00:00
00:00

NG Pirate Crew

4,699 Views | 115 Replies

NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-15 23:40:57

This is the offical (hopefully) Crew.

NOTE TO MODS
If people just spam up this thread, please realize that I have actually tried to make a Pirate Crew for people who actually find them intresting. I dnot want this to get locked right away, because if there isn't a lot of spam, I think this can really take off.

There were many past pirate related clubs, but they failed misreably. I would love to post some, but my HTML AIDS aren't working, so I cant use bold, underline, links, or anything. If you want to see what I mean, then just check with the BBS search bar.

I want it to be a respectable club, with an actual purpose. Discussions will be made on different acts of pirating throughout the years. Stories can be written, because I believe that writing is great. But there has to be actual, normal, talk about the topic.

The number one rule to be followed is no mindless pirate spam! This means just dont say arghh, and then post random stuff.

But as for normal rules, there goes this:

The Rules

1) No spam. Spam will be immediatly ignored, and you shall not be allowed to join the club
2) Follow all BBS rules. I think that is a given with all clubs
3) Stay on topic. You can talk about things if you want, but if and when a major discussion is going on, dont pull a combo breaker
4) No flame wars. That means pepole coming in here and going Ninjez are teh bestest ting in da world!!!ONE!!!!!!!!1111ONE!!! w00t! Pirates are n00bs!
5) When asking to join, please state the rank you would like to be. If you want, you can also say your favorite pirate things, such as movie, book, or actual pirate
6) Do not break these rules! If doing so, you will be kicked out.

Now, for all of those who will be joining, the listed ranks show your power in the club, so joining early will help. Because after the top spots go, you really don't have any control. Also, those who will write stories will use their rank in it if they please.

The Ranks

Pirate fleet Captain: This position ultimaltey controls the club. This will pbviosuly be me, so all ideas must be passed by me, to make sure it isn't pointless

Ship Captain: This position will allow you to boss around the people below you. You can stop spam before it comes to me, which will make me very happy

Earned Positions

These positions will all have to be earned. After joining the club, you will work your way up through the ranks, with mature posts and staying on topic.

First Mate: Still being able to boss pepole around, you have gained your rank in this club. Because the club will already have enough Captain's you will achieve this rank. You still will have some say, and you are a respected member.

Quartermaster: You have done well in the club, obviosuly pleasing someone. You are still a respected member, so not many will mess with you.

Gunner: Here is where you start to lose power. You are almost just another member, not really having a strong, good say in anything. You may be ready to rank up, but just haven't proved yourself.

Buccanear: This is just a normal member who has some connections. They are somewhat responsible, but may annoy people sometimes.

Raider: You may either be a fast rising new member, or a slow rising old member. But this is a hard position to get out of, considering you got stuck here somehow.

Pirate: The next best thing from being the new guy. Some people may know you, others might not. But you really might just be here as a lurker, posting occasionally.

Prisoner: This is for the new guy. You have no power, and any mistake can really make someone above you angry, which in return may make me angry. You want to try and act as good as can be, quickly getting out of this spot.

Please, follow the things listed above, and rember, this isn't spam. This was a crew that someone worked a while on to create. Dont destroy it.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-15 23:49:31

I would love to join! I enjoy watching many pirate shows/ movies and I am not referring to only new movies. I have a brief knowledge of pirates as well so I believe that would be an asset to the crew!

So, is it alright for me to join?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-15 23:53:14

Of cousre. I know you are a loyal member to many crews, so thats given. I would have to say, my fovirte Pirate has to be Blackbeard. Or Hnery Morgan. Blackbeard was just this mean seeping with power, and Morgan was just a total beast.

Hopefully, this thread doesn't get locked. People see it as spam, but i am trying to make a good, lasting crew.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 00:02:39

At 5/15/07 11:53 PM, SUPADUDE111 wrote: Of cousre. I know you are a loyal member to many crews, so thats given. I would have to say, my fovirte Pirate has to be Blackbeard. Or Hnery Morgan. Blackbeard was just this mean seeping with power, and Morgan was just a total beast.

I enjoy Blackbeard as well, he was rather crazy as well with his tactics to take on others. An enjoyable person to learn about in my opinion!

