00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

747,773 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 19:56:46

Uncharted Trophies Q&A

Nothing really revealing here. The trophies will be the same as the rewards, but not retroactive, as previously stated. I guess I'll play through it twice or so once it comes out to get the platinum trophy.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 20:20:35

At 7/29/08 08:09 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I just need to confirm this one more time. Does this include the treasures? I collected all the treasures last month and I really don't want to have to go through that again.

Treasures were a couple of the rewards, so yeah, they will be trophies as well. It's not that bad. Just have a treasure guide next to you while you're playing. It's not like any of them are located on paths way away from where you need to go for the game. The game's pretty contained, so it should be pretty easy to get them all on one go.

I'm doing my chicken run on MGS4 now. I'm doing it on Solid Normal, since easy would have been way to boring. I'm basically just spamming the patriot wherever I walk, since it has unlimited ammo and no reloads. I'm at the Laughing Octopus battle and I think I almost have enough kills (I should have enough by the end of act 2), alerts, and health items used. I'm watching all the cut scenes to increase time, but I'll still have to leave my console on for an extended period of time.

I also need a lot more continues. If you kill the rebel in act 3, doesn't it bring up a continue? If so, that will be an easy way to rack up a bunch fast.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 20:40:01

IGN UK's Home preview.

Summary: It looks promising and shows a lot of polish but has a bit of an identity crisis.

Well, if it's polished, maybe it means we will actually get it this fall.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 21:03:43

The Agency demo.

It looks like something I could get into. There will be a beta.

I hope they don't have a subscription/micro-transactions payment method.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 22:38:50

I just turned on my PS3 and FW 2.42 is available for download. I wonder if it will include Life With Playstation, since it is supposed to be released at the end of this month.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-29 22:54:19

Nope. As far as I can tell, it hasn't added anything apparent. Just a run of the mill update.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 00:31:02

At 7/29/08 10:54 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: Nope. As far as I can tell, it hasn't added anything apparent. Just a run of the mill update.

I am very sad now...I thought it would include in game soundtracks...

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 00:35:43

I got nothing for the new update....well, i aint sure yet...

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 07:57:36

At 7/29/08 08:40 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: but has a bit of an identity crisis.

Now, where have I heard this before?

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 08:44:52

At 7/30/08 07:57 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:

What exactly does "identity crisis" mean when your talking about an application?

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 08:57:49

At 7/30/08 08:44 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: What exactly does "identity crisis" mean when your talking about an application?

It's unclear exactly what it will be for when it comes out. Will it be a 3D world to meet new friends? Will it be a way to watch new Playstation media? Will it be a place to launch online games with a group of friends? Will it be a place to hang out in an arcade and play some simple, time consuming games? Will it be a place to decorate your apartment and avatar? The person writing the article indicates that it will be the players that ultimately decide what Home will be. I personally think it just sounds versatile. There's enough PS3 users out there that all of the functions will probably be used quite a bit.

At 7/30/08 07:57 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:

The Gamespot Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction review?

Something I just found interesting. EA revenue sky rockets on PS3. EA has now made more revenue with PS3 software than 360 software for both Q4 FY08 and now Q1 FY09. I'm wonder why PS3 owners bought so much more EA software. I think the only game I bought from EA was burnout...

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 10:15:14

At 7/30/08 08:57 AM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
I'm wonder why PS3 owners bought so much more EA software. I think the only game I bought from EA was burnout...

Since the PS3 has no games, PS3 owners are desperate to buy anything in order to not have their console collect dust.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 10:27:31

At 7/30/08 10:15 AM, TehreTard wrote:
At 7/30/08 08:57 AM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
I'm wonder why PS3 owners bought so much more EA software. I think the only game I bought from EA was burnout...
Since the PS3 has no games, PS3 owners are desperate to buy anything in order to not have their console collect dust.

