00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Airmo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

747,801 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-04 06:26:09

At 10/3/09 06:30 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: on a side note I got Spaced season 1 and 2 today, special edition, fuck yea.

I'M SORRY!

I'M HIT!

I'M BLIND!

BUFFY!

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-04 15:05:27

At 10/2/09 11:44 AM, TheMaster wrote: Another One Bites The Dust
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
One Vision
Fat Bottomed Girls
I Want It All
I Want To Break Free
Killer Queen
Somebody to Love
Tie Your Mother Down
Under Pressure

Awesome. I'll most likely buy the whole pack.

Before that pack though, next week is:
Alanis Morissette - "Ironic"
Electric Six - "Gay Bar"
The Flobots - "Handlebars"

I'll get these.

I got through Katamari but am now going through it again on Drive Mode (less time but your Katamari moves faster). I still think it's pretty fun.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-04 21:47:32

A 250GB Final Fantasy XIII-themed PS3 Slim which was white in color with pink designs, was officially announced on September 24, 2009 at the Tokyo Game Show as part of a bundle in Japan for Final Fantasy XIII, it was initially revealed in FCC filings as the PS3 CECH-2000B

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-04 21:58:25

They need the ZZ Top song "Under Pressure" instaid of the one they already have

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-04 22:17:50

I was browsing the store on my Japanese account and downloaded Adhoc Party for my PSP which addressed my "Cant play online games without WiFi" issue. Also downloaded the Dragon Ball: Raging Blast promotional trailer which sucked ass. PS2 graphics and a platinum hair template for Super Saiyans and bad voice acting AND lip synching? No thank you. Also half the character roster? Suck it Namco Bandai.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 05:36:33

At 10/4/09 10:17 PM, scetch00 wrote: Also downloaded the Dragon Ball: Raging Blast promotional trailer
downloaded the Dragon Ball : Raging Blast trailer
Dragon Ball

There's your problem.

Suck it Namco Bandai.

indeed

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAH I NEED DEMONS SOULS

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 12:09:16

Brütal Legend is great.

I was sporting the most cheerful, childish grin the entire time I was playing it.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 12:24:04

Is everyone here getting Uncharted 2?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 13:33:54

At 10/5/09 12:24 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Is everyone here getting Uncharted 2?

I ARE

eventually

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 14:35:23

At 10/5/09 12:09 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Brütal Legend is great.

I was sporting the most cheerful, childish grin the entire time I was playing it.

It looks like a fairly bland button masher that I dislike playing... but it has Jack Black and a worthy cause, so I'll buy it if I can afford it.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 14:59:34

At 10/5/09 02:35 PM, Nev wrote: It looks like a fairly bland button masher that I dislike playing... but it has Jack Black and a worthy cause, so I'll buy it if I can afford it.

It's nooooot, it's fucking brilliant.

Perfect for a metalhead gamer, like Dave.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 15:32:34

At 10/5/09 12:24 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Is everyone here getting Uncharted 2?

I'm thinking about it, but I'm not sure I can take a $60 hit right now. I could see if I can get it subsidized by my parents, partially or in full. But as of now, I need to save my money for gas for my car.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 15:35:32

NFS Shift was a bit disappointing. Who agrees?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 15:43:22

At 10/5/09 03:35 PM, HighWayStar365 wrote: NFS Shift was a bit disappointing. Who agrees?

Haven't played it, but the reviews I've read have been less than kind.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 16:06:47

Everyone add me. PSN: Ambidexterous

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 16:07:53

At 10/5/09 04:03 PM, Mendou wrote: I haven't played it but the whole traditional racing formula is a huge turn off for me. Have you played NFS Undercover?

Yes I have and to me, it really felt like a demo, rather than an actual game. It was a VERY poor follow up to Pro Street which, imo, was one of the better NFS games.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 16:10:40

I've not played a NFS since Underground 2 way back when.
Or I may have played the one after it and not been impressed, so I gave up on the series. Though its not one that interests me now my the Fast and the Furious days are over.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 16:21:33

At 10/5/09 03:35 PM, HighWayStar365 wrote: NFS Shift was a bit disappointing. Who agrees?

The demo seemed alright, but it was weird. The hook is that you are inside the car as if you were the driver, so you can't change the camera. That's a turn off for me, since I'm not magic and can sense how wide my car is. Or if the hood of my Viper gets crumpled, I end up losing all sight of the track, leading to a lap or so of "oh shit oh shit oh shit...."

Also, whenever you crash, the screen turns black and white and fuzzy. The fuzz depends on how hard you crash. That's a cool feature, except it plays itself out, especially when you get into a particularly brutal crash, but are still driving. I've slammed into a wall half a second after getting rear ended, I was pretty sure it was a head on collision, but my "vision" was too fuzzy to see what the fuck was going on.

