00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

VGDC Arnie Contest

9,400 Views | 91 Replies

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 09:53:14

This thead is turning gold!

BBS Signature

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 13:46:54

It's toodles.

That is all.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 17:26:14

At 6/26/07 01:46 PM, Incognitus wrote: It's toodles.

That is all.

no my friend, since I love bathroom humor so much I was leaving you with soft, little farts.
Tootles.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tootles

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 17:28:10

At 6/26/07 10:47 AM, Lilmario wrote: Ahhh these threads indeed rock. Much love to the clocks :D

I am such a fucking hypocrite for making sprite movies but I've never profited or whatever from any of them, and I make some drawn movies too =(

Indeed. It is only I who get 100s of replies from haters (and lovers thanks guys!) My forum has gotten 100s of signups since the post as well.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 18:14:30

At 6/26/07 03:02 AM, FloppyDiskClock wrote: If Randy was to actually reply in this thread without making fun of a retard or insulting someone then maybe people would actually be nicer to the idea as a whole, because right now you are coming along as a ignorant person.

This is true. So, Randy, why don't you address any of our arguments instead of striking back with stupid comments?

BBS Signature

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 18:23:13

At 6/26/07 06:14 PM, LordOfKetchup wrote:
At 6/26/07 03:02 AM, FloppyDiskClock wrote: If Randy was to actually reply in this thread without making fun of a retard or insulting someone then maybe people would actually be nicer to the idea as a whole, because right now you are coming along as a ignorant person.
This is true. So, Randy, why don't you address any of our arguments instead of striking back with stupid comments?

what's do you want me to address? more importantly, if you hate my movies why do you still watch them? that's what i really want to know?

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 19:14:58

At 6/26/07 06:23 PM, Randy-Solem wrote: what's do you want me to address? more importantly, if you hate my movies why do you still watch them? that's what i really want to know?

We don't watch them. That's the whole point. We've seen a few, sure, but no more than that, because they're all shit! I admit, when I was a n00b (and that was actually two years ago, I'm just Lv. 1 here because the Clock Crew BBS is way better than the NG one so I spend all my time there), I used to watch them, and they didn't even really impress me then. I just watched them because I didn't bother checking the author and I'd seen a few funny video game parodies (but not very many). We don't still watch them. So you can take your swollen, ignorant opinion of yourself and shove it up your ass.

Your antics do not amuse.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 19:20:12

We don't still watch them. So you can take your swollen, ignorant opinion of yourself and shove it up your ass.

oh yes you do. simmer down there fella

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 19:29:03

At 6/26/07 07:20 PM, Randy-Solem wrote: We don't still watch them. So you can take your swollen, ignorant opinion of yourself and shove it up your ass.

oh yes you do. simmer down there fella

Sure, I amuse. What I am saying is that you do not amuse. If you want to make sprite movies, that's fine, but do Newgrounds a favour and try to come up with a new, original idea every once in a while without ruining it by trying to squeeze every bit of publicity out of it. I would actually support that. Also, you are not the Supreme Overlord of Super Nintendo Land. Stop acting like it.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 21:40:36

Why are all you guys hatin' on Randy Solem? I think what he does is brilliant! Before Randy Solem I would just stare (and jerk off LOL) at Mario animated gifs. I would always wonder if someone could animate Mario dancing and farting.

When did the "I hate Randy Solem" club begin? I know Jeremy Lokken and I (with help from Stamper) used to just hate on him back in the day because of how shitty his flash cartoons were. Being 35 and living at home with his mom didn't help his cause either.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 23:38:56

At 6/26/07 08:35 PM, Lilmario wrote: In related news, who did this?

LOL OMG

That is a small pen0r :\

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-26 23:44:39

Yeah, i'm not into the retard or fart jokes.
Let's make fun of negros and chinks in a Mario parody! Then make a contest.
I've seen some of the contest entrys. They're all the same!!
Just don't forget the fart joke!

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-27 00:29:40

*adds 'tootles' to dictionary*

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-27 05:00:47

sprite

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-27 13:35:33

At 6/27/07 08:08 AM, TheSPA wrote: u r all just jealous of the amaing Solem. For those new to sprites, if you thought Alvins dbz parody was original take u should see the original farting mario. gr8 stuff truly an inspiration

Yeah you're right. I am Jealous of the AMAZING Solem. After all, he gets front page on every movie he makes, including toilet humor[/sarcasm]

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-27 16:19:04

At 6/27/07 01:35 PM, Golden-Fox wrote:
At 6/27/07 08:08 AM, TheSPA wrote: u r all just jealous of the amaing Solem. For those new to sprites, if you thought Alvins dbz parody was original take u should see the original farting mario. gr8 stuff truly an inspiration
Yeah you're right. I am Jealous of the AMAZING Solem. After all, he gets front page on every movie he makes, including toilet humor[/sarcasm]

Yeah, what's the deal with that? VGDC can get away with mass voting but Clocks can't?

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-28 00:39:31

Lol, I love this thread! First off let me say that this. Sprite haters are gay. If your as so ignorant to bash on a style of animation so harshly just because they don't draw customs? What about people who draw custom sprites? Thats takes alot of effort in it self. The reason Randy is posting his comebacks as such, is because he couldn't care less what you guys think, nor is he going to waste his time bitching out a bunch of in-pubic little bitches that will do nothing but cry to there computer screen. Maybe if you guys go outside, and get some fresh air. Maybe even play some football, you guys wouldn't feel so obligated to bash and people who prefer to use sprites to make tributes to there childhood.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-28 10:14:14

lmao, I love how most people making fun of this thread, saying he is unoriginal or gay, all have CLOCK in their name. IMO, that's the gayest fad on this site, and its not funny at all. Every single thing is becoming a clock, yet no one is laughing. The only clock that warrants a spot in Newgrounds is Strawberry clock, because he was the first, and only one.

gg

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-28 13:47:34

At 6/28/07 09:04 AM, Jullus wrote:
At 6/28/07 12:39 AM, BigMike-Sidelka wrote: Lol, I love this thread! First off let me say that this. Sprite haters are gay.
woweee buddy spirte haters are gay and sprites are now a style of animation.

