00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

B/P ranks 51+

1,122,149 Views | 16,257 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 08:08:16

At 5/23/04 12:11 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Hahahaha. Poor Morph never knows whats going on. lol

I dunno if I´m hallusintaing but allmost in every topic I read, Pure LionHeart is making fun of someone :D

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 08:12:48

At 5/24/04 08:03 AM, kospas wrote:

Thanks, you have enlightened me, D0GMA. Great with your namechange ;)

NP.

I was long overdue for a name change back to it from that hackers thing, but I had some other ideas on names I also wanted to use for a bit before settling back into D0GMA. The trouble was that the sigs I was making for the two were running over 2MB. All this move nonsense came to a head while I was still fiddling with them so I just stuck with acidburn. When I get the 3rd computer back up I can start whacking at the sigs again. Once I get them down to size, there'll be a couple more name changes before I come back to D0GMA again for good ... or until another movie strikes my fancy ^^

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 09:34:16

At 5/24/04 08:08 AM, -Alpe- wrote: I dunno if I´m hallusintaing but allmost in every topic I read, Pure LionHeart is making fun of someone :D

And if you actually look, that is like every thread.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 10:09:33

At 5/24/04 08:08 AM, -Alpe- wrote:
I dunno if I´m hallusintaing but allmost in every topic I read, Pure LionHeart is making fun of someone :D

Or regulars are making fun of him :)

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 10:11:01

At 5/24/04 10:09 AM, -HeadBanger- wrote:

Excatcly xD.

Good thing no one hasn´t came on me since I joined. Ppl were nicer in "the old days".

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 11:22:01

At 5/23/04 11:44 AM, jonthomson wrote: Are you being sarcastic or just a bit stupid? That was the 3,000th post in the topic. You've bagged the 3,000th reply though, shame you couldn't make more of it :-)

Deffinately stupid.
So i got the 3000th post then eh? Yay for me and this topic! Too bad i didn't know and did a crappy 3000th post though. :-(

At 5/23/04 12:11 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Hahahaha. Poor Morph never knows whats going on. lol

Hey man, i resent that, i sometimes know what's going on :-D

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 11:23:09

No again you did not get the 3000 post but the 3000th reply

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 11:25:17

At 5/24/04 10:09 AM, -HeadBanger- wrote:

Everyone's out to get me... :(

Besides, I don't make fun of someone in every post. I just make fun of Morph a lot. ;)

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 11:28:20

At 5/24/04 11:23 AM, IM_KOOL_R_U wrote: No again you did not get the 3000 post but the 3000th reply

A perfect example of what Pure said.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 11:41:44

At 5/24/04 11:25 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Besides, I don't make fun of someone in every post. I just make fun of Morph a lot. ;)

Another true fact... man, this is starting to get complicated :D.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 11:44:42

At 5/24/04 11:25 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Besides, I don't make fun of someone in every post. I just make fun of Morph a lot. ;)

*weep* It's corner time...

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 11:46:30

At 5/24/04 11:41 AM, -Alpe- wrote: Another true fact... man, this is starting to get complicated :D.

I'm a complex dude, Alpe. A complex dude. lol

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 11:51:52

At 5/24/04 11:46 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 5/24/04 11:41 AM, -Alpe- wrote: Another true fact... man, this is starting to get complicated :D.
I'm a complex dude, Alpe. A complex dude. lol

No shit!? Should we make a Complex Club? :D

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 11:51:55

At 5/24/04 11:46 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: I'm a complex dude, Alpe. A complex dude. lol

Complex and evil, EVIL i tell you! Don't come near me again!

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 12:06:51

At 5/24/04 11:51 AM, -Alpe- wrote: No shit!? Should we make a Complex Club? :D

Nah, a Complex club would be...difficult to uphold. lol (Notice the cheesy pun.) :D

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 14:01:48

At 5/24/04 11:51 AM, thegreatmorph wrote:
At 5/24/04 11:46 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: I'm a complex dude, Alpe. A complex dude. lol
Complex and evil, EVIL i tell you! Don't come near me again!

