00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kawishinto just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ragnarok (Story)

21,683 Views | 349 Replies

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 11:06:58

We're a bunch of acrobats in a car!

But by the power of American hit and run, we win. Now I guess though, perhaps the police might have noticied all the shooting :)

Also, ow. Too much pain for one day

*breaks down in tears*

"I CANT BE A STRONG WOMAN EVERY SECOND!"

good writing.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 13:53:15

This is awesome, never have i been so hooked to any story.

I'd put something witty here, but that would be pointless and unoriginal.

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 14:45:20

At 7/25/07 01:53 PM, UltraSexyMrBig wrote: This is awesome, never have i been so hooked to any story.

It's a really good attention grabber. It reads like a manga comic rather than a detailed novel and that's a great choice of style for the BBS. Far better than what I do.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 16:41:31

Damn. Now we got drive bys goin on. Very nice.

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 17:09:39

ACT III will hopefully start in a few minutes, if I feel up to it :p

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 17:10:35

At 7/25/07 05:09 PM, El-Duego wrote: ACT III will hopefully start in a few minutes, if I feel up to it :p

And you will. You will.

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 17:45:27

ACT III - Chapter I

Sarai climbed back into the car, looking weary and exhausted. Eric had taken over the wheel, and Aaron was slumped in the passender seat.
"We gotta get him to a hospital." said Eric.
"And what will we tell the doctors?" snapped Sarai, angry at his ignorance. They were in this alone, and he had to understand that.
"Besides," she said, "My uncle owns a helicopter at the airport. I have a license to fly it, we can get to the Blue Grotto that way."
"Okay," replied Eric, "Where's the airport?"
"Straight up ahead." Sarai collapsed in the baack seat. She was exhausted, after fighting off Niko.
She closed her eyes. She was tired, but she wouldn't be able to fall asleep. She smiled, thinking about Niko. That bastard had tortured her, and he had met a fitting end. He had deserved it.
Despite her intentions, Sarai's eyes began to grow heavy, and she soon succumbed to the enticing world of her dreams.

"Sarai!" said Eric, shaking her, "Come on, you gotta help Aaron!!"
Sarai snapped awake. She had forgotten about Aaron, he must have lost a lot of blood. Looking around, she saw that she was right. The upholstery of the car was ruined, and Aaron was growing pale, as every drop left his body.
Sarai placed her hands over the hole in his shoulder.
" Izlazi " she whispred, and she felt the bullet land in her hands. She tossed it aside.
" Zatvori " she said, and she felt the wound close at her fingertips. Aaron had lost a lot of blood, but he should be okay.
"Eric, what time is it?"
"Ugh.." muttered Eric, fumbling for the watch on his wrist, " 9:00 PM."
"Great," replied Sarai, "The 3rd day is just about over."

Aaron awoke slowly, and he had to resist the urge to fall back into sleep.
"Whe...wha...where am I?" he mumbled.
"Finally!" said Sarai, "We were afraid we'd lost ya!" she hugged him, and Aaron felt a spasm of pain run down his arm.
"Where are we, though?" he asked.
"We're in Sarai's helicopter," said Eric, and Aaron turned around to see Eric sitting in the back of what looked a bit like a Black Hawk.
"Where are we going?" said Aaron, still taking in his surroundings.
"The Blue Grotto," said Sarai, "We were just waiting for you to wake up before we took up." And with that, she started up the helicopter. Aaron felt a jolt as it lifted off the ground, and took off into the air.

They were cruising at a good speed, and Aaron felt teh Sea breeze splashing his face. It was night, and the view out of the side of the helicopter was absolutely spectacular. The water sparkled in the dazzlingly beautiful moonlight, and he could see an island ahead of them, large mountains rising out of it's center, with beautiful coves, emmaculate beaches, and dozens of grottos.
It was just as he was admiring this view, that Aaron saw a hand grip the side of the helicopter.
He was too shocked to say anything, as he saw Niko climb in.
"Thought you could get away from me, eh?" he whispered, and Aaron looked around to see Sarai and Eric both knocked out, large bruises on their heads. "Just you and me Aaron, and you with less than half the blood in your body! This will be too easy!"
"Oh no it won't." said Aaron, as he punched Niko square in the nose. Niko staggered back, just grabbing the side of the helicopter to avoid falling out.
He recovered, blood spurting from his nose.
"Oh you're gonna pay for that..." he said, taking a revolver out of his jacket...

~End Of Chapter I~

Well ,I'm tired, so I'm gonna go to bed, leave comments, and I will read them!

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 17:57:49

Dun dun dun!!!!!

The suspense is killing me!

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 18:28:50

Pretty kick ass. How Niko got on the helicopter is confusing me, can he teleport?

