00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Call To Arms (bbs Story)

38,489 Views | 533 Replies

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-04 12:16:12

At 7/4/07 11:56 AM, Fyndir wrote:
At 7/4/07 11:42 AM, killerjeff wrote:
I would assume never since you've just been left in an abandoned facility being tortured automatically.

shoulda got mah ban hammer, that was in my room under the bed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-04 12:54:42

At 7/4/07 12:16 PM, killerjeff wrote:
At 7/4/07 11:56 AM, Fyndir wrote:
At 7/4/07 11:42 AM, killerjeff wrote:
I would assume never since you've just been left in an abandoned facility being tortured automatically.
shoulda got mah ban hammer, that was in my room under the bed.

Maybe I should kill you, in order to tie up loose ends :p

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-04 13:36:43

lol

Shit Just Got Real!

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-04 19:05:58

Death to all traitors!
and i'm back (yaaaay).

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 02:10:24

363636... You've ignored me :( I feel that I will have to write a 'In the mean time' chapter detailing me at least killing a few people back at base ;-) Got to investigate for the traitor yeah... Or maybe come after those others, thinking they're the bad-ones!

*_*

Good chapters.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 02:41:00

At 7/5/07 02:10 AM, Sarai wrote: 363636... You've ignored me :( I feel that I will have to write a 'In the mean time' chapter detailing me at least killing a few people back at base ;-) Got to investigate for the traitor yeah... Or maybe come after those others, thinking they're the bad-ones!

*_*

Good chapters.

Dont like that fact that the story is drifting away from people at the base in the story eh? Well thats just how its going to be.

As for a sub chapter, you can write it if you really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really feel that it is necessary.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 02:45:48

At 7/5/07 02:41 AM, 36Holla wrote: As for a sub chapter, you can write it if you really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really feel that it is necessary.

Which it isn't.

Epic story, can't wait for the next chapter.

A fitting end for the traitor.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 05:05:41

Chapter 17: A Tenacious Spirit
Part 1 of 2

Canas’s eyes opened. It had not been long since he had passed out, and he found himself lying in one of the beds on the ship, his chest covered in bandages. He lay in bed for a few minutes before he tried to move. His body hurt everywhere, and he didn’t dare even try to sit up. All he could manage was to gingerly touch his chest with his hand before recoiling it due to the sharp pain.

“Hey look who’s awake.” Came a voice from the doorway.

He recognized it as one of the soldiers. He looked to see D-Lucks and McJesus standing there.

“What do you two want?” asked Canas

“We’re just here to check up on you. You should fine in a few days, but if you’re already up that means you’ll probably be up and about in less time than that.” Said McJesus

“Well I was always fast at recovering from injuries. Hey! The dressing on my wound looks like it was done by a professional. But none of you have any medical training.” He said with a confused tone.

“Actually it was that pilot Ninjagabe who did it. Turns out his mom was a nurse in our world and she taught him quite a bit.” Replied D-Lucks.

“Lucky me I guess.” Canas said sarcastically. “I think I would rather have died. It’s not like I can go back to our world.”

“Why not? We’ll all vouch for you. They can’t ignore all of us if we all say you’re innocent.” Said McJesus.

“Actually they can, and they will. The generals barely, if ever, listen to any of the soldiers when it comes to matters concerning major decisions. It’s mostly because most of the soldiers opinions on how things should run is just retarded, but even if all of you say I’m innocent, the Generals will most likely think that I’ve tricked you all into saying it.”

“Oh.” They both said with deflated expressions.

“But that’s not important right now. Where are we?” asked Canas.

“Well we’ve been circling the skies for a bit while the ship is invisible. The pilots are waiting for a chance to drop us off and give us a straight shot into the city without being seen until we get there. With the extra people we’ve picked up, we’d definitely look suspicious if we were seen, and besides, the crews are looking for them.” Explained McJesus

“Wait you plan on taking them with you?!” Canas said suddenly

“Well yeah, we could use the extra help.” Said D-Lucks.

