00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

SPA - Sprite protection agency

35,203 Views | 580 Replies

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 15:27:56

Great save, Crazyboy666!

I Think we need a mascot, and here it is! !We're not gonna take it ! and I'm inviting the author to our club too

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 15:50:59

ooooo i wanna join sprite moveies r teh pwn! :D i luff sonic adn it is kool that sprite animaters put him in animashuns cuz he iz teh best caractor eva!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 15:57:38

zekey iz a pwned newbie he phails at seein how awsum teh sprite carators make teh moveie kool i think it iz funny wen moveies just use alredy good carators that makes teh moveie even beter

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 15:57:49

At 6/11/07 03:11 PM, CEOofCra-Z wrote:
Let me explain a few things to you:
1- I'd say that most sprite movies I've seen ARE animated frame-by-frame. Also I'd say a lot of peopole make their own sprites intead of ripping them.

And you'd be wrong. This isn't even a matter of opinion. This is fact. Except for a very tiny handful of flashes, (less than 10 I'd wager), all sprite flash rip off the exact same sprite sheets that everyone downloads off of the Shy Guy Kingdom and other sprite websites.

2- You keep saying that SMBZ has a plot ripped from DBZ. What I say, is that comparing the plots of DBZ and SMBZ is like comparing Earth now to Earth in 200,000,000 years. The sme thing, yet COMPLETLEY DIFFRENT!

That doesn't even negate my point. You didn't even write an argument here. You might as well have said "thats like comparing a turkey to a turkey with feathers...the SAME THING BUT COMPLETELY DIFFERENT"
The thing is, most sprite cartoons focus on these stories:

1.) Mario gets drunk or stoned and hurts himself
2.) Mario avenges Luigi's death at the hands of Bowser/Wario/Cloud
3.) Mario vs Sonic fight #345821
4.) Sonic goes so fast he hurtshimself / goes back in time / is transported to mario world.
5.) video game character a, b, and c have a love triangle that ends in a fight where they both die.
6.) mario or sonic run around being "random lol" which usually equates to them humping things and farting.
7.) final fantasy characters read homosexual fanmail sent to them by weird people.

Those seven plots incorporate pretty much 90% of the sprite flashes ever made.

3- Judging a film just because it's a sprite film is not truthful. It's the flash equivilent to Racisim. I personally have very high standards (I'm only light because I hate Evil.), I'm just not spritist. I write truthful reviews, because I can see what's behind the pixel. Unlike you.

.....you think anyone gives a shit about your Aura? You think Aura means ANYTHING on this website? Let me guess. I'll bet you think having a high postcount makes you cool, right? There's nothing behind the pixel. I implore you to download flash, and make your own sprite cartoon so you can see how easy it is.

4- I'm 14, not 12. and most of the other members of this group are even older, probably.

ooh. big difference. man do I feel burned.

5- If you don't like this, you can just turn your little tail and LEAVE. Stop being a Jerk! we don't need any!

I'm not being a jerk. I'm telling you the truth. Like I said, I don't care that you guys like sprites. I dont care if you enjoy watching them. There's even a few sprite cartoons I like.

But stop trying to defend them as if they are somehow equal to cartoons that other artists work on for weeks with original art, characters, and storylines.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:06:50

sprite shur r fun!!!!!!!!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:10:28

COMMUNIST!!!

I live in the USA, and over here, we have something called...freedom of speech/freedom of assembly! 1st AMENDMENT OF THE UNITED STATES, BIATCH!!!

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:12:32

At 6/11/07 02:40 PM, CEOofCra-Z wrote:

1- I'd say that most sprite movies I've seen ARE animated frame-by-frame. Also I'd say a lot of peopole make their own sprites intead of ripping them.

Nope, most people rip them off the net and animate them FBF thats what i do anyways

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:12:33

That...last comment was for Zekey, btw...

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:12:43

At 6/11/07 04:10 PM, CEOofCra-Z wrote: COMMUNIST!!!

I live in the USA, and over here, we have something called...freedom of speech/freedom of assembly! 1st AMENDMENT OF THE UNITED STATES, BIATCH!!!

What does that have to do with acting like an idiot? What does that have to do with sprites?

Or have a finally exhausted your short supply of arguments for this crap?

What will you do now? Compare mt o Hitler? Launch another strawman argument? What is next on the "lets be dumb" agenda for today?

