00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

idiot-monarch's pile-o-art

10,929 Views | 109 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2011-07-27 13:41:51

Someone recommended me trying to do some TV show or movie stills, so here's a copy of this shot of Breaking Bad (best show ever). Colours were coming out all wrong, so I went grayscale.

It's far from perfect, but I think I did pretty well with getting most of the values right n shit. Thoughts?

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2011-07-27 14:08:43

values look good, the guys is a bit short though... liliputian

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2011-07-29 07:02:44

Did a copy of this shot from the brilliant There Will Be Blood. just wanted to get it ove it towards the end, so Daniel Plainview (the further figure) and aspects of the background aren't that great. I think I did ok with the colours, though, which was my main focus.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2011-07-29 07:15:21

At 7/27/11 01:41 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Someone recommended me trying to do some TV show or movie stills, so here's a copy of this shot of Breaking Bad (best show ever). Colours were coming out all wrong, so I went grayscale.

It's far from perfect, but I think I did pretty well with getting most of the values right n shit. Thoughts?

It's a midget with a pistol staring off into the horizon.

But it does look like hal if he was a midget with a pistol staring off into the horizon.

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2011-07-29 08:16:17

At 7/29/11 07:15 AM, Iamsofuckingcool wrote: It's a midget with a pistol staring off into the horizon.

But it does look like hal if he was a midget with a pistol staring off into the horizon.

Uhh... Thanks?

Messing around. Feels nice to know that I'm capable of loosening up.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2011-08-04 06:03:17

At 7/29/11 07:02 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: Did a copy of this shot from the brilliant There Will Be Blood. just wanted to get it ove it towards the end, so Daniel Plainview (the further figure) and aspects of the background aren't that great. I think I did ok with the colours, though, which was my main focus.

The guy one the right reminds me of butthead from beavis and butthead.

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-06-25 15:23:21

The Keymasters are granted a life of luxury, but kept isolated and imprisoned. The dark arts used to keep them alive for as long as possible gives them a sickly, un-human look.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-06-25 15:54:21

At 6/25/12 03:23 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: The Keymasters are granted a life of luxury, but kept isolated and imprisoned. The dark arts used to keep them alive for as long as possible gives them a sickly, un-human look.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/idiot-monarch/the-keymast er

This is looking nice! I like the character design, and the little details are really nice, my only problem is the contrast. It lacks contrast, the character seems to blend into the background, maybe a lighter, more saturated background could make this piece really pop, apart from that great work.

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-06-25 17:41:41

At 6/25/12 03:23 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: The Keymasters are granted a life of luxury, but kept isolated and imprisoned. The dark arts used to keep them alive for as long as possible gives them a sickly, un-human look.

I'd still do it.

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-06-25 23:19:54

hot diggity daffodil! thats awesome! really nice concept. Were you going for the pale washed out look? it works well, i like the stark contrast in the shadow area under the robs, if you'd added a bit more darker shadows in the creases and in the inner sleeves it would give it a bit more realism. Good job!

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-08-01 15:08:37

At 6/25/12 03:54 PM, Mabelma wrote:
At 6/25/12 03:23 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: The Keymaster
This is looking nice! I like the character design, and the little details are really nice, my only problem is the contrast. It lacks contrast, the character seems to blend into the background, maybe a lighter, more saturated background could make this piece really pop, apart from that great work.
At 6/25/12 05:56 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Really dig the pic and the concept itself. Nice work.
At 6/25/12 11:19 PM, jagondudo wrote: hot diggity daffodil! thats awesome! really nice concept. Were you going for the pale washed out look? it works well, i like the stark contrast in the shadow area under the robs, if you'd added a bit more darker shadows in the creases and in the inner sleeves it would give it a bit more realism. Good job!

I was gonna respond to these when I submit my next drawing in this thread, but as you can see that took a bit longer than expected. Oops. Still, thanks to all of you.

Anways, BAAAAANE

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-08-01 15:18:33

At 8/1/12 03:08 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Anways, BAAAAANE

When my tea is finished, you have my permission to die.

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-08-01 17:46:35

I'm happy that you're back again! will you join CHOW?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-08-01 17:50:44

At 8/1/12 05:46 PM, J-qb wrote: I'm happy that you're back again! will you join CHOW?

If I get ~*the inspiration*~

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-08-02 15:36:20

At 8/1/12 05:50 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
At 8/1/12 05:46 PM, J-qb wrote: I'm happy that you're back again! will you join CHOW?

And inspiration I got.

Crossposting from CHOW thread.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-08-02 18:17:17

At 8/2/12 03:36 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
At 8/1/12 05:50 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
And inspiration I got.

Crossposting from CHOW thread.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/idiot-monarch/reanimator

Arms look a bit too short, I dunno maybe she's like that, but it looks weird. Also the palm of her hand is kinda small, it looks like half of it got cut of and fingers were sewed to it.

The zombie thing looks cool though :)

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-08-02 18:32:57

At 8/2/12 06:17 PM, MrFap wrote: Arms look a bit too short, I dunno maybe she's like that, but it looks weird. Also the palm of her hand is kinda small, it looks like half of it got cut of and fingers were sewed to it.

The zombie thing looks cool though :)

Arms are supposed to be at an angle, but yeah, I have a real difficult time portraying that.

Thanks.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-09-14 13:30:13

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-09-15 06:43:10

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to idiot-monarch's pile-o-art 2012-09-15 06:54:03

At 9/14/12 01:30 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: quickie
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/idiot-monarch/dead-man-wa lking