The physics are a tad wonky too. Cars can someone get lifted up and over each other if rear ended just right, and I've run head on into walls, only to recover in an angled position.

TL;DR, NFS:S sucks, stick to GT5 for closed track racing.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 16:54:22

Hopefully.

I still think M4 ammo is too scarce, though.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 16:54:25

At 10/5/09 03:32 PM, TheThing wrote:
I'm thinking about it, but I'm not sure I can take a $60 hit right now. I could see if I can get it subsidized by my parents, partially or in full. But as of now, I need to save my money for gas for my car.

I can't afford to buy the game right now either. I'll have to wait for it to come with GameFly. My money went into the MW2 bundle 360. So technically right now I don't have an xbox and am exclusively a PlayStation 3 owner!

Speaking of NFS: Shift...why...? Feels like such a waste of a 250 gig bundle.

PS3's online lounge

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 17:26:45

At 10/5/09 04:59 PM, xscoot wrote: It comes out two days after my birthday, so I'll have the money for it. And Brutal Legend. And Demon's Souls.

Yeah, I'm an insufferable prick, aren't I?

nah I love you, excellent choices sir.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 18:17:23

The NFS Shift demo was crap, but the full game is rather good.

Also today, I just couldn't wait any longer, so I went down to Asda (lol) and bought myself a PS3 Slim. I had the last one in stock, and there was a special deal on it too which was the console and a free copy of FIFA 10 for £235.

Uncharted 2 beta is really addictive and awesome. I'll pre-order the game tomorrow.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 20:57:27

Hycran and Fury are too good D=

Atleast I can always kick Sketxhy's ass :3

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 21:29:32

At 10/5/09 08:57 PM, dmansland wrote: Hycran and Fury are too good D=

Atleast I can always kick Sketxhy's ass :3

Yeah you can kick Sketxhys ass no doubt, but not mine. Don't forget who dominated with Akuma on these boards.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 21:47:43

At 10/5/09 09:29 PM, scetch00 wrote:
At 10/5/09 08:57 PM, dmansland wrote: Hycran and Fury are too good D=

Atleast I can always kick Sketchy's ass :3
Yeah you can kick Sketchys ass no doubt, but not mine.

Seems the guilt has revealed you hehe.

Don't forget who dominated with Akuma on these boards.

Until I came along of course :3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 22:37:47

I see you're having fun with the quote editing function.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 22:46:43

Well, Amazon is finally doing something about the triple-stacked codes. The amazon codes are gone from the site, but they'll be back in about two days when the problem is fixed. I don't know what that means for my order. I doubt they'll cancel it, but anything could happen.

Also, I never knew that there was a game for Wii called Walk It Out.

PS3's online lounge

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 23:02:04

At 10/5/09 10:37 PM, scetch00 wrote: I see you're having fun with the quote editing function.

Even though all I did was fix my mistake...

You mad again aren't you?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 23:30:03

At 10/5/09 04:54 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I can't afford to buy the game right now either. I'll have to wait for it to come with GameFly. My money went into the MW2 bundle 360.

Wait, you're buying a 360 bundled with MW2, or you're getting the MW2 bundle for the 360?

It is, but the game is relying on the franchise name to sell, along with the slick ads. It does make sense, from a business standpoint, to release a 250 gig bundle with NFS: Shift.

Just like it makes sense, from a business standpoint, to put a no-assed Hannah Montana game on the DS.

At 10/5/09 10:46 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: Also, I never knew that there was a game for Wii called Walk It Out.

Finally! A game that simulates walking! Going outside to do something when yo can replicate the same experience inside is retarded. I mean, who actually likes the sun? Or real, meaningful exercise? Or friends?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-05 23:48:12

At 10/5/09 11:30 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 10/5/09 04:54 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I can't afford to buy the game right now either. I'll have to wait for it to come with GameFly. My money went into the MW2 bundle 360.
Wait, you're buying a 360 bundled with MW2, or you're getting the MW2 bundle for the 360?

Yes. I'm getting this.

It is, but the game is relying on the franchise name to sell, along with the slick ads. It does make sense, from a business standpoint, to release a 250 gig bundle with NFS: Shift.

It makes sense to make a bundle but not a 250 gig version of it. 120 gig bundle would suffice. Clearly people want the PS3, just not at a high price. Doesn't really matter to me either way. I'll get my racing satisfaction with Forza 3 and GT5.

Just like it makes sense, from a business standpoint, to put a no-assed Hannah Montana game on the DS.

Hannah Montana PSP was better.

At 10/5/09 10:46 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: Also, I never knew that there was a game for Wii called Walk It Out.
Finally! A game that simulates walking! Going outside to do something when yo can replicate the same experience inside is retarded. I mean, who actually likes the sun? Or real, meaningful exercise? Or friends?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJbxiyaO LE