00:00
00:00

posting flash larger than 10mb

690 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-07-28 12:44:53

Hi!
This question is to anyone who has posted some flash content larger than 10mb. I wanna post this game on newgrounds.
But it is over 10mb, its 12,5mb.
I checked this site and it says i am supposed to e-mail tom about this, but i havent been getting any response. I noticed that the faq i saw it on was old cause it said the maximum size was 5mb, so i wanted to know if the method has also changed.
If anyone has posted before a large file plz tell me how they did it, and if it was a e-mail, did it take long or was it not a long process?

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-07-28 12:54:13

How long ago did you email Tom? If it wasn't too long ago then you'll need to give him some more time to reply; he gets a LOT of emails each day.

BBS Signature

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-07-28 12:55:51

Also, right now he's at comicon. So he'll probably get to it when he gets back.

BBS Signature

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-07-28 12:59:21

Well last time i sent him an e-mail was 24 hours ago. But i had sent it one a while ago (about a week), but that was before i got the sponsor and i didnt get a reply.

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-07-28 13:01:49

At 7/28/07 12:57 PM, fetusdoctor wrote: That game would be a lot better if you could click the answers instead of having to type them.

It would be like that if there wasnt the time factor. You are supposed to be quick. If you just click the answer, everybody would have the same score.

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-07-28 16:12:54

In the meantime, while Tom is unavailable, maybe some of these tips can cut down the filesize enough without ruining the flash.

Optimization and file size tutorial

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-08-01 13:48:53

Just one question... when does this comicon event finish?

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-08-01 13:53:27

At 8/1/07 01:48 PM, M1KES wrote: Just one question... when does this comicon event finish?

It ended it on the 29th.

Although, you should probably read Tom's newest news post here, specifically the part where he mentions 2,000 PMs/emails to catch up on :p

BBS Signature

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-08-01 13:58:23

Thanx, i hadn't noticed he had posted that yet.

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-08-07 01:19:17

well, seems like tom is in a shit load of work!! He still hasn't responded me. Anyone here that sent tom a mail after comicon get a response??? I also havent seen him updating anyting on newgrounds.

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-08-07 09:44:02

At 8/7/07 01:19 AM, M1KES wrote: well, seems like tom is in a shit load of work!! He still hasn't responded me. Anyone here that sent tom a mail after comicon get a response??? I also havent seen him updating anyting on newgrounds.

You might want to try to compress then. I'm pretty sure there is something you can tone down. Audio maybe?

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-08-07 09:47:52

At 8/7/07 01:19 AM, M1KES wrote: well, seems like tom is in a shit load of work!! He still hasn't responded me. Anyone here that sent tom a mail after comicon get a response??? I also havent seen him updating anyting on newgrounds.

dont rely on others... i be honest, it was a large flash- 12.05 mb but cant you compress it like kidray76 said? it doesnt have that many vital features... its just a quiz game...

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-08-07 10:26:30

At 8/7/07 09:47 AM, Cheekyvincent wrote:
dont rely on others... i be honest, it was a large flash- 12.05 mb but cant you compress it like kidray76 said? it doesnt have that many vital features... its just a quiz game...

After viewing the game, I must admit, it is a good. Might when an award, just there is definetly room to compress. Audio and maybe changing the input box to maybe click button feature would help alot.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-08-08 07:36:43

At 8/7/07 10:26 AM, kidray76 wrote:
After viewing the game, I must admit, it is a good. Might when an award, just there is definetly room to compress. Audio and maybe changing the input box to maybe click button feature would help alot

The audio is as compressed as it can be! If i remove all audio, it only removes 1mb in the filesize. The main factor that makes it large is the HUGE amount of sprites its got. And on top of it... the street fighter 3 sprites are huge on comparision to any other sprites i've seen. And as you can see the sprites are already at a low quality, so i can downgrade it anymore. Just an idea, if i put high quality sprites and sound the game stays at 30mb.

I done my best to compress, and i didnt want to rely on other people to post it for me. But what can i do...

Response to posting flash larger than 10mb 2007-08-08 07:39:53

At 8/7/07 10:26 AM, kidray76 wrote:
After viewing the game, I must admit, it is a good. Might when an award, just there is definetly room to compress. Audio and maybe changing the input box to maybe click button feature would help alot.

And about the click the answer feature, alot of people asked me about it. But just think of it...
The game scores you based on time, so you it keeps it fast paced, if there were just clicking, it would be more boring and to easy. Its not only about how fast you think, but also how fast you right