00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club

41,380 Views | 369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

TDRS Music, Buckethead Catalog
Bucketheadland, Buckethead's official website

Hello one and all, and welcome to the offical Newgrounds Buckethead Fan Club! Buckethead is the KFC-bucket wearing avant-garde guitarist, for those of you who did not know, and is one of the greatest musicians alive today, at least in my opinion! He ahs released over 15 solo albums and several others with various bands, including Guns N Roses, Praxis, Giant Robot, etc.

This is a fan club honouring this guitarist and if you enjoy Buckethead's music than this is the club for you! Here you can talk about Buckethead's music, personal life, mysterious identity, and more! There are, however, a few rules you should know before joining:

i) Follow the BBS Rules at all times.
ii) DoN't TyPe LikE ThiS
iii) You must enjoy Buckethead's music to join.
iv) Have fun!

Also, to join, just answer the following question(s):

Favourite Buckethead Song:

So, welcome to Bucketheadland. Enjoy your stay, here's your ticket:

-- ADMIT ONE TO BUCKETHEADLAND --

Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 18:34:15

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 18:35:38

At 10/2/07 06:34 PM, Gein wrote: joined

Welcome Gein!

What's your favourite Buckethead song anyway?

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 18:37:13

Oh good lord, I am so in.

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 18:42:01

oh and my favorite song is jordan

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 18:44:26

Oh, sweet.
I'll join.

My have 2 favorite songs, actually.
I like Whitewash and Jump Man. Sometimes The Ballad of Buckethead.

Anyways, hello all.

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 18:46:02

At 10/2/07 06:37 PM, Twone wrote: Oh good lord, I am so in.

Cool, welcome Twone!

At 10/2/07 06:44 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: My have 2 favorite songs, actually.
I like Whitewash and Jump Man. Sometimes The Ballad of Buckethead. etc.

Sweet, all three of those are great songs by him. Welcome!

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 18:50:05

At 10/2/07 06:46 PM, Frenzy wrote: Sweet, all three of those are great songs by him. Welcome!

Oh, yes they are.
However, I wish I could get the live version of Whitewash. It sounds a lot more passionate.
And Jump Man was the first song I ever heard by Buckethead back in '03, I believe.
Monsters And Robots was the first album I ever heard.

So what's your favorite song/album by Buckethead?

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 18:55:21

At 10/2/07 06:50 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: Oh, yes they are.
However, I wish I could get the live version of Whitewash. It sounds a lot more passionate.
And Jump Man was the first song I ever heard by Buckethead back in '03, I believe.
Monsters And Robots was the first album I ever heard.

So what's your favorite song/album by Buckethead?

That's a tough one.

My faovurite songs by him are probably Pepper's Ghost, Jordan, Arc of the Pendulum, All in the Waiting, Big Sur Moon, Nottingham Lace... I could go on forever!

Favourite album... well the only one I have by him is Electric Tears, the rest I've heard from otehr sources, I wanna buy some more of his work though... it's very varied.

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 19:17:20

I only have one album, and that's "The Cuckoo Clocks from Hell." It's not that great, but there are a few good songs. The song "The Black Forest" is an acoustic, and one of the best. It's silly, and yet really awesome.

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 20:35:03

I'll join, my favorite one by him is the Halloween theme song.

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-02 23:57:22

At 10/2/07 08:17 PM, VeinsOnFire wrote: I have roughly about 20 bootlegs of his, and I never get bored of them. He's fantastic live.

I heard his interaction with fans during shows makes his concerts one of the best to try and attend.

Here's a picture of Volume 7 of my In Search of The 13 CD set, hand drawn and hand burned by Buckethead himself.

So simple and so HAWT.

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 01:21:00

Excellent, count me in! I absolutely love Buckethead; I have his entire discography. It would be impossible for me to name a favourite song, but here are a few great ones off the top of my head: King James, Machete, Soothsayer, Buddy Berkman's Ballad, Night of the Slunk, Whitewash as was mentioned. I'm sure I could go on forever so I'll stop there. Oh how I long to see him perform live :(

Has anyone had the pleasure?

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 01:37:33

At 10/3/07 01:21 AM, Justin wrote: Oh how I long to see him perform live :(
Has anyone had the pleasure?

I'm going to try to attend a handful of concerts during my next summer vacation.
Hopefully Buckethead stops by somewhere in the Los Angeles area.

I hear it's a fun experience.

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 02:01:56

At 10/3/07 01:37 AM, Dark-Phire wrote: I'm going to try to attend a handful of concerts during my next summer vacation.
Hopefully Buckethead stops by somewhere in the Los Angeles area.

Yeah, I'm sure there's a fair chance he'd be somewhere around there if he was touring.. or at the very least a much better chance than him coming up here to Canada :(

I hear it's a fun experience.

What VOF said about the live versions sums it up perfectly: 'They're always different yet true to their feeling, and have a little more, well, feeling'. It could be a change in tempo, or a change in phrasing. Maybe a completely improvised solo. Somehow it manages to fit perfectly while remaining fresh and new. Of course, all of this is coming from watching a ton of videos and listening to live recordings, I'm sure my mind would be blown even more so if I witnessed it firsthand.

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 04:29:04

In like a... bin.

Buckethead is teh sex.
My favourite song is either For Mon or Soothsayer.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 06:51:53

Welcome to all the new members!

And ViensOnFire, you're lucky, you got In Search Of The! I want that boxset very badly, but its really expensive for all 13 sets... the 13th set has a 45 minute long song... crazy!

