00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Th Futurama club.

143,712 Views | 2,770 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-25 12:43:58

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-25 13:02:01

I wanna join

BBS Signature

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-25 13:18:22

:still up in clock tower: muwahahahahah!!!
:drops clip: ah damn it.....

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-25 13:45:45

At 10/25/03 01:02 PM, Foolishfool666 wrote: I wanna join

your #18 check the site soon, I'll add your name there too.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-25 21:22:19

check this beatch out!

Th Futurama club.

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-25 22:26:30

At 10/25/03 09:22 PM, h2hpresident wrote: check this beatch out!

O man, I', only a safety patrol now, well just 90 more blams to go to be where you are! I know the portal has more than that much shit come through it every day, only if I started blamming sooner!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-26 00:58:04

At 10/25/03 10:26 PM, Freek_Sk8er wrote:
At 10/25/03 09:22 PM, h2hpresident wrote: check this beatch out!
O man, I', only a safety patrol now, well just 90 more blams to go to be where you are! I know the portal has more than that much shit come through it every day, only if I started blamming sooner!

thanx god!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-26 22:03:19

yeah being high ranked makes your vote higher!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-26 22:07:59

hey can i join, futurama kicks @$$~!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 07:16:12

Sorry that I have not been posting as much anymore. I hardly have time to go on the messages boards. That will all change. Did anyone see the Futurama episode on Sunday?

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 09:23:53

At 10/26/03 10:07 PM, Newtumblingfool wrote: hey can i join, futurama kicks @$$~!

Yea, your #19

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 10:02:23

At 10/27/03 07:16 AM, RyanAn wrote: Sorry that I have not been posting as much anymore. I hardly have time to go on the messages boards. That will all change. Did anyone see the Futurama episode on Sunday?

Ryan

Cool, finally some of the old members came back! or at least you did, wonder what happened to spanky51?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 16:28:00

i hear that futurama season 3 dvd is coming out is this true?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 17:25:38

Hey is Futurama gonna sign on with another network or is this the end?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 19:47:59

At 10/27/03 04:28 PM, h2hpresident wrote: i hear that futurama season 3 dvd is coming out is this true?

Hey, I follow www.tvshowsondvd.com like I was a stalker... It is a great site, that is updated all the time. They go to trade shows, blah blah... Anyways, I have not heard anything in the past few months, since season 2 came out, but I would bet that 3 is a sure thing. It is just a matter of time, look at Family Guy season 3, it was the highest grossing TV show on DVD of all time, and I am sure Futurama did good as well... I would recommend contacting FOX and ask...

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 19:49:29

At 10/27/03 05:25 PM, Nemesis_remix wrote: Hey is Futurama gonna sign on with another network or is this the end?

Like with Family Guy, Cartoon Network would probably want to continue the series. I know for a fact that they want Family Guy, and with the chance, they would pick it up in a hearbeat. I have not heard anything of late. Possibly a direct-to-DVD set of some sort in the future. We can only hope.

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 21:59:13

At 10/27/03 07:49 PM, RyanAn wrote:
At 10/27/03 05:25 PM, Nemesis_remix wrote: Hey is Futurama gonna sign on with another network or is this the end?
Like with Family Guy, Cartoon Network would probably want to continue the series. I know for a fact that they want Family Guy, and with the chance, they would pick it up in a hearbeat. I have not heard anything of late. Possibly a direct-to-DVD set of some sort in the future. We can only hope.

Ryan

I think CT is going to take futurama because I think I read that on www.gofuturama.com and it said that Cartoon Network is the most likely one to take futurama!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 22:01:25

At 10/27/03 09:59 PM, Freek_Sk8er wrote:
At 10/27/03 07:49 PM, RyanAn wrote:
I think CN is going to take futurama because I think I read that on www.gofuturama.com and it said that Cartoon Network is the most likely one to take futurama!

Sorry its www.gotfuturama.com

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 22:54:10

Over one year ago, Futurama Season 1 was released on DVD and VHS around Europe. In November 2002, the Australian Futurama DVD release followed. On March 25th 2003 - 5 months after Europeans were enjoying their Season 2 DVDs - the American fans finally get their fix, too. Are they worth their money? Read on!

The different DVD versions caused some confusion regarding packaging, included languages and subtitles which you can take from the following table:

Languages Subtitles
America English, Spanish, French English, Spanish
Australia English, French, Italian Dutch, French, Italian, English (hearing impaired)
Germany German, English, Spanish English, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, German
UK English Dutch, English (+ hearing impaired), French, Italian

While the European Futurama DVD sets come in a nicely designed cardboard package with a half-transparent plastic slide-on cover holding three individual plastic DVD cases, the US region 1 DVDs have way thinner transparent individual cases. If you place the three cases next to each other, you get a panorama picture. Pictures below are taken from the German DVDs.

The actual disc design is original (Lrrr with an "Omicron Persei 8 or bust!" sign, for one) but the printing is a bit jagged. On the backside of the cases there is one screen shot and a summary for each episode included on the disc. This replaces the small episode guide booklet you might have gotten used to from the Simpsons DVDs.

