00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkyonVeil just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

747,478 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-26 17:11:29

We can't import stuff from playasia anymore, they restricted it >:( not in Europe anyway

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-26 17:24:52

seriously?! that freakin sucks i used to always import games off of playasia way back when. im glad i got custom firmware on my psp when i did cuz now it looks like the only way i'm getting imports is through pspisoz. i just dunno how i'm gettin imports for ps3 whenever they make something like Bleach Blade Battles 3rd for the ps3 or in case they actually change their mind back to making Monster Hunter 3 for the ps3 (the very reason why i despise the wii now is because of capcom's decision of making MH3 for wii instead of ps3 like they originally intended. HD RATHALOS KILLING NOW DAMN IT! ps3 has the powah!). o well there's plenty of other japanese game providers (like ebay but why would i buy from there?)

PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-26 17:41:36

I love the Monster Hunter series, they are fucking awesome.
Don't really care that MH3 is only for the Wii, because I have one :p
Although, seeing the game on PS3...high definition wvyern slashing.....I'm sure that I just pissed all over the floor.

Oh, and for the love of god, PUT A PROPER FUCKING ONLINE MODE INTO IT CAPCOM!

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-26 18:22:17

Holy shit.

I'm on the 10th episode in Siren and...
SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

The plot has just went to hell and back. Seriously, you thought a game about a cursed Japanese village couldn't get any stranger? Be prepared to eat your words. Eat them with a spork and a side of chips. The Shibito are actually still human, albeit twisted, fucked up, and dead humans. The shibito have built a huge tower, just about every main character has died. Then, you encounter all of them as Shibito, get shot, the screen flashes white, and everybody's alive again. (I was thankful of this, as the only cool character had died) There's a HUGE fucker with a giant maggot for a neck, you have to kill him, but by extension kill yourself. Then, when you get to play as Bella again, you have to escape a house, then evade your mother turned-really, really, really fucking creepy-shibito. The whole thing's a mindfuck. An extremely cool mindfuck, but a mindfuck nontheless.

And now it's telling me I have to 'Break the Four Seals'. Unnarmed and with legions of Shibito on your ass, naturally. The stealth element seems to have been told to fuck off around halfway through, and it's less of a 'Sneak around them and shiv them in the spinal cord when they're not looking' and more of a 'Run, hope nothing grabs you, then get ready for a slugging' type of game now.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-26 19:44:10

Can you buy games from the PS store without using a credit card?

Wanna play that faggy shit you guys only play for the trophies.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-26 22:33:00

At 7/25/08 08:48 PM, PapoSwing wrote:
At 7/25/08 05:50 PM, iateamexican wrote:
At 7/25/08 02:37 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: RUN TO THE HILLS!
RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIFFFFFE
*RUN FOR YOUR LIVESSSSS.

Fixed it :3

I.. GO TO HELL

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-26 22:38:58

At 7/26/08 05:41 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: I love the Monster Hunter series, they are fucking awesome.
Don't really care that MH3 is only for the Wii, because I have one :p
Although, seeing the game on PS3...high definition wvyern slashing.....I'm sure that I just pissed all over the floor.

Oh, and for the love of god, PUT A PROPER FUCKING ONLINE MODE INTO IT CAPCOM!

holy crap you speak my language BIG TIME dude! since im on NG forums through ps3 right now i'm definitely adding you! me and my buddy reeches plus two other local friends of mine freaking ad-hoc team MHP2G all the time so we definitely understand whatever you throw at us that's Monster Hunter related. feel free to hit the two of us up through whenever you want. obviously his PSNID is reeches.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-26 22:48:30

At 7/26/08 10:33 PM, iateamexican wrote:
At 7/25/08 08:48 PM, PapoSwing wrote:
At 7/25/08 05:50 PM, iateamexican wrote:
At 7/25/08 02:37 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: RUN TO THE HILLS!
RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIFFFFFE
*RUN FOR YOUR LIVESSSSS.

Fixed it :3
I.. GO TO HELL

Noes. D:

what

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-26 23:01:52

At 7/26/08 07:44 PM, TehreTard wrote: Can you buy games from the PS store without using a credit card?

Wanna play that faggy shit you guys only play for the trophies.

well you could go with BlueFlameSkulls and get a PSN card but it would only work on Euro or Japanese PS store (depending on the card you got) just get a $10 visa gift card they work on the PS store. on a side note i got PAIN because of custom soundtrack capability (LOVE FEATURES LIKE THAT) and launching a self guided person into a wide open populated area (like the downtown region which is currently only level but it has 4 layouts) and causing mass destruction via giant human launching slingshot while all being run under the HAVOK physics engine amuses me greatly! :P

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 09:25:07

Hollow-Ichigo-777, nice to meet someone who actually knows what Monster Hunter is heh.
Oh and sorry about that stupid PSN message I sent you, asking who you were, I sent it with half a brain, I was tired :p

And you have MHP2ndG? I envy you sir, I can't afford it lol, and I just spent £20 on Siren, which is taking a fucking AGE to download, 3 chapters left atm. I'm kinda holding out for a european release, although I highly doubt it will ever happen, if it doesn't then I guess I'll use it as an opportunity to brush up on my japanese, I don't know much but after the classes I went to I'm more motivated to learn the language.

I wonder how useful it will be knowing how to say "medium monster bone" and "fatalis evil eye" whilst roaming around Japan.....

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 09:51:34

Im downloading just the first chaper of siren for 7 quid; I can't blow 20 quid right off.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 10:33:38

You mean you're downloading the first 4 chapters, they only come in packs of 4 y'see.
I'm guessing you already knew that.