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 11:34:02

At 10/3/07 06:51 AM, Frenzy wrote: And ViensOnFire, you're lucky, you got In Search Of The! I want that boxset very badly, but its really expensive for all 13 sets... the 13th set has a 45 minute long song... crazy!

Never realized he had a long song.
Now I want. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 15:13:17

At 10/3/07 11:34 AM, Dark-Phire wrote: Never realized he had a long song.
Now I want. :(

Yeah, ti doesn't actually have title. Its also the only song on volume 13 of 'In Search Of The'. Fans have titled it 'The Butcher's Last Dance', as it doesn't actually have an official title. Its on Wikipedia :D

Members List #1
Frenzy
Gein
Twone
Dark-Phire
VeinsOnFire
Dead-Body-Man
Justin
Nev

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 16:26:49

ZOMG so joined

my fave songs are: Jordan (with the GH2 solo) and Nottingham Lace

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 16:53:31

At 10/3/07 04:26 PM, theguitarhero2 wrote: ZOMG so joined

my fave songs are: Jordan (with the GH2 solo) and Nottingham Lace

Welcome! Two excellent songs by him as well.

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 17:41:11

i'll join

Sometimes you have to burn everything down, so you can have nothing at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 17:49:22

I also like the song "post office buddy." There's no solos, but it's got cool riffs.

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 18:08:44

At 10/3/07 05:40 PM, VeinsOnFire wrote: There's actually a lot of very long songs throughout the set.

Yeah, lots of 10-minute plus songs. How does he find time to write all of those songs? How many sets do you have?

Also, are you guys into Buckethead's other bands? My favorite are Thanatopsis and The Deli Creeps, Praxis is also cool.

Yeah, I liek Giant Robot, that's a pretty good band. When he was with Guns N' Roses that was awesome too.

At 10/3/07 05:41 PM, AxeWarrior wrote: i'll join

Welcome! What's your favourite Buckethead song?

At 10/3/07 05:49 PM, Twone wrote: I also like the song "post office buddy." There's no solos, but it's got cool riffs.

Yeah, Buckethead plays that in the middle of Jordan usually when he's playing it live.

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 18:11:20

At 10/3/07 03:13 PM, Frenzy wrote: Yeah, ti doesn't actually have title. Its also the only song on volume 13 of 'In Search Of The'. Fans have titled it 'The Butcher's Last Dance', as it doesn't actually have an official title. Its on Wikipedia :D

Just looked it up.
Nice collection to have. Each album is suppose to differ from each other. Or some sort like that.

At 10/3/07 05:40 PM, VeinsOnFire wrote: Also, are you guys into Buckethead's other bands? My favorite are Thanatopsis and The Deli Creeps, Praxis is also cool.

I never got into his other bands. I heard 1 song by Praxis but that was long ago.
Speaking of collaborations...

I just got threw hearing Enter the Chicken, again.
Botnus, Running from Light and Coma have to be the best songs on their. :3

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 19:04:38

Yo, so in ;P

As i say in every buckethead thread, everyone needs to check out Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains: The Big Eyeball In The Sky... it's amazing, and will not disappoint, especially if you love buckethead. But i really love les claypool too, but when the two of them team up, it's orgasmic every time. claypool also did work with buckethead on buckethead's CD monsters & robots...

Then he took a pallid mask and he glued it to his face
And it gave him the temerity to join the human race
He stood like great Ulysses with guitar in his hand
Pledging to deflate the cynical that plague the glory land

Buckethead

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 19:28:51

I'm definately in, ever since I heard Jordan on guitar hero II about a year ago, i've been a huge fan ever since. Favorite songs would have to be Nottingham Lace, Final Wars, Jordan-post office buddy-jordan outro, Too Many Humans, and WHITEWASH (love this one live).

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 19:31:25

At 10/3/07 07:04 PM, BlueHippo wrote: Yo, so in ;P

As i say in every buckethead thread, everyone needs to check out Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains: The Big Eyeball In The Sky... it's amazing, and will not disappoint, especially if you love buckethead. But i really love les claypool too, but when the two of them team up, it's orgasmic every time. claypool also did work with buckethead on buckethead's CD monsters & robots...

Then he took a pallid mask and he glued it to his face
And it gave him the temerity to join the human race
He stood like great Ulysses with guitar in his hand
Pledging to deflate the cynical that plague the glory land

Buckethead

Sweet, a MOD joined. :D Welcome! I've heard of that Colonel Claypool thing before, it sounds good actually. I've only manged to find one CD of his in stores, 'Electric Tears', but I'm thinking of buying some of his stuff off of TDRSmusic.com...

He had lesosns from Paul Gilbert too!

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 19:38:40

At 10/3/07 07:31 PM, Frenzy wrote: He had lesosns from Paul Gilbert too!

Not a surprise really :P.
I evny him. I'd love to know Paul at such a level, he's a really nice guy... or so I believe from videos of him.

So what albums do we all have?

I only have Colma and Acoustic Shards.... and then like 24 songs I'd downloaded individually.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Bucketheadland- Buckethead Fan Club 2007-10-03 20:58:55

At 10/3/07 07:28 PM, fallenout wrote: I'm definately in, ever since I heard Jordan on guitar hero II about a year ago, i've been a huge fan ever since. Favorite songs would have to be Nottingham Lace, Final Wars, Jordan-post office buddy-jordan outro, Too Many Humans, and WHITEWASH (love this one live).

Welcome!

That's a pretty impressive collection Veins, where did you find all those albums? Or did you buy them off TDRSmusic?