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-25 22:45:38

Niko must really have 1337 physics defying skills to suddenly appear in a helicopter like that. I think he's probly my current favorite character, because I like when there's a cool bad guy. I say screw cheering for the good guys, everybody does that, I'm gonna hope for the bad guy to win!

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 03:38:04

OMG!

He can fly :( And he keeps punching me, and hurting me and argh.

Can someone please just kick his old-nasty-man-ass out of the helicopter. Also, who's flying it? You can lock a stick into position, but most helicopters can't automatically adjust for wind and turbulance. Thus in hover you go from side to side and if you lock going forward (IE blades downwards to some extent) you will gain / lose height quite quickly!

Eeep.

After we get to this grotto, I want to sleep :( DO my makeup, have a shower, and a change of clothes :P

great chapters.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 05:31:17

ACT III - Chapter II

"Aaron! Aaron! Come on!" Aaron felt strong hands shaking him, and opened his eyes to see Eric shaking him vigourously.
"Wha...Where is he?!" Yelled Aaron, frantically looking for the old man armed with a revolver.
"Where's who?" asked Eric, who looked confused.
It was at this point that Aaron realised it had been a dream.
"No...No one. Nevermind."
"Oh...kay...." Eric looked away and sat back down.
Aaron glanced down into the sea, the sun had started to rise. There was a single speedboat running alongside them, and the suns rays glinted of the polished sides.
They had survived the third day.

About an hour later, they were sitting on one of the cliffs of the island of Capri. Capri had few beaches, with mostly jagged cliffs dotting its coast, which would make it very difficult for them to reach the Grotto.
They could not afford to be seen by normal people, any one of them might be in league with Niko, and they couldn't take that risk.
"So how are we gonna get down there?" asked Eric. The Blue Grotto was just below them, but there was no visible means of descending the harsh cliff face.
"Well...." said Sarai, thoughtfully, "We could repel down."
"Great idea," said Aaron, angered, "except we don't have a rope, and none of us have ANY idea of how to do it!"
"Well I don't see you getting any suggetstions, jackass!" recoiled Sarai. She was a girl, and had had the roughest day she could imagine, she was angry, and hormonal, and ready to snap Aaron's head off.
"Guys!" interruted Eric, "This is no time for us to argue! If we want to have any chance of surviving another four days, we are gonna have to stick together, so stop your fucking arguing!"
There was a moment of silence, in which Aaron and Sarai were shocked by his sudden outburst of anger. Then Sarai spoke.
"He's got some sense." she said. "It's early morning, and we should be hungry."
"I'm not." said Aaron, "But I don't know how. I haven't eaten since that dinner."
"It's probably magic working inside of you, supplying you with nutrients." replied Sarai. She obviously knew more about this than the rest of them.
"All the same," interjected Eric, "We should at least gather some fire wood."
"Yeah. Okay, Sarai?"
"Yep."
"Me and Eric will go gather some firewood, you stay and guard the chopper."
"Fine," she looked a little disappointed, "But don't be too long."

Soon, Aaron and Eric both had their arms full of brittle, dry wood, and were trudging back in the direction of the chopper.
"Good haul." said Aaron, struggling to keep the wood in his arms.
"Yep." replied Eric, who was equally having problems.
Aaron heard a ferocious buzzing behind them. It was probably a fly, but flies were never THAT loud.
He slowly turned around to see something shocking.

Sarai heard aaron scream, and immediatley leapt to her feet. She saw that the boys had been foolish enough to leave their weapons behind. She pulled on Aaron's harness of swords, and placed Eric's staff in between two of the straps on her back.
She charged into the woods. hoping that she wasn't too late to save the lives of the boy.

Before the boys, hovered a grotesque creature. It had a humanesque torso, covered in hair, so that it looked a bit like a chimpanzee, but more muscular. It had large, beetle like wings protruding from its back, which were flapping violently, causing the buzzing noise. Instead of legs, it had three tentacles, with highly poisonous stingers on the end.
It was another demon, sent straight from Hel.
And it was going to kill them.

~End Of Chapter II~

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 08:06:13

I try and post when the majority of NG is online

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 11:49:41

Another great chapter. Now we get to fight a cool mosquitoe thing.

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 14:08:41

Holy crap, giant hairy beeatle thing from Hel! I love this story, and I wish I wasn't at work when the majority of the updates are made. I'm on my lunch break now, so time for some food.

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 14:14:55

God damn boys! I thought boys always carried their toys around with them! :(

If they get hurt, I'm just going to tell them it served them right! Because now I guard and have to carry things :( What next? The kitchen? *_*

Heheheh

You're such an active writer, real respect.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 14:35:29

Just a question. How many acts were you planning on doing?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 16:17:01

That beetle thing reminded me of a creature from the book series called Everworld. Read it? You should, it's good.