Inserting a DVD, you get to endure the usual lawyer talk which after a while turns into a busy New New York backdrop with the DVD menu. Frankly, the street noises in the background get quite annoying after a while. But you're not meant to stay with them for long anyway... Each episode has an individual menu screen, some of which have a hidden easter egg. Weirdly enough, you need to select an episode before you can get to the special features and language settings.

Spanning three DVDs are the first 13 episodes produced for Futurama. CGEF visitors gave Futurama's season 1 episodes a stellar 90.5% average rating with none lower than 84%, which is currently unmatched by other seasons. Don't get confused with FOX only airing 9 episodes in season 1: They simply stopped early to have some up their sleeves for season 2. DVD by DVD, these are:

DISC 1:

[1ACV01] Space Pilot 3000
[1ACV02] The Series Has Landed
[1ACV03] I, Roommate
[1ACV04] Love's Labour's Lost In Space

DISC 2:

[1ACV05] Fear of a Bot Planet
[1ACV06] A Fishful of Dollars
[1ACV07] My Three Suns
[1ACV08] A Big Piece of Garbage
[1ACV09] Hell Is Other Robots

DISC 3:

[1ACV10] A Flight To Remember
[1ACV11] Mars University
[1ACV12] When Aliens Attack
[1ACV13] Fry & the Slurm Factory

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-27 22:55:34

At 22 minutes apiece, you'll have to plan for nearly 5 hours of watching. But don't you think you're done just then. The most outstanding of the special features will have you busy for just as long: Each and every episode has an alternative sound track with audio commentaries by Futurama creator Matt Groening, executive producer David X. Cohen and changing character voices - including Billy West and John DiMaggio - plus others. They talk about the creation process of the episodes and DVDs and give insight into the show and its background. Sometimes they are just being funny, though. Nothing wrong with that. Also, you get 8 deleted scenes from 6 of the episodes.

The first Futurama DVD has two more gems to offer. You get to see a full-length crude animation called "Animatics" of the Futurama pilot. These are produced from the story boards before they ship to Korea for coloring, fine lining and drawing intermediate frames. Even more interesting to myself was the inclusion of both the Space Pilot 3000 story board and David Cohen's script, which features many direction comments scribbled at the side. Disc 2 has a trailed for the DVDs (as you already have bought them by now, that doesn't really make sense...), but it's targeted at the European audience and thusly not included on the American release. With a "Featurette" showing some chest hair (Matt's at that), and a a still image gallery of early concept designs, the last DVD can shine quite some regarding special features.

The video quality of all episodes is really great, which is no wonder as Futurama is produced digitally in the first place. You won't find any squiggly lines or faded colors in this one. No compression artifacts to be seen anywhere either. Only downside to this is that the picture is actually so clear that you can sometimes see distinct color fields in fades from one color to the next. But then again, you shouldn't be sitting as close to the TV as I was.

Audio quality is a mixed bag. Although it sounds great with an actual orchestra for background music, the Futurama DVDs were not enhanced to 5.1 surround. But some effects are panned to their respective left/right position, making things some more lively.

To summarize, the first Futurama DVD set has really great main content (the episodes) with neat and informative commentaries and deleted scenes, but also some glitches in the menu design and sound format. Are they worth their money? Yup! Buy it!

The Futurama Season 1 DVD set is currently available online at amazon.co.uk for £19.99 (50% off), amazon.de for €39.99 and at amazon.com for $27.99 (30% off).

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-28 06:45:37

At 10/27/03 10:54 PM, h2hpresident wrote:
You should really give credit when you plagarize something...

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-28 08:33:53

ok i got all that stuff from www.gotfuturama.com if you want more facts you can go there then there are some sister sites that have lots of info too!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-28 11:43:01

Lets thank Nemesis_Remix to, cause if it wasnt for hium trieng to link to a site with the "official canclation" of futurama, I would of never found that site! I always did wonder why there wasnt a futurama.com

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-28 16:13:34

At 10/28/03 11:43 AM, Freek_Sk8er wrote: Lets thank Nemesis_Remix to, cause if it wasnt for hium trieng to link to a site with the "official canclation" of futurama, I would of never found that site! I always did wonder why there wasnt a futurama.com

maybe we shuld buy the site!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-28 16:18:46

At 10/28/03 04:13 PM, h2hpresident wrote:
At 10/28/03 11:43 AM, Freek_Sk8er wrote: Lets thank Nemesis_Remix to, cause if it wasnt for hium trieng to link to a site with the "official canclation" of futurama, I would of never found that site! I always did wonder why there wasnt a futurama.com
maybe we shuld buy the site!

you knowthe ownership rights of futurama.com

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-28 20:52:49

man i love watching futurama!

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-28 22:03:57

DONT CLICK HERE

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-28 22:05:01

DONT CLICK HERE

ok dont click that one

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-28 22:06:23

DONT CLICK HERE

ok dont click that one

dammit ok now this should work

Response to Th Futurama club. 2003-10-29 06:41:31

At 10/28/03 10:06 PM, h2hpresident wrote: DONT CLICK HERE

ok dont click that one

dammit ok now this should work

All you have to do is hover over the link. It logs you out. Warning, this guy is trying to log you out. That should be worthy of banning if you ask me.

Ryan

How you doin?