00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mangoneNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doodlage

109,248 Views | 970 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-06 16:27:12

At 3/4/11 07:55 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/4/11 07:43 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: And now, the last one of this batch...
Pssst, Final Fight thread.
Bring it back.

( Convenient link for people who don't know about the aforementioned thread.)
Dunno... Maybe I should draw Maki, Dean and Lucia. The baddies of Final Fight 2 and3 were not as charismatic as the ones from the first game...
Or maybe I should try making a thread with Streets Of Rage. I'm currently playing it, and, though reckoning their characters look generic as all hell, maybe I could try the characters from the first game (the other ones have more forgettable designs...).
Thoughts about the matter, anyone?

Now, changing subjects, here are my latest. Hope you enjoy them.

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-06 16:46:24

At 3/6/11 04:27 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: Or maybe I should try making a thread with Streets Of Rage. I'm currently playing it, and, though reckoning their characters look generic as all hell, maybe I could try the characters from the first game (the other ones have more forgettable designs...).
Thoughts about the matter, anyone?

Yes, First SoR, do IT!!!!

POLICE CRUISER!!!!!

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-06 23:52:00

Joe, it appears that you waste an insane amount of time simply sketching it out. And still make them look incredibly badass.

Here's just something random guy in armour I drew up to pass the time. I coloured him in and stuff laters, but that was for something totally different. Did during a class, anyhow, not a bad 20 minutes wasted.

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-24 12:30:41

At 3/6/11 04:46 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yes, First SoR, do IT!!!!
POLICE CRUISER!!!!!

Heheh, yeah! I've gathered some reference material for that matter.
... Though... I may end up doing Golden Axe before. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

At 3/6/11 11:52 PM, Lintire wrote: Joe, it appears that you waste an insane amount of time simply sketching it out. And still make them look incredibly badass.

I'm trying not to, now... These late drawings were more developed when inking than when pencilling. Trying to find a more efficient way to draw, you know.

Here's just something random guy in armour I drew up to pass the time. I coloured him in and stuff laters, but that was for something totally different. Did during a class, anyhow, not a bad 20 minutes wasted.

Not bad... Yet, if I can share with you a couple of pointers...
Legs came up short, giving the fact they're completely stretched. If they were flexed, they'd look much better, and the pose would appear more natural and equilibrated. Also, his left hand would look better with the thumb sticking a bit out. It's wise to show the thumb when drawing hands, it helps a lot to understand them.

Well... Here's my latest page, with some ideas trying to shape up...
Hope you like it!

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-24 12:54:24

At 3/24/11 12:30 PM, BizarroJoe wrote:
At 3/6/11 04:46 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yes, First SoR, do IT!!!!
POLICE CRUISER!!!!!
Heheh, yeah! I've gathered some reference material for that matter.
... Though... I may end up doing Golden Axe before. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

It must be rather difficult to do all of the things from memory being that you'd be able to understand some of there characters and what makes them as they are but say if they were had to be drawn completely on how you viewed them? Like the fat guy that breaths the fire.

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-24 13:55:59

At 3/24/11 12:30 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: ... Though... I may end up doing Golden Axe before. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

I'll be able to keep up with that thread then too =D

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-24 15:14:43

Ooh, doodlage during class. I have a lot of that.

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-25 03:21:23

Just some mindless doodles i've done on the Drawplz forums that being said I don't really have any of real idea on going behind any of them really except I have problems with higher than ground level perspective.

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-25 06:02:38

excellent doodles.
or doodalage : )

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-25 12:25:35

At 3/25/11 06:02 AM, Spac3case916 wrote: excellent doodles.

Can't really pin point to who you're aiming the complement towards but ...
Thanks I try to have the interest to draw when even I can.

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-25 14:27:19

Blarghf

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-25 14:32:23

Oh, and when class gets really boring, I turn to drawing hairy legs and icky penisses.
(scusi for doublepost)

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-25 19:30:35

Random ink of the Hulk...

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-28 06:38:14

At 3/24/11 03:14 PM, Morthagg wrote: Ooh, doodlage during class. I have a lot of that.

Well, don't hold yourself then! Those you've already uploaded are great, and I'd really love to see more.

At 3/25/11 02:27 PM, Morthagg wrote: Blarghf

I like the way flesh seems to turn into something soft and ductile... I love that female figure, and the guy in the right... Damn, he seems like shitting his own innards and enjoying it!

At 3/25/11 02:32 PM, Morthagg wrote: Oh, and when class gets really boring, I turn to drawing hairy legs and icky penisses.

I also dig bold colored outlines.
Oh and I also spot a "ghost lady" haunting around that page...

(scusi for doublepost)

That's perfectly acceptable in this thread.

At 3/25/11 06:02 AM, Spac3case916 wrote: excellent doodles.

Why don't you post some of yours, Casey? We all know you're extremely skilled with a ballpoint pen, you'd make a great contribution to this thread! You'd be most welcome here.