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:14:15

The one about the communist...

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:17:59

What will you do now? Compare mt o Hitler? Launch another strawman argument? What is next on the "lets be dumb" agenda for today?

Apparently you would consider any action other than disbanding this group and lambasting SMBZ with all the other assholes on the "lets be dumb" agenda for today. Just go away, please. There's no point arguing this any further.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:20:19

supa mario bros Z combines all tha lovely asspects of supa mario n dargonball z!!!!!!!!!!111

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:23:40

i honestly cant beleive all the sprite haters that are here go someplace else. a movies a movie sprite or animated so back off get something to do besides being assholes or create your own thread i got a name "the animation nazis" then we'll post loser remarks and piss you guys off and see how you assholes like it if you dont like sprite movies just dont watch them its that simple now GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:27:07

At 6/11/07 04:23 PM, crazyboy666 wrote: i honestly cant beleive all the sprite haters that are here go someplace else. a movies a movie sprite or animated so back off get something to do besides being assholes or create your own thread i got a name "the animation nazis" then we'll post loser remarks and piss you guys off and see how you assholes like it if you dont like sprite movies just dont watch them its that simple now GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

preach it brotha; loud n clear to tha jesse jacksons of tha world. al sharpton gonna find u n let u have it up ur ass

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:42:35

At 6/11/07 04:33 PM, OldShape wrote:
At 6/11/07 04:23 PM, crazyboy666 wrote: GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.........??????? You're the one participating in an internet crew dedicated to giving low votes on a teenagers website, to movies that PARODY movies with stolen videogame graphics.

And you're telling others to get a life.

im not the one bitching and badmouthing others about the way they make movies there is more than one way to do something so get used to it if the world was left to guys like you we wouldnt have calculaters, cars, hotels, or newspapers we would still be walking everywhere and living in straw hut so people want to use sprites big deal you dont like them dont watch them end of story theres more than one way to make a movie theres morethan one way to do alot of shit so get used to it your the oine participating with the "animation nazis" what is that if your not with the spa dont come on to the thread go someplace else

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 16:58:25

At 6/11/07 04:51 PM, OldShape wrote:
At 6/11/07 04:42 PM, crazyboy666 wrote:

im not the one bitching and badmouthing others about the way they make movies there is more than one way to do something so get used to it if the world was left to guys like you we wouldnt have calculaters, cars, hotels, or newspapers we would still be walking everywhere and living in straw hut so people want to use sprites big deal you dont like them dont watch them end of story theres more than one way to make a movie theres morethan one way to do alot of shit so get used to it your the oine participating with the "animation nazis" what is that if your not with the spa dont come on to the thread go someplace else
That has to be the most illegible incoherant thing I have ever had the misfortune to read.

Im not saying this outta spite for you, please structure better and post evidence/examples and reasons behind each sentence.

Also take a look at this movie from Blordow a former sprite artist:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/363010

Do you disagree with his opinion also when some of his older movies are probably in your favs.

all im saying is that saying we should'nt be using is sprites is no different than telling people they should'nt drive you dont see a group of people who like to walk attacking people who like to drive do you. of course not because it's pointless and so is hating people for using sprites and if you want evidence all you gotta doe is think about this and how pointless this argument is. if you don't like sprite movies dont watch them it's that simple why do all the haters have to come here anyway YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!!!! really go someplace where your wanted and leave us alone.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 17:12:32

At 6/11/07 05:08 PM, OldShape wrote: Maybe I should start a Robbers protection agency. Protecting people who steal things. We would have as much legal right as you have.

your a funny guy but they already have that its called a lawer and its perfectly legal lol. plus we're not stealing if this stuff is made available go bitch at the sites that make the sheets instead of bitching at me.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 17:36:07

I like how people believe they're in some kind of "war" and make alliances with each other against the people that happen to disagree with them. It probably effects their entire day, usually with them talking to themselves about how they're going to win a war for an overworked series that isn't very good in the first place.

boy those sopranos sure are nutty

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 17:59:18

Driving/ Making cartoons traditionally/ adhafdsdf isnt illegal. Stealing graphics and making money from it is. So we are legally in the right.

So that's why you're here, eh? Jealous much? Alvin got the $250 because the Newgrounds staff loved his Flash. He did not submit it for the purpose of making money! If you want the cash, make a flash movie that doesn't suck cock! Just go away, please! That goes for all the spritist jerks out there too!

