00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mass Voting at its Finest

3,295 Views | 48 Replies

Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 20:37:18

Take a look at this week's awards, the Review Crew Pick and the Underdog of the Week in particular. They are D4ilytoon #312 and D4ilytoon #313 respectively. Upon closer inspection you will notice that these wards were unfairly rigged. They each "won" despite having relatively low vote scores because they have pages and pages of reviews with a score of 10. A strong majority of the reviews are from accounts created within the past week with names consisting of random-seeming character strings. I will laugh when these submissions get deleted for mass-reviewing like they normally do.

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 20:52:26

Here's a sample of the reviews for the other movie:

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 20:54:58

Spamers, that's one word for it, they bring the biggest crap in and save it.

look at pico 2, made during the raid.

Nothing here anymore.

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:03:12

this is the dumbest ever topic

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:09:46

great detective work greg it took an ace sleuth to figure that one out

too bad you're the last person on earth who gives a shit about portal awards. even the admins just dont seem to give a shit about em anymore. 2 years ago, the SS account would probably be deleted because wade would go all nazi on our asses. but i think they have far more important shit to worry about. that, and the fact that the organizer of those toons (me) and everyone who made a flash for them have absolutely nothing to do with the mass reviewing.

one thing im curious about grag, now that the ucfd is dead and festering, what do you do all day long? do you watch anime or pump iron?

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:10:27

At 8/8/07 09:09 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: TheStarSyndicate is bound to post here.

They already did, look at the above posts

hello

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:10:59

And why is that? I'm bringing attention to this abuse of the system.

At 8/8/07 09:03 PM, afroking wrote: this is the dumbest ever topic

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:11:51

At 8/8/07 09:10 PM, Delta66 wrote:
At 8/8/07 09:09 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: TheStarSyndicate is bound to post here.
They already did, look at the above posts

umm what

the SS account is banned but im the only one who posts on it anyways so yeh

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:15:18

greg baby please dont leave me hangin post a pic of your enormous muscles

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:16:17

At 8/8/07 09:09 PM, f0d wrote: that, and the fact that the organizer of those toons (me) and everyone who made a flash for them have absolutely nothing to do with the mass reviewing.

Yeah, I'm sure this was some random person who wanted to soil your group's good name.

one thing im curious about grag, now that the ucfd is dead and festering, what do you do all day long? do you watch anime or pump iron?

Well I spend most of my time working, going to school, and smoking pot. How about you? What do you do when you're not busy spamming the portal for your own amusement?

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:18:51

At 8/8/07 09:10 PM, Sakurazukamori wrote: And why is that? I'm bringing attention to this abuse of the system.

At 8/8/07 09:03 PM, afroking wrote: this is the dumbest ever topic

Lmfao, you're a loser :o

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:18:59

Okay? I really just don't care...

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:19:14

That's it....I'm going to file a complaint to Tom/Wade with the like to this thread.

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:23:28

Remember all of those people who spammed the BBS that one day? They were ALL alts.

These are them.

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:23:35

At 8/8/07 09:19 PM, blamkitty wrote: That's it....I'm going to file a complaint to Tom/Wade with the like to this thread.

Oops...I meant link...Sorry for double posting

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:24:14

At 8/8/07 09:18 PM, Unclemonty23 wrote: Okay? I really just don't care...

Apparently you care enough to read about it and make a post. If you don't care, then save yourself the effort and don't post.

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:25:39

The only thing you can do to stop this is catch it while its still in the portal and stop having people vote 5 because they "think" its going to pass anyways.

Anyone that thinks this thread is dumb or he is dumb for bringing this up, shut up. Just because you think its funny to have shit on Newgrounds doesn't mean everybody does.

Do you know why Wade doesn't delete accounts anymore, because you guys just create more. He then has to delete those. Its not that he has better things to do, its that there is no point if they are still going to come back.

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:25:41

what a bunch of cheaters.

Hello there, im friendly bear! Lets be friends! Just klik on THIS and leave some comments!

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:28:38

At 8/8/07 09:16 PM, Sakurazukamori wrote:
At 8/8/07 09:09 PM, f0d wrote: that, and the fact that the organizer of those toons (me) and everyone who made a flash for them have absolutely nothing to do with the mass reviewing.
Yeah, I'm sure this was some random person who wanted to soil your group's good name.

who said that? im not sure who it was, but i know it was one person acting alone and it was done without any planning or requests or anything from us, the people who actually made the flash. if the admins delete those flashes, its a damn shame because it means that anybody can go and mass review any flash they want without consulting the author and they'll automatically get the flash deleted.
if tom or wade wants to take the awards away, i have no problem with that. no one cares about them anymore anyways, except you

Well I spend most of my time working, going to school, and smoking pot. How about you? What do you do when you're not busy spamming the portal for your own amusement?

lmao same :[

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:31:12

"mass voting" lmfao

OUT

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:34:42

oh for fuck's sakes man it wasn't us, assume what you want

SS

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:38:25

At 8/8/07 09:25 PM, skatin-andy wrote: The only thing you can do to stop this is catch it while its still in the portal and stop having people vote 5 because they "think" its going to pass anyways.

There are no higher B/P ranks left for me to attain so I have no problem giving zeros to spam flashes that are under judgment no matter who submits them.

Anyone that thinks this thread is dumb or he is dumb for bringing this up, shut up.

I made this thread to bring attention to what they did in hopes that it will reach someone who has the power to fix this. Nothing like rousing the rabble to get something changed.

Just because you think its funny to have shit on Newgrounds doesn't mean everybody does.

Agreed.

Do you know why Wade doesn't delete accounts anymore, because you guys just create more. He then has to delete those. Its not that he has better things to do, its that there is no point if they are still going to come back.

He still deletes them. Despite what they might say. An account deletion is still a significant setback. All the movies submitted on the account are deleted and any stats are erased. Then the person has to go through the trouble of creating a new email account and then creating and confirming another Newgrounds account. I'm sure it's much easier for Wade to delete an account than for someone to create a new one.

At 8/8/07 09:31 PM, retr0smash wrote: "mass voting" lmfao

It's a generalized term.

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:39:43

the dailytoons organizing group had no input in this whatsoever... it's just a strange act of boredom.

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:41:37

At 8/8/07 09:39 PM, Starberry wrote: the dailytoons organizing group had no input in this whatsoever... it's just a strange act of boredom.

this

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:48:35

gregory buddy how are you doing babe

:'(

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 21:50:40

At 8/8/07 09:42 PM, 9e3o7xvlsd7t wrote:
At 8/8/07 09:38 PM, Sakurazukamori wrote: I'm sure it's much easier for Wade to delete an account than for someone to create a new one.
ahahahahahahhahahahahahha

you dont know how wrong you are, brudda

Why don't you enlighten me then?

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 22:01:34

those fuckers in the reviews stole my name!

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 22:02:18

At 8/8/07 09:39 PM, Starberry wrote: the dailytoons organizing group had no input in this whatsoever... it's just a strange act of boredom.

The person probably just did it for this exact reason then. If, in fact, he was just being really bored.

Yay, more jokes!

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 22:06:56

I find it funny that all the reviews are saying the exact same thing, just rewritten a little bit differently.

Anyway, they'll get in trouble for doing that, they have already in the past.

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Voting at its Finest 2007-08-08 22:06:57

the ss was responsible for this i swear to god nO LIE