- Pico is one of the original characters spawned by this very site's creator, TomFulp.
If you didn't know who Pico was before, all you need to know can be seen in the flashes on the Pico Collection Page.
- There’s an awesome Flash Contest coming up for Pico day 2007. For flash authors to enter the contest, it is encouraged that audio is used from the NG Audio Portal. This is where You as an audio author comes in.
- The audio contest this month will be making audio loops for the flash-smiths. Collaborations are of course encouraged. There are many reasons for this, main reason would be to see more high quality flashes on NG! Both audio and flash authors should read through the page about how to optimize your audio. You’ll find that .wav is to prefer in front of .mp3, for many reasons. Collaborations makes this easier, and the result prettier!
- Tom Fulp and NG are contributing with awesome awards this month, in addition to the standard e-awards;
#1. 250 USD, a Newgrounds t-shirt and stickers!
#2 - 10. A Newgrounds t-shirt and stickers!
- FrontPage spots for the two highest ranked loops.
- A sig-pic with the winners name on it (for everyone to use).
- Top ten submissions will be announced live by radiogrounds.com DJ PsychoGoldfish.
# This contest allows two entries/user. One "battle style" and one softer, which basically could be anything. As long as it has the right "Pico-Feel" to it.
# The time length for each loop is MAXIMUM 60 seconds.
# If the same author have two loops in the top 10, only one will count (#11 will receive an award if that's case).
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what's OK to upload and what's not, check this old thread.
2 - Make your loop(s) slaving these rules.
3 - Submit the loop(s) to the NG Audio Portal. To be accepted in the contest, the loops must have been submitted to the AP during March or April 2007.
4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your audio page. You risk not being in the contest if you do not post links to your audio page, make sure the name of the loop(s) are in the post.
5 - If you intend on submitting two loops, please submit them in the same post, it helps us keeping the contest structured.
6 - Don't come around with crappy alts. And do not break any of the rules stated in this thread. If we find out you do, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending on how serious your actions are, you might get banned from the contest for a time. Basic BBS rules apply in this thread, of course. If there are posts that are irrelevant for the contest/spam, a BBS moderator will clean up, meaning your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk getting banned from posting.
7 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread before March have ended, If you cannot post by one reason or another, PM LJCoffee or Rucklo, enter a valid reason why you can't do it yourself, and we'll make sure your contest entry is in.
8 - There will be no changing of contest audios, unless there have been a mistake one way or another. If that is the case, PM LJCoffee or Rucklo and explain what the deal is. Make sure that you're satisfied with your contest entry before submitting it!
9 - We will narrow the submissions down to 10 audios that goes to the second and final stage of the contest. All of these 10 submissions will receive judgment from the judging crew. This way we get a high judge/audio rating, and thus a more fair judging.
10 - Have fun creating!!!
- The judging will be done similar to the previous MAC´s. If you are interested in judging, PM LJCoffee or Rucklo. Some users will be asked to judge for previous judging efforts! Note that judges aren’t allowed to compete.
- Rules, guidelines and other things that this contest have, may change as time goes by. If anything changes, you will find out by staying updated to this thread.
- If you have any bright ideas for future contests, you can bring them to this thread. Here you can receive feedback from other users and previous contest-creators. The thread also have a purpose to co-ordinate contests in the Audio Forum, so the most can be gained from each contest, instead of having many small getting little attention.
MAC7 - February
Mrac06 - December
Mrac06 - November
MAC6 - October X-MAS theme
MAC6 - August TANKMEN theme
MAC6 - July OPEN CONTEST
Heaviest riff ever competition! (2006)
March Contest (2006)
Battle of the Audio Portal (2005)
LJCoffee - Chief Judge.
TomFulp - Provides the physical awards, along with running this website, newgrounds.com
PsychoGoldfish - DJ who will announce the winners live on radiogrounds.com
Denvish - BBS Moderator, puts the top two audios on the newgrounds.com front page.
MindChamber - Artwork.
DarKsidE555 - List master, updates the list of the new submissions.
Metalcan - Sig-pic artist. He's been making the sig-pics for all MACs so far.
Rucklo - Contest manager.