I'm not evil, i'm neutral. Because we all know, aura never lies. :)

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 16:21:30

Just in case anyone wanted a good chuckle, here's a quick (yeah right) recap:

As you might recall, I cancelled my DSL order back on 14 May when I discovered that they were on giving me one static IP. I also quoted the e-mail stating that the service was actually going to be delayed until the 14th. On the 14th, before I cancelled it, they sent an e-mail stating:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, we've had to change the date on which your service is to be activated. The expected activation date is 05-19-2004."

On Wednesday, 5 days after I cancelled it:

"Thank you for your patience. Your DSL Order is still being processed. However, we are experiencing a delay in activating your service on telephone number XXX-XXX-XXXX. Please know that we are working diligently to provide you with service. We've had to change the date on which your service is to be activated. The expected activation date is 05-24-2004."

This morning I received an identical e-mail stating that they were going to have to push it back to 27 May. The way things have been going, odds are they'll e-mail me on Thursday about it being delayed ad infinitum and I'm going to get a bill for DSL.

The only bright spot on the DSL bit is that Steve (the sales rep) finally bothered to call me back this morning after I left him (yet another) message. I reamed him out for a few minutes about all the grief I went through, since he hadn't bothered to call me back after I contacted him back when I first received the equipment, and pointed out that it was impossible for me to receive multiple static IPs anywhere on the entire eastern seaboard.

I kid you not, his response was, "who told you that?" in that same self-righteous tone you get from a five year-old you just busted for lying. Well, let's see, I spent about 3 hours going in circles, talked to 8 or 9 different people who either had a clue or someone they could ask who had a spare clue they could lend out, every one of whom said that I could not get multiple static IPs without getting multiple DSL lines. "I'll look into this and call you back."

/me not holding me breath.

The Commercial department for cable, no surprise, hasn't bothered to call me today. The only number they give out is to the residential services so I was stuck having them fax information over again.

/me not holding my breath.

Since my plates came in here, I figured it was about time I send my old NY plates in. While I was at the Post Awful, I remembered that I had had to pay DMV to let me turn them in the last time so came back here to see what, if anything, else I was going to have to send in along with the plates. I finally rifled through enough of their website to find the information and discovered that my insurance company had given me a different address to send the plates to than the DMV was saying to send them. ~sigh~ on the phone again ... just can't wait to get on the phone again ...

It turns out that the address given to me by the insurance guy back, oh 3 weeks ago, was a year out of date. The first agent I talked to today had to transfer me to someone who handles NY. No big deal, since they are NY plates right? Wrong. Apparently my car is still in NY, despite the fact that I changed all that information 3 weeks ago and they've even mailed me stuff here ... but my car is in NY. If I run someone over with my phantom vehicle, well, run through them since it's not really here, would they die of fright?

While I was back at the Post Awful (just watch, they'll find a way to get my plates to the wrong address) Yvonne from USAA calls me back. "I was going through your file and I noticed no one had checked that they told you about this. You'll have to fill out a proof of residency form to maintain your insurance in New Hampshire. We'll mail that out to you after we receive a confirmation that the plates have been turned in. You'll have to get it back to us within 60 days or your insurance will be cancelled." I can already see 3 different ways for this to get screwed up ...

/me not holding my breath

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 16:33:47

Hahahaha. This is better than TV! You should have your own cartoon. lol

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 16:40:07

At 5/24/04 04:21 PM, D0GMA wrote: stuff

Damn, that's what i call bad luck...

Hope everything works out fine for you

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-24 16:45:17

At 5/24/04 04:21 PM, D0GMA wrote: Just in case anyone wanted a good chuckle, here's a quick (yeah right) recap:

Ouch. Don't know if you've been doing it, but there's only one language these telco conglomerates understand, and that's strongly worded letters threatening legal action. Seriously, without them, NTL would probably still be trying to bill me for a place I moved out of in '02...

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 01:05:24

At 5/24/04 02:01 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Because we all know, aura never lies. :)

*whistles*

Btw, I´ve gone really high on this list. Still waiting for gfox`s Big VP update list... *sigh*

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 08:07:07

At 5/24/04 04:21 PM, D0GMA wrote: /me not holding me breath.
/me not holding my breath.