Hopefully, this thread doesn't get locked. People see it as spam, but i am trying to make a good, lasting crew.

I don't see why it would be locked, it has a foundation, rules and provides something that isn't provided elsewhere, a place to discuss pirates without worry of what people will say.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 00:06:17

I would love to stay and chat, but I had a double practice, and my eyes are closing as I type this. So I shall check on this tomorrow!

Also, just realized somthing, forgot to say in the rules, but please use good grammar and spelling. It would be much appreciated and everyone would have an easier time reading what you wrote.

Another thing, no random bumping. All clubs will have a rough start. You just have to let it take off everyone.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 00:53:24

At 5/16/07 12:06 AM, SUPADUDE111 wrote: I would love to stay and chat, but I had a double practice, and my eyes are closing as I type this. So I shall check on this tomorrow!

Hopefully by then we will have more people looking to join!

Also, just realized somthing, forgot to say in the rules, but please use good grammar and spelling. It would be much appreciated and everyone would have an easier time reading what you wrote.

Thats respectable and a good rule to enforce.

Another thing, no random bumping. All clubs will have a rough start. You just have to let it take off everyone.

Basically, I am everyone including you. I know it will have a rough start but I will keep word out that this place exists for others to come if they so wish.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 01:22:52

-Is it possible that I can join this well made Pirate Crew? If so, it would be an honor to post here. :)
-As for a topic, I'll bring up a anime called "One Piece". I really liked how One Piece had a lot of elements used by pirates. Examples would be the plank, a sword, and pirate ships. :)

I made things drastic. XD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 01:33:18

I forgot to wish which rank I would like to be, I would like to be Ship Captain though since I can e a great asset in helping you manage this crew!

At 5/16/07 01:22 AM, Seamonky wrote: -Is it possible that I can join this well made Pirate Crew? If so, it would be an honor to post here. :)

You're a great poster in the C&C section of the BBS. My verdict is yes, I know your post history, you respect rules very well and you are informative when someone is in need of help.

-As for a topic, I'll bring up a anime called "One Piece". I really liked how One Piece had a lot of elements used by pirates. Examples would be the plank, a sword, and pirate ships. :)

That is true, I haven't seem much "One Piece" though.

I made things drastic. XD
You did good. :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 01:39:31

At 5/16/07 01:33 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I forgot to wish which rank I would like to be, I would like to be Ship Captain though since I can e a great asset in helping you manage this crew!

I though that there can only be one Ship Captain because there is always one tur pirate that controls his crew members and his ship. :/

You're a great poster in the C&C section of the BBS. My verdict is yes, I know your post history, you respect rules very well and you are informative when someone is in need of help.

I love hearing words like this. Makes me feel all warm inside. :')

You should get a chance to see that Anime. It was quite interesting how I first saw it because I was so bored so I just watched and then I got addicted to it. XD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 01:55:27

At 5/16/07 01:39 AM, Seamonky wrote:
At 5/16/07 01:33 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: I forgot to wish which rank I would like to be, I would like to be Ship Captain though since I can e a great asset in helping you manage this crew!
I though that there can only be one Ship Captain because there is always one tur pirate that controls his crew members and his ship. :/

That position here would be Pirate fleet Captain which is reserved for SUPA. The Ship Captain basically watches out for the crew on little matters so the Pirate fleet Captain doesn't have to be bothered with little issues.

I love hearing words like this. Makes me feel all warm inside. :')

Its the truth! :)

You should get a chance to see that Anime. It was quite interesting how I first saw it because I was so bored so I just watched and then I got addicted to it. XD

Well, when I have time I will look into watching some episodes!

<33

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 05:03:05

A Supa:

Can i have my old position back?

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 07:08:22

At 5/16/07 05:03 AM, Gu-rrilla wrote: A Supa:

Can i have my old position back?

Sure. I would figure you want a better one, but you can have it. Also, I have never actually watched one peice. Its not that i thought it looked stupid, i just dont like anime.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 07:15:16

i would like to join (again) hopefully this time it will work

Got the gear, got the gas, got compression. My direction is cast to the concrete.

I am a motor musician, moving to the asphalt beat.

[Metal Hell]

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 07:56:48

I can't go higher than a ship captain.

Wasn't i ship captain?

