a musician or entertainer...
I share music and spin it often at large parties.. DJing its a paid hobby so I can work on my music.

I miss Philadelphia often and can reflect back on may excellent parties!!! Great people!!! Say hello to Nigel Richards for me (611) I will be seeing King Britt 2moro at the ELECTRIC DAISY CARNIVAL here in Los Angeles... my first date on the tour is ... wait not 2moro but TODAY!!!! as in when the sun arises!!!

Anyhow......... ciao

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-30 07:38:37

At 6/30/01 07:31 AM, FDA wrote:

yeah sometimes I spin music... I would never refer to myself as a DJ I am a musician or entertainer...
I share music and spin it often at large parties.. DJing its a paid hobby so I can work on my music.

don't let his modesty fool you, I've heard him spin some amazing sets on various occasions! all the best djs seem to shun the title because they're actually all around musical talents

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-30 07:45:44

At 6/30/01 07:38 AM, JimiBudah wrote:

don't let his modesty fool you, I've heard him spin some amazing sets on various occasions! all the best djs seem to shun the title because they're actually all around musical talents

Damn really? LIke what does he do? I kinda suck at hip hop, bat mixxing is soooo hard. I'm a good trubalist though. I need someone to teach me to beat mix elctro and hip hop.

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-06-30 07:51:16

At 6/20/01 08:32 AM, dumbsucka1234 wrote: i dont care you sons a bitches

wow dumbsucka your soooooo cool! I wish more people were like you!

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-02 00:10:48

At 6/30/01 07:45 AM, Anarchypenguin wrote:
At 6/30/01 07:38 AM, JimiBudah wrote:

Damn really? LIke what does he do? I kinda suck at hip hop, bat mixxing is soooo hard. I'm a good trubalist though. I need someone to teach me to beat mix elctro and hip hop.

just grab the records and work with them.... try different tricks... I dunno I really believe this DJ scene is one large bag of bologna!!!!

Don't get me wrong... I used to love to go out to clubs all the time and hear new music being spun, however today the DJ is a superstar and for what???? Mixing 2 simple beats together that they did not create???? Being someone who has had a past with the beginning of the rave scene as well as the industrial, etc underground dance movements, I can tell you it is important to have new music brought in to educate and push the culture ahead as well as mixing a healthy does of classics for nostalgia etc... Today, however far too many "DJ"s are getting notoriety for who knows what!!!!

Anyhow........... to answer your question, I have been known to have 3 turntables going with up to 2 cds all at once.... I belive it is my many years of being a drummer that help with my affinity for the beat!

None of it is magic... you can do it too!!! just practice... don't talk about what you want to do, or hope to do... just DO IT!!!!!

The same goes for music, art of any sort (unless we are talking chinese body contortionism!)

Well.. I have spewed out enough for this one reply!!

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-02 01:39:41

Name: Timothy Robert Bavlnka. (one for a friend, actually a brother, would be neat. if not, dont worry)
AIM: Metalmango, Demanufactor
DATE: July 13.

Thanks.

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-02 02:03:11

Name: Jonathan Alpart
AIM: jonpart
Date/Location: July 20 (Fri) Dallas, TX
E-mail: jonpart@yahoo.com

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-02 18:05:59

Name: Collette Bender
AIM: Criza587
Date/Location: July 20 (Fri) Dallas, TX
E-mail: co2@pureco2.com

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-03 05:29:56

oh shok I forgot to say in my earlier posyts, but his is tristan... ack anyways just remember that.. talk to ya on AIM sometime later (trisdos)

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-04 14:21:07

At 7/2/01 06:05 PM, Io wrote: Name: AJ Baylis
AIM: Minkeyboodle00
Date/Location: July 3, Porland OR

.. OH FUCK! that was YESTERDAY.. hmm, i guess that didnt work out, oh well!!

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-04 14:23:18

At 7/4/01 02:21 PM, blastzorak wrote:
At 7/2/01 06:05 PM, Io wrote: Name: AJ Baylis
AIM: Minkeyboodle00
Date/Location: July 3, Porland OR
.. OH FUCK! that was YESTERDAY.. hmm, i guess that didnt work out, oh well!!

i f*cked up.. sue me cuz i cant edit msg's here.. whats up with that?

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-04 22:17:19

I'd go to the NYC one If i could find some mo' NG people so i don't feel alone....

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-05 01:48:52

hi, i havent been here for a while...sorry, bye

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-06 12:03:20

Bah, no CDN dates, oh well, good luck on the tour Shok. Rock on! FDA ALL DAY w00t!

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-08 18:21:03

At 6/20/01 08:31 AM, FDA wrote:
I am not certain about guest listing at this current time, however please add your names, aim names as well as email and your date and show location in a reply to this post and I will do my best to get you and a guest a free pass, perhaps back stage!!!!

true, he'll need your info to get you to a concert..however...
Jimi Budah: say that shok doesn't want kids emailing him with their info because he can't check it

poor guy's so busy on his tour

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-10 03:50:17

Dear Shok,

I need to know soon about the tix. The show is friday, and i got a ride and i got off work. So please, let me know.

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-10 15:36:35

Wow the day you come to my city is so close, I am getting VERY excited about it... I think I am gonna bring my friend devon, but he has been sick lately so I dont know who I should take.... Gah I still have like 2 more weeks.... See ya on the 21st, with whatever friend I find that can go.. Oh and by the way I finally got that new FDA song, whoo hoo, took me long enough :p, see you on the 21st this month

Response to SHOK -WARPED TOUR - RADIO SHOW 2001-07-11 22:00:23

At 7/10/01 03:36 PM, Zenon wrote: Wow the day you come to my city is so close, I am getting VERY excited about it... I think I am gonna bring my friend devon, but he has been sick lately so I dont know who I should take.... Gah I still have like 2 more weeks.... See ya on the 21st, with whatever friend I find that can go.. Oh and by the way I finally got that new FDA song, whoo hoo, took me long enough :p, see you on the 21st this month

Hey peeps. I'm on the phone with shok and he wants to know. if any of you peeps who are going to any of his up coming dates on the warped tour. You have too post your full name and the date to get on the guest list for such dates as the 13th and 21st show.
thanks