I'm sure they want you to. A dead customer is a lot easier to handle than one wanting decency from a business. ;)

Heh. Stupidity runs rampant. That Steve sounds like an asshole.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 08:30:18

At 5/25/04 08:07 AM, FlGMENT wrote:

I'm sure they want you to. A dead customer is a lot easier to handle than one wanting decency from a business. ;)

As long as the twitches while in rigor sign the checks ...

Heh. Stupidity runs rampant. That Steve sounds like an asshole.

I'll find out today. I'm giving him 24 hours to have done his, "I'll look into it," bit and get back to me before I start hounding him again. He led me to believe there were multiple static IPs. I know it's not the case, but I'm still holding out hope. If cable bothers to call me back first, or if I hear from Steve that he was wrong/lied through his teeth to me, I'll be going with them.

The cable agent assigned to this location hasn't returned any of the messages I've left him, so I'll probably be stuck with install fees again. TV was supposed to be a free install, but cost me $50 since I had to set it up through the company itself rather than whatever deal he had. And so it continues ...

Bank-wise, I got the fee refunded and a notation on my credit report that it was a bank error ... but discovered that my card doesn't access my savings the way it's supposed to. I went in and filled out the form yesterday ("it'll be a day or two before this goes through" /me not holding my breath) and snagged an account balance while I was there. The bank thinks I have $1k more than the ATM and I think I do. Something else to get into today ...

That EKU 28 I mentioned a few pages ago that I was trying to get is the latest addition to the WTF pile. EKU 28 is one of two beers that claims to be the strongest in the world (that 28 is the proof) and now that I thought I had a line on where I could get some for the first time in years, I really want it.

Last week they told me, every day, to call back "tomorrow," as the beer shipment had not come in. How they went an entire week without restocking any of their other beers, while placing orders every day, completely escapes me. Yesterday they told me it's, "not available or it's on back order. That's what it says here on the order sheet." Well ... which is it? So after a week of daily long distance calls, I had Kathy take down my name and number and sent her off to find out where I can get some.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 08:40:03

Woot ... top 100 is complete again ^^

good_guy_o

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 12:43:21

At 5/25/04 08:30 AM, D0GMA wrote: I'll find out today. I'm giving him 24 hours to have done his, "I'll look into it," bit and get back to me before I start hounding him again. He led me to believe there were multiple static IPs. I know it's not the case, but I'm still holding out hope. If cable bothers to call me back first, or if I hear from Steve that he was wrong/lied through his teeth to me, I'll be going with them.

BTW, when I e-mailed you about how easy and cheap it was for me to get my static IP cable modem... I didn't realise at the time that you were looking for MULTIPLE static IPs. Why the need for multiples, BTW?

At 5/25/04 08:40 AM, D0GMA wrote: Woot ... top 100 is complete again ^^

good_guy_o

Congrats on filling in those blanks. Must be a superrelief.

OGM, FIRST POST IN HERE SINCE PAGE 80-SOMETHING.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 13:03:55

At 5/25/04 12:43 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
BTW, when I e-mailed you about how easy and cheap it was for me to get my static IP cable modem... I didn't realise at the time that you were looking for MULTIPLE static IPs. Why the need for multiples, BTW?

I had the same system in Binghamton. It was ~$40 install, $40/mo +$10/extra IP. Comcast here runs the same system, but I'm a few miles outside their service area or I'd already be hooked up. For cable I'm only in Adelphia's range, who only offer dynamic cable IPs for their normal service, thus all this garbage. To even get static, on either cable or DSL service, I need to have a business line installed, which is between double and triple the normal residential rate ... depending on which twit is quoting me the wrong amounts again.

A couple of the systems I connect to use IP verification for added security. Not only do you have to know my IDs and passwords, you also need to be spoofing the IP attached to them to get any actions processed. This dynamic crap is really putting me in a bind.

At 5/25/04 08:40 AM, D0GMA wrote: Woot ... top 100 is complete again ^^

good_guy_o

Big time. It's part of why I'm so chipper this morning ... that and the fact that I'm putting off dealing with the idiots so I don't lose that feeling.

