00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

(discuss) Art Heros!

1,012 Views | 11 Replies

(discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-13 17:18:00

Everyone must have some kind of artist hero, one who inpires or teaches... or maybe one who just has a wicked gallery!

For me it's gotta be banksy
who is freaking amazing at stencils! He's always inspired me to go that extra mile, and introduce me to stencilling which is pretty sick on its own! Also, gotta love his style!

Also, is a new urban artist I learnt of today-BUA (justin bua) who has an incredible style and flow. I definately recommend bua for artists who are looking for an awesome inpiration (or if you enjoy urban art), his book is awesome too!
I also recommend bua to starters who are interested in anime (this is a better exaggeration of human form!)
Ima post a bua below, kay?

(discuss) Art Heros!

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-13 17:24:56

hhmm..well, i don't exactly follow him..buuuuuut.my art hero, is this girl.

she's not proffecianal..but, i look up to her :3
colored pencils FTW >:D

WHERE'S THE DIX?

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-13 17:53:42

Hmm... probably Mindchamber.

"If you brought your partici-pants, put 'em on!"

|Go Here|and Here|and Here|

BBS Signature

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-13 18:18:24

At 8/13/07 05:18 PM, HahaBears wrote

For me it's gotta be banksy

Banksy is awesome, my cousin told me about him a few years back. I really like what he did on the West Bank barrier in Israel. His stuff is political and controversial in the best of ways. <3 Banksy.

Ima post a bua below, kay?

You're supposta post some of your OWN ORIGINAL art. =\
Do it now, something inspired by one of your heroes.

As for me, I like Edvard Munch and Egon Schiele. My guilty pleasure is Hirohiko Araki.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-13 18:40:16

At 8/13/07 05:18 PM, HahaBears wrote: For me it's gotta be banksy
who is freaking amazing at stencils! He's always inspired me to go that extra mile, and introduce me to stencilling which is pretty sick on its own! Also, gotta love his style!

Same here, love banksy.
It just amazes me that he can do stuff like the maid over night wit no one noticing.

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-13 18:44:12

my heroes are inkthinker and Samwise

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-13 18:49:44

My inspiration comes from good ol' Nathaniel Milburn.

My latest submission: An Irresponsible Wish - DeviantArt

BBS Signature

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-13 18:54:12

At 8/13/07 06:40 PM, FORIRNEWB wrote:
Same here, love banksy.
It just amazes me that he can do stuff like the maid over night wit no one noticing.

actually banksy has that big of balls to actually do most of his (small) crap during daylight, a big example is the wall, if you watch the video he does all of the pieces during the day, with trafic and guards all walking around!

If anyone can spare it, I would really appreciate $0.60 on paypal PM me perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-13 23:55:36

Not sure but one of mine has to be McJesus.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-14 00:03:39

No offense, but you people don't have much to look up to. I'm not down talking those artist. I'm just saying that all mentioned have so much to learn. ( except maybe the first mentioned who seems to have a good grasp of fundamentals and simplification )

http://goodbrush.com, http://paperblue.net and http://jp-ar.org are a few of my favorite artists. Although most of my "heroes" doesn't have a website. Which is poor, but anyways.

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-14 00:05:27

yo for me its totally clayton crain. he did the venom vs carnage comics and they look soooooooo nice

Why do i try to be nice?

BBS Signature

Response to (discuss) Art Heros! 2007-08-14 00:33:38

Sorry but this is a showcase forum, if we start doing this, it won't end.
Maybe in the future we'll change the rules to allow such discussions or create a more official thread, but for the moment I think it's best to not encourage people to make tons of threads about things they didn't make.

BBS Signature