New Topic Respond to this Topic
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Writers Club 2010-12-18 15:52:19 Reply

Place has been dead for quite some time obviously. But would like to try and join up around here. But write poetry and short stories so guess if this place can pick up some then will post some of my works up here.

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to Writers Club 2010-12-18 16:01:32 Reply

At 12/18/10 03:52 PM, Pandamir wrote: Place has been dead for quite some time obviously. But would like to try and join up around here. But write poetry and short stories so guess if this place can pick up some then will post some of my works up here.

I figured that this club would pretty much lose it's purpose with the Writer's Forum Lounge in the writing forum. Perhaps not though because I still see plenty of video game clubs still existing even though their a video game forum.

Click on my signature to check out my Youtube Channel. The Dom and Fro Show!
Check out My Blog
Daily Diary of an Uber Driver

BBS Signature
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club 2010-12-19 02:36:53 Reply

How many years have you been writing: 35 years
How many flash story's you have written: what is a flash story?
How many real life story's you have written: In my personal writing none, but I worked on a couple of newspapers a few years back.
And your name (optional): addie

So what's up, people?

addie

BBS Signature
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Writers Club 2012-10-28 22:11:30 Reply

At 1/11/10 07:20 PM, Zuproc wrote: Nice stuff guys. Next time I drop by I'll post something!

How do you guys feel about fan fiction? I refer not to "Voldemort discovers a sudden sexual attraction to Harry Potter" fanfics of course. My preference is fan fiction that focuses on semi-realistic, practical changes. "What-ifs" is the proper term. Like, "what-if Simba had fallen instead of Scar?" or "what-if Moriarty was the hero, and Sherlock the villain?". I love the twists on logic/perspective that can come from turning one character from a nice person to a complete asshole. Hold on, by that, I mean that person. I wouldn't like a fic that said "Person A is canonically celibate, but in this fic, Person A is a horny devil and all the ladies want him". No, my interest comes in when it's Person A, and Person A alone that has changed, when a single change has disrupted or altered the world they live in. Etc.

I also like fanfics that capitalize on vague concepts and stories that make "continuations" for cancelled series like Sliders and Heroes.

Anyway, I'm not the kind of fan fic writer who gets massively upset with criticism. I'm actually looking for feedback on most of my stories, because I seem to lack the talent to garner attention/response. I'm also not very good at syntax and diction, I think at least, so any feedback is welcome - good, bad, honest, critical.

if I may be so daring, I keep my stories on this account for those intrigued. For my writing style, I'd say I like to write characters with a degree of realism depending on where they come from. An anime character's probably more subject to "being able to lift a mountain, but getting backhanded by an angry female for comic relief" than the average comic book/graphic novel character. I like to make things "down to earth", audaciously even. At the same time, the list of stories on my account may come off as being overwhelmingly mishanthropic or sadistic - contrary to the standard "Dark Fic" however, I still believe in heroes and happy endings, although not to out the non-currently existent endings of my fanfics.

The point I'm trying to make is: a deal of these fics are rated mature for a reason. Honestly, my two biggest fears are: overwhelmingly negative criticism that doesn't detail the cliches or flaws in my story, and mentally scarring a young child/teenager. So if you're not comfortable with potentially explicit writing, then pretend this explanation never happened.

How many years have you been writing: 2006 was the year I made my first fanfiction net account. That was my first "hardcore" step into writing, but I've been interested in creative writing since elementary.

How many flash story's you have written: I wrote a couple on my old, locked-out account Rague, but most were rubbish produced from my 6th-grader brain.

How many real life story's you have written: None I'm afraid. I've had some ideas, but flexing those ideasi nto a novel hasn't happened yet.

And your name (optional): Demonbrunch/Fanfiction of the Dead

Favorite Author: Ironically, I don't read too many novels -Although I haven't read all of their series yet, I've wanted to take a look at Lord of the Rings and the original Sherlock Holmes stories. If I had to pick favorite authors, I guess it would be Conan Doyle and Tolkien for the representations/adaptions of their characters that I've witnessed, and from what little I've read of The Fellowship of the Ring.

So yeah, bump.