WB =)

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 13:50:32

At 5/25/04 01:03 PM, D0GMA wrote: I had the same system in Binghamton. It was ~$40 install, $40/mo +$10/extra IP. Comcast here runs the same system, but I'm a few miles outside their service area or I'd already be hooked up. For cable I'm only in Adelphia's range, who only offer dynamic cable IPs for their normal service, thus all this garbage. To even get static, on either cable or DSL service, I need to have a business line installed, which is between double and triple the normal residential rate ... depending on which twit is quoting me the wrong amounts again.

But do you need a business line for even just ONE static IP? Or just for the multiples?

Cause my single static IP is residential, and as I said in the e-mail, it's the norm. I didn't request it, there IS no dynamic IP with RoadRunner. At least here in Houston.

A couple of the systems I connect to use IP verification for added security. Not only do you have to know my IDs and passwords, you also need to be spoofing the IP attached to them to get any actions processed. This dynamic crap is really putting me in a bind.

I gotcha, but I still don't see why you need more than one static, really.

Big time. It's part of why I'm so chipper this morning ... that and the fact that I'm putting off dealing with the idiots so I don't lose that feeling.

Well, I'm sure it does a lot to counteract the effects of all those idiots and those phone calls you've been having to make.

I hope my list updates helped a bit, too, even though you lost ground on one of 'em. ;_;

Ever closer to EGSC, in any event, no matter the rate.

And that's what it's allllll about. That and 36,000 b/p, yep.

Now I don't know what to do, because 36k was my goal ever since getting EGSC (okay, I wouldn't mind passing people, either, but it wasn't the primary thing).

I'm certainly not going to emulate ramagi and stay put for a few months. But I anticipate finally slowing down. I'm talking <50 bppd, and thus.... no longer getting the nifty colours on your updates. ;_;

WB =)

I really do hope that stands for welcome back and not the WB. #;-}> Thanks. I read 100, 101, and 102... if anyone said anything important to (or about!) me between 80ish and 99, someone better let me know, cause I don't know when or if I'll read everything. :::nods:::

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 14:12:56

At 5/25/04 01:50 PM, gfoxcook wrote:

But do you need a business line for even just ONE static IP? Or just for the multiples?

Depending upon which cable twit I talked to it was anything from $5-$14 for each additional, but I still had to get business line just to get the first static IP

Cause my single static IP is residential, and as I said in the e-mail, it's the norm. I didn't request it, there IS no dynamic IP with RoadRunner. At least here in Houston.

I'd never even thought of a cable ISP offering dynamic IPs, let alone it being the norm. Whatever dimwit came up with this plan needs to be shot. All they are doing is asking for trouble.

Dynamic IPs are only offered by companies that have chosen to buy blocks of IPs that total less than the number of customers. This nonsense is why, back in the bad old days of AOL, you'd randomly get kicked off after 45 minutes or so ... more frequently during peak hours. They owned so many fewer IPs than there were users that they had to, or people logging in wouldn't even get on. Now that they've expanded to working on cable they have much less of a problem, as they use the IP the cable company provides as the carrier IP.

I gotcha, but I still don't see why you need more than one static, really.

I've got 3 systems now, up from 2 and down from 5. It just makes my life easier if they are all on their own IP and bandwidth. Even at a normal monthly rate, like you have and I used to have, the cost of an extra line is minimal in comparison. With this cable system I'm probably going to have to do, it's nothing. This DSL shit, where it's $110/mo PER static IP plus the monthly cost of extra business phone lines is a clusterfuck.

I hope my list updates helped a bit, too, even though you lost ground on one of 'em. ;_;

Updates are always good ^^ I expected to lose more ground than I did, so still happy

Ever closer to EGSC, in any event, no matter the rate.

troodat

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 18:34:13

MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA PH33R US!!! The only non-robotic extreme voters.
Hey! I used to be extreme...

used to... (sob)

I would dare say MOST votes are non-robotic, "extreem" or not.
but what do I know, I'm too trusting anyway.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-05-25 18:36:50

At 5/25/04 06:34 PM, Bila wrote: I would dare say MOST votes are non-robotic, "extreem" or not.
but what do I know, I'm too trusting anyway.

Hmmmm...I'm getting suspicious. The plot thickens. :)

BBS Signature