Last chapter is at 30%

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 11:41:37

At 7/27/08 09:58 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 7/27/08 09:51 AM, Abyssus wrote: Im downloading just the first chaper of siren for 7 quid; I can't blow 20 quid right off.
It's like 8 quid more if you pay by chapter

I know, but it'll do.
I finished the first chapter, not terrifying, but pretty fucking awesome. Waaaaaaaaaaaay too short though.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 11:43:48

Blegh.
My PC's hard drive is busted, so I'll not be on for about a week.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 11:46:38

At 7/27/08 11:43 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Blegh.
My PC's hard drive is busted, so I'll not be on for about a week.

aww, I'll miss your blatant sarcasm.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 12:07:32

So it seems like No Rumble support or trophies are gonna be in SC4 >_<
Wtf PS3 owners get screwd again? :X

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 12:12:12

Hey guys. Would like to join this club purely to meet and play some games online with people other than randomers. Not many other people in my area with PS3's so my friend list is rather lacking. My PSN is Chronixal.

As for the games I own and play on a regular basis;

Devil May Cry 4
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Call of Duty 4
Tekken 5 DR
SuperStardust HD

Had GTA4 and MGS4 briefly but couldn't get into either so they went back to the store. Desperately awaiting Wipeout HD so hopefully I'll see a few of you guys online when it finally hits.

PSN ID: Chronixal

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 12:15:07

You should have kept MGS4, MGO is a fantastic online game, I love it.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 13:28:20

Hello thar.

Also, just finished the first three chapters of Siren, hospital level was scary! But, which is worse, Condemned or Siren?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 14:35:43

At 7/27/08 01:28 PM, Abyssus wrote: Hello thar.

Also, just finished the first three chapters of Siren, hospital level was scary! But, which is worse, Condemned or Siren?

Siren hands down, Condemned 2 was brilliant up untill the end, where it turned into a shootathon, which fuckloads of ammo.

Also, can you help me pwease? I've already badgered Ryan (lol) but I'm stuck on the hospital level, I'm right at the end I'm sure, after I collected the reception key and "called for help", I can get past the shibito by the locker (basement) and get up the stairs, but the guy behind the door always sees me, even if I wait for him to move, WTF do I do?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 14:57:18

At 7/27/08 09:25 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Hollow-Ichigo-777, nice to meet someone who actually knows what Monster Hunter is heh.
Oh and sorry about that stupid PSN message I sent you.

And you have MHP2ndG? I envy you sir, I can't afford it lol.

I wonder how useful it will be knowing how to say "medium monster bone" and "fatalis evil eye" whilst roaming around Japan.....

oh i didn't buy it screw that! instead me and my other two friends Todd and Tom got Kyle (reeches is his PSNID) to hook us up with custom firmware and an english patched MHP2G iso now all 4 of us play english patched MHP2G. besides the japanese version is really bloody and the iso loading screens only take like 5-10 seconds for first load screen and starting quests, loading up everything else only takes like half a second with background loading on so its pretty nice. only bad thing i've seen so far in the past half year owning is that it uses like 820mb of space but it's totally worth it cuz it's like having the UMD but better!

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 15:27:56

Argh, damn you, I've been trying to get custom firmware for over a year now, I eventually gave up and upgraded, but I'm thinking about buying a Slim PSP and installing CFW on that, I really want to have the MHP2ndG ISO w/ english patch and some emulators, that would be awesome.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 16:18:45

Ok I finished chapter 3, that was slightly annoying because the shibito kept comboing me in a corner -_-
That hospital part had me shitting bricks at times, especially when they spot you, christ they can run, I panicked and dropped down onto the floor below through some hole in a balconey, and ran straight into another one.

Siren is a great game.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 16:51:08

At 7/27/08 04:18 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Siren is a great game.

I....Must.....Download....The....Next...
.Chapppptteeeerrrr.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 17:16:50

At 7/27/08 04:51 PM, Abyssus wrote:
At 7/27/08 04:18 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Siren is a great game.
I....Must.....Download....The....Next...
.Chapppptteeeerrrr.

You haven't got it yet?

Crazy guy

It's awesome

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-27 19:17:59

At 7/27/08 05:16 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote

Crazy guy

It's awesome

I could only afford the first pack, I'll proberaly get the second one tommorow.
ALSO:
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL LLLLLA....... I FOUND YOU!

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 00:35:12

At 7/27/08 03:27 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Argh, damn you, I've been trying to get custom firmware for over a year now, I eventually gave up and upgraded, but I'm thinking about buying a Slim PSP and installing CFW on that, I really want to have the MHP2ndG ISO w/ english patch and some emulators, that would be awesome.

hey it's doable. im the only one in the group that owns a slim. it all works just fine (perhaps slightly better i think). lol i remember when Kyle was first getting custom firmware on the other 3 psps and the tool battery (aka pandoras battery) got stuck in my slim psp because the tool battery was designed for phat psps so it was just a tad bit larger than the slim battery. lmao it took about 30 seconds just to get the dang thing out but it didn't even get close to harming it at all, the tool battery went in then came out (although that took a bit more effort). yea CFW on slim it's very doable and easy to get the best out of.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 04:08:51

Buy it now you fool

oh god, the noises....make them stoooop.....

ARGH

and Ichigo, I'll either wait till my birthday (febuary) or hold for a downgrader for 4.05, yes I'm an idiot for updrading.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 08:57:47

I've stopped playing Siren.

I'm at chapter 11, it's got too damned nerve-frying to keep playing.

I won't spoil much, but there's a nurse that keeps chasing you, even if you kill her, she only stays down for (I actually timed it) 3 seconds.

I hate posting from the PS3 without a keyboard.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-28 11:33:42

Sounds good

I'll play siren when it's darker :p