At 3/25/11 07:30 PM, shamus306 wrote: Random ink of the Hulk...

Hey, not bad at all. Try to get some more drawings posted here, maybe we could drop some advice around to help you improve your drawing.

'K, now some mandatory stuff of mine... Don't have nothing to say right now!

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-28 08:10:22

Inspiration strikes, perhaps I will perform some doodlage this very day.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-28 15:35:34

At 3/28/11 06:38 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: I like the way flesh seems to turn into something soft and ductile... I love that female figure, and the guy in the right... Damn, he seems like shitting his own innards and enjoying it!

Oh, thank you :D Yes, I bet he's having fun.

At 3/28/11 06:38 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: I also dig bold colored outlines.
Oh and I also spot a "ghost lady" haunting around that page...

Yeah, she was drawn on the other side of the page.. :p
Thank you for the compliments, here's some more then:
(This one took more than one class.. you have to pay attention sometimes too, you know)

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-28 15:45:33

Another one that's not very spectacular, but I kind of like the composition with the words and everything. I got inspired by La Abuela, by Alberto Breccia and Carlos Trillo, a comic we were discussing and analysing in class...

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-03-28 23:35:15

At 3/28/11 06:38 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: That's perfectly acceptable in this thread.

I dear lord I hoped that this was a good thread to post that in but I really want some inspiration outside of the video games and anime.

Response to Doodlage 2011-04-04 05:38:10

I love that stuff, Morthagg...

At 3/28/11 03:45 PM, Morthagg wrote: I got inspired by La Abuela, by Alberto Breccia and Carlos Trillo, a comic we were discussing and analysing in class...

Then I counter with Alvar Mayor. It's also Trillo and Breccia (not Alberto, but his son Enrique instead).

Also, "ghost lady" again?

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-04-04 12:14:46

Another page. Awaiting for the upcoming "Kawaii Battle Stars" flash...

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-04-04 13:14:43

Thank you for the compliments, here's some more then:
(This one took more than one class.. you have to pay attention sometimes too, you know)

the cross hatching on this is excellent!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2011-04-04 18:38:23

And here comes another...

BABY? RUTH! YEEEEESSSSSSH!!!

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-04-04 18:41:27

At 4/4/11 05:38 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: Then I counter with Alvar Mayor. It's also Trillo and Breccia (not Alberto, but his son Enrique instead).
Also, "ghost lady" again?

Is.. Is this a challenge to a comic-inspired classdoodle-off?

Response to Doodlage 2011-04-04 19:13:04

I like this thread. I'll be sure to post some of my doodles when I can make some in school.*

*sick day.

do you ever listen to your self talk!

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2011-04-04 19:20:27

OMFG! this is my kind of thread :D

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-04-04 20:35:32

At 4/4/11 06:41 PM, Morthagg wrote: Is.. Is this a challenge to a comic-inspired classdoodle-off?

I'd wish! It wouldn't be fair, I don't have to attend to classes anymore... (At least for the moment...)
Yet, everybody loves cameos, so I'll try to get some whenever possible!

At 4/4/11 07:20 PM, hochpoch wrote: OMFG! this is my kind of thread :D

That's the spirit!

Now, for today's last page...
I won't even try to explain my affair with Code Lyoko. I'm not in the mood for writing lists or arguments.

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-05-02 16:44:16

You know, people... Here's the annual local book fair again... Which means I gotta stand in a booth due to those family bonds that forces us to help your siblings, you want it or not... I sorta missed Pico Daybecause of this (At least I got to see the prizes that night), but there's something good about all this drudgery drama... Fresh, genuine Booth Doodles!!!
I'll try to make as many of these as I can (Don't go thinking I go slacking on my duty, huh?), for the moment... I hope you enjoy these! So long!

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-05-02 20:55:10

At 5/2/11 04:44 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: You know, people... Here's the annual local book fair again... Which means I gotta stand in a booth due to those family bonds that forces us to help your siblings, you want it or not... I sorta missed Pico Daybecause of this (At least I got to see the prizes that night), but there's something good about all this drudgery drama... Fresh, genuine Booth Doodles!!!
I'll try to make as many of these as I can (Don't go thinking I go slacking on my duty, huh?), for the moment... I hope you enjoy these! So long!

you know; you could make more out of it by selling sketches to visitors of the book fair..... draw their fave book character or whatever

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2011-05-03 00:27:33

Ok I think it's time I throw in THIS!!! it's still sketchy (randomly LOLOL)

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2011-05-06 08:40:05

At 5/2/11 08:55 PM, J-qb wrote: you know; you could make more out of it by selling sketches to visitors of the book fair..... draw their fave book character or whatever

Dunno... I won't say anything for that matter at this moment... I could end up actually doing something similar!

Dammit... I've been almost all the time alone in the booth... That means little time to get distracted making doodles... Here's what I've been able to sketch.
Hope you like them!

Doodlage