Anyhow i'm going to quote Sinister here for two reasons. 1. I cannot be bothered to argue this shit with you morons again and 2. I myself couldnt articulate it better.

" Fact; Ripping sprites from a videogame is harder than animating with sprites.
Fact; Finding sprites ripped from videogames is easy as shit.
Fact; Bitmap tracing and animating sprites is easy as shit.
Fact; Making custom sprites based off an existing character model is easy as shit.
Fact; The only people that would use pre-existant graphics to animate are either people who can't draw, or people who are seriously lazy
I've worked some with low-definition pixelized graphics myself, and I can guarantee that it's much harder to do stuff from scratch in comparison to just making slight edits to sprites stolen from classic videogame no. 3246. However, that still doesn't make it hard work; It just takes a bit longer than drawing it with vector based tools, and is actually EASIER because you have more control and because errors are easier to both detect and fix."

So we have established that sprite animations are easier to make. Big fucking deal. They still take effort and time. I myself can't draw so I stick with sprites. Not everyone has the talent to draw. Drawn movies are not better than sprites at all. Some maybe, but I enjoy watching sprites more than fresh drawn. Never in my argument did I ever say that it was harder with sprites. I know its easier, no reason to bash it. Thats like saying techno is worst the rock just because techno uses computers to make shortcuts where rock is all instrumental. Your argument is void and retarded. No go cut your wrists.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-28 21:06:42

Yeh, it's just for fun. Tiny hobby. We don't make bank off of it :P Just enough for 1 meal a day LOL.

And this thread isn't about sprite haters and stuff, its about DURRRRRRRRR contest

I already made one! I hope i win!! DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-29 13:46:40

At 6/28/07 12:39 AM, BigMike-Sidelka wrote: Lol, I love this thread! First off let me say that this. Sprite haters are gay. If your as so ignorant to bash on a style of animation so harshly just because they don't draw customs? What about people who draw custom sprites? Thats takes alot of effort in it self. The reason Randy is posting his comebacks as such, is because he couldn't care less what you guys think, nor is he going to waste his time bitching out a bunch of in-pubic little bitches that will do nothing but cry to there computer screen. Maybe if you guys go outside, and get some fresh air. Maybe even play some football, you guys wouldn't feel so obligated to bash and people who prefer to use sprites to make tributes to there childhood.

Ok buddy, first of all, a lot of us arn't sprite haters, we're Randy haters. You're not even listening to anything people are saying. You're arguments are stupid, "in-pubic little bitches who do nothing but cry at their computer screens", mm yes I think you're confusing us with Randy's legion of followers. And another thing, tributes to his childhood? Please, Mario is not Randy's childhood. Mario is MY childhood. Why don't you get your fucking facts straight before you start making ignorant comments about things you have no idea about

BBS Signature

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-29 14:09:24

we're Randy haters.

:(
I'm very broken up about this. I can't believe a guy on the internet hates me.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-29 19:58:11

At 6/29/07 02:09 PM, Randy-Solem wrote:
we're Randy haters.
(

It wasn't an insult towards you, I was informing someone else

BBS Signature

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-29 22:01:26

At 6/29/07 02:09 PM, Randy-Solem wrote:
we're Randy haters.
(

There's a bunch of us. We started a club. Next Thursday at the rec-centre. I'm bringing ginger ale.

Thursday's Topic: How does Randy find the time to make cartoons aimed for 12-year-olds as he ages into his 40s?

Randy Solem Fan Club Member #1

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-29 22:18:41

I didn't see the new Randy cartoon. Don't know what the fuss is all about. But I do know that if a creative person doesn't try new and different things, that person is likely to get left behind. I think it's in an artist's nature to step into the unknown and discover new things about themself. Just look at a punchout montage , them suckers thought that was a stupid boxing film, until Doc laid the 12 inch cock out for Mac. see? try new things.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-06-30 22:12:47

At 6/28/07 10:14 AM, Fattyboy wrote: lmao, I love how most people making fun of this thread, saying he is unoriginal or gay, all have CLOCK in their name. IMO, that's the gayest fad on this site, and its not funny at all. Every single thing is becoming a clock, yet no one is laughing. The only clock that warrants a spot in Newgrounds is Strawberry clock, because he was the first, and only one.

gg

Kid, you have a lot to learn about the Clock Crew. Go watch The Void I & II, Lord of the Clocks, and every Clockday movie for 2005 and 2006, then see if you still think that. I think you're confused with the 2001 Clock Crew, my good sir.

Also: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/366762

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/340886

Anyone want to add to the list? You see, we have changed quite a bit since then.

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-07-04 19:49:46

I like cheese

BBS Signature

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-07-04 19:52:43

NO...........I LOVE CHEESE!!!!!!!!!! >:(

VGDC Arnie Contest

BBS Signature

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-07-04 19:55:00

Cheeze iz da shiznit homedizzle!

VGDC Arnie Contest

BBS Signature

Response to VGDC Arnie Contest 2007-07-04 19:57:27