“That would be the worst thing you guys could do. I know for a fact that there are guards at the entrances to the city who will be suspicious of all of you regardless, but to bring the prisoners, who just escaped from their prison right into their hands, would just be the stupidest thing you could do. They’re all best off going back to the base and resuming their training. In fact, let me talk to Sardines and Holla about it. They’re technically in charge.”

McJesus, and D-Lucks nodded and walked off. A minute later, Sard and myself walked into the room.

“So what did you want Canas?” asked Sard.

Canas explained the whole situation to us, and after a bit of thought, we came to a decision.

“I agree. We shouldn’t be drawing any more attention to ourselves. And they were not originally part of the mission.” I explained.

“Yeah, I’d say that’s the smartest choice.” Sard agreed.

“Well it’s good to see that you guys are taking my advice. Now I’m going to go back to sleep. You wouldn’t know it, but just the sight of you guys makes my pain so much worse.”

“Hold on Canas. What are you going to do?” asked Sard.

“Well what do you think I’m going to do? I can’t really move, so I guess I’m going back and rotting in the prison at the base.”

“Actually you won’t have to do that.” I said walking over to my bed. I picked up two videotapes and set them down on the desk. “These are videos that will prove your innocence. One of them is showing killerjeff torturing Fyndir, and the other one is Fyndirs entire torture session. We may not have seen a lot of action during the prison raid, but at least we found this.”

A bit of smile was on Canas’s face. “Well thanks I guess. Now like I said, it’s painful to even look at you guys. Get out of here before I drop dead already.”

“Pfft. You sure have a unique way of showing gratitude.” I said as we walked out.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 05:07:18

Chapter 17: A Tenacious Spirit
Part 2 of 2

We walked into the cockpit where everyone was looking out the windows, observing the world below them. Currently we were above a light forest, and the city could be seen off in the distance. The pilots kept circling a small clearing that they wanted to use as a landing zone.

“We’re just about to land guys.” Said Potmepkin. “Do you need to make any final preparations?”

“We just need to make an announcement.” I said. I turned to address the former prisoners, “We’re going to have to leave you guys behind. It would be too risky bringing you with us.”

The disappointment was very apparent on their faces.

“But we want to come too.” said kdfs. “Are you sure there is nothing we can do to help?”

“If you could come, we would let you, but we can’t risk jeopardizing this mission.” Explained Sard.

“I actually agree.” Said Mr. Finland. “The crews are probably looking for us, and it would be best to go back and get as much training in as we can before the main force comes.”

“What do you mean the main force is coming?” asked Crue.

“Well right before the battle, I overheard two of the Generals saying that they were planning on moving most of the soldiers at the base to start invading this crew world. I don’t know if those plans have changed since the battle, but it’s possible they could be coming in the next few days.”

“Well if anything goes wrong, I guess we’ll have a bunch of backup after awhile.” I said.

The ship started descending and we all prepared for the trip. Finally the ship landed and we all started walking out the door. After our two squads got out, we looked back and waved goodbye to the prisoners still standing in the doorway. We turned and started walking towards the trees on our way to the city. We heard the doors close and the ship beginning to lift off as we reached the trees. But we didn’t notice the figure who had sneaked out of the ship and was now trailing us.

The forest looked just like one from our world. It was made up of many elms and various animals could be heard running around as we kept going.

“Do any of you have an idea of how far the city is from here?” I asked

“I’d say it was between one and two miles.” Said Dry-Ice. We could probably make it there in about an hour.”

We walked in silence for the next hour, and just like Dry-Ice had predicted the trees stared thinning out and the gate to the city soon became visible. Sard held up his hand signaling for us stop.

“We shouldn’t all go together. All 13 of us trying to get in would just look really bad.”

“So what do you suggest?” asked Shoe. “Should we all go separately or should we just split the squads up into two and go in like that?”