DICKICKICKICKICKIDKCIDKCIAOSDHNAIKDFAO;S DLFJA.
I finished Siren chapter 6, it was really cool, brilliant in fact. But thats it, I haven't downloaded any more chapters, so theres no where to go.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 11:13:47

Have you tried Alone in The Dark yet Abyssus?
Heared it was a better then average horror type game.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 11:21:19

At 7/30/08 11:13 AM, loggers wrote: Have you tried Alone in The Dark yet Abyssus?
Heared it was a better then average horror type game.

Nah, it doesn't look fantastic to me. And apparently it's more actiony then scary.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 11:37:03

Just wondering, if you download the 'full game' version of Siren, is that actually the full game as it says or just the first full episode with all the chapters? Would love to check it out, even if it will inevitably scare the crap outta me.

I really wish Wipeout HD would come out too.

PSN ID: Chronixal

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 11:40:26

At 7/30/08 11:37 AM, DeathWeapon wrote: Just wondering, if you download the 'full game' version of Siren, is that actually the full game as it says or just the first full episode with all the chapters? Would love to check it out, even if it will inevitably scare the crap outta me.

I really wish Wipeout HD would come out too.

You can downloaded the Full thing, and yeah it's the full thing, all 12 episodes. For 20 quid.
Or you can download them 3 episodes at a time, but it costs an extra 7 quid. Stupidly thats what I've done.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 11:42:27

At 7/30/08 11:37 AM, DeathWeapon wrote: I really wish Wipeout HD would come out too.

It's been delayed for awhile if you haven't heard. The developers say it is due to them adding offline splitscreen multiplayer, a couple more reverse tracks, and a couple new ships. Word on the street, however, is that it failed Epilepsy tests so they're having to make a lot of adjustments. When asked to comment, the developers just said 'We take consumer safety very seriously,' which isn't a denial so it is likely true. I hope it doesn't have to change too much, since the videos I've seen look awesome. Here's hoping it comes out before the end of the year.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 11:48:01

Ah, I see. I'd heard of the epilepsy rumours but didn't realise they were adding extra content. That's not too bad then. Especially offline multiplayer, that'd definately a bonus. I wish more games still had this feature. Online is good, but I would like an occasional game with my brother.

That said, I wouldn't mind some Wipeout races with you guys, assuming it doesnt suffer with lag.

PSN ID: Chronixal

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 11:54:38

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 12:57:48

I finished chapter 7 this afternoon, and all I have to say is, WHAT THE FUCK?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 12:59:40

I got Soul Calibur 4 yesterday and its pretty cool. If you like or love the SC games you will love this one. The soul guage/soul crush and the critical finish move helps out alot with the computer opponents who do nothing but block and wait for you to run out of button pressing strength.

The only thing I didn't like was seeing the commercial and thinking yoda was gonna be in it then I found out that Vader and Yoda were on seperate games....why they just couldn't put them both on both games I don't know.

The apprentice is suppose to be the main character from a star wars game that is coming out this year I think its called unleash the force or somthing like that. He holds his light saber in the weirdest way ive ever seen.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 13:20:29

You should be glad that Yoda isn't on the PS3 version, apparently he's completely broken, because he's too small, like the monkey in Time Splitters 2 (bastard) and can't EVER be grabbed.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 14:05:59

Yoda reminds me of Oddjob in Goldeneye.

IGN Naughty Dog Q&A (not the same as the Uncharted one).

The very last question sparked my interest:

IGN: So when's the big reveal going to be? (referring to the game they're working on)

Richard Lemarchand: You won't have to wait too long for it.

So...Leipzig?

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 14:10:48

HMV needs to get a fucking move on and dispatch my Soulcalibur.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 14:16:00

Let's hope so

when's Leipzig again?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 14:33:36

At 7/30/08 02:16 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Let's hope so

when's Leipzig again?

Leipzig is August 21-24.

TGS is October 9-12.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 14:36:26

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 14:45:22

At 7/30/08 02:41 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 7/30/08 02:36 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: I'll just post this in here as well.
Old news

New video.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-30 16:32:55

Part of me wants to play Siren now it's dark....

but all of me wants to play Vice City instead

eh, I'll play Siren tomorrow.