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 17:39:17

At 7/26/07 02:14 PM, Sarai wrote:
( What next? The kitchen? *_*

That's a good idea, I'm hungry.
Make me a pie, woman!

:Kidding. :P

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-26 18:03:17

ACT III is the last one.
No more chaps tonight, too late in my country, hopefully a few tomorrow
see ya then!

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 01:14:36

At 7/26/07 06:03 PM, El-Duego wrote: ACT III is the last one.
No more chaps tonight, too late in my country, hopefully a few tomorrow
see ya then!

See you then!

Also, I'll make Joey a pie of his brains in a minute. GRRR *hormones!*

I really like your writing, so much respect :)

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 03:57:52

Thanks, dunno what the respect is for to be honest

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 09:29:33

ACT III - Chapter III
The demon lunged at them, tentacle-like stingers jabbing at the boys. Eric grabbed Aaron, and pulled him to the ground. The demon flew overhead, and Aaron grabbed a sharp piece of firewood. He threw the piece of wood, but the creature simply caught it with one of the tentacles.
One of the stingers buried itself in the stick, and Aaron saw it pulse as it injected poison.
The stick disintegrated.

Sarai felt here heart beating against her chest, like a rabid animal, trying to escape captivity. Her feet nimbly weaved around protruding roots and fallen logs, her mind buzzing, wondering what had attacked the boys.
She tripped, and was sent sprawling through the air.
"Ahh!" she screamed, and when she looked down, she saw that a sharp branch had pierced her navel. Blood was seeping out quickly, but she couldn't stop now.
She stood up, and braced her self as she yanked the branch out of her body.
She knew that she should clean the wound, and go to hospital, but there was no time.
She ran on, one hand now over the painful hole in her body.

The demon swooped down, all three stingers pointed at the boys. Aaron rolled, to the right, and he saw Eric roll to the left.
Aaron crashed into a tree trunk and used it to hoist himself up.
The demon was hovering over Eric, who was lying on the ground, a look of sheer terror on his face.
"Oi!" yelled Aaron, "Come on ya slimy piece of shit! Come get me!" the demon whirled around, obviously realising it had beein insulted.
Aaron turned, and climbed into the low branches of the tree. The beast hovering next to him. It recoiled, and brandished its stingers.

Sarai was limbing, and losing blood fast. She looked behind her to find a trail of blood leading to a large pool. She coughed, and was shocked to see blood splatter out of her mouth as well.
She started to sprint, abandoning holding the wound. Blood poured out freely, and Sarai felt her strength sap out of her.
She kept tripping on the roots, and her fingers had started to go numb. Colours had started to swim in from of her eyes, and soon her surroundings were blurred. She relaxed, and let the darkness take over.
She collapsed, and the last sound she heard was a loud thunderclap overhead.

Aaron looked up, hearing a thunderclap, and saw lightning, streaking across a perfectly blue sky. It was sunny, not a cloud in sight, and yet there was lightning.
He remembered the monster.
Aaron lauched himself from the tree, his foot sticking out, and striking the demon square in the torso. The beast fell, and Aaron landed standing on top of it. There was a sickening crunch, and green liquid poured from the monsters mouth. The beast roared, a terrifying sound, and its tentacles wrapped around Aaron's ankles. Aaron struggled, but it was no use, the beast had too strong a grip.
Aaron was flung through the air, and he landed on his left arm, which snapped. Aaron cried out in pain, and looked down to see his arm bent sompletely out of shape.
The beast was hovering again, and it glided over to Aaron. It raised its stingers, but there was a loud WHANK! as the beast was hit with a large stick. It fell back, and Aaron saw Eric standing there, holding a long, thick branch, the end of it covered in the green liquid. Eric saw the green poison eat through the branch. He smiled, and dived on top of the beast lying hon the ground. He thrust the sharp stick into the beast's torso, and it let out a deafening squeal, as it shook violently.
The beast gave one last spasm of pain, before lying still.
Aaron stood up, his arm hanging loose, useless, by his side.
"Come on." said Eric, "let's get back to camp."
They walked back, Aaron wincing with pain. Eric was proud of himself, for defeating the demon.
They had only been walking for a few minutes when they saw her.
Sarai lay amongst the leaves, her blood having stained thr ground around her. Aaron saw his Harness Of Blades, and Eric's staff a few feet behind her.
"SARAI!" screamed Eric, running over to her body. He placed his hand on her neck ,a nd a look of sheer sadness swam across his face.
"She's dead."
~End Of Chapter III~

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 12:51:15

Holy crap! We've lost one of the three main characters, what happens next? Will the awesome bad guys win for once? Will Niko appear out of nowhere and kill someone in the supposedly safe Blue Grotto? I don't know, but damn, this story is getting intense.