“I think we should do the latter.” Replied Sard. “But we may need an excuse as to why we’re coming back in. They’re probably suspicious of anyone they don’t recognize since its war time.”

“Couldn’t we just say that we were out in the woods beating up cats with baseball bats? They’d probably think something like that was funny.” Said Reaper.

“Actually that’s a decent idea.” Said Ryan.

“Ok then. We’ll go first, and then Holla, you take your squad in after us. If something goes wrong, be prepared to help us out and then run back into the woods.” Said Sard.

I nodded and Sard and his squad walked off. We all watched from the cover of the trees and observed Sard walk up to the guards and start talking to them. Whatever Sard was saying seemed to be working as the guards started smiling and then they signaled that the gate be opened for them to go in. The gate opened and they casually walked in without a backwards glance. Now it was our turn.

I was nervous, but I took a few deep breaths and that calmed me down. I walked out from behind the tree and everyone else followed me as we walked to the gate. The guards quickly noticed us and started asking us questions before we even got the gate.

“So, where are you all coming from?” asked one of the guards.

“Well um…we were just out there beating up a few cats with baseball bats and-“

“Oh another group?!” The guard interrupted. “It seems that everyone is out doing that today. I don’t know why you all think you have to go out to the woods to do it. It’s perfectly legal to do it in the town square ya know.”

“Oh yeah we know. We just wanted a change of scenery.” I said.

“Well enough talking, you probably want to get inside right?”

“Yes sir.”

“Ok then. Otis! Open the gate!” the guard yelled to another guard up in the control tower.

The guard nodded and soon the gate began to slowly open. Finally the doors stopped with a creak, and we all started walking in.

“You all stay out of trouble now.” Said the guard cheerfully.

“I hope we can.” I thought to myself.

------------------

Another set up chapter. Hopefully I can keep your attention long enough to keep you guys reading until the good parts.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 05:47:17

woot woot loved it!

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 06:14:46

needs moar Shoe still.

Very nice anyways.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 06:16:10

At 7/5/07 06:14 AM, TacticalShoe wrote: needs moar Shoe still.

Fuck that. Needs moar Lemon.

Very nice anyways.

Seconded.

"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 06:18:11

Bah, was hoping for a poorly drawn picture on how the city entrance would look. But then again I was expecting some sort of skirmish in it so w/e. Keep em' coming holla.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 06:29:40

I can't stop laughing at the cat part. How'd you know I spent my spare time hitting cats with baseball bats? You're good.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 07:47:17

Great job, this is still better then any story on Newgrounds and from any book i ever read.

Or tryed to read any way.

I'd put something witty here, but that would be pointless and unoriginal.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 08:32:12

Awesome.

Honey, get my cat smashing bat. >:D

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 09:24:53

good luck on the trial, Canas.

(deflated expressions...heheheheh :D ---> :})

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 09:27:56

lol the guard actually believed that they were beating up cats with baseball bats.

^What the- I didn't post this! And if I did, it was for the lulz.......

Totally not a video of a guy crying over Britney Spears.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 09:50:36

im in ur woods beetin up ur catz

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 10:15:45

At 7/5/07 09:50 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: im in ur woods beetin up ur catz

I luled.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-05 18:52:47

At 7/5/07 10:27 AM, MrFinland wrote:
At 7/5/07 06:16 AM, TheBigLemon wrote:
At 7/5/07 06:14 AM, TacticalShoe wrote: needs moar Shoe still.
Fuck that. Needs moar Lemon.
Nope, needs more both

Thirded.

"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-06 08:06:00

At 7/5/07 05:07 AM, 36Holla wrote: Hopefully I can keep your attention long enough to keep you guys reading until the good parts.

you mean these AREN'T the good parts? i will probably orgasm upon reading the "good" parts!

and the cats n bats part was so funny

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-06 15:25:46

Ah, man. That's totally not my logic, I wouldn't betray my own team in a moment's notice. Well, at least I died a gay lover to tyrant :p

Pistol shot to the face = gay and cliche. Where the hell is my suicide TNT vest, god damnit?

