00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit

18,005 Views | 324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-17 19:43:42

At 8/17/07 07:35 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: You're drinking at this meat up. >:)

Yes I know I'll be drinking at the meet up - I'm teetotal to the point of not drinking unless there's a damn good reason to, and the meetup's a great reason to drink. But bear in mind I have to navigate the freaking Tube and walk an hour through the most haunted city in Europe back home at the end of it. So I'll be turning down the third pint, and complaining that the beer tastes of piss and all I really want is a Pepsi.

Besides. We'll be spending most of our time in Funland Trocadero, rather than Namco. Namco has a bar, Trocadero does not (IIRC... please god only take this sentance at IIRC value!). Even if we tried leaving the Trocadero, we'd lose at least four people doing it. A dozen NGers and six stories of arcades you have to enter from the top story and move down with really poor sign posting? Sounds like chaos to me...

I pray to god someone's bringing digital cameras and camcorders.

As for Red Dwarf, no, watching the show's an English Tradition. Reading the books is slightly more geeky.

I've yet to read 'Backwards' though...

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-17 19:53:29

At 8/17/07 07:43 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: So I'll be turning down the third pint, and complaining that the beer tastes of piss and all I really want is a Pepsi.

lol, order rum and coke, or Cubans. Then we wont know when you switch to just Coke!

Besides. We'll be spending most of our time in Funland Trocadero

Personally I think we should go for this monopoly game!

I pray to god someone's bringing digital cameras and camcorders.

I would but I don't have either! Someone must have one though...

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-18 06:19:00

At 8/17/07 07:25 PM, Denvish wrote: Hitchhike. M1/A1 all the way, piss-easy hitch, probably make it in less time than the train does

i'd rather not get raped by a lorry driver ;)

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-18 10:14:06

At 8/17/07 05:50 PM, Luis wrote: SuperFlashBros Tom + Dim
Me
Mogly
Kirk-Cocaine
Delta
*Luksy

=========

I think the following people said they were but i havent talked to them so who knows:

Wonchop
JPI
zoy
Floppydiskclock

Goddamn you Luis :P

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-18 10:28:05

Damn, I would love to go, but there might be slight age issues.
You say there'll be some drinking? I'm 3 years under age for drinking, and 5 years under for buying. Are these London meet ups every year? If so, see you in 2010.

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-18 11:42:22

At 8/18/07 10:28 AM, Yhtomit wrote: Damn, I would love to go, but there might be slight age issues.
You say there'll be some drinking? I'm 3 years under age for drinking, and 5 years under for buying. Are these London meet ups every year? If so, see you in 2010.

Well... contrary to what most people believe the whole meet isnt drinkfest 2007.. im not trailer trash so i definately dont want to be heavy drinking like at 1pm or something... i think the plan is to just hang out at waterloo, the arcade thing, or wherever everyone feels like wandering to and then the whole meetup eventually wraps up at a pub or something like that...

my point is if drinking isnt your thing or you are on antibiotics or whatever really, then you can still come out and hang out for the first part of the experience and then bounce out for the latter. Or vice versa if you arent interested in hanging out and just want to drink haha

None

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-18 12:45:54

At 8/17/07 06:57 PM, dELtaluca wrote: kirk, the scale me and my mates incoperatre goes something along th lines of:

fresh -> tipsy -> drunk -> pissed ->...

after pissed, well were all too pised to incoperate the sacle anymore...

Really? I don't tend to drink a lot that often, but pissed's generally closer to the middle of the scale I'm used to. Now, if someone manages to pass through 'wasted' and still be able to get up on two feet, that's when creative naming comes in.

Also, let's not forget that golden stage: 'bisexual'

Anyway, enough alcy talk. What's the actual full plan for the day? Depending on what's going on, I could take a couple of lessons off and get a train on Friday, but it all depends how early everyone's wanting to meet up on Saturday.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-18 12:51:27

pissed is towards the end of our scale, and the other names all generally are just fun replacements for inbetween states.

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-18 15:09:34

lol, how about let's shift the discussion over to what we can do in London while sober. I'm sure the piss-up stage can work itself out as it happens :)

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-18 15:24:42

Since the main theme at the moment is drinking/getting drunk: I came across this clip a couple of minutes ago and the first thing that crossed my mind was the Reg Meet. Sounds like you guys are going to have some fun in London.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-19 12:32:44

Ok before i go on holiday i want to get my train tickets so prices wont go up. So would these times be OK if i roll into london on saturday between noon and 2pm, and roll out sunday between 1pm-3pm?

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-19 13:43:54

Just thought I'd let you know, I still intend on going along to this meetup :)

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-21 09:58:18

ok im getting my tickets in a few hours, anyone give me any reason i shouldnt?

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-21 10:42:48

blah, wish i did this a few weeks ago, im paying about £20 more than if i'd done it back then, ah well.

Saturday: Leave 10:03. Arrive 13:10 £32.00
Sunday: Leave 14:00. Arrive 17:04 £41.00

last chance for someone to stop me?

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-21 10:59:12

At 8/21/07 10:42 AM, dELtaluca wrote: last chance for someone to stop me?