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 13:14:47

ACT III- Chapter III

"No...." muttered Aaron, dropping to his knees next to Eric.
"It's okay." said Eric, placing a hand on Aaron's shoulder. but he pushed him away.
Aaron leaned over her body, looking at her frozen expression. It was one of peace, and somehow, Aaron knew that Sarai had seen her death coming.
But that didn't cushion the blow at all.
Aaron's eyes were hot, and he felt the first few drops of tears build up. He would be unable to contain them, and, sure enough, he was soon crying.
Eric leaned against a nearby tree, a cold, blank expression on his face.
Aaron saw this, and was infuriated.
"DON'T YOU CARE?!" he screamed between sobs.
"Of course I do!"
"Well then show it!"
"I just don't see the point in crying."
"DON'T SEE THE POINT?! SHE'S DEAD!"
"I know that! Don't yell at me, I didn't kill her!"
"Screw you! YOu emotionless bastard!"
"FINE!" said Eric, and he walked over, and picked up his staff. he held it aloft, and marched away from Aaron, back in the direction they had come from.
"Where are you going?" asked Aaron, now worried.
"Away from you!" snapped Eric, and then he was out of sight, lost in the expanses of the dark woodland.

Rage burned through Eric. How dare Aaron even consider asking him if he cared?! Of course he cared! But he belived there was no time for moping around. Sarai had died, but there was no tie to grieve. He wanted to grieve, grieve at the kind, intelligent girl who had saved their lives, but he couldn't. He was too calm, too collected.
He knocked a low hanging branch aside with his staff, and he heard a snap behind him. He whirled around, staring through leaves, but he could see no one. He had either imagined it, or it had been an animal.
"Or a demon hunting you." whispered a voice in his mind.
"No," he muttered, "It's not."
" But you can't be sure. It could be right behind you, it's tentacles writhing, just waiting to wrap itself around your feeble, little neck and-"
"Shut up."

Aaron stood up, wiping the salty tears off of his cheeks. he hated to leave Sarai's body here, but he had to. He walked over, and strapped his Harness Of Blades around his torso. Again, it felt strangely natural. As if he had been born to wield the swords.
And then he remembered.
He had been born for it. Some God, somewhere, had chosen him as their son.
He should have been overjoyed at the honour this presented, but instead, he was grief-stricken, and angry that this had had to happen to him.
And now he had argued with Eric, who had stormed off. What hope did he have?
" Nevermind that," said a voice in the back of his mind, " he deserved it. You should pretend to forgive him, then slit the dog's throat while he sleeps!"
"What?!" thought Aaron, "No, I can't do that!"
" Of course you can! It's simple! Are you really gonna let that emotionless scum win? Sarai died, and he didn't even care!"
Aaron dismissed the thoughts of murder, and bloodshed, and trudged out into the forest.

Okay, that time, Eric was sure that he had heard something. But, after whirling around to find nothin again, he was starting to get annoyed.
" Wow, that demon sure is stealthy!"
"It's not a demon..." muttered Eric, dismissing the voice from his thoughts.
"You're right," said a voice behind him, "It's me."
Eric started to turn aroun, but was interrupted.
"Oh no you don't, drop the staff first." Eric lay the staff down gently, and he saw it slide back as the person took it.
Eric turned aroun.
"YOU!"
"Thought you'd got rid of me, eh?" replied Niko.

~End Of Chapter III~

These last two chapters have been pretty epic, so please gimme some feedback.

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 13:39:22

Crap Sarai is dead, Ithink she'll come back to life somehow. It's funny because in real life my friends call me emotionless because I don't show many. Great chapters.

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 13:54:40

Hmm, captured you well then :P

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 13:57:13

At 7/27/07 01:39 PM, joeyjoe1 wrote: Crap Sarai is dead, Ithink she'll come back to life somehow. It's funny because in real life my friends call me emotionless because I don't show many. Great chapters.

On my death, is all I can say is at least I died of natural causes and it wasn't anything God involved. Hah, now they've got to get you two with even more force.

BUT I died of trying to save you guys, carrying your stuff, and you just left my body there. Thanks for leaving me rotting in the Jungle or something, if you survive this, I am coming back GRUDGE style (Japanese Horror Film) and haunting you both.

seriously. Bury me :(

Anyway, moving onto the story. Very intense, and argh. Didn't he get run over? God damn it, a tree kills me and he gets run over and stabbed and gah. *fumes*

It's very intense, which makes it very good! :) More chapters please!

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 16:45:48

No more posts 2day, too tired
shud finish the story, if not tomorro, then the day after
Epic ending!
Gimme C and C in the mean time

BBS Signature

Response to Ragnarok (Story) 2007-07-27 17:21:54

this story will allways be one of my favorite storys

The Lack of content here, Is suprising.