Cute+Funny=?

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-07 11:52:23

At 7/7/07 12:08 AM, Z-esty wrote: tom im about to slap this kid said wade) lmfao!!!

wut?

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-07 22:05:08

At 7/7/07 11:52 AM, Reaperyami wrote:
At 7/7/07 12:08 AM, Z-esty wrote: tom im about to slap this kid said wade) lmfao!!!
wut?

I believe he's referring to the early chapter when the main character was in the hospital and met Tom and Wade.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 07:25:08

At 7/7/07 10:05 PM, kirbystar wrote:
At 7/7/07 11:52 AM, Reaperyami wrote:
wut?
I believe he's referring to the early chapter when the main character was in the hospital and met Tom and Wade.

Oh yeah! Make sure he reads all of it or he'll have to answer to me...

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 10:32:32

So it was my birthday yesterday, and I was out doing stuff involving cake, candles, recieveing various gifts etc etc.

Now that thats over, its back to the typewriter while being chained to the desk.

In other words, new stuff to come soon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-08 11:13:59

Oh boy!!! *Whips you* Get to work.

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-09 23:33:43

Chapter 18: Going Underground

At a glance, the city of Crews United looked like any normal city. It had different sections of the city for different types of services. People were out, going from shop to shop getting their chores done. It almost looked like the place wasn’t even involved in a war. But upon closer inspection, there were signs everywhere that signaled the city wasn’t as content as it first appeared to be.

Propaganda signs were posted up everywhere. They were on street lamps, on buildings, and even on the sides of buses.

Among the messages on the signs, the more noticeable ones included content such as; ‘Yellow and Black is blasphemy.’, ‘Down with Failgrounds.’ and finally the most noticeable one ‘Wade fucks cows’ and below the words was an explicit drawing showing Wade fucking a cows body that had his wife’s head on it.

The stores themselves, upon closer inspection, revealed that they sold some interesting merchandise. “The Proxy Palace”, “Raiding Supplies”, and “The Crews United School of Spam Flash” were among the buildings we passed. We were all a bit nervous, and being behind enemy lines had the effect of us avoiding as much contact with anyone as possible. We weaved in and out of the crowd making our way to the center of town. I had not seen Sard’s group yet, but I figured they were also heading towards the fountain in the square, and were going to meet us there.

Meanwhile, the rest of the squad started talking about their new surroundings.

“This would be every NG hater’s dream.” commented Shoe.

“No kidding,” replied Crue. “If they knew where we were from, they’d probably go after us in an instant.”

“Well we better not talk about this too much guys.” I cut in. “I don’t want anybody overhearing us.”

The square wasn’t too far past the first district of the city that we passed through, and the fountain was easily visible once we passed through another gate. The fountain was hard to miss as it stood 20 feet tall. It was made of stone, and had a centerpiece that consisted of an array of characters, including a star, a cat, and an uzi, pissing on two stone caricatures that appeared to represent Tom and Wade.

As we walked up to the fountain, it became apparent why this location was a good meeting place. The square was full of people who appeared to be so concerned about getting to various places, that none of them would stop to notice a slightly suspicious meeting from a bunch of newcomers with a crew member.

As we got closer to the fountain, we saw Sard’s group, and they appeared to be talking to a stranger. From afar, the stranger was wearing a heavy overcoat, a fedora hat, and wearing a pair of oversized aviators. But the most noticeable thing about the newcomer was that his clothes were all bright orange.

As we walked up, Sard noticed us and waved.

“Hey guys! Good to see you got in without a problem.”

“Well it turns out that hurting animals is a fond pastime of these people.” I responded. “Once I dropped the cats and the baseball bat line, the guard practically laid out a red carpet for us.”

“Looks like you guys are catching on quick around here.” Said the stranger, as he sized us up. “If you lay down any form of cruelty to animals or a 4chan meme, people here will melt. By the way, I’m your informant and tour guide Orange Clock, but you can just call me OC for short.”