Like I'm going to stop you!
All I'm going to say is that, yes, you really, really should have bought your train tickets a month ago like I did. I'm doing the entire thing for twenty something quid... Oh, make sure you pick up a Zone 1-2 travelcard for the Saturday as well if you've not got one included. Zone 1-2 will get us around any landmarks people think up on a spur of the moment (Because I can see Kirk saying "Hey guys, lets all go to the Tower of London and try to drive the ravens away...")

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-21 11:04:33

dont remind me, i was getting thme for about £30 before, thne it went up and up, nevermind: i just got payed a few days ago (£250 straight into bank, account i never held it) so i wont notice £70 dissapearing before ive seen my balance updated.

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-21 11:06:53

is there any need to pre-buy the travelcard, or can i just get it when i arrive in london at tube station, id rather not have anything delievered to the house :P

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-22 04:31:54

At 8/21/07 11:06 AM, dELtaluca wrote: is there any need to pre-buy the travelcard, or can i just get it when i arrive in london at tube station, id rather not have anything delievered to the house :P

You can get them on the day. The queues will only be half a mile long at worst. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-22 05:25:46

When IS the meet up? And second most important question, how old's the youngest person that's going gonna be?

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-22 05:38:02

At 8/22/07 05:25 AM, Yhtomit wrote: When IS the meet up? And second most important question, how old's the youngest person that's going gonna be?

As the first page says, Saturday September 8th (three Saturdays away). Time wise it seems to be ranging anywhere between 10 in the morning (for me anyway, that'll be when I hit Pancras) to 2 in the afternoon, and will probably last long into the early hours of Sunday morning.

And Delta's currently the youngest at (checks his profile) sixteen. Median age looks like nineteen.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-22 05:39:15

At 8/22/07 05:25 AM, Yhtomit wrote: When IS the meet up? And second most important question, how old's the youngest person that's going gonna be?

Ok, I just checked the first page, got my answer. Now could anyone answer my second question?

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-22 09:05:44

At 8/21/07 09:58 AM, dELtaluca wrote: ok im getting my tickets in a few hours, anyone give me any reason i shouldnt?
At 8/21/07 09:58 AM, dELtaluca wrote: ok im getting my tickets in a few hours, anyone give me any reason i shouldnt?

Go for it, if it all falls apart atleast ill hang out with you. I paid $1200 to make it over there! Thats about 6 quid.

I think if youre even semi outgoing youll have a good time.. worst case scenario youll walk away confirming that newgrounds mods are the complete douchebags you've heard rumors about.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-22 09:11:07

At 8/22/07 05:39 AM, Yhtomit wrote:
Ok, I just checked the first page, got my answer. Now could anyone answer my second question?

It's hard to say, because usually what i find is that people just end up showing up to these things especially when its at a public venue... my educated guess is that the age bracket is 15-24ish...

As for the time of the actual event, we can decide that next week, i'll make a little minimap and rough itinerary... i think my euro mobile will be coming in next week also so i'll be able to PM anyone my number so that you can get in touch with me if we happen to not be where we are supposed to.

My guess is that we will meet up around lunch time ... if theres anyone that comes sooner they can come to my hotel and hangout with whomever ends up there.. i think mogly and luksy will be there from the day before. So anyway yea next week we'll begin refining this shit.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-22 10:32:16

have fun yall.im having a mini meatup soon.but he doesnt know.hahaha.

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-22 14:14:38

At 8/22/07 09:05 AM, Luis wrote: Go for it, if it all falls apart atleast ill hang out with you. I paid $1200 to make it over there! Thats about 6 quid.

This is, of course, unless you're buying computer equipment or software, where you treat the numbers as if dollars are equal to pounds even if the exchange rate IS 1 to 2...

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-22 23:07:26

For anyone who was gonna come to the hotel. I switched hotels. Heres the new one.

Sorry guys.

http://www.k-west.co.uk

None

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-25 22:36:25

Tom mailed over some stickers and fliers from comic con to hand out to you all...

None

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-25 22:51:59

At 8/1/07 09:11 PM, 23450 wrote: When im old enough to go to one of these without my parents freaking out about me meeting people i dont really know in a conpletely different country, i'll try and get out to one. Until then, all of you's have fun.

same here, im workin on a game with some dude in egypt and its gonna be hard enough to convice her to let him send me half the money (if we get sponsor)

So I doubt i'd be able to come, although i'm not in the flash forum much, I could still have fun, and i'm sure you wouldn't want a 13 year old there anyway :p

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-25 23:33:32

At 8/22/07 11:07 PM, Luis wrote: For anyone who was gonna come to the hotel. I switched hotels. Heres the new one.
Sorry guys.
http://www.k-west.co.uk

LOL. Luis lets make a truce on this one, what happens in London, stays in London.

"A haven for the weary traveller! Wrap yourself in a waffle bathrobe, flick on the TV and make yourself a hot drink, or order something special from room service. Snuggly duvets with hand made mattresses together with non allergenic pillows and luxurious bed linen offer one of the best night's sleep you can have anywhere."

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Flash Reg's Uk Meetup 07 Innit 2007-08-28 11:01:45

So this week i'll make a little map and timetable for the legendary meeteup going on next weekend... its creeeping up.

None

BBS Signature