00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The works of big-jonny-13

87,858 Views | 658 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-09 14:50:43

At 2/9/09 02:48 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Where is his face if I may ask?

I decided to not draw a face, as to not interfere with what I was attempting... also, I think I would have fucked it up on that picture.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-10 22:33:24

This one's a quick, kinda sloppy, Mario done in probably 5 minutes. Meh, you get out what you put in.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-15 01:12:55

Here's a sketch for a drawing that was ultimately drawn and painted onto the wall of my friends room. This here is Johnny "J-Slice" Seeds, and he's basically a bad-ass watermelon slice.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-16 17:28:45

I finished another one the other day, but I left it at school, so I wont be able to post it till i get back (which is Sunday the 22, because I'm on reading week right now).

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-17 22:47:28

Well, in my week off, whenever my studies become too frustrating, or I just want to take a break, I have decided to start doing some sketches. I have completed two so far. They are on blank paper, but its yellow paper (which I happen to have packs of at home for some reason). Also, my scanner at home appears to be on the fritz, so I cannot upload them now. You'll just have to wait till next week to see them.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-22 16:40:06

So here was the first of the two drawings that I did this past week. This one is more a sketch than a drawing. I was trying to work a bit on anatomy, specifically hands, because I have major issues with drawing them. So this was the attempt at drawing a fist. I think it came out fairly well.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-22 16:42:55

Here's the second piece that I completed. It's a shot of Ironman flying. It took a little while to get the pose down properly, but I think its alright. I tried to do some shading on it, but I'm not sure if it came out that good. I guess I'll just have to wait for some critiques on it to actually know.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-23 07:53:05

Wow, my art thread is getting pretty lonely.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-23 08:56:14

How long have you been drawing?

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-23 15:43:52

At 2/23/09 08:56 AM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote: How long have you been drawing?

Drawing in general, I'd say years. But most of my drawing consisted of doodles and other crap. Most of the stuff posted here has been done in the last year though (minus Link and the Mario drawings, those were about 2 years ago).

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-24 20:09:37

After hanging up my new drawings in my room (really just a hook that I hang them through one of the holes on the paper), I realized that my two newest pieces appear to have smudged on the journey back to residence. So, try to pretend you don't notice the stray smudges, and hopefully they don't take away from the piece.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-26 13:01:24

This thread is lonelier than an ice fishing tournament. Where are critiques, criticisms, comments?

I'm so sad

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-26 14:05:36

To be honest, I wish to see some real original stuff, that's really been taken time and thought into. try doing some detailed, high quality imaginative as opposed to high quality reference pics.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-26 18:21:45

At 2/26/09 02:05 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote: To be honest, I wish to see some real original stuff, that's really been taken time and thought into. try doing some detailed, high quality imaginative as opposed to high quality reference pics.

True, true, the only "real" original piece is the psychotic clown killer. I'll take that into consideration and try to do some original work.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-27 03:13:50

True, true, the only "real" original piece is the psychotic clown killer. I'll take that into consideration and try to do some original work.

I'd like to see more original stuff as well, it should be intriguing.
Just let your mind wander and draw what comes to you

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-02-27 22:47:27

Well, I have one piece in the works right now. In class I started drawing Jason, but all I completed was his head, but now that everyone has been commenting about me needing to get out some more imaginative, original work, I've decided to complete the picture in a new direction. It's still Jason, but just not in the role you'd imagine him in. I'll try get it done next week, just gotta get through a few weekend exams and work for the isometric pixel art contest.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-02 15:28:02

Friday The 13th: A New Barbecue. This time it's not a machete he's wielding.

Btw, if you can't make it out the apron says I GOT YOUR BEEF (Now How Do You Want It Cooked?)

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-02 23:57:40

At 3/2/09 11:38 PM, MRedDragonO1 wrote: I'm still not done aruging with you yet big johnny. And ilike your drawings especially the cool banana. Kepp it up and you'll be an artist. <==== Not Critisim :)

Actually that's a compliment not criticism. :-P And glad to see you venturing into shading and observational drawing johnny, don't be to discouraged just because it's not turning out great right away, it takes time.
You're hand turned out pretty decent, was it from observing your own hand? It looks a bit small and round, almost giving the impressions of a babies hand, but for what i'm assuming is one of your first tries at seriously trying to draw a hand it looks pretty good, keep working on tightening up your shading though, your values pretty flat

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-05 23:57:06

Well here's a new piece that I kinda kept going back to while I studied. It started off as a Xenomorph (you know, the alien creature from the Alien series). But then it kind of warped and became a Xenomorph fighter.

It appears that through observing our culture, the Xenomorphs have learned martial arts and special abilities (like fireballs). They have also started wearing pants.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-06 14:57:04

So I had class that we basically did nothing in, so I started drawing again. It started out as with the uneven eyes, then it turned into a muppet, then it became this. I call it "The High-napple".

What would you do if you woke up one day and you were a pineapple?

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-07 15:32:08

This was one of the early stages for my entry to the isometric pixel art contest. I'll post my finished piece here after I post it in the contest thread.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-07 23:16:46

I did this for the "Ultimate Brawl" art thread

It's Chrono VS Cloud.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-09 15:01:43

In no way do I approve the use of heroin or any other drugs.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-09 15:09:54

At 3/9/09 03:01 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: In no way do I approve the use of heroin or any other drugs.

im happy to see that your art is getting better :3
im sure all of us are happy to see someones work improve over time

keep it up jonny

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-09 15:29:58

At 3/9/09 03:09 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: im happy to see that your art is getting better :3
im sure all of us are happy to see someones work improve over time
keep it up jonny

Hahaha, thanks man. I'll attempt to do something with more effort put into it this weekend.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-09 16:43:13

Here's my piece for this art contest.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-11 15:13:05

Wait a second, that's not miming, that's a real gun

Coming soon to a theater near you?

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-11 18:29:46

I love your drawings, they're 'wacky', playful, fun, and cool and all that.
But you should try doing something kind of realistic, because even though it looks bad when you're starting out, you'll become a better all artist all around at the same time.

PS,
I used to do this kind of stuff too, and I still do it ocassionally, but it just gets old after awhile. haha.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate,

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagine."

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-11 18:34:27

At 3/11/09 06:29 PM, Lalien wrote: I love your drawings, they're 'wacky', playful, fun, and cool and all that.
But you should try doing something kind of realistic, because even though it looks bad when you're starting out, you'll become a better all artist all around at the same time.

PS,
I used to do this kind of stuff too, and I still do it ocassionally, but it just gets old after awhile. haha.

Very true. Yeah, I'll try my hand at some realistic pieces when I have time. Most of my drawings are just done in class so its not like I have full piece of mind when I do them.

Response to The works of big-jonny-13 2009-03-11 22:19:55

hrm. I see you like nintendo. I use to be a huge fan (Mario Bros. and Pokemon) but I would keep practicing with your work.

Hell they'll probably be really good in the near future.