Everyone said their hellos as OC started walking to the east. “We’ll talk later, but first I need to get you all to the hideout. Its in the Industrial district, so we’ll be in a secure location. We’ve already brought the other squads there, and they’re waiting for you.”

“What’s so secure about it?” asked Joodah.

“When you see it, you’ll know why.” replied OC

We had started walking fairly quickly to the gate on the east side the square, before a guard suddenly ran up in front of us and halted our procession.

“Stop! I need to see all of your Id’s!”

“And why is that sir?” asked OC.

“You were all reported as suspicious looking, and we need to make sure that you’re all citizens of this world.”

OC, reached into his coat pocket and produced a card with his picture and some information. The guard took it and looked it over, before giving it back.

“Ok, now I need to see the rest of this groups Id’s.”

“Sir, they have their Id’s. You can trust me on this.” Said OC.

“Well as much as I’d like to do that, I still have to see an Id for each and every one of you.” Replied the guard.

“Are you absolutely sure of that?” asked OC.

“Yes, there can’t be any exceptions.”

“Well then I’m sorry for this.” Said OC who made a sudden movement with his arm. A knife appeared out of a slit in the overcoats sleeve and shot into OC’s hand. OC, made a quick stabbing motion and stuck the guard in the heart. Quickly, OC pulled out the knife and started sprinting. At the same time he yelled to us, “Follow me! We need to get out of here now!”

We started following him through the large group of people. For some reason, it seemed that people were still recovering from the shock of seeing a stabbing as we hurried to the boundary, and it was just as we reached the border between districts that screams could be heard from the crowd behind us.

“We really have to hurry! They’ll be on top of us if we don’t get out of here now!” said OC as he dashed into the industrial district. The sea of people had dissipated into nothing, as the entire district seemed to be deserted. We rushed down the main street, and were then led to the right down a narrow alley. It was becoming apparent why OC said this district provided security. The buildings had been built in such a tight space around each other, that they formed a maze of alleys. OC expertly navigated through the confusing layout and led us in all different directions. It seemed that we were running in circles at times, but eventually we started slowing down.

We stopped in the back of a large building that appeared to be a warehouse, and led us to a back door. We walked into a very large empty space that looked like it had served as a storage building long ago. There were crates stacked in random places, along with several rusted forklifts.

OC led us to an office along the back wall of the warehouse. It was a small room, which led to many curious glances from everyone on why we were being led into such a tight space. OC walked to the corner, and started pulling on a few of the corner tiles. He started pulling them up with ease and setting them down next to where he was taking them from. The removed tiles revealed a tunnel underneath them. With a wave of his hand, OC invited us to drop down. It was a four foot drop, and you had to duck your head a little, but eventually the tunnel started getting bigger, and soon we were able to walk without any restrictions.

OC was the last in the tunnel, and he replaced the tiles before dropping down. He made his way to the front of the group, and led us through the tunnels. It was a very straight forward tunnel, with a few niches. It was also fairly short and it wasn’t very long until a light could be seen in the distance. With a renewed energy we jogged the rest of the way to emerge into a big cavern like structure. The only noticeable difference was that there was a few desks set up with multiple computers, and the lights shining over the room.

A second after we got out of a tunnel, a familiar voice came. “Where the fuck have you guys been? We damn near thought you were shot down!” said Mast3rMind who could be seen lounging on a nearby couch. Behind him was the rest of his squad, and Heartbreak’s squad.

“Well guys,” started OC, “this is the Clock Crews secret hideaway. Now if you’ll follow me, we’ll get you guys updated on the information.”

--------

My longest hiatus between chapters I know. That had to do with my birthday, and a few other tasks I had to do. So sorry bout' that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Call To Arms (bbs Story) 2007-07-10 00:09:53

A good chance in the real world kk is Making many flashes and is ready to attack the portal.Citizen(for now) Braveman2 reporting for duty.

I am not evil just dark.