Anyways.

I'm back now.

I didn't know being grounded sucked.

Man.

Tough week.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 08:08:36

Yo ho matey, thar he joins!

I love bein' a pirate. Arrgh, ye land lubber's don't know what ye' talkin' about.

(this means i want to join.) :)

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 15:10:37

At 5/16/07 08:08 AM, The-Review-Cometh wrote: Yo ho matey, thar he joins!

I love bein' a pirate. Arrgh, ye land lubber's don't know what ye' talkin' about.

(this means i want to join.) :)

All right, stop right there. In order to ojin this crewm you cant act like a retarted pirate and post like that. This is a serious crew.

And because of the spam that goes into the other crews, another new rule is no one liners. That means your posts have to be more than one sentence. Mods will be watching this, i have been informed. So please everybody, dont post retarted pirate stuff, such as this.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 16:03:34

Don't call me retarded buddy, i posted like that because i thought it was a clever way to join.

I think pirates are very interesting. Besides being completely ravenous killers, theives and drunks, they had an honor code.

They're simlar even to the samurai in a way. There was a sense of honor to their acts of wrongness.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 16:07:39

At 5/16/07 04:03 PM, The-Review-Cometh wrote: Don't call me retarded buddy, i posted like that because i thought it was a clever way to join.

I wasnt calling YOU retarded, i was calling the post, in a way, retarded,

I think pirates are very interesting. Besides being completely ravenous killers, theives and drunks, they had an honor code.

Yes. And actually, some pirates beofre they became just that, were respectable men. Most serving in the army, if I do recall certain things correclty.

They're simlar even to the samurai in a way. There was a sense of honor to their acts of wrongness.

Yes, but samurai would know right from wrong and avoid it, while a pirate would most likely do as he pleases.

So, welcome to the crew!

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 21:36:41

All right, so if you guys haven't caught on yet...we will be talking about your favorite pirate and why. So when you guys return, just join in on the discussion.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 21:54:25

I wish to join I have my own ship and I have a loyal crew.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 21:55:20

can i join?

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 21:58:25

Yup, so i take it that you have read the rules. You guys can write stories, talk about movies and books, and be active in the discussions. Right now, we are talking about your favorite Pirate (real life) and why.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 22:20:03

I know everything about pirates, ninjas and aliens with terrorists why I know all this I dunno

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 22:29:56

So, who's your favorite pirate and mine. I have decided that it is Morgan. He sacked Panama brilliantly and then was cleared of all charges and got knighted. After that, he returned to become gov. of Jamica. Pretty beast.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-16 22:56:39

I like captain Jack Sparrow actually its hard to tell if he is crazy or a fucking genius.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-17 01:50:05

At 5/16/07 10:56 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: I like captain Jack Sparrow actually its hard to tell if he is crazy or a fucking genius.

Thats true but I personally despise movie pirates.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-17 07:25:41

At 5/17/07 01:50 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Thats true but I personally despise movie pirates.

Actually, when a good pirate movie comes out that can keep my attention, I really enjoy it. But the POFC movies are just not that great, meiocre.

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-17 07:34:18

At 5/17/07 07:25 AM, SUPADUDE111 wrote:
At 5/17/07 01:50 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Thats true but I personally despise movie pirates.
Actually, when a good pirate movie comes out that can keep my attention, I really enjoy it. But the POFC movies are just not that great, meiocre.

yeah. i'd have to say it was lacking as well. i love the soundtrack though.

Got the gear, got the gas, got compression. My direction is cast to the concrete.

I am a motor musician, moving to the asphalt beat.

[Metal Hell]

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-17 11:55:37

I'd love to join.

Can't wait for Pirates of the carribean 3 At worlds end.looks great.

I do not fear death and yet i am in no hurry to die.

Proud veteran and Lieutenant of Survival RPGThe Unit so Unfairly Cursed

BBS Signature

Response to NG Pirate Crew 2007-05-18 17:25:23

At 5/17/07 11:55 AM, Misumena wrote: I'd love to join.

Welcome.

Can't wait for Pirates of the carribean 3 At worlds end.looks great.

I am going to see it next weekend, I haven't seen the second one though so I might be a bit lost when watching the third.

<33

BBS Signature