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:01:10

At 6/11/07 05:59 PM, CEOofCra-Z wrote:
So that's why you're here, eh? Jealous much? Alvin got the $250 because the Newgrounds staff loved his Flash. He did not submit it for the purpose of making money! If you want the cash, make a flash movie that doesn't suck cock! Just go away, please! That goes for all the spritist jerks out there too!

Is this how you are going to protect sprites?

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:03:47

At 6/11/07 05:48 PM, OldShape wrote:
At 6/11/07 05:36 PM, Ying-yong wrote:
boy those sopranos sure are nutty
I would like to hear them out though. I want to see how they intend to stop people from writing reviews. And how they are going to blam these movies.
It takes two hundred votes to pass judgement so for it to work there must be at least hundred people on this thread all day waiting. And they tell others they have no life, rofl.

we already figured something out through pms so we'll find out if it works and i never said others had no life i told them to get one and stop bugging us create your own thread call it "the animation nazis" since you hate sprites so much but this forum is not for people who just want to be assholes and post bad remarks to agravate the members go make fun of someone else and thier thread you guys are good at it.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:09:14

At 6/11/07 06:08 PM, OldShape wrote:
At 6/11/07 06:03 PM, crazyboy666 wrote: .

we already figured something out through pms so we'll find out if it works
You figured out how to stop people writing honest reviews? Please enlighten me to what this entails.

lol its a secret for now if it works then ill gladly tell you

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:14:08

we're not concerned about the reviews someone writes a bad reveiw then fine the mods will remove it but if they just dont like the movie thats okay people are intitled to their opinions but harrasment is a different story the pixel theory movies are harassing sprites and thier artist so thats why we're here not because this is a war we're just sticking up for something we like so go someplace else where you'll get along with the people instead of bugging everyone here not that your as bad as the other guys i was talking about but your bugging us

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:16:39

Oldspice said,
"You are the maker of crew and you have not only shown ignorance in this statement but that you are fucking clueless how the newgrounds system works. It should be hoped that this abomination of a thread is shutdown immediately."

So you think that sprites are abominations?

Tell you what, I'll post a thread called "SPA hate mail bin", where all you pricks can complain all you want.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:27:37

I'm not being a jerk. I'm telling you the truth. Like I said, I don't care that you guys like sprites. I dont care if you enjoy watching them. There's even a few sprite cartoons I like.

But stop trying to defend them as if they are somehow equal to cartoons that other artists work on for weeks with original art, characters, and storylines.

We're not going against other cartoons that use original art, characters, and storylines. And we're not saying the sprite movies are there equal, no flash movie or game is as equal as the next, we just want the same respect for the sprite movies that any other flash would get. Having them trashed while movies like RUGRATS GAY SCAT HENTAI X and DREW PICKLES HOT COFFEE get stupid praise and come through the portal, (which by the way were made by Sprite hater Shrums).

Now then...if you would like to debate more on this subject then send me a PM.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:28:01

At 6/11/07 06:24 PM, OldShape wrote:
At 6/11/07 06:14 PM, crazyboy666 wrote: the pixel theory movies are harassing sprite
ahahahahah do you really think you can stop them. Hundreds of these threads are made against Piconjo when he started his flash series against legendary frog.
Do you really think your group which consist of about ten fifteen years olds is going to stop them.
ITS CALLED PARODY - FREE SPEECH, WHAT YOUR GROUP WISHES TO DO IS TO STOP THAT. AND IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN.

theres an SPA hatemail bin now so go there and bug people as much as you want THIS IS FOR MEMBERS WHO WANT TO PROTECT SPRITE FILMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:28:46

Oldshape, we're just trying to protect that which needs protecting. If you really hate it that bad, go to my hate mail bin. I'll post a link soon.

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:31:35

Okay you pricks, here's the link to the SPA hatemail bin!

NG is under attack!

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:41:59

At 6/11/07 06:31 PM, CEOofCra-Z wrote: Okay you pricks, here's the link to the SPA hatemail bin!

CEO calm down, your gonna get banned from the Forum areas and fast by a moderator. Don't push it.

Response to SPA - Sprite protection agency 2007-06-11 18:44:46